• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:44
CEST 11:44
KST 18:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)34Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8804 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 71

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 96 Next
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 24 2011 01:53 GMT
#1401
Thanks! I'll try both sets.

Also, infinitestory is my hero. Taunt Skarm is awesome. All I had left was Scizor with 39 HP, against Aerodactyl, Weavile, and Cofagrigusk. And I won. With Spikes.

Skarmory fainted!

Ferrose sent out Scizor!

Start of turn 33
Scizor used Bullet Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Aerodactyl lost 91% of its health!
The foe's Aerodactyl fainted!

Winston sent out Weavile!
The foe's Weavile is hurt by spikes!
The foe's Weavile fainted!

Winston sent out Cofagrigusk!
The foe's Cofagrigusk is hurt by spikes!
The foe's Cofagrigusk fainted!

Ferrose won the battle!
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-24 01:56:18
March 24 2011 01:55 GMT
#1402
The way to counter excadrill is a faster excadrill, which seems funny but basically that's why people run him as speed + to stop other excadrills. .

Another counter is a bold suicune, I'm pretty sure one surf is all it takes, lol

Also could someone teach me how to use taunt correctly, like taunt skarm, when do you have the opportunity to use that correctly lol
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
Asshat
Profile Joined September 2010
593 Posts
March 24 2011 02:19 GMT
#1403
Super effective STAB priority, and simply denying sandstorm are the best counters to excadrill.
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 24 2011 02:20 GMT
#1404
Run a trickroom team ... makes exadrill extremely useless when everything in the game outspeeds it.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
March 24 2011 02:29 GMT
#1405
Trick room team would work too, Wish they'd bring out a pokemon that starts off the match with a trick room instant or something, that'd be cool

As for trickr oom teams how do you offset the round you take to do trick room and the fact you have to re-do it every time?
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 24 2011 02:32 GMT
#1406
It lasts like five turns or something.

Porygon2 can learn Trick Room. I could replace Magic Coat for it

Speaking of Trick Room, I hear that there is talk on Smogon about putting Reuniclus into Ubers. : /
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-24 03:27:57
March 24 2011 02:40 GMT
#1407
On March 24 2011 11:29 adeezy wrote:
Trick room team would work too, Wish they'd bring out a pokemon that starts off the match with a trick room instant or something, that'd be cool

As for trickr oom teams how do you offset the round you take to do trick room and the fact you have to re-do it every time?

The pokemon on your team that use Trick Room tend to be extremely bulky, so that one extra hit doesn't really hurt too much. Slowbro/Slowking, Pory2, Dusknoir (?), and Uxie (?) are decent examples.

EDIT:

Pokemon that counter Excadrill (during sandstorm):
Rotom-W (Requires some defensive EVs)
Rotom-H and Rotom-C (to a lesser extent)
Breloom (mach punch)
Skarmory
Bronzong (to a lesser extent than Skarmory, since phazing is unavailable)
Wobbuffett (must use Encore)
Whimsicott (must switch in on the swords dance and use Encore)
Anything with Focus Sash, must be able to OHKO
Politoed (must be scarfed or have high defensive stats)
Any bulky Steel, Fighting, or Water type with a balloon, must be able to OHKO (ex: Heatran, Terrakion)
Gliscor (not 100% sure about this. Would ideally have max HP and Def and know Earthquake)
Gyarados (Beware Stone Edge, even though I don't think it kills for sure. Have Intimidate.)
Lucario (vacuum wave)
Ludicolo (unsure how well it tanks a Stone Edge)

These should generally be used as revenge killers. Most of them aren't safe switchins unless you know what attack excadrill is going to use for sure.
Translator:3
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
March 24 2011 02:58 GMT
#1408
I feel like you guys are taking this way too seriously
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Asshat
Profile Joined September 2010
593 Posts
March 24 2011 03:12 GMT
#1409
On March 24 2011 11:58 Scaramanga wrote:
I feel like you guys are taking this way too seriously


As opposed to taking Starcraft way too seriously? Both games are nothing more than past times to me, but pokemon has too much of an uncontrollable luck factor (accuracy, crits, procs) for my taste, it's easily the most frustrating "competitive" game I've ever played. But still fun enough to be worth my attention. The potential for mind games is huge.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 24 2011 03:14 GMT
#1410
Yes, it's very fun to toy with people on Pokemon. For instance, when my opponent has nothing but Rotom-W left, I have Vaporeon out. I switch to Zapdos for Lightningrod, then back to Vaporeon to heal with Water Absorb. The guy couldn't do anything :D
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
KeiQQ
Profile Joined May 2010
United States113 Posts
March 24 2011 03:35 GMT
#1411
My sincerest apologies if this has already been posted somewhere obvious, but I don't have the time to sift through the entire thread.

I played pokemon awhile back, and haven't played any of the newer gens. I've forgotten all about IVs/EVs/breeding/etc. Can someone recommend a good place to "catch up" on all of these? And have they changed at all in gen 5 (I think thats what white/black's gen is)?

Much appreciated!
How much you wanna bet?
DizzyDrone
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands629 Posts
March 24 2011 04:09 GMT
#1412
I'm currently playing Pokemon Black on my pc using an emulator, and I've managed to get it connected to WiFi. Would it be concidered "bad manner" to participate in trading and battling with my game?
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
March 24 2011 04:13 GMT
#1413
On March 24 2011 13:09 DizzyDrone wrote:
I'm currently playing Pokemon Black on my pc using an emulator, and I've managed to get it connected to WiFi. Would it be concidered "bad manner" to participate in trading and battling with my game?

1) I'd love to know how you did that
2) It's only bad manner if you hack illegal, unreleased, or otherwise obviously hacked pokemon, I think. Be careful if you do choose to hack: illegal sets are more common and obvious than you might think.
Translator:3
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 24 2011 04:17 GMT
#1414
How did you do that wtf :O
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 24 2011 04:45 GMT
#1415
On March 24 2011 13:09 DizzyDrone wrote:
I'm currently playing Pokemon Black on my pc using an emulator, and I've managed to get it connected to WiFi. Would it be concidered "bad manner" to participate in trading and battling with my game?


Go for it! And then be TL's dedicated poke-making-whore
Together but separate, like oatmeal
DizzyDrone
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands629 Posts
March 24 2011 04:46 GMT
#1416
On March 24 2011 13:13 infinitestory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 13:09 DizzyDrone wrote:
I'm currently playing Pokemon Black on my pc using an emulator, and I've managed to get it connected to WiFi. Would it be concidered "bad manner" to participate in trading and battling with my game?

1) I'd love to know how you did that
2) It's only bad manner if you hack illegal, unreleased, or otherwise obviously hacked pokemon, I think. Be careful if you do choose to hack: illegal sets are more common and obvious than you might think.


At the moment I've only used an AR to get Celebi so I could start the Zorua event but I guess that falls under cheating rather then hacking.

The reason I ask is because I really don't want to ruin other people's game. So far there's only 2 problems - I generate a new friend code every time I reconnect and the game runs slower then a ds (which means the ds user has to wait after every round).
No.Doubt
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada202 Posts
March 24 2011 04:58 GMT
#1417
I still love running scizzor as a batton passer running special defense/defense and HP EV with
1. Batton pass
2. Sword dance
3. Agility
4. X-Scissor or roost (I think he can learn this)

A great physical wall the only type that can really break him is fire being a 4x weakness, but passing to garchomp with 2 swords dance and 2 agility is almost instant win. :D
GoodRamen
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States713 Posts
March 24 2011 05:02 GMT
#1418
whats the best way to beat the super single train???
#1 Fantasy Fan!!!!
Bobble
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1493 Posts
March 24 2011 06:25 GMT
#1419
On March 24 2011 07:42 TALegion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2011 03:04 cannavaro wrote:
On March 23 2011 02:25 anilusion wrote:
On March 22 2011 13:05 Ferrose wrote:
[image loading]


Why are they hating on him?



Because he put an Everstone (item that prevents evolution) on Shelmet, a Pokemon that only evolves when traded vs. a Karrablast.

I'm not one for pokemon lore (or, any video game lore, for that matter), but this makes me curious.
What's the reasoning behind this?
Karrablast looks like it should evolve into Shelmet's evolved form, and vice versa. Why?
What kind of reasonings/explanation for this is there?


Well, when they are traded, Shelmet's armour is given to Karrablast for the evolution. A Shelmet without amour looks roughly like Accelgor, and if you look pass an Escaliver's amour, it still has Karrablast's colours.
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-24 08:53:42
March 24 2011 08:35 GMT
#1420
IR GTS just got released, basically its a program that you can make any pokemon and you send it in your game... I'm not sure how it works but I want to figure it out lol

I think the easiest way to get good hacked Pokemon is to breed them correctly, with the abilities and everything. And then actually EV train it, with pokerus and such and then do an IV modifier... Still takes loads of time and effort. I've never really used Pokesav. I'd prefer my real game to have all the good Poke's and have the actual ID and all that and you pretty much need a flash cart for pokesav yeah?
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1172
Bisu 598
BeSt 376
Hyuk 306
actioN 172
Leta 140
EffOrt 131
Zeus 121
ZerO 84
Light 79
[ Show more ]
Soma 76
Horang2 74
Mind 46
Shinee 46
Mong 41
Killer 35
soO 32
Aegong 31
sorry 28
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 22
PianO 19
Terrorterran 13
Sharp 11
ZergMaN 9
HiyA 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe161
League of Legends
JimRising 368
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1250
shoxiejesuss683
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King181
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1749
Other Games
gofns29295
summit1g8365
singsing1453
ceh9612
crisheroes296
XBOCT167
DeMusliM141
ArmadaUGS109
Livibee94
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick518
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream237
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH266
• LUISG 13
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Jankos1873
• Rush1307
• Stunt426
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16m
OSC
3h 16m
Stellar Fest
3h 16m
OSC
14h 16m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.