• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:17
CEST 13:17
KST 20:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8941 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1071

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1431 Next
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 16:02:53
October 01 2010 16:00 GMT
#21401
In case you're wondering, the reason I went that item setup is because I was side-lane so I didn't feel the pressing need to output as much damage as possible, so when I went back once with 1600 I just bought the NLR as a future investment (for Zhonya) - at the time I was like level 9 and was still getting great mileage out of Cata. Then I was running into the issue of taking too much damage from Ezreal (their only big threat and also my #1 targeting priority... but up to that point he'd started hunted me down in fights and killed me twice) so I bought Chain... and later Null as I worked toward GA for better survivability and to fulfill my tank/support role.

Edit:
There is method to my madness! Also I play for late-game too much, perhaps.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 16:01 GMT
#21402
On October 02 2010 00:56 Mogwai wrote:
I tend to work towards the same items every game but do so in very weird, game dependent orders. Laning against Kass/Vlad/Morg, I typically grab a negatron on my first back just to give them a big "fuck you" for the rest of the laning phase. It makes a way bigger difference than say, grabbing 2 long swords to work into my brutalizer.


Word son... I'm definitely a big advocate of Negatron first when building a Banshee's. Only exception is if I'm a solo caster lane and I open Blue Crystal first for an early Catalyst. You get to actually make use of the Catalyst passive. Otherwise, you get a lot more EHP with Negatron than Catalyst beyond level 10.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 16:03:16
October 01 2010 16:02 GMT
#21403
On October 02 2010 00:59 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 00:55 GogoKodo wrote:
Riot is apparently going to start streaming the wcg group stage matches in 5 minutes (I'm sure there will be delays).
http://clgaming.net/livestream.php


Some kind soul livereport and chat with me ploxxxxx. I'm stuck at a place where I can't stream anything for at least another 3 hours.

Riot launching special observer client on a windows desktop.

Connection failed. Lol server #1 priority!
twitter: @terrancem
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 16:03 GMT
#21404
On October 02 2010 01:00 Southlight wrote:
In case you're wondering, the reason I went that item setup is because I was side-lane so I didn't feel the pressing need to output as much damage as possible, so when I went back once with 1600 I just bought the NLR as a future investment (for Zhonya) - at the time I was like level 9 and was still getting great mileage out of Cata. Then I was running into the issue of taking too much damage from Ezreal (their only big threat and also my #1 targeting priority... but up to that point he'd started hunted me down in fights and killed me twice) so I bought Chain... and later Null as I worked toward GA for better survivability and to fulfill my tank/support role.


Suuuuure Uta. Keep telling yourself that's the reason why you went Catalyst => NLR => Chain => Null. I've seen level 5 summoners with better item builds!

ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
October 01 2010 16:04 GMT
#21405
Connection success!
twitter: @terrancem
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 16:06 GMT
#21406
Kodo, do you know the match list for the 4 team? :o I presume it's just CLG, SK, ChinaHero and the SEA team, right?
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
ToT)OjKa(
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)2437 Posts
October 01 2010 16:06 GMT
#21407
I JUST BOUGHT GRAGAS
OjKa OjKa OjKa!
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 01 2010 16:07 GMT
#21408
On October 02 2010 01:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
Suuuuure Uta. Keep telling yourself that's the reason why you went Catalyst => NLR => Chain => Null. I've seen level 5 summoners with better item builds!



T_T It burns!
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
October 01 2010 16:07 GMT
#21409
On October 02 2010 01:06 NeoIllusions wrote:
Kodo, do you know the match list for the 4 team? :o I presume it's just CLG, SK, ChinaHero and the SEA team, right?

I don't know the details. I believe you are right, 4 teams, group stage today. Don't know when elimination bracket will be, but finals are tomorrow and will be streamed on the wcg stream.
twitter: @terrancem
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 16:08 GMT
#21410
On October 02 2010 01:07 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 01:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
Suuuuure Uta. Keep telling yourself that's the reason why you went Catalyst => NLR => Chain => Null. I've seen level 5 summoners with better item builds!



T_T It burns!


<3

and thanks Kodo.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 16:09 GMT
#21411
On October 02 2010 01:06 ToT)OjKa( wrote:
I JUST BOUGHT GRAGAS


Be sure to use your ulti whenever you see your team's Galio, Amumu, Morgana ulti! Gragas provides great synergy!
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
October 01 2010 16:11 GMT
#21412
On October 02 2010 00:55 Juicyfruit wrote:
I have a compulsive need to spend all my monies everytime I'm at base. Usually that just ends up me buying the most expensive item I can afford and then ward/elixir/health pots

That's why I'm so eager to buy NLR or BF sword during my first B. I'm never gonna get that much freefarm after that and I don't know how to save money, haha

I'm sure you'd love a Ghostblade/Brutalizer build - not a single part more expensive than 600.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
October 01 2010 16:11 GMT
#21413
On October 02 2010 01:09 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 01:06 ToT)OjKa( wrote:
I JUST BOUGHT GRAGAS


Be sure to use your ulti whenever you see your team's Galio, Amumu, Morgana ulti! Gragas provides great synergy!


lol!
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
October 01 2010 16:12 GMT
#21414
1ish hour delay (as expected).
twitter: @terrancem
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 01 2010 16:17 GMT
#21415
On a related note, though, when do you draw the line between finishing a big item and reacting to game flow?

I've routinely had weird build games where I go Cata -> Negatron -> Chain -> RoA -> Zhon and people are like wtf is your cloak/chain for and I'm like "uhhh, their Annie and MF" or whatnot.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 16:24 GMT
#21416
On October 02 2010 01:17 Southlight wrote:
On a related note, though, when do you draw the line between finishing a big item and reacting to game flow?

I've routinely had weird build games where I go Cata -> Negatron -> Chain -> RoA -> Zhon and people are like wtf is your cloak/chain for and I'm like "uhhh, their Annie and MF" or whatnot.


Not that often tbh. Finishing that Rod a few minutes early over getting that Negatron isn't a bad move. More HP and over time HP gain from Rod is a plus.

Also, for every end game item you get (RoA, Zhonya's, Sunfire, etc), there's more gain to finishing those items earlier than to hold on to their pieces for later completion.

Likewise, if you're working on that Zhonya's but not yet getting to Banshee's, you could play it safer and way for Zhonya's to finish so you have the invul active to fall back on. But you would be justified to get that Negatron a bit earlier if there are 2-3 casters on their team.

Long story short, finish items as early as possible, you definitely get more mileage out of the final item than its pieces. If you need to split your item builds, 2 end game item paths at most, no more than that. Typically, you're splitting between an Offensive and Defensive item.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 16:28:47
October 01 2010 16:27 GMT
#21417
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/wcg2010 now lists both stream channels. I guess 2 games will be played and cast simultaneously.


Hey guys! We're getting ready to start here. We'll be streaming two games in parallel. First round games will be Team China Hero vs Team SK Gaming and Team Another Story vs Team Counter-Logic Gaming. We'll update the streams below to tell you which is which.
twitter: @terrancem
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 01 2010 16:28 GMT
#21418
Live report the CLG game plox.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
October 01 2010 16:29 GMT
#21419
I just get buffering. I'm sad now.
#1 LoL player
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 16:31:40
October 01 2010 16:30 GMT
#21420
The problem to me (I finish items early when I can, except for RoA - I feel like it kicks in too slow so I tend to sit on Cata for a while, which is a different topic altogether) is that if you're blatantly being brutalized by a specific hero or one hero has the ability to make life difficult for you, it doesn't make sense to me to finish an item "because you're supposed to" as opposed to building to prevent dying to that hero. That's the main reason why I buy/build defensive items at all after all, otherwise I go entirely offense when I can.

For example that weird Kass game I was actually looking at going GA -> Zhonya and then I'll think about what to do with the Catalyst later. Hence why I bought NLR and then started building for GA - the 40 AP boost from NLR was nice. In retrospect it may have been better to skip the NLR altogether and just rushing the GA and then coming back to AP, or building SS and going for GA that way, but that's going home with 1600 gold for you, lol.

Also when it comes to certain defensive items (Chain/Nega) I'm content sitting on them without even building them into anything. Hence why I brought up the times I pop up with Cata -> Chain -> Negatron -> resume regular build, without ever touching those two items again.

I feel like there's a thin line to tread, there...

... but at the same time I understand the perks of finishing a big item early (like Zhonya).

Edit:
For example, if you're getting your butt whooped by Ezreal, it doesn't make sense to me to buy Blasting Wand to work towards a completed RoA instead of just buying Chain Vest.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Prev 1 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM551
IndyStarCraft 139
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 551
Lowko380
IndyStarCraft 139
mouzHeroMarine 59
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14253
Free 5579
Stork 1876
Jaedong 673
Horang2 513
BeSt 434
Soulkey 350
Soma 263
Mini 241
Larva 226
[ Show more ]
Zeus 212
Last 143
sorry 108
Mind 84
Pusan 75
Hyun 73
Sexy 47
Shinee 37
soO 31
yabsab 16
Sacsri 15
scan(afreeca) 15
ToSsGirL 12
zelot 10
Dota 2
Gorgc4781
XaKoH 272
Dendi236
XcaliburYe208
Counter-Strike
byalli644
Other Games
gofns35464
singsing2028
Coldzera 694
Happy435
B2W.Neo290
Pyrionflax281
ToD33
trigger0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 36
• StrangeGG 21
• Adnapsc2 9
• Light_VIP 9
• Gemini_19 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV392
League of Legends
• Jankos3667
Upcoming Events
Online Event
43m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 43m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.