• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:25
CEST 12:25
KST 19:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9276 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1072

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1431 Next
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
October 01 2010 16:31 GMT
#21421
On October 02 2010 01:29 Jazriel wrote:
I just get buffering. I'm sad now.

It hasn't started yet, so don't be sad.
twitter: @terrancem
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
October 01 2010 16:35 GMT
#21422
On October 01 2010 15:55 Mogwai wrote:
but by getting SotO and Levithan you get +3 bravery and that's only like 3/4 the cost of warmogs. there are more cost efficient ways to get bravery.

EDIT: players are bad enough in the 1500 that Rambo's bravetheon is my build of choice right now. people seriously aren't good enough for tanktheon to be effective so might as well be all in on feeding harder off them than they feed off my team.


Ah, i was talking about the tiamat
Fan of the Jangbanger
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 16:36 GMT
#21423
On October 02 2010 01:30 Southlight wrote:
The problem to me (I finish items early when I can, except for RoA - I feel like it kicks in too slow so I tend to sit on Cata for a while, which is a different topic altogether) is that if you're blatantly being brutalized by a specific hero or one hero has the ability to make life difficult for you, it doesn't make sense to me to finish an item "because you're supposed to" as opposed to building to prevent dying to that hero. That's the main reason why I buy/build defensive items at all after all, otherwise I go entirely offense when I can.

For example that weird Kass game I was actually looking at going GA -> Zhonya and then I'll think about what to do with the Catalyst later. Hence why I bought NLR and then started building for GA - the 40 AP boost from NLR was nice. In retrospect it may have been better to skip the NLR altogether and just rushing the GA and then coming back to AP, or building SS and going for GA that way, but that's going home with 1600 gold for you, lol.

Also when it comes to certain defensive items (Chain/Nega) I'm content sitting on them without even building them into anything. Hence why I brought up the times I pop up with Cata -> Chain -> Negatron -> resume regular build, without ever touching those two items again.

I feel like there's a thin line to tread, there...

... but at the same time I understand the perks of finishing a big item early (like Zhonya).

Edit:
For example, if you're getting your butt whooped by Ezreal, it doesn't make sense to me to buy Blasting Wand to work towards a completed RoA instead of just buying Chain Vest.


If you think RoA kicks in too slow, wouldn't it actually make more sense to finish it asaply...?

Anyways, I think it's more player dependent. I guess with your scenario, I find it hard to imagine a Kass getting his ass handed to by an Ez. Both have blink, you just have to stay in brush more if it's laning and stay out of team fights until Ez commits to another champion first. Nothing wrong with walking in, Pulse or Sphere and Rift away. That is your role after all. There should be no scenario where Ez is gunning down after you and you dying to him unless he has red and has good control. If that's the case, not even Chain Vest is going to save you then.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Darkchylde
Profile Joined January 2010
United States473 Posts
October 01 2010 16:38 GMT
#21424
Stream is being delayed by 1 hour. So 10 AM PST.

Some random informational links:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/wcg2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=271518

irc.quakenet #clgaming
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 16:43:58
October 01 2010 16:43 GMT
#21425
Side-lane Kass joining teamfights against a 4-0 Ezreal and finding yourself running Cata + Sorc vs Bruta BF Ezreal with like a 3 level disadvantage; Ezreal just turns around in teamfights and runs you down. I end up dead with 1000 gold; what do you do?

I bought Chain (obviously).

It makes no sense to me to buy a Blasting Wand to try to rush the RoA in this sort of case, because I need to stop the Ezreal (it's my job D: ) but I'm taking way too much damage from Ezreal to handle him.

I agree it's player dependent (and maybe hero dependent as well). In a case like this I don't even really hesitate, I immediately begin building instant-gratification defensive items to try to stabilize the game from my perspective, and I find a lot of flow-chart players try to finish RoA because "they're supposed to" and just keep dying, and then bitch about "that fed Ezreal" and QQing about crappy teammates.

On the other hand that's an extreme example where I don't think any decent player would have opted for the Blasting Wand, I was just bringing up how my build looks all f'd up in that game but (aside from NLR, which could have been SS or a faster GA completion) I felt very compelled to do it... and it worked out beautifully because once I bought Chain the Ezreal couldn't kill me anymore and I never died again and that essentially locked down Ezreal (I went for GA/Null because they had some other caster that was beginning to ping me down).

So you end up with this fine line between stabilizing defensively and finishing a core item.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
October 01 2010 16:46 GMT
#21426
The games are supposed to be recorded as well so if you miss them live you can watch them afterwards.
twitter: @terrancem
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
October 01 2010 16:47 GMT
#21427
I'm looking forward to some good ol' pub stomping by CLG!
Retvrn to Forvms
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 16:49 GMT
#21428
gee, what an extreme example, you chit.

Anyways, I'm still having a hard time imagining how a Chain Vest would actually be fight changing in that situation. +45 Armor was the difference between getting killed by a Ez with BF Sword and 3 levels up on you and survivng? ehhhh.....

Like I said earlier, I am rather "flow chart-y" when it comes to my item builds. I adapt via play style and warding. I would've gotten that Blasting Ward if it was me. :D
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 16:50 GMT
#21429
On October 02 2010 01:46 GogoKodo wrote:
The games are supposed to be recorded as well so if you miss them live you can watch them afterwards.


Hey, don't try and weasel out of your responsibility of live reporting now!


.... please? lol
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
October 01 2010 16:53 GMT
#21430
On October 02 2010 01:50 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 01:46 GogoKodo wrote:
The games are supposed to be recorded as well so if you miss them live you can watch them afterwards.


Hey, don't try and weasel out of your responsibility of live reporting now!


.... please? lol


I would...if the damn stream worked. It's definitely not on my end -- I have a 20mb/s fibre connection. I think they're just overloaded
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
October 01 2010 16:54 GMT
#21431
On October 02 2010 01:53 oberon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 01:50 NeoIllusions wrote:
On October 02 2010 01:46 GogoKodo wrote:
The games are supposed to be recorded as well so if you miss them live you can watch them afterwards.


Hey, don't try and weasel out of your responsibility of live reporting now!


.... please? lol


I would...if the damn stream worked. It's definitely not on my end -- I have a 20mb/s fibre connection. I think they're just overloaded

The streams are not live yet.
twitter: @terrancem
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 16:56:16
October 01 2010 16:54 GMT
#21432
Anyone familiar with Chatzilla? How do I turn off the spam of join/quit messages?
#1 LoL player
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 17:01:26
October 01 2010 16:57 GMT
#21433
Hahah, I'm very free-style, but I'm also aware sometimes it's to detriment.

The +45 armor I felt was huge because, well obviously it's 45% mitigation on his damage. In a standing fight he probably would have killed me, but when I entered the first combat he basically 4-shot me with two Mystics, Arcane, and Ignite, given that his Q was doing like 400 damage to me. Afterwards the Mystics started doing only like 200 so I could not only survive long enough for my superior jumping CD to get me out, I was a far less attractive option for him to hit, so whenever he turned his attention to me it was out of begrudging need. But again that's an extreme example.

How about less of an extreme one.

I have Cata, Sorc, SS, and just went 4-0 in a teamfight, but my team still feels "behind" because of a fed/farmed Tristana, a hero I know I can't handle the longer the game goes on. I have 9 SS stacks and 1600 gold.

The most common option at this point is to farm a bit more, then return to finish RoA.

I might fountain and buy Wand + Chain.

It could be a bad decision, and one born out of a lack of trust in my team to soak up damage from the Trist, because my team needs me to output damage. Or, it could be a great decision as I outlast the Trist, kill her, and proceed to clean up everyone else to keep snowballing with the SS.

You would obviously just finish the RoA.

But I think there's a fine line there, hahah.

Edit:
By the way the exact reasoning behind Wand + Chain.

Chain is obviously straight-forward. I want to not die fast, and in this case because I'm being demanded to carry so hard with a poking hero I need to take out their DPS ASAP and then try to attrition the rest of their team.

Wand I would buy both because it's on the way to RoA, and also because if I need to I can build it into something else, especially Void Staff in the case the opponent begins reacting to me as well. That way if they buy Negatron I'm already 860 gold up on them because I was prepared, so I can juts turn it into Void with the next 1430 and keep rolling.

However at that point I'm investing in offense instead of defense, so when that situation arises I'd be making a similar decision again, of whether to finish RoA (for survival) or Void (to kill).
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
October 01 2010 16:57 GMT
#21434
I go firecrest/trinity nasus because spending more than 500 gold at a time is for scrubs
azndsh
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4447 Posts
October 01 2010 16:59 GMT
#21435
btw, am i the only person that's incredibly bothered by "asaply"... as soon as possibly"?

also, LoL is weird compared to other DotA/HoN in that better/combined items are more or at least as cost-efficient or better than their corresponding cheaper items. In DotA, you got end-game items because of limitations to item slots. In LoL, end-game items are more cost-efficient (with the exception of Doran's stuff)
oberon
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1320 Posts
October 01 2010 16:59 GMT
#21436
On October 02 2010 01:54 GogoKodo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 01:53 oberon wrote:
On October 02 2010 01:50 NeoIllusions wrote:
On October 02 2010 01:46 GogoKodo wrote:
The games are supposed to be recorded as well so if you miss them live you can watch them afterwards.


Hey, don't try and weasel out of your responsibility of live reporting now!


.... please? lol


I would...if the damn stream worked. It's definitely not on my end -- I have a 20mb/s fibre connection. I think they're just overloaded

The streams are not live yet.


The stream says it's live with 4k viewers... but then just doesn't load.Not sure if that qualifies as "not live". Also, an earlier post said stream was starting at 10AM PST which is...now?
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 17:00 GMT
#21437
Moar AP! Finish that Trist in one Rift jump!!!

Firecrest Nasus... really?
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 17:02 GMT
#21438
On October 02 2010 01:59 azndsh wrote:
btw, am i the only person that's incredibly bothered by "asaply"... as soon as possibly"?

also, LoL is weird compared to other DotA/HoN in that better/combined items are more or at least as cost-efficient or better than their corresponding cheaper items. In DotA, you got end-game items because of limitations to item slots. In LoL, end-game items are more cost-efficient (with the exception of Doran's stuff)


yes, you are obv the only one dsh. Live with it!
But it's ok. I talk like a moron with stuff like "asaply" and "lolz" but I cannot fucking stand "brave". Go figure.

And I like the cost-efficiency of most of the items in LoL. Good buys~
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
October 01 2010 17:03 GMT
#21439
On October 02 2010 01:59 oberon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 01:54 GogoKodo wrote:
On October 02 2010 01:53 oberon wrote:
On October 02 2010 01:50 NeoIllusions wrote:
On October 02 2010 01:46 GogoKodo wrote:
The games are supposed to be recorded as well so if you miss them live you can watch them afterwards.


Hey, don't try and weasel out of your responsibility of live reporting now!


.... please? lol


I would...if the damn stream worked. It's definitely not on my end -- I have a 20mb/s fibre connection. I think they're just overloaded

The streams are not live yet.


The stream says it's live with 4k viewers... but then just doesn't load.Not sure if that qualifies as "not live". Also, an earlier post said stream was starting at 10AM PST which is...now?

Ya, own3d.tv likes to lie sometimes about the live status.

Check http://www.own3d.tv/live/163 it's actually live right now (with nothing going on). But at least you can see if you will get the steam playing.
twitter: @terrancem
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 01 2010 17:06 GMT
#21440
On October 02 2010 02:02 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 01:59 azndsh wrote:
btw, am i the only person that's incredibly bothered by "asaply"... as soon as possibly"?

also, LoL is weird compared to other DotA/HoN in that better/combined items are more or at least as cost-efficient or better than their corresponding cheaper items. In DotA, you got end-game items because of limitations to item slots. In LoL, end-game items are more cost-efficient (with the exception of Doran's stuff)


yes, you are obv the only one dsh. Live with it!
But it's ok. I talk like a moron with stuff like "asaply" and "lolz" but I cannot fucking stand "brave". Go figure.

And I like the cost-efficiency of most of the items in LoL. Good buys~


Without the cost-efficiency we wouldn't be having the discussion I brought up :D
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Prev 1 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM471
IndyStarCraft 77
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 471
Lowko242
IndyStarCraft 77
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 4279
Stork 2476
Horang2 433
Soulkey 359
Jaedong 332
Zeus 287
Larva 263
Soma 228
Mini 220
BeSt 186
[ Show more ]
sorry 98
Mind 72
Pusan 65
Last 60
Hyun 60
ZerO 53
Sexy 50
soO 32
Shinee 30
scan(afreeca) 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe316
canceldota52
League of Legends
JimRising 435
Other Games
gofns33475
singsing2035
Coldzera 704
Happy322
byalli270
Pyrionflax206
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 30
• StrangeGG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV302
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Jankos3264
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 35m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 35m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.