• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:22
CEST 22:22
KST 05:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8405 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 80

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 96 Next
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-31 19:40:55
March 31 2011 19:40 GMT
#1581
some guy gave me a level 100 shiny latios on the negotiations for a slakoth lol, you can get really lucky if you run into the right people on there.

Latios is actually usable in competitive play so this was awesome to me, if it was mewtwo or some shit it wouldnt be nearly as cool to me since its useless.

also im curious how many floors people have on their unity tower, I have 11 countries atm
Brees on in
Teton
Profile Joined May 2010
France1656 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-31 20:16:11
March 31 2011 19:45 GMT
#1582
On April 01 2011 04:40 Brees wrote:
some guy gave me a level 100 shiny latios on the negotiations for a slakoth lol, you can get really lucky if you run into the right people on there.

Latios is actually usable in competitive play so this was awesome to me, if it was mewtwo or some shit it wouldnt be nearly as cool to me since its useless.

also im curious how many floors people have on their unity tower, I have 11 countries atm


unity tower?

Edit : nvm googled
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
March 31 2011 20:27 GMT
#1583
On April 01 2011 04:45 Teton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 04:40 Brees wrote:
some guy gave me a level 100 shiny latios on the negotiations for a slakoth lol, you can get really lucky if you run into the right people on there.

Latios is actually usable in competitive play so this was awesome to me, if it was mewtwo or some shit it wouldnt be nearly as cool to me since its useless.

also im curious how many floors people have on their unity tower, I have 11 countries atm


unity tower?

Edit : nvm googled


I'm not a big fan of trading on the GTS.. Half the pokemon on there aren't legit. I wonder if they get flagged?
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 31 2011 20:39 GMT
#1584
On March 31 2011 22:14 Ferrose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2011 22:12 Teton wrote:
On March 31 2011 21:52 Ferrose wrote:
On March 31 2011 21:42 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On March 31 2011 21:35 ScarletKnight wrote:
Not yet. Smogon is still going through the game, but the tiers should be out soon, hopefully.

They did recently ban Blaziken to Ubers though.


why Blaziken?


Because of Speed Boost. Give it 2-3 turns and it outspeeds all its counters. And since Fire/Fighting is already great coverage, and it has extremely powerful STABs with 120 base Attack, it's too good for OU.

You're only hope is a bulky Water with priority. But you better hope that Blaziken didn't Swords Dance or Sub or something already >.>

I wonder if my Vaporeon could take a hit from it and Haze to get rid of the Speed Boosts...


Quite imba indeed


The only legit counter I can think of is Slowbro. Or maybe Starmie. Maybe Jellicent? Those are the only Pokes I can think of that resist both of its STABs.

People have suggested some LOL counters. Like Alakazam with Focus Sash, or Shell Break Carracosta with Aqua Jet. I don't know what kinda world you live in if you think that a Rock Pokemon is a counter to a Fighting Pokemon >.<

Edit: I think that Azumarill could handle it, but besides countering Blaziken it's NU trash and even then you're screwed if the Sun is up D:


SMOGON SHEEEPPP! IT HATH SPOILED YOUR BRAIN!

"NU Trash" Is repeatedly under-appreciated. NU usually means its role and situation are to specific to rape face. Take azumarill for instance. There are much bulkier waters, and gyrados is a much better physical attacker, but it has places where you need a physical water with priority. What, Gen 5? Azumarill shines so hard in gen 5.

I bet you 5000 TL cred that azumarill will easily make OU in gen 5. EASILY.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
March 31 2011 21:56 GMT
#1585
This old post is unavailable due to an encoding issue. Please contact an admin if you would like this post restored for historical reasons.
ScarletKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States691 Posts
March 31 2011 22:33 GMT
#1586
Take Outrage off of Reshiram, it doesn't get as much power as Reshiram specializes is Special Attack rather than Physical.

Simisear is awful, if you want a fire type either get a Volcarona or something from previous gens, most gen 5 fire types aren't too good.
Looks like I picked the wrong week the quit sniffing glue
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
March 31 2011 23:11 GMT
#1587
This old post is unavailable due to an encoding issue. Please contact an admin if you would like this post restored for historical reasons.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-31 23:15:35
March 31 2011 23:14 GMT
#1588
Its stats and its movepool suck.

By the way if you want to play competitively start off with downloading Pokemon Online (google it) and just play on that imo. If you've just started out and end up grinding things to 100 and finding out about IVs and EVs and natures and breeding and redoing the whole process that's just gonna turn you off from it.

Also Reshiram and Kyurem are banned unless you play Ubers tier, the most boringest tier of life
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 00:30:48
March 31 2011 23:40 GMT
#1589
I just got my Reshiram to 100. But it's banned. I don't like how Fire Blast and Blue Flare have such poor accuracy. I'd rather have a 100% accurate fire move.

So nobody actually levels their own Pokmon anymore?

Edit: I'm going to start White soon. I'm thinking I'll grab the grass starter and then get Victini, maybe Purrloin for Liepard, and maybe Sawk since those types will be useful later and for the Elite Four. Thoughts?

Edit: My Larvesta just hatched. I'm about to run it through the Elite Four with an Exp. Share. xD


Dark-Storm
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada334 Posts
April 01 2011 01:14 GMT
#1590
I train my own pokemon, Not as satisfying to just have someone else do it.
currently training pokemone for my new team, got their ev's done, now just Audino grinding
I don't have Pet Peeves. I have Major psychotic Fucking Hatreds
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
April 01 2011 01:22 GMT
#1591
On April 01 2011 10:14 Dark-Storm wrote:
I train my own pokemon, Not as satisfying to just have someone else do it.
currently training pokemone for my new team, got their ev's done, now just Audino grinding

I want to do the same. I'm still new at this so I'm just trying to learn what to do.

I really want an all Eevee evolution team, but half of what I read about doing it seems like an immense amount of work, and the other half makes it sound simple.

I have HeartGold and SoulSilver, and so I can get Eevee. I understand I need to get a Ditto and an Eevee at the daycare to breed, let the eggs hatch, and then evolve each Eevee at the appropriate place and time?

Is that correct? Or am I nuts for wanting to do that? xD
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
April 01 2011 01:27 GMT
#1592
On April 01 2011 10:22 LazyMacro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 10:14 Dark-Storm wrote:
I train my own pokemon, Not as satisfying to just have someone else do it.
currently training pokemone for my new team, got their ev's done, now just Audino grinding

I want to do the same. I'm still new at this so I'm just trying to learn what to do.

I really want an all Eevee evolution team, but half of what I read about doing it seems like an immense amount of work, and the other half makes it sound simple.

I have HeartGold and SoulSilver, and so I can get Eevee. I understand I need to get a Ditto and an Eevee at the daycare to breed, let the eggs hatch, and then evolve each Eevee at the appropriate place and time?

Is that correct? Or am I nuts for wanting to do that? xD


That's correct, although you'll typically want to get certain egg moves as well. Which involves having the correct gender and moveset before breeding. You're not nuts, but having an all eevee team is pretty cliche.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-01 01:31:19
April 01 2011 01:30 GMT
#1593
lmao getting a good all eevee team will take days if not a week, good luck with that bro. not to mention only like half are good ;p

Jolteon, vaporeon, and maybe lefeon are all decent, rest pretty sucky

P.S. getting a good porygon-Z in game is fucking ridiculous, you need 2 one of a kind items to evolve and you run the risk of getting the wrong ability after all that...sigh
Brees on in
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
April 01 2011 01:35 GMT
#1594
Just understand that if you do want to level your own Pokemon and play competitively with them, it's going to take hours and hours of repetition and pointlessness to get to a competitively viable point. Definitely doable but I personally don't see the point D:

Not only that you will have to EV train all the Eevees (har har) as well as breeding for natures and IVs.
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
April 01 2011 01:44 GMT
#1595
This old post is unavailable due to an encoding issue. Please contact an admin if you would like this post restored for historical reasons.
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
April 01 2011 01:47 GMT
#1596
On April 01 2011 10:30 Brees wrote:
lmao getting a good all eevee team will take days if not a week, good luck with that bro. not to mention only like half are good ;p

Jolteon, vaporeon, and maybe lefeon are all decent, rest pretty sucky

P.S. getting a good porygon-Z in game is fucking ridiculous, you need 2 one of a kind items to evolve and you run the risk of getting the wrong ability after all that...sigh


Umbreon is pretty sick if you give him the right moves. Don't hate.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
Dark-Storm
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada334 Posts
April 01 2011 01:56 GMT
#1597
I cant wait to get my Hydration Vaporeon
I don't have Pet Peeves. I have Major psychotic Fucking Hatreds
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
April 01 2011 01:59 GMT
#1598
I just hatched a Larvesta and started running it through the Elite Four with an Exp. Share. How do I know if its EVs, IVs, and nature are good or bad? I've been reading a lot about it but it's overwhelming. T_T
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
April 01 2011 02:05 GMT
#1599
On April 01 2011 10:56 Dark-Storm wrote:
I cant wait to get my Hydration Vaporeon

What's that?
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
April 01 2011 02:06 GMT
#1600
On April 01 2011 05:39 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2011 22:14 Ferrose wrote:
On March 31 2011 22:12 Teton wrote:
On March 31 2011 21:52 Ferrose wrote:
On March 31 2011 21:42 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On March 31 2011 21:35 ScarletKnight wrote:
Not yet. Smogon is still going through the game, but the tiers should be out soon, hopefully.

They did recently ban Blaziken to Ubers though.


why Blaziken?


Because of Speed Boost. Give it 2-3 turns and it outspeeds all its counters. And since Fire/Fighting is already great coverage, and it has extremely powerful STABs with 120 base Attack, it's too good for OU.

You're only hope is a bulky Water with priority. But you better hope that Blaziken didn't Swords Dance or Sub or something already >.>

I wonder if my Vaporeon could take a hit from it and Haze to get rid of the Speed Boosts...


Quite imba indeed


The only legit counter I can think of is Slowbro. Or maybe Starmie. Maybe Jellicent? Those are the only Pokes I can think of that resist both of its STABs.

People have suggested some LOL counters. Like Alakazam with Focus Sash, or Shell Break Carracosta with Aqua Jet. I don't know what kinda world you live in if you think that a Rock Pokemon is a counter to a Fighting Pokemon >.<

Edit: I think that Azumarill could handle it, but besides countering Blaziken it's NU trash and even then you're screwed if the Sun is up D:


SMOGON SHEEEPPP! IT HATH SPOILED YOUR BRAIN!

"NU Trash" Is repeatedly under-appreciated. NU usually means its role and situation are to specific to rape face. Take azumarill for instance. There are much bulkier waters, and gyrados is a much better physical attacker, but it has places where you need a physical water with priority. What, Gen 5? Azumarill shines so hard in gen 5.

I bet you 5000 TL cred that azumarill will easily make OU in gen 5. EASILY.


I'd rather use Feraligatr. He has Aqua Jet, and ALL of his stats are better, except HP (by 15). Plus, he's an alligator. And one of my favorite Pokes :3
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 351
JuggernautJason90
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 180
firebathero 75
910 45
Trap 23
NaDa 10
Counter-Strike
Fnx 771
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9423
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g5541
Liquid`RaSZi5510
Beastyqt827
shahzam520
B2W.Neo283
KnowMe139
IndyStarCraft 138
Pyrionflax129
ArmadaUGS126
ZombieGrub100
UpATreeSC55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
League of Legends
• TFBlade983
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 38m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.