• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:26
CEST 04:26
KST 11:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9694 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 31

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 96 Next
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 09 2011 17:39 GMT
#601
Man catching dittos in this game makes me sad... Such a high level makes them much more difficult to mass catch
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 09 2011 17:49 GMT
#602
Just tried my first online battle. My Pokemon are only level 38. And I had to fight a guy with level 50 Pokemon. Not fair
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
March 09 2011 18:17 GMT
#603
I used to do competitive pokemon battling but its so hard to learn all of these new pokes when everyone else has been playing with them for 5 months >.<
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-09 18:33:34
March 09 2011 18:31 GMT
#604




I included the subtitle things since my camera sucks at recording my DS screen >.>
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
March 09 2011 18:34 GMT
#605
Depressing set of posts....if you are going to be underleveled go with FEAR!

T________T
Jaedong :3
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 09 2011 18:37 GMT
#606
I don't have any Pokemon that can do FEAR
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 09 2011 18:52 GMT
#607
I thought they evened the levels online.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 09 2011 19:14 GMT
#608
I they bring you down to 50 if you're above 50. But otherwise your level stays the same.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 09 2011 19:24 GMT
#609
I don't think I'll play this game seriously or with breeding and shit. Once is enough for me ):
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 09 2011 19:26 GMT
#610
On March 10 2011 04:24 Torte de Lini wrote:
I don't think I'll play this game seriously or with breeding and shit. Once is enough for me ):


WEAK

I finally got my grass monkey to lvl 43 (crunch) and evolved it! Was a pain but definitely worth it
:)
SaetZero
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States855 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-09 19:52:44
March 09 2011 19:37 GMT
#611
On March 09 2011 22:40 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 22:09 Ferrose wrote:
On March 09 2011 18:33 Jayme wrote:
On March 09 2011 18:31 Torte de Lini wrote:
On March 09 2011 18:28 Jayme wrote:
On March 09 2011 18:25 Torte de Lini wrote:
I have a fully trained EV trained and near perfect shiny IV caught Ditto.
Guess how many hours on my Pearl that took.

It's ungodly how strong it is.

On March 09 2011 18:24 ReketSomething wrote:
On March 09 2011 18:20 Torte de Lini wrote:
I oblige all my pokemon to mate with Shamu for good luck.

[image loading]


Shamu, also known as: "He's coming", "I Get the Top Bunk" and "The Blue Massive Wanker"


what if the pokemon doesn't like each other?


They will learn to love.
They must, for the sake of us all.
LEARN!


How many encounters did it take?

Shiny Timid Ralts - 72401 Encounters

Shiny Heatran - 26304 Encounters

Shiny Rayquaza - 12 Encounter -.-

I will never shiny hunt again. It becomes so...I can't even describe it.


No idea. I stopped counting. My high-school was one hell of a hole with all the time I spent playing Pokemon. Like I said before: 999:59 and about 550 hours in total on Pearl/Plat.


Fair enough. I only counted for the sake of it because you know...I like to know how far I've fallen

NU/UU is where it's at. Tired of seeing the same old Tyranitar? Go to UU where your favorite Pokemon (which will generally be UU/NU) actually has a chance at competiting!

Unless it's REALLY REALLY BAD. Like...Beedrill. Then I have no help for you.

Even Pidgeot can shine there though. I play UU/NU far more than I play OU.


UU/NU is fun, but I always have a hard time finding games. I'm gonna try to EV train and stuff a team for the first time, but leveling is gonna be a bitch in this game after you outlevel the zones due to scaled experience >.>


Well you always have the elite four for leveling purposes. You can reset the game right after it saves, rinse and repeat. Elite Four second round are all in the middle 70's.

Of course the last 10 levels are going to suck a lot of dick. I'll probably buy a bunch of Rare Candies through the battle frontier, make a ton of shitty pidgey hold them and then pal park transfer them. I'm going to have to transfer over my EV training hold items and a few of my Pokerus infected pokemon as well. Ugh so much to do.

As much of a pain in the ass as that is it's probably better than grinding. I have over 1k BP anyway so it's probably the best way to go about it.



you say your gonna pal park transfer rare candies on pidgeys, so i assume from a HGSS/DPPT era game?

better double check, i thought i read you can transfer pokemons, but they couldnt hold items

i would make sure before you do, pretty sure i saw that in the manual, but i was just skimming
Never Forget. #TheRevolutionist
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 09 2011 19:39 GMT
#612
On March 10 2011 04:26 synapse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 04:24 Torte de Lini wrote:
I don't think I'll play this game seriously or with breeding and shit. Once is enough for me ):


WEAK

I finally got my grass monkey to lvl 43 (crunch) and evolved it! Was a pain but definitely worth it


When you see my Pearl/Platinum Pokemon, you'd understand.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Leyra
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1222 Posts
March 09 2011 19:46 GMT
#613
I need someone to trade my geodude/graveler wannabe rock guy to evolve. :x I would be super grateful if someone would help me out, and would be glad to return the favor in any way :D
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
March 09 2011 19:49 GMT
#614
On March 10 2011 04:46 Leyra wrote:
I need someone to trade my geodude/graveler wannabe rock guy to evolve. :x I would be super grateful if someone would help me out, and would be glad to return the favor in any way :D

If you don't find someone before around 7pm EST, I can help you out.
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
March 09 2011 20:33 GMT
#615
On March 10 2011 02:39 Insanious wrote:
Man catching dittos in this game makes me sad... Such a high level makes them much more difficult to mass catch


Why would you MASS catch them? Aren't they only good for breeding, and don't you only need one? :S
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
March 09 2011 20:49 GMT
#616
On March 10 2011 05:33 teh_longinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 02:39 Insanious wrote:
Man catching dittos in this game makes me sad... Such a high level makes them much more difficult to mass catch


Why would you MASS catch them? Aren't they only good for breeding, and don't you only need one? :S


an army of dittos is fun to use though
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
March 09 2011 21:27 GMT
#617
I found a Darumaka with +speed - special attack with amazing IVs, all in the upper 20s. Sometimes things just work out lol, hes gonna be an amazing sweeper and sweepers is all you need to own.

Now I need a good counter to water pokemon... lol
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 09 2011 21:43 GMT
#618
So um...I have seventy-five Litwicks sitting in my PC box. Anyone want a free Litwick? I have them in twenty different natures. :x
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
March 09 2011 21:51 GMT
#619
On March 10 2011 05:49 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 05:33 teh_longinator wrote:
On March 10 2011 02:39 Insanious wrote:
Man catching dittos in this game makes me sad... Such a high level makes them much more difficult to mass catch


Why would you MASS catch them? Aren't they only good for breeding, and don't you only need one? :S


an army of dittos is fun to use though


When you catch dittos, it's usually not enough for you to have just one ditto. You need one with the appropriate natures, so you can transfer its nature to the egg pokemon. Not sure if it applies in BW though. Oh hey, ironic initials for new generation...
There is no one like you in the universe.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-09 22:11:39
March 09 2011 21:57 GMT
#620
On March 10 2011 04:37 SaetZero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 22:40 Jayme wrote:
On March 09 2011 22:09 Ferrose wrote:
On March 09 2011 18:33 Jayme wrote:
On March 09 2011 18:31 Torte de Lini wrote:
On March 09 2011 18:28 Jayme wrote:
On March 09 2011 18:25 Torte de Lini wrote:
I have a fully trained EV trained and near perfect shiny IV caught Ditto.
Guess how many hours on my Pearl that took.

It's ungodly how strong it is.

On March 09 2011 18:24 ReketSomething wrote:
On March 09 2011 18:20 Torte de Lini wrote:
I oblige all my pokemon to mate with Shamu for good luck.

[image loading]


Shamu, also known as: "He's coming", "I Get the Top Bunk" and "The Blue Massive Wanker"


what if the pokemon doesn't like each other?


They will learn to love.
They must, for the sake of us all.
LEARN!


How many encounters did it take?

Shiny Timid Ralts - 72401 Encounters

Shiny Heatran - 26304 Encounters

Shiny Rayquaza - 12 Encounter -.-

I will never shiny hunt again. It becomes so...I can't even describe it.


No idea. I stopped counting. My high-school was one hell of a hole with all the time I spent playing Pokemon. Like I said before: 999:59 and about 550 hours in total on Pearl/Plat.


Fair enough. I only counted for the sake of it because you know...I like to know how far I've fallen

NU/UU is where it's at. Tired of seeing the same old Tyranitar? Go to UU where your favorite Pokemon (which will generally be UU/NU) actually has a chance at competiting!

Unless it's REALLY REALLY BAD. Like...Beedrill. Then I have no help for you.

Even Pidgeot can shine there though. I play UU/NU far more than I play OU.


UU/NU is fun, but I always have a hard time finding games. I'm gonna try to EV train and stuff a team for the first time, but leveling is gonna be a bitch in this game after you outlevel the zones due to scaled experience >.>


Well you always have the elite four for leveling purposes. You can reset the game right after it saves, rinse and repeat. Elite Four second round are all in the middle 70's.

Of course the last 10 levels are going to suck a lot of dick. I'll probably buy a bunch of Rare Candies through the battle frontier, make a ton of shitty pidgey hold them and then pal park transfer them. I'm going to have to transfer over my EV training hold items and a few of my Pokerus infected pokemon as well. Ugh so much to do.

As much of a pain in the ass as that is it's probably better than grinding. I have over 1k BP anyway so it's probably the best way to go about it.



you say your gonna pal park transfer rare candies on pidgeys, so i assume from a HGSS/DPPT era game?

better double check, i thought i read you can transfer pokemons, but they couldnt hold items

i would make sure before you do, pretty sure i saw that in the manual, but i was just skimming


That would be..odd.

Gen 3->Gen 4 definitely retained held items.

I assumed this would be the same in Gen 5. If not, well damn.

Low and behold I check my manual and find you are correct. That is SLIGHTLY irritating -.-

Edit: I REALLY miss L=A function, why the fuck was this removed?
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft520
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft520
WinterStarcraft360
RuFF_SC2 148
PiLiPiLi 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1103
White-Ra 199
Noble 56
Hyuk 54
Bale 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm154
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4407
Counter-Strike
taco 662
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox678
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor673
Other Games
summit1g8921
Coldzera 873
C9.Mang0333
ViBE69
ArmadaUGS36
Liquid`Ken5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick752
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21561
League of Legends
• Lourlo205
• Stunt74
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h 34m
Online Event
8h 34m
FEL
13h 34m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 34m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.