• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:39
CEST 12:39
KST 19:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8748 users

Torchlight II - Page 92

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
December 02 2012 18:31 GMT
#1821
On December 01 2012 14:19 chaos021 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 11:44 Sufficiency wrote:
All I want is a good 2H melee weapon, but I keep finding these garbage Outlander/Berserker items. QQ.


I know what you mean. I'm looking for any decent wands or armor for an Embermage and I keep getting more equipment for the same.


[image loading]

Finally found a good one!!!
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
chaos021
Profile Joined March 2012
United States258 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-03 07:52:00
December 03 2012 07:51 GMT
#1822
On December 03 2012 03:31 Sufficiency wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Finally found a good one!!!


Grats yo
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-05 00:34:23
December 05 2012 00:28 GMT
#1823
nevermind.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12011 Posts
December 05 2012 00:34 GMT
#1824
My Documents/My Games/Runic Games/Torchlight 2/save
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-12 01:19:29
December 12 2012 00:46 GMT
#1825
Found Notch's mine =D

God it took me so long. I suspect it might have to do with how many NGs I rolled.

And this sword is so OP.

[image loading]
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
xAdra
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore1858 Posts
December 12 2012 09:57 GMT
#1826
Damn this game is good. Level 40 Outlander at the moment, 10 hours clocked in. I only played on Normal mode, willing to play again after I beat it at on a higher difficulty with a different class though.

My outlander is currently playing debuff dualies, however with all this talk of Poison Glaive Outlanders being the much stronger version, I'm feeling a little discouraged from continuing. If someone could tell me about the pros and cons of each, that'd be real sweet
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
December 12 2012 17:32 GMT
#1827
what is "debuff dualies"?
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
xAdra
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore1858 Posts
December 13 2012 04:44 GMT
#1828
On December 13 2012 02:32 Sufficiency wrote:
what is "debuff dualies"?

Sorry for using the term, I read a few people using it some pages back so I thought it was standard.

Something like getting all the debuff/buff skills such as Blade pact, Stone pact and cursed daggers, while going dual-pistols, maxing akimbo, long range mastery and share the wealth. 10 points each into Chaos and Shadow shots. The idea is to buff yourself and debuff mobs and then clean up with chaos shot (for enclosed areas with lots of walls) or shadow shot (for wide-open spaces).

Just got my first point of venomous hail today, and I find it monstrously OP. Completely changing the way I play the game since I have practically no need to debuff anymore, just make them eat Venom Hails and they get completely obliterated within seconds.
XaI)CyRiC
Profile Joined October 2002
United States4471 Posts
December 14 2012 22:48 GMT
#1829
Recently purchased the game and it's been really fun so far. I really like the build diversity that is available, and the character, enemy, and map designs. I feel like I may be overthinking it a bit though because the build guides I've read all appear to be focused on the highest difficulty levels.
Moderator
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
December 14 2012 23:02 GMT
#1830
On December 13 2012 13:44 xAdra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 02:32 Sufficiency wrote:
what is "debuff dualies"?

Sorry for using the term, I read a few people using it some pages back so I thought it was standard.

Something like getting all the debuff/buff skills such as Blade pact, Stone pact and cursed daggers, while going dual-pistols, maxing akimbo, long range mastery and share the wealth. 10 points each into Chaos and Shadow shots. The idea is to buff yourself and debuff mobs and then clean up with chaos shot (for enclosed areas with lots of walls) or shadow shot (for wide-open spaces).

Just got my first point of venomous hail today, and I find it monstrously OP. Completely changing the way I play the game since I have practically no need to debuff anymore, just make them eat Venom Hails and they get completely obliterated within seconds.


I have never tried it, but my understanding is that shooty Outlanders are arguably the most UP class in this game.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
chaos021
Profile Joined March 2012
United States258 Posts
December 15 2012 05:35 GMT
#1831
As in underpowered???
happyft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States470 Posts
December 15 2012 06:18 GMT
#1832
Outlanders may be the most fragile, but venomous hail is insane. By the end of NG++ I killed the end boss in mere seconds. Yeah I'd also get one shot, but I stacked lots of mvmt speed buff spells and items so dodging everything was a cinch. Yeah outlanders are kind of underpowered up until venemous hail, but once you get it, it's game over.
BliptiX
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada324 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-18 08:02:24
December 18 2012 07:57 GMT
#1833
I bought this game back at release and clocked about 30 minutes of it due to just being unable to play on lan or internet with friends. Just recently I figured I'd at least try to get my money worth and was not disappointed. I rolled all the classes to about level 20 but stuck with the Outlander on elite and I'm currently level 40, 2 levels below venomous hail.

I found it to be incredibly similar to the Demon Hunter of Diablo 3 in Inferno difficulty where if you get hit by anything you die. I've been using bows/crossbows, primarily putting my points into Shadowshot, Poison Burst, Long Range Mastery and Blade Pact. With mana on hit, some sort of ice damage for the slow and Blade Pact (the slows stack), I'm finding nearly everything incredibly easy to kite and burst down. 10 mana on hit is enough to keep the Shadowshots flowing and with 50% crit mobs don't last long. Poison Burst seems like a must have as you just chain multikills upon explosion.

The biggest hurdle for me was playing prior to getting mana on hit and running into summoner mobs. It was a headache trying to run around in circles trying to pick off the one mob between its minions.
eluv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 18 2012 13:23 GMT
#1834
On December 18 2012 16:57 BliptiX wrote:

The biggest hurdle for me was playing prior to getting mana on hit and running into summoner mobs. It was a headache trying to run around in circles trying to pick off the one mob between its minions.


I feel like that might even be a bit of an understatement. Playing as an Outlander with a tanky Engi, we just about ragequit when we got to the room in A2 in the sewers, with the bug spawns. When you don't have any "real" aoe, that stuff is just an absolute nightmare.
"Yes I fucked my way to the GSL partnership" - Sundance
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
December 21 2012 22:42 GMT
#1835
torchlight 2 is half price at £7.50 on steam right now for another 9 ish hours
just got my u2412m (epic) and booted my pc for the first time in months siiiick
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
vvSiegvv
Profile Joined March 2010
United States364 Posts
December 23 2012 05:55 GMT
#1836
Hey guys! So I just got Torchlight II and have never played before. Any recommendations for where to look for a solid engineer guide or build? I'm just trying to learn the basics since I know there isn't any respecs. I'm playing on Elite with 2 friends, an embermage and a beserker. Thanks!
Beamer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States242 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 08:50:33
December 23 2012 08:40 GMT
#1837
On December 23 2012 14:55 Xplicit wrote:
Hey guys! So I just got Torchlight II and have never played before. Any recommendations for where to look for a solid engineer guide or build? I'm just trying to learn the basics since I know there isn't any respecs. I'm playing on Elite with 2 friends, an embermage and a beserker. Thanks!

If you want to follow an established build, I would suggest looking at the Torchlight 2 forums. There's a forum specifically for engineers, I would start there. Here's one build to get you started.

EDIT: I should also mention that it is actually pretty easy to mod a respec potion into your game if the notion of no respecs worries you. Here's one mod that does just that.
vvSiegvv
Profile Joined March 2010
United States364 Posts
December 23 2012 09:40 GMT
#1838
On December 23 2012 17:40 beamer159 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 14:55 Xplicit wrote:
Hey guys! So I just got Torchlight II and have never played before. Any recommendations for where to look for a solid engineer guide or build? I'm just trying to learn the basics since I know there isn't any respecs. I'm playing on Elite with 2 friends, an embermage and a beserker. Thanks!

If you want to follow an established build, I would suggest looking at the Torchlight 2 forums. There's a forum specifically for engineers, I would start there. Here's one build to get you started.

EDIT: I should also mention that it is actually pretty easy to mod a respec potion into your game if the notion of no respecs worries you. Here's one mod that does just that.


Thanks! I wasn't sure if the official forums for the game were worth anything, too used to Blizzard forums lol. This build seems like a solid start, enough information in it to get me going and see how all the stats are working. Thanks again!
Vernom
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Spain374 Posts
December 29 2012 16:36 GMT
#1839
Do heroes get saved on the cloud? I formatted my pc and I don't have the heroes anymore...
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
December 31 2012 00:28 GMT
#1840
I'm about to rip my fking hair out in frustration.... Trying to connect to games online, get firewall problems detected. Followed all the steps from runic games website to fix it, opening ports, turning off firewalls... Nothing works.... Hopefully this fixes itself soon. Worked fine a few days ago.
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko107
SpeCial 45
ProTech8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19011
firebathero 2299
Bisu 828
Hyuk 611
Horang2 434
Larva 229
BeSt 218
Light 137
EffOrt 132
Mini 126
[ Show more ]
Soma 111
Leta 99
Rush 84
Barracks 72
ZerO 63
Yoon 62
Pusan 55
Killer 54
ToSsGirL 54
soO 46
Sharp 41
Sexy 33
Aegong 31
Mong 30
NaDa 26
Shinee 26
Mind 22
Bale 21
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 18
JulyZerg 16
sorry 14
Noble 12
zelot 10
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
XaKoH 204
Fuzer 178
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1104
byalli971
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor984
crisheroes890
Other Games
gofns43936
singsing1810
olofmeister1088
B2W.Neo154
Mew2King87
ArmadaUGS51
ZerO(Twitch)14
Livibee5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH73
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 21m
OSC
11h 21m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 21m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.