• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:21
CEST 07:21
KST 14:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9661 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 77

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 96 Next
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
March 28 2011 06:35 GMT
#1521
On March 28 2011 15:30 ScarletKnight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 15:22 Kyuukyuu wrote:
No chlorophyll?

... no Drought?


Chlorophyll pokes are really only on ones that have slow base speed (minus Jumpluff), I was thinking of switching out Leafeon for Vileplume to abuse it but Leafeon is a better wall.

And Drought can only be used by Groudon, which is Uber.

lern2dw

put drought on ninetales

aside from that:

1) where is charizard, charizard rapes everything
2) leafeon is pretty bad from my experience... consider switching it out for a faster sweeper which benefits more from sun
3) growth now gives +2 SpA, +2 Atk in sun. Make sure you have that on Venusaur.
Translator:3
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 06:48:41
March 28 2011 06:40 GMT
#1522
On March 28 2011 15:30 ScarletKnight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 15:22 Kyuukyuu wrote:
No chlorophyll?

... no Drought?


Chlorophyll pokes are really only on ones that have slow base speed (minus Jumpluff), I was thinking of switching out Leafeon for Vileplume to abuse it but Leafeon is a better wall.

And Drought can only be used by Groudon, which is Uber.



You can get lucky and have some Japanese guy trade you one online. Dream World is out in a few days anyways, so you can wait until then as well.

By one, I mean Drought Ninetales.

Also, you have only one fragile Sunny Day caster that doesn't even have that rock that extends its duration. So any sun you have won't last your entire game. Also, four fire types and two grass types? You're asking to get earthquaked to death, and then out fired by any opposing fire type moves, who also get the fire attack boost.

Most commonly, Heatran. Comes in on a fire move, gets boosted and sweeps your entire team. o:

Is there a reason half your team can heal? Also Leafeon two heal moves?

And stealth rocks AND sunny day on infernape?

Also, Nasty Plot + Choice Specs, joy.
There is no one like you in the universe.
ScarletKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States691 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 06:56:43
March 28 2011 06:55 GMT
#1523
On March 28 2011 15:40 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 15:30 ScarletKnight wrote:
On March 28 2011 15:22 Kyuukyuu wrote:
No chlorophyll?

... no Drought?


Chlorophyll pokes are really only on ones that have slow base speed (minus Jumpluff), I was thinking of switching out Leafeon for Vileplume to abuse it but Leafeon is a better wall.

And Drought can only be used by Groudon, which is Uber.



You can get lucky and have some Japanese guy trade you one online. Dream World is out in a few days anyways, so you can wait until then as well.

By one, I mean Drought Ninetales.

Also, you have only one fragile Sunny Day caster that doesn't even have that rock that extends its duration. So any sun you have won't last your entire game. Also, four fire types and two grass types? You're asking to get earthquaked to death, and then out fired by any opposing fire type moves, who also get the fire attack boost.

Most commonly, Heatran. Comes in on a fire move, gets boosted and sweeps your entire team. o:

Is there a reason half your team can heal? Also Leafeon two heal moves?

And stealth rocks AND sunny day on infernape?

Also, Nasty Plot + Choice Specs, joy.


I will admit I am new to this so my choices are probably not so good. ^^

I'll put Drought on Ninetails once DW comes out.

Infernape is my lead, hence Stealth Rock + Sunny Day but I might switch that out for Arcanine as he's less fragile and have Sunny Day on both of them.

I would remove Morning Sun and put in Sunny Day in that case.

Leafeon would be using Wish as a switchout move, so it could heal any sweeper I decided to put in that was appropriate. At least, I think thats how it works :S

Earthquake is a problem, and I don't really know how to deal with it >.< I figured most users of EQ could be hit by my STAB'd Venusaur solarbeam but.. Yeah I'm not sure.


Looks like I picked the wrong week the quit sniffing glue
Izlude
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada8 Posts
March 28 2011 07:06 GMT
#1524
if you put protect in place of synthesis you can use wish + protect to heal your self as you would with sythesis plus protect is a very versatile move allowing you to scout out choiced pokemons moves etc

latios is without a doubt your biggest weakness, nothing on your team can eat the draco meteor, and you cant switch houndoom in to pursuit trap it as he is still OHKO'd by a -2 draco meteor with stealth rocks up

another problem with your team is that you have nothing to stop tyranitar from repeatedly switching in to stop your sun.

Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 28 2011 07:08 GMT
#1525
On March 28 2011 15:30 ScarletKnight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 15:22 Kyuukyuu wrote:
No chlorophyll?

... no Drought?


Chlorophyll pokes are really only on ones that have slow base speed (minus Jumpluff), I was thinking of switching out Leafeon for Vileplume to abuse it but Leafeon is a better wall.

And Drought can only be used by Groudon, which is Uber.


Drought Ninetails ofc.

Slow base speed doesn't matter when it's doubled yo. Chlorophyll all the way, I <3 that ability.

And hehe Specs Nasty Plot
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
March 28 2011 08:51 GMT
#1526
In that sunny day pokemon list, put some new people. I reccomend Volcarona, Fiery Dance, Solarbeem, hurricane, bug buzz or something like that
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
March 28 2011 08:52 GMT
#1527
On March 28 2011 17:51 adeezy wrote:
In that sunny day pokemon list, put some new people. I reccomend Volcarona, Fiery Dance, Solarbeem, hurricane, bug buzz or something like that

i seem to remember volcarona appreciating flamethrower
Translator:3
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 28 2011 14:08 GMT
#1528
On March 28 2011 14:28 ReketSomething wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 10:21 Ferrose wrote:

I gave Zapdos the HP Ice to get rid of Gliscors. I absolutely hate Gliscor. It's my least favorite Pokemon to fight.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102694


I hate gliscors too. Especially ones with toxic orb, poison heal, protect and substitute.

OMFG that shit is evil. Even without annoying stall with poison/sandstorm its freakin annoying to deal with.


Every single Gliscor has that set. Thankfully I have two Steel types to prevent it from poisoning my team.

But oh wait, every time I see Gliscor, it has Shadow Tag Chandelure as a teammate. My team=ruined ;_;
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Cirn9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 21:44:49
March 28 2011 21:44 GMT
#1529
Wheres the best/what do you use for B/W IV calculator? Hate finding ones that are so unreliable
Unprotected sex is like fast expanding in close positions. Its risky, but feels great when it works out
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
March 28 2011 22:12 GMT
#1530
On March 29 2011 06:44 mikku wrote:
Wheres the best/what do you use for B/W IV calculator? Hate finding ones that are so unreliable

Shameless plug time.

http://metalkid.info.microsoft2008hosting.com/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

The site itself is great, but the Chatango community there is better. It's really small, but very tight-knit. Stop by sometime if you want to chat.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
March 29 2011 00:03 GMT
#1531
This old post is unavailable due to an encoding issue. Please contact an admin if you would like this post restored for historical reasons.
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
March 29 2011 00:16 GMT
#1532
On March 29 2011 09:03 LazyMacro wrote:
Quick question: I'm trying to find a better Pok�mon for having HM moves. I'm only using 3 Pok�mon but have 3 others for fly, surf, etc. My party is full and I'm trying to be able to have those abilities available when I need them.

HMs aren't as big a deal as they were in previous generations. Strength is reserved mainly for creating shortcuts and grabbing an item or two. Waterfall is for grabbing a few items, Dive is only used in one place, etc. The only HMs that should see constant use are Surf and Fly.

In any case, Watchog and Swanna learn all 6 HMs between them, so that can free up your party for one more battler.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
March 29 2011 00:24 GMT
#1533
On March 29 2011 09:16 Aeres wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2011 09:03 LazyMacro wrote:
Quick question: I'm trying to find a better Pokmon for having HM moves. I'm only using 3 Pokmon but have 3 others for fly, surf, etc. My party is full and I'm trying to be able to have those abilities available when I need them.

HMs aren't as big a deal as they were in previous generations. Strength is reserved mainly for creating shortcuts and grabbing an item or two. Waterfall is for grabbing a few items, Dive is only used in one place, etc. The only HMs that should see constant use are Surf and Fly.

In any case, Watchog and Swanna learn all 6 HMs between them, so that can free up your party for one more battler.

Oh great, thanks. I'll have to go catch them.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 29 2011 11:54 GMT
#1534
Guys, on the official Pokemon website there is an event where you play some game and then when the Global Link thing gets launched later this spring, you get a free Eevee evolution with the DW ability.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Mashes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada441 Posts
March 29 2011 12:23 GMT
#1535
On March 29 2011 09:24 LazyMacro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2011 09:16 Aeres wrote:
On March 29 2011 09:03 LazyMacro wrote:
Quick question: I'm trying to find a better Pokmon for having HM moves. I'm only using 3 Pokmon but have 3 others for fly, surf, etc. My party is full and I'm trying to be able to have those abilities available when I need them.

HMs aren't as big a deal as they were in previous generations. Strength is reserved mainly for creating shortcuts and grabbing an item or two. Waterfall is for grabbing a few items, Dive is only used in one place, etc. The only HMs that should see constant use are Surf and Fly.

In any case, Watchog and Swanna learn all 6 HMs between them, so that can free up your party for one more battler.

Oh great, thanks. I'll have to go catch them.


If you're in the later part of the game, you can find Tropius (Route 14) and Bibarel (Village Bridge). Each can learn 4 TM's (you'll have some overlap). I believe Strength and Cut, can be learned by both.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery"
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
March 29 2011 12:45 GMT
#1536
On March 29 2011 20:54 Ferrose wrote:
Guys, on the official Pokemon website there is an event where you play some game and then when the Global Link thing gets launched later this spring, you get a free Eevee evolution with the DW ability.

Oh wow thanks for the heads up! Shame global link's delayed though
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-29 13:33:54
March 29 2011 13:33 GMT
#1537
On March 29 2011 21:45 ahswtini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2011 20:54 Ferrose wrote:
Guys, on the official Pokemon website there is an event where you play some game and then when the Global Link thing gets launched later this spring, you get a free Eevee evolution with the DW ability.

Oh wow thanks for the heads up! Shame global link's delayed though


I wish I knew how many stages there are. I've gotten to the fifth and lost a few times. I want my Espeon

Oh and apparently all the DW eeveelutions are only male. No female Espeon
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
ScarletKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States691 Posts
March 29 2011 17:05 GMT
#1538
Already got me an Umbreon.

I added Volcarona to my Sunny Day team, as well as Lilligant. Beast.
Looks like I picked the wrong week the quit sniffing glue
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-29 17:30:12
March 29 2011 17:26 GMT
#1539
Weather teams dont really make sense for in-game competition as its bring 6 pick 3 battles ;o

they are going to see your all fire team and immediately know that your leading with ninetales and pick accordingly to counter you. Sandstorm teams gettin raped too since everyone just leads with a fighting type to shit on T-Tar. all the people that have a ton of wins run very mixed teams with really adaptable movesets. To give an example


saw an eelectross on a guy with 2k wins:
@ chesto berry

coil
zap cannon
rest
dragon tail


and you wont see rain teams really until drizzle politoed is available to all

right now im running

togekiss @ life orb
machamp @ choice scarf
cloyster @ focus
hydreigon (want to replace him)
ferrothorn (want to replace him, walls are fucking horrible in this format)
ninjask (want to replace him, baton pass doesn't work well in this format)
Brees on in
invrnc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States26 Posts
March 29 2011 17:43 GMT
#1540
On March 29 2011 22:33 Ferrose wrote:
I wish I knew how many stages there are. I've gotten to the fifth and lost a few times. I want my Espeon

Oh and apparently all the DW eeveelutions are only male. No female Espeon


When I played... there were four stages >_>

It is unfortunate about the male-only thing though...
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2076
Snow 153
Bale 26
910 14
Noble 14
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1118
Mew2King28
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1234
WinterStarcraft643
Other Games
summit1g7837
JimRising 625
PiGStarcraft317
C9.Mang0176
ArmadaUGS144
Maynarde140
Sick118
RuFF_SC295
Livibee66
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick613
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2195
League of Legends
• Lourlo1380
• Rush1018
• Stunt389
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 39m
OSC
7h 39m
Stellar Fest
7h 39m
OSC
18h 39m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.