• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:42
CEST 16:42
KST 23:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7320 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 46

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 96 Next
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 13 2011 16:36 GMT
#901
On March 13 2011 17:48 Empyrean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 15:01 adeezy wrote:
Is reniculus good?He seems like he will be in UU for sure


Both the Bold CM set with Max HP/Def/Leftovers and something along the lines of CM/Recover/Psychic (or Psycho Shock)/Shadow Ball (or HP Fighting or whatever for coverage), as well as the LO Trick Room Sweeper set are very effective.

OMFG Reuniclus is the gayest bulky sweeper ever. TTar crunch doesn't OHKO, HP fighting + stab psychic + shadow ball + RECOVER = CANNOT BE BEATEN.
:)
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 16:54:18
March 13 2011 16:49 GMT
#902
So does anyone else think that Darmanitan could be some rediculous sweeper?
With sheer force and his naturally high attack and belly drum I'm like 1 shotting most pokemon with non-super effective physical fire attacks in the rain =/

With a life orb he can atleast trade with someone with flame charge or whatever that recoil fire attack is because it has 120 base and has a chance to burn so it gets increased by sheer force
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 17:00:30
March 13 2011 16:58 GMT
#903
On March 14 2011 01:49 Phrost wrote:
So does anyone else think that Darmanitan could be some rediculous sweeper?
With sheer force and his naturally high attack and belly drum I'm like 1 shotting most pokemon with non-super effective physical fire attacks in the rain =/

With a life orb he can atleast trade with someone with flame charge or whatever that recoil fire attack is because it has 120 base and has a chance to burn so it gets increased by sheer force

Only if you pass some sort of speed boost onto him... and even then, its defenses are a little too weak. 140 base attack is indeed extremely high, but 55 in both defenses (even with the relatively high hp) means that a priority move from another high-attack pokemon will 1-hit or 2-hit it, especially since you're not gonna be putting EVs into defenses. 95 speed isn't bad, but it isn't good either - there are plenty of 110 speed scarfers out there, and they will kill you before you get to make a move.
:)
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
March 13 2011 17:28 GMT
#904
On March 13 2011 17:59 Pvvned wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 15:38 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
Hey guys, I need help. I got 8 badges but my pokemons are too low of a level. Is there any good place to level my pokemons except for grinding victory road? Victory road is really slow .

Audino grinding

I'm trying to get all of my guys to 60 (my friend and I are having an arranged only-60's battle). Are there any audino's high enough level that I could grind them?
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 13 2011 17:32 GMT
#905
On March 14 2011 02:28 TALegion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 17:59 Pvvned wrote:
On March 13 2011 15:38 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
Hey guys, I need help. I got 8 badges but my pokemons are too low of a level. Is there any good place to level my pokemons except for grinding victory road? Victory road is really slow .

Audino grinding

I'm trying to get all of my guys to 60 (my friend and I are having an arranged only-60's battle). Are there any audino's high enough level that I could grind them?

The shaking grass patches in the routes post-E4 have mostly audino's (~lvl 50) from my experience, sometimes wigglytuff. Regardless, lucky egg + lvl 50-60 wild pokemon = fast grinding to lvl 60.
:)
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 13 2011 17:45 GMT
#906
On March 14 2011 02:28 TALegion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 17:59 Pvvned wrote:
On March 13 2011 15:38 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
Hey guys, I need help. I got 8 badges but my pokemons are too low of a level. Is there any good place to level my pokemons except for grinding victory road? Victory road is really slow .

Audino grinding

I'm trying to get all of my guys to 60 (my friend and I are having an arranged only-60's battle). Are there any audino's high enough level that I could grind them?


http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/location/531.shtml
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Magashi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States164 Posts
March 13 2011 19:18 GMT
#907
Hello, I have a few questions. I havent played Pokemon in quite awhile, and I was thinking of getting back into it as I now have some free time.

First question: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl , HeartGold/SoulSilver , Black/White are they all the same game, but just added areas? What I mean is, the area of these games are based on regions right? So would Pokemon Black/White have the same regions as Pokemon Diamond/Pearl plus new regions? Or are they all different in areas? Hope this question is clear.

Second question: If they are all different games, should I start with Diamond/Pearl before i play Black/White?

Thanks!
HerO | Taeja
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 13 2011 19:24 GMT
#908
On March 14 2011 04:18 Magashi wrote:
Hello, I have a few questions. I havent played Pokemon in quite awhile, and I was thinking of getting back into it as I now have some free time.

First question: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl , HeartGold/SoulSilver , Black/White are they all the same game, but just added areas? What I mean is, the area of these games are based on regions right? So would Pokemon Black/White have the same regions as Pokemon Diamond/Pearl plus new regions? Or are they all different in areas? Hope this question is clear.

Second question: If they are all different games, should I start with Diamond/Pearl before i play Black/White?

Thanks!

all are different areas with different pokemon for the most part...

Diamond/Pearl = sinnoh
HG/SS = kanto/johto
Black/White = Unova

As well, the stories DO NOT go together... i believe that its

gen 1 and gen 3 = same time
gen 2 and gen 4 = same time
gen 5 = years after gen 4

so the stories in the games have nothing to do with each other.

I would recommend going with Black/White simply due to:

1) You have A LOT of pokemon in these games (the ones from gen 5 + a lot from gens 1 - 4)
2) You have the most up-to-date moves (moves were changed)
3) It is one of the more difficult and more fun pokemon games released

The other option would be HG/SS for

1) has almost ALL pokes from gen 1 - 4
2) Arguably the BEST pokemon game period

- - -

Kind of hard to choose between those two, but black/white simply bring new things like dreamworld and reusable TMs which I like a lot.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 19:32:25
March 13 2011 19:24 GMT
#909
No. D/P/Pt takes place in a region called Sinnoh. HG/SS are remakes of G/S/C, which take place in Johto and Kanto. B/W take place in a totally new region called Unova, which is apparently so far away from the other ones that none of the older Pokemon live there.

You don't need to worry about order. The stories of the games aren't bridged (they kind of are in the first and second gens, but it really doesn't matter), but it's not like anyone plays Pokemon for the deep, engaging storylines lol.

Edit: And IMO, the best Pokemon games for me is between HG/SS and Platinum. B/W are really good too.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Magashi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 19:39:47
March 13 2011 19:39 GMT
#910
Great, Thanks for the excellent and quick replies. I understand it all now
I did not know about Platinum, is that an upgraded version of D/P?
HerO | Taeja
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 19:46:13
March 13 2011 19:44 GMT
#911
On March 14 2011 04:39 Magashi wrote:
Great, Thanks for the excellent and quick replies. I understand it all now
I did not know about Platinum, is that an upgraded version of D/P?


Yes, they always release some expansion version like a year later. My guess is that gen V will have Pokemon Gray or something. Idk what they will do for it though.

In Platinum, they added like 50 Pokemon to the regional Pokedex (mainly just the pre-evolutions of the Pokemon that got a new evolution in gen IV, but also some more. For instance, they made Houndoom catchable since gen IV's original Pokedex had like no good Fire types besides Infernape, maybe Rapidash), along with a bunch more endgame content and a new area or two IIRC.

Additionally, the expansion version is usually about a different legendary Pokemon. For example, Diamond and Pearl were about Dialga and Palkia respectively, and eventually you got a chance to catch them. In Platinum you got a chance to catch Giratina instead, in some new area called the Distortion World.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 19:47:12
March 13 2011 19:46 GMT
#912
On March 14 2011 04:39 Magashi wrote:
Great, Thanks for the excellent and quick replies. I understand it all now
I did not know about Platinum, is that an upgraded version of D/P?


yes, it's the third game of gen IV, each gen has three games.

Damn, too slow
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 19:50:57
March 13 2011 19:48 GMT
#913
I hope that the Gray version will be about Genosect. That thing is fucking badass.

My guess is Meloetta though, since the last Pokemon in the list is usually event only, like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, and Arceus.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
March 13 2011 19:51 GMT
#914
anyone that can explain what dream world will be when it comes out?
Brees on in
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
March 13 2011 20:04 GMT
#915
On March 14 2011 04:39 Magashi wrote:
Great, Thanks for the excellent and quick replies. I understand it all now
I did not know about Platinum, is that an upgraded version of D/P?


you can walk upside down
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
March 13 2011 20:14 GMT
#916
On March 14 2011 04:48 Ferrose wrote:
I hope that the Gray version will be about Genosect. That thing is fucking badass.

My guess is Meloetta though, since the last Pokemon in the list is usually event only, like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, and Arceus.

It'll prolly be about Kyurem, or whatever it's called (sorry, just woke up and I'm lazy...). If there're two main pokemon, and a mutual one in between (Groudon/Kyogre/Raquaza, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina), the third will prolly be about the neutral one.
I hope it isn't though, cause I like Meloetta. Switching between a special wall and a physical sweeper? Psychic and Fighting (my two favorite types)? An overall cool looking pokemon? Pure Awesometacity in my book.

But cyber-scizor (Genosect) is pretty cool too.
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 13 2011 20:16 GMT
#917
I can't get a Sawk to appear outside of Pinwheel Forest in Black
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 13 2011 20:21 GMT
#918
On March 14 2011 05:16 Ferrose wrote:
I can't get a Sawk to appear outside of Pinwheel Forest in Black

The patches to the west of Black City seem to give me Sawk ~15-20% of the time, have you tried there? (at the very bottom, theres a small staircase that leads up the the TM for venoshock, that's where i was training before)
:)
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 20:37:37
March 13 2011 20:22 GMT
#919
On March 14 2011 05:21 synapse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2011 05:16 Ferrose wrote:
I can't get a Sawk to appear outside of Pinwheel Forest in Black

The patches to the west of Black City seem to give me Sawk ~15-20% of the time, have you tried there? (at the very bottom, theres a small staircase that leads up the the TM for venoshock, that's where i was training before)


Well, I'm still at the beginning. I'm trying to find one for the second gym lol.

Edit: Finally got one to appear. Took like eighty encounters -_-
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
March 13 2011 21:23 GMT
#920
I'm playing on my computer and streaming pokemon white if anyone is bored and interested:

justin.tv/tl_phrost
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1468
WardiTV983
OGKoka 269
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 299
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7766
Bisu 1890
Shuttle 978
Horang2 784
Larva 515
Stork 483
EffOrt 397
BeSt 373
actioN 268
Mini 246
[ Show more ]
Light 150
Mind 124
hero 118
Rush 105
910 96
Zeus 89
Snow 77
Mong 70
Barracks 68
Sea.KH 60
Shinee 59
Yoon 46
sorry 42
JYJ 41
ToSsGirL 37
Killer 29
Bale 26
Sexy 24
Shine 19
HiyA 19
soO 19
Aegong 18
zelot 17
Sacsri 14
scan(afreeca) 13
Free 10
Terrorterran 10
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5199
qojqva2522
Dendi1047
febbydoto34
Counter-Strike
fl0m3294
Fnx 510
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko457
Other Games
singsing2878
hiko1012
B2W.Neo870
TKL 489
Livibee409
XBOCT270
Hui .219
Liquid`VortiX201
XaKoH 156
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 21
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3110
• Jankos2221
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 18m
Replay Cast
8h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 18m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 18m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.