• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:13
CEST 14:13
KST 21:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8306 users

Bloodline Champions - Page 46

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 57 Next
Zinroc
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada73 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-29 20:58:34
July 29 2011 20:48 GMT
#901
Hi, I've played this game for a few months now and I want to help get the word out about it. The game has a dev team of about 6 people and yet it is the second best competitive game I've ever played (What do you think is the first? lol) .

BTW this game is FREE.

What makes a good esports candidate? Something that is fun to watch, fun to play, easy to learn hard to master and is BALANCED.

Fun to play? -Yep, even if you are a complete newb you will enjoy the colorful characters, their awesome abilities and art of the game world. The team dynamic and fun unrated game modes like CTA and conquest keep it from being overwhelmingly competitive and offer a great outlet if you just want to have fun.

Easy to learn? Every character has 5 abilities on a cooldown and 1 ultimate for which the keys are mapped out the same and the move keys are WASD so the game is very intuitive and easy to start playing.
As for the hard to master? YES it is. Combat value per second is a general measure of how well your doing and 0-5 is terrible. 5-10 is decent. 10-15 is as good as any pro can do. So does that mean if you score a 15.6 cvs you've mastered the game? NO. I'm in bronze league right now (btw BLC leagues are same as sc2 but without masters and GM) and everyone here scores 5-10 in passive games and 10-15 in constant aggression games, but I guarantee any diamond league team would wipe the floor with us and we would probably only score 0-5 and look like complete noobs. So what are the mechanics that allow for skill to prevail?
-> aiming - nothing in BLC (not even melee attacks or healing) can be locked on to your target so you need to be able to aim well and dodge even better.
-> casting time - the better spells in the game need 1-2 seconds of casting which can be interrupted with some sort of cc meaning you've wasted that casting time for no reason. Also you can use your casting time to cause a reaction out of your opponent (like making them waste a defensive cooldown) and then cancel the spell before you shoot it.
-> Defensive spells / reflection spells - a lot of abilities are channeled and only activated when the hero is hit. Therefore a lot of the game comes down to timing these abilities for when your about to get hit vs cancelling your attacks as soon as you recognize your target activated a defensive cooldown so that they just waste time channeling it without it ever being activated.
-> Collision size - using your body as an extra part of the terrain is something that is very hard to master but a skill that every hero can use to their advantage.

BALANCE? The big question that everything boils down to in the end. The game has 22 completely unique heroes so how many of these do people actually play as and how many are left alone because they are too weak and how many are OP? After playing for a total game played time of 9 days and 19 hours as one of the least popular bloodlines I can honestly say the game is extremely balanced. I have never felt like there was someone I could not kill or that I was invincible against someone. Like StarCraft the question of balance only really matters for the top 1% of the game because other than that your personal mistakes will cost you FAR more games than any form of imbalance. And even at the highest level there are a number of compositions that are popular (granted EVERY possible composition is not feasible at the highest level, but why should they need to be? Going mass queen at in GM will probably not win you very many games either.) And there are always new strategies and compositions popping up with the developing BLC meta game. And as for the items, outfits and weapons you can get, THEY DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATS. Thats right, the hero you get right off the bat is as good as any hero a pro is using.

Fun to watch? Yep, one of the awesome features of this game is that while a tournament (Hosted by BLC) is going on, you can join any ongoing match(even after it started) and be a spectator. Thats right, you have front row seats to the finals of every tournament. Also there are some pro streams out there and up and coming casters. And like starcraft you can watch just for the lolz or to see how the pros got about using certain compositions to their best.

So if you need to chill out after a productive day of climbing the Sc2 ladder please check out this great PvP game.

Here is the game site

http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/

Here is the TL equivalent community site

http://www.gotkunju.com/forum/

FOR ESPORTS!

Edit: also the average ladder game is a 3v3 Bo3 arena mode(deathmatch) and lasts 5-10 minutes so its nice fast paced fun.
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-29 21:00:36
July 29 2011 21:00 GMT
#902
100% agree with Zinroc. The game doesn't receive the love it deserve.
Everyone who never have tried that really should. F2P so you lose nothing
appe
Profile Joined April 2009
Sweden149 Posts
August 01 2011 21:59 GMT
#903
I've been having lots of trouble against Stalker recently in 2v2s. I play Alchemist with a melee dps mate in Gold League mostly. Any tips on how I should approach a Stalker? Any things I should keep an extra eye on and perhaps cooldowns I need to save for specific moments? Anything really :D
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 22:18:45
August 01 2011 22:16 GMT
#904
On August 02 2011 06:59 appe wrote:
I've been having lots of trouble against Stalker recently in 2v2s. I play Alchemist with a melee dps mate in Gold League mostly. Any tips on how I should approach a Stalker? Any things I should keep an extra eye on and perhaps cooldowns I need to save for specific moments? Anything really :D


Alchemist doesn't really have good options against a Stalker, but your ally might certainly have some !
If the Stalker is attacking and killing you, maybe your ally should focus more on protecting his healer.
What class is your ally ?

EDIT (I don't really find Alchemist suitable for the 2v2 actually. Healers like Astronomer or even Herald can play a bigger role. Alchemist really shine in 3+ parties imo)
cougar22
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada98 Posts
August 02 2011 14:51 GMT
#905
On August 02 2011 07:16 Diks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2011 06:59 appe wrote:
I've been having lots of trouble against Stalker recently in 2v2s. I play Alchemist with a melee dps mate in Gold League mostly. Any tips on how I should approach a Stalker? Any things I should keep an extra eye on and perhaps cooldowns I need to save for specific moments? Anything really :D


Alchemist doesn't really have good options against a Stalker, but your ally might certainly have some !
If the Stalker is attacking and killing you, maybe your ally should focus more on protecting his healer.
What class is your ally ?

EDIT (I don't really find Alchemist suitable for the 2v2 actually. Healers like Astronomer or even Herald can play a bigger role. Alchemist really shine in 3+ parties imo)


Alch is strong in 2s.

As for stalker, the general rule in Alch vs. Stalker is: if you miss a sleep, you're dead.
Wait for the space, and the Q to blow before you sleep. Usually this happens when they Space+Q to you, or Q and then Space for the hit. At this point you can sleep, heal once, walk away, and deadly injection. Hopefully by now your teammate put some pressure on the enemy healer to force them to heal themselves and comes in for a swap on the stalker. If the stalker cloaks the injection, they take the weaken anyway, so they have to choose between getting weakened or getting snared + damaged. Some stalkers love to use the invisibility ex, even against Alch. Clarity them out of it. Don't forget about your M1's, stalker is really squishy - just remember they can cloak the disease, so be ready to clarity them if they're going to cloak-stun you off disease or injection. Once the Stalker gets her ultimate, fucking panic, scream for help, land a sleep and get your partner to chain something on top of it. Use your blind potion. If someone breaks that sleep early, you're dead.

If you're playing against Grimrog/Stalker, which I'm guessing you are, things can get quite difficult. I normally play Alch/Glut against Grim/Stalker, because it's the comp my partner and I are most comfortable on. What usually happens is we force the Stalker out of position (to tunnel Alch), then throw CC on Grimrog and hit the Stalker. If you get enough burst in, this can cause them to play more defensively, and you win. When Grimrog R's through you or an ally, clarity off the snare and curse so you don't get stoned. Dodge the silence. If your ally gets black daggered, run. Be ready to clarity as soon as you get rushed, then sleep when they get close again, and your ally should be able to help you after that.

There's a lot I can say about what to do, but it won't help without practice. Play a lot, try things, you'll find what works for you and your team comp.
Absolutionn
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
August 04 2011 02:09 GMT
#906
Im not sure if there is something wrong with my client, but every time I have been on BLC, I can not find a ladder match for the life of me. It always says there are like 3 people searching for matches. WTF 3 PEOPLE? I really wanna play this game but there is no one I can find who is online and playing!!!!!! Mind you its been like this for me since I downloaded the game a couple months ago!

Is there something Im doing wrong?
Jinro | Idra | Qxc | Select
Traveler
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States451 Posts
August 04 2011 03:12 GMT
#907
On August 04 2011 11:09 Absolutionn wrote:
Im not sure if there is something wrong with my client, but every time I have been on BLC, I can not find a ladder match for the life of me. It always says there are like 3 people searching for matches. WTF 3 PEOPLE? I really wanna play this game but there is no one I can find who is online and playing!!!!!! Mind you its been like this for me since I downloaded the game a couple months ago!

Is there something Im doing wrong?


The something wrong is that all the east coast people queue on the EU ladder, and thus the US server is deserted and west coast people get screwed.
Can you ever argue in favor of something without first proving it?
Proxity
Profile Joined March 2011
United States126 Posts
August 04 2011 03:13 GMT
#908
James 2GD Harding mentioned something about a Quake/BLC World Tour! And knowing him it will probably happen! Super excited he plugged BLC many times on Live on Three
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Traveler
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States451 Posts
August 05 2011 04:11 GMT
#909
On August 04 2011 12:13 Proxity wrote:
James 2GD Harding mentioned something about a Quake/BLC World Tour! And knowing him it will probably happen! Super excited he plugged BLC many times on Live on Three


I sounded pretty definite. Sounds like the main focus of the tour will be BLC with other games added on to the side like quake. :D :D :D

Makes me so happy to hear about something like this happening.
Can you ever argue in favor of something without first proving it?
Traveler
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States451 Posts
August 08 2011 05:39 GMT
#910
Today has been a successful day for my personal BLC conquests.

Not only did I have a 20 tps 2v3 round with sukio, but I also achieved g16 from smm (1892 now) :D

Anyways, sukio is now g22 and has a top 50 team <3
Can you ever argue in favor of something without first proving it?
sdonizam
Profile Joined August 2011
Afghanistan15 Posts
August 08 2011 05:44 GMT
#911
--- Nuked ---
boon2537
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States905 Posts
August 08 2011 05:51 GMT
#912
On August 08 2011 14:44 sdonizam wrote:
What a shit game, I can`t believe HoN and LoL haven`t killed it already; whatever, DOTA 2 will get the job done.

It's a completely different game -.- There's no need to bash it. Would you mind elaborate your post ?
+ Show Spoiler +
I agree that Dota 2 will be the shit though
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
August 08 2011 05:56 GMT
#913
On August 08 2011 14:44 sdonizam wrote:
What a shit game, I can`t believe HoN and LoL haven`t killed it already; whatever, DOTA 2 will get the job done.


i'm suprised you aren't banned yet after seeing your post history
Traveler
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States451 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 02:47:34
August 10 2011 02:46 GMT
#914
Semmler the Riot's Round table #2

Pretty awesome round table today, a good discussion about balance stuff, grimrog, seeker, etc.
Can you ever argue in favor of something without first proving it?
Pobearo
Profile Joined August 2009
United States351 Posts
August 15 2011 23:28 GMT
#915
This game's slowly become my go-to multiplayer game for end-of-summer boredom. I highly recommend joining the TL clan ingame, as before I was kind of just messing around aimlessly with myself and a few of my pals, and now I have a clan of knowledgeable TLers to chat with and ask questions.
Spidinko
Profile Joined May 2010
Slovakia1174 Posts
August 23 2011 12:19 GMT
#916
It's a good game but 3v3 ladder is pretty deserted and 2v2 is filled with imbalanced teams.
Anyone knows when the BIG patch is supposed to come out? It has to be pretty big to save the game.
Shraft
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden701 Posts
August 23 2011 12:32 GMT
#917
On August 23 2011 21:19 Spidinko wrote:
It's a good game but 3v3 ladder is pretty deserted and 2v2 is filled with imbalanced teams.
Anyone knows when the BIG patch is supposed to come out? It has to be pretty big to save the game.


I've heard from several people that the patch will be implemented in September, but there hasn't been any developer confirmation yet afaik. As for how big/good the patch will be, see this. Seems like the developers are working hard on the coming patch. All we can do is pray for it to be a success.
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
August 23 2011 12:42 GMT
#918
I can't believe I forgot about this game. I guess that's the problem with small dev teams, no marketing and e-sports teams. The only problem I had with it and maybe they've fixed it, was latency had a gigantic impact on the game. I play sc2 and hon with 90ms lat and I'm fine but if I play BLC with 90ms it I can't land a skill.
Shraft
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden701 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-23 14:25:13
August 23 2011 14:24 GMT
#919
On August 23 2011 21:42 Count9 wrote:
I can't believe I forgot about this game. I guess that's the problem with small dev teams, no marketing and e-sports teams. The only problem I had with it and maybe they've fixed it, was latency had a gigantic impact on the game. I play sc2 and hon with 90ms lat and I'm fine but if I play BLC with 90ms it I can't land a skill.


I think they're having server problems at the moment. Me and some of my friends have had lags the last month. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.

Edit: Haven't they been talking about setting up a server in Asia?
Shraft
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden701 Posts
August 26 2011 10:58 GMT
#920
Thread is sooo inactive... Oh and devs said that marketplace updates will only be once every two weeks from here on out.
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 826
RotterdaM360
SteadfastSC151
TKL 147
Rex98
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 360
ByuN 238
SteadfastSC 151
TKL 147
Rex 98
Codebar 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32913
Shuttle 1707
Bisu 723
Jaedong 670
Horang2 527
Mong 366
Soulkey 307
actioN 272
Stork 264
Mini 251
[ Show more ]
firebathero 231
BeSt 202
Larva 201
Soma 189
EffOrt 139
Last 132
Rush 118
Zeus 115
Snow 105
ZerO 98
Free 77
Pusan 74
910 74
Hyun 70
Sexy 68
Mind 67
PianO 61
Shine 49
Sharp 45
hero 41
Shinee 33
Bale 23
JYJ 22
HiyA 22
sorry 22
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 17
Sacsri 15
Hm[arnc] 15
ZergMaN 15
scan(afreeca) 15
yabsab 15
Noble 8
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc1091
Dendi742
canceldota75
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1251
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King210
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes409
Other Games
gofns63569
singsing2191
Lowko278
DeMusliM208
B2W.Neo207
Pyrionflax174
Livibee149
hiko47
QueenE38
Trikslyr29
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 503
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV516
League of Legends
• Jankos1319
Other Games
• Shiphtur451
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 47m
The PondCast
21h 47m
INu's Battles
22h 47m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.