• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:13
CEST 21:13
KST 04:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8341 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 72

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 96 Next
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-24 09:34:45
March 24 2011 09:28 GMT
#1421
On March 24 2011 13:09 DizzyDrone wrote:
I'm currently playing Pokemon Black on my pc using an emulator, and I've managed to get it connected to WiFi. Would it be concidered "bad manner" to participate in trading and battling with my game?


How on earth did you manage to do that...

I am totally abusing the fact that Salamance isn't uber anymore...at least for the next bit. DD Jolly Mance raping stuff left and right.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
March 24 2011 11:21 GMT
#1422
Awesome... So I did my first reset of tornadus, I got modest (seems like I never get those speed bonus ones), ran it through an IV checker... my spread was (HP,AT,DE,SA,SD,SP) 14, 14, 30-31, 30-31, 30-31, 28-30. I was hesitant at faster because for now I'm getting a bunch of pokemon that will be slower... but hell.. he has agility. I think it's very likely that I will be running a trick room set of pokemon with the natures I've been getting for my OUs
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
WarChimp
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia943 Posts
March 24 2011 11:59 GMT
#1423
On March 24 2011 18:28 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 13:09 DizzyDrone wrote:
I'm currently playing Pokemon Black on my pc using an emulator, and I've managed to get it connected to WiFi. Would it be concidered "bad manner" to participate in trading and battling with my game?


How on earth did you manage to do that...



I quite like Pokemon, however I am not going out to buy a 3DS just so I can play it, so I am also interested in how you got that to work, as I didn't mind the pokemon games.

The last Pokemon games I played was Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby, and my first was Pokemon Yellow, (Actually they were my only Pokemon games I played)

Asshat
Profile Joined September 2010
593 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-24 13:04:24
March 24 2011 12:25 GMT
#1424
On March 24 2011 17:35 adeezy wrote:
IR GTS just got released, basically its a program that you can make any pokemon and you send it in your game... I'm not sure how it works but I want to figure it out lol

I think the easiest way to get good hacked Pokemon is to breed them correctly, with the abilities and everything. And then actually EV train it, with pokerus and such and then do an IV modifier... Still takes loads of time and effort. I've never really used Pokesav. I'd prefer my real game to have all the good Poke's and have the actual ID and all that and you pretty much need a flash cart for pokesav yeah?


Can you use that program to find out your secret ID? I haven't used it before but it looks like it works both ways, so you could potentially upload one random pokemon to the pc and get all the data on it using pokesav or whatever.

Yep, works for that, tyvm for showing me that shit I wasn't aware of its existence! Sooo useful, for cloning/IV checking/hacking, etc.
ak1knight
Profile Joined April 2010
United States313 Posts
March 24 2011 16:13 GMT
#1425
On March 24 2011 18:28 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 13:09 DizzyDrone wrote:
I'm currently playing Pokemon Black on my pc using an emulator, and I've managed to get it connected to WiFi. Would it be concidered "bad manner" to participate in trading and battling with my game?


How on earth did you manage to do that...

Use at your own risk
w00t
Stratos.FEAR
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada706 Posts
March 24 2011 18:04 GMT
#1426
hey i was wondering where do you find the updated tiers? i used to think only legendaries and wobuffet were uber and then everything else fell into ou and with some into uu
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
March 24 2011 18:23 GMT
#1427
OU: Banlist
http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=160&a=187

you can use UU in OU but it isn't a great idea
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
March 24 2011 18:56 GMT
#1428
On March 25 2011 03:23 Wesso wrote:
OU: Banlist
http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=160&a=187

you can use UU in OU but it isn't a great idea

Well, the only real difference between UU and OU is... usage, not power. If there's a metagame shift, and a UU poke starts seeing a lot more usage in OU, then sure, use it in OU
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 24 2011 19:33 GMT
#1429
There are plenty of UU and even NU Pokemon that can be viable in OU, if you know what you're doing.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
March 24 2011 21:05 GMT
#1430
Anyone play much over wifi? It feels like everyone I play has impossible teams, as in hacked, too perfect for them to create in the actual game..
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
March 24 2011 21:11 GMT
#1431
On March 25 2011 06:05 NuKedUFirst wrote:
Anyone play much over wifi? It feels like everyone I play has impossible teams, as in hacked, too perfect for them to create in the actual game..


Nothing is too perfect if you have enough time. And a lot of people have A LOT of time.

Anyone else try out the desume wifi? I'm tempted to try it out.
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
March 24 2011 21:35 GMT
#1432
On March 24 2011 21:25 Asshat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 17:35 adeezy wrote:
IR GTS just got released, basically its a program that you can make any pokemon and you send it in your game... I'm not sure how it works but I want to figure it out lol

I think the easiest way to get good hacked Pokemon is to breed them correctly, with the abilities and everything. And then actually EV train it, with pokerus and such and then do an IV modifier... Still takes loads of time and effort. I've never really used Pokesav. I'd prefer my real game to have all the good Poke's and have the actual ID and all that and you pretty much need a flash cart for pokesav yeah?


Can you use that program to find out your secret ID? I haven't used it before but it looks like it works both ways, so you could potentially upload one random pokemon to the pc and get all the data on it using pokesav or whatever.

Yep, works for that, tyvm for showing me that shit I wasn't aware of its existence! Sooo useful, for cloning/IV checking/hacking, etc.


How did oh use it guys to find secret I'd and stuff?
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
ak1knight
Profile Joined April 2010
United States313 Posts
March 24 2011 22:33 GMT
#1433
On March 25 2011 06:11 DEN1ED wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 06:05 NuKedUFirst wrote:
Anyone play much over wifi? It feels like everyone I play has impossible teams, as in hacked, too perfect for them to create in the actual game..


Nothing is too perfect if you have enough time. And a lot of people have A LOT of time.

Anyone else try out the desume wifi? I'm tempted to try it out.

I've used it to check the GTS, but I haven't done any battles because I haven't beaten the game yet.
w00t
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 24 2011 22:42 GMT
#1434
Does it work alright? I'm in class and don't want to look up the specifics right now but why is it "use at your own risk"?
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
March 24 2011 22:53 GMT
#1435
On March 25 2011 07:42 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Does it work alright? I'm in class and don't want to look up the specifics right now but why is it "use at your own risk"?


Probably because a lot of things can go wrong with pc's and they don't want to be held accountable when some idiot tries to use it and fails, but succeeds in screwing up his computer
ak1knight
Profile Joined April 2010
United States313 Posts
March 24 2011 22:58 GMT
#1436
On March 25 2011 07:42 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Does it work alright? I'm in class and don't want to look up the specifics right now but why is it "use at your own risk"?

Just seemed sort of shady is all, nothing that could really harm your computer but anything that is used to gain (potentially illegal?) access to something is sometimes frowned upon.
w00t
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 00:28:30
March 25 2011 00:09 GMT
#1437
On March 25 2011 03:56 sylverfyre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 03:23 Wesso wrote:
OU: Banlist
http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=160&a=187

you can use UU in OU but it isn't a great idea

Well, the only real difference between UU and OU is... usage, not power. If there's a metagame shift, and a UU poke starts seeing a lot more usage in OU, then sure, use it in OU


Depends. OU pokemon are put into that tier because they are pretty damn powerful as it is.


That Uber list is very very interesting, there are some really really powerful pokemon that are no longer in ubers.

Mew just became the best Baton Passer in OU.
Latios has just become a monstrous OU sweeper.
Deoxys-S just became just about the best entry hazard lead ever.
Garchomp needs no introduction.

The Latios thing really suprises me though. The pokemon is pretty vicious when you have soul dew on it which I assume we'll be eventually able to get through dream world or an event. I fully expect Latios to be banned again once Soul Dew becomes accessible, it was a top tier Special sweeper in UBERS in the D/P/Pt era.

Anyway I'm attempting to make a Drought team for when DW comes out and I'm having a severe issue with Ninetails and its lackluster survivability. I think I've figured out SOMETHING that might work

Ninetails @ Chesto Berry
Drought
Bold
252 HP/ 200 Def / 56 SpD
0 Speed IV if I can manage it.

Toxic
Will-O-Wisp
Protect/Roar
Rest

Cripples attacking types and bulky water types that try to switch into it. Gets a full restore from Rest once and is at least somewhat bulky itself. Slow speed is because the slower weather effect is the one that will be used when I run into other weather teams.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Timid - Swarm
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

Fire Blast
Bug Buzz
Morning Sun
Quiver Dance

Self Explanatory. Sun gives +1 to Fire Blast and increases Morning Sun to 66% HP. My sweeper obviously. Fire Blast is powerful enough without the Quiver Dance, with it even shit that resists Fire is going to hurt. I've seen Volcarona OHKO Swampert before...

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid - Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA/252 Spe

Seed Flare
Earth Power
HP Ice
Rest

Obviously only works with the one I received in Gen IV because I can't get Earth Power some other way. Revenge killer and Seed Flare allows it the liberty to not rely on Sun for a powerful 120 base power instant attack and also remove pesky water/ground/rock types

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Impish - Chlorophyll
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

Wish
Protect
Leafblade
Roar

A really weird choice I know, but with sun out and Chlorophyll he gets really damn fast. Wish Support so my nine tails doesn't get crippled as easily and it's a really healthy wall on its own. Roar will help phaze things I'm not quiet ready to handle at the moment. Also can help Volcarona shrug off an SR entry if I can't get rapid spin up.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Jolly - Inner Focus
252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Stealth Rock
Taunt
Thunder Wave
Metal Sound

This thing is designed to get SR up and that's it. It'll help out leafeon with the phazing and it may just cripple the shit out of opposing Blissey or other Special walls like Latias or something with metal sound and the like due to my really lackluster physical attacking options. It actually has a really nice amount of resistances and defense so the chances of it lasting more than 2 turns is fairly high.

Forretress @ Shed Shell
Relaxed - Sturdy
252 HP/ 128 Atk / 128 Def
0 Speed IV

Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball
Earthquake

Even from something that isn't based around attack Gyro Ball and EQ hurt like a bitch. Like Ferrothorn Forretress is likely to get a maxed out Gyro Ball and EQ will OHKO a whole ton of annoying things like Shadow Tag Chandelure, Heatran, and Infernape that might want to try to take advantage of the 4x Fire Weakness with sun support. Also supports Volcarona with the required RS support as well as lay down some mean spikes.

I'm not too sure on the Bisharp/Leafeon choices. I like that Leafeon has wish for Ninetails and that Chlorophyll will make it pretty damn fast. Bisharp was just thrown in there because SR is really really really nice for Volcarona. I could just get by with Spikes if I had too though. Rip it apart. I'm trying to refine it.

The funny thing is that this team is very very very weak to fire. It'll require me to predict with Forretress or just up and revenge kill with Shaymin. Luckily most people don't really run many fire types so I just have to make sure that Shaymin is kept in the wings as long as possible. I can use leafeon to scare off most targets that Shaymin would use Seed Flare on anyway.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 25 2011 00:12 GMT
#1438
Just beat the flying gym leader.
I really can't stand how all my pokemon are so frail. Even when 7 levels ahead, they die so fast.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 25 2011 00:14 GMT
#1439
On March 25 2011 09:12 Torte de Lini wrote:
Just beat the flying gym leader.
I really can't stand how all my pokemon are so frail. Even when 7 levels ahead, they die so fast.


This generation is all about very fast hard hitting pokemon.

Very few Pokemon added can wall at all. There is Ferrothorn and...that's all I can really recall.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 00:19:15
March 25 2011 00:18 GMT
#1440
Jellicent, sort of...

And Cofagrigus?! Don't know much about him.

edit: afaik Soul Dew isn't becoming available
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 781
SteadfastSC543
EnkiAlexander 74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 543
UpATreeSC 107
JuggernautJason56
BRAT_OK 53
ZombieGrub42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28730
Soulkey 294
Dewaltoss 117
Mini 104
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 28
Shine 19
White-Ra 3
NotJumperer 3
Dota 2
qojqva1070
Dendi1015
Counter-Strike
fl0m1400
Fnx 716
shoxiejesuss644
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2259
Liquid`Hasu896
Other Games
Grubby2453
ArmadaUGS1059
B2W.Neo671
ceh9519
byalli485
C9.Mang0167
Pyrionflax117
Chillindude79
Trikslyr48
Railgan19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• Reevou 7
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix9
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV42
League of Legends
• TFBlade1199
Other Games
• imaqtpie1096
• Scarra615
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 47m
OSC
17h 47m
Stellar Fest
17h 47m
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 17h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.