• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:20
CEST 09:20
KST 16:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7704 users

Torchlight II - Page 93

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 91 92 93 94 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
chaos021
Profile Joined March 2012
United States258 Posts
December 31 2012 01:00 GMT
#1841
On December 30 2012 01:36 Vernom wrote:
Do heroes get saved on the cloud? I formatted my pc and I don't have the heroes anymore...


If you have the Steam version with steam cloud sync on, I think it does. Otherwise, no.
fzeroonline
Profile Joined December 2012
89 Posts
January 01 2013 23:15 GMT
#1842
Can anyone tell me why this game is supposedly better than D3? I liked D3, especially the skill and combat system and how fluid everything feels in that game.
TimENT
Profile Joined November 2012
United States1425 Posts
January 02 2013 02:58 GMT
#1843
Is this single player?
Barcelona / Arsenal Fan!
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
January 02 2013 03:18 GMT
#1844
On January 02 2013 11:58 TimENT wrote:
Is this single player?


Yes.

It also has multiplayer with single player characters.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Unattended Cake
Profile Joined December 2012
United States877 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-02 03:46:31
January 02 2013 03:42 GMT
#1845
On January 02 2013 08:15 fzeroonline wrote:
Can anyone tell me why this game is supposedly better than D3? I liked D3, especially the skill and combat system and how fluid everything feels in that game.


While I agree that D3 is smoother in graphics and mechanics of gameplay, I don't like how much emphasis is placed on magic find and the rarity/quality of equipment even in a casual playthrough. I mean, it had to be that way since they were going to make the most out of implementing something like RMAH. By doing this, it never really felt like a character was progressing in D3 without also acquiring better equips (aside from very specific levels with certain runes). In TL2, it feels a lot more clear how much a level of ability and skill points affects your character, plus there are more paths to go down with having ability points at all and the extra accumulation of skill points through the fame system (I actually don't remember if there was fame in D3, it's been a while, sorry if there is).

Overall, I'd say D3 plays better (without a doubt), but TL2 feels better as an experience. TL2 doesn't feel like much of a grind in a dark area until the last act, the drops are manageable without depending on magic find (up to a point), and there is enough variance in classes and class builds that replayability isn't leaning on unlocking higher difficulties.

Of course this is just my opinion. =)

EDIT: I have to say, in order to establish my perspective, I have actually quit Torchlight 2 a bit ago because of my horrendous experiences with trying to play online with my friend. All of the bugs and glitches that I experienced online before still exist so it leaves a bitter taste whenever I look at the title in my Steam library, almost to the point where I can say I dislike the game now. Still, I had a lot more fun in the 50+ hours I spent on TL2 than the 50+ hours I spent on D3.
"It's Santa! Get him, Jesus!"
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 21:43:12
January 14 2013 21:42 GMT
#1846
just found out about this mod

http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=38.0

its really awesome and changes alot of things and add new things in TL2

also there is a pvp arena since the latest patch
yo
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
January 14 2013 21:55 GMT
#1847
i find this game better than D3 because it has the better enemy design.

The game has a lot of enemies on the screen at once and a lot of dodgeable projectiles. You lose quite some life when you mess up, but you arent getting 1 shot most of the time.
To me that is more fun than the system in diablo 3 where basically you get 1 shot by invisible and invulnerable snakes charging at you or similar stuff.



i dont really like the peer to peer multiplayer, though. D3 is much better for multiplayer just because of dedicated servers that dont lag.
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
January 14 2013 22:02 GMT
#1848
i would have played this game much more if i could get multiplayer to work
musai
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada552 Posts
January 14 2013 22:08 GMT
#1849
eh, multiplayer was pretty simple, I first pirated it to test it out, and got that saved file to work with multiplayer after I purchased the game o_O
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
January 14 2013 22:16 GMT
#1850
depends on how your internet is set up
mine's shared between all the nearby apartments and all the ports are blocked
i even talked to the tech guy and he was like "can't do anything company policy" or something dumb
i can't play bw with more than 2 people either it sucks
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
January 14 2013 22:29 GMT
#1851
On January 15 2013 06:55 LaNague wrote:
i find this game better than D3 because it has the better enemy design.

The game has a lot of enemies on the screen at once and a lot of dodgeable projectiles. You lose quite some life when you mess up, but you arent getting 1 shot most of the time.
To me that is more fun than the system in diablo 3 where basically you get 1 shot by invisible and invulnerable snakes charging at you or similar stuff.



i dont really like the peer to peer multiplayer, though. D3 is much better for multiplayer just because of dedicated servers that dont lag.


Uh. You clearly haven't played d3 in ages. They fixed that getting one shot shit a long time ago.
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
January 15 2013 02:00 GMT
#1852
On January 15 2013 07:29 Infernal_dream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 06:55 LaNague wrote:
i find this game better than D3 because it has the better enemy design.

The game has a lot of enemies on the screen at once and a lot of dodgeable projectiles. You lose quite some life when you mess up, but you arent getting 1 shot most of the time.
To me that is more fun than the system in diablo 3 where basically you get 1 shot by invisible and invulnerable snakes charging at you or similar stuff.



i dont really like the peer to peer multiplayer, though. D3 is much better for multiplayer just because of dedicated servers that dont lag.


Uh. You clearly haven't played d3 in ages. They fixed that getting one shot shit a long time ago.


Can you give a little review of how d3 is now vs before these whatever levels and stuff, basicly back when inferno was shit hard. I quit it coz it became boring to get 1 hit and everything worth anything cost 3847387489374387
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 15 2013 02:21 GMT
#1853
The main argument for Torchlight II against Diablo3 would be that Torchlight 2 feel more like Diablo2 than Diablo 3 does.
And I know it's normal since it's the same guys behind it, but for an hack & slash player that's basicly all the arguments you'll ever need
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
crbox
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1181 Posts
January 15 2013 22:31 GMT
#1854
I dunno if anyone on TL still plays this but I've been playing like crazy recently, just bought the game and it's awesome.
I'm crbox online (TL2) if anyone wanna do some runs. I'm only lvl 73 at NG++ ~
I have items to trade too
chaos021
Profile Joined March 2012
United States258 Posts
January 17 2013 05:36 GMT
#1855
On January 16 2013 07:31 crbox wrote:
I dunno if anyone on TL still plays this but I've been playing like crazy recently, just bought the game and it's awesome.
I'm crbox online (TL2) if anyone wanna do some runs. I'm only lvl 73 at NG++ ~
I have items to trade too


Wtf am I doing wrong? I have a level 72 Embermage, and I'm only on NG+
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
January 17 2013 10:15 GMT
#1856
On January 17 2013 14:36 chaos021 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2013 07:31 crbox wrote:
I dunno if anyone on TL still plays this but I've been playing like crazy recently, just bought the game and it's awesome.
I'm crbox online (TL2) if anyone wanna do some runs. I'm only lvl 73 at NG++ ~
I have items to trade too


Wtf am I doing wrong? I have a level 72 Embermage, and I'm only on NG+


Ugh I made the mistake of going beyong NG+. It's so dead that there are no games at all. The game itself is dead - although it's not surprising because it has no end-game contents at all.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 10:32:48
January 17 2013 10:30 GMT
#1857
It's certainly not dead constantly being in the top 20 most played games on steam. But you might be right that most people don't spend it at the very end game rather than re-rolling or whatnot.

It might get a boost once they implement all the mod tools they've promised.
recklessfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States373 Posts
January 20 2013 22:29 GMT
#1858
On January 15 2013 06:42 Killmouse wrote:
just found out about this mod

http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=38.0

its really awesome and changes alot of things and add new things in TL2

also there is a pvp arena since the latest patch


i want to requote this mod, since i just recently discovered it as well. It adds end game content to the game, its enough content that its essentially an expansion to the game.

Adds a new class, new legendary sets and new legendary weapons and the new dungeons( mobs go up to lvl 200 yikes) really ups the difficulty to the game. The mod allows you to buy the final vanilla armor sets and those rare skull gems because you need those to be able to survive in the dungeons until you have enough crafting material to craft the new legendary sets. The mod was balanced around veteran/elite diffculty.
Assuton
Profile Joined November 2010
United States28 Posts
January 21 2013 18:00 GMT
#1859
I have been very frustrated trying to play this game lately. Constant crashes while playing Co-Op over Lan. Anyone else having trouble?
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 24 2013 00:02 GMT
#1860
Doesn't the fact that you can play single player / use single player characters in multiplayer make it super-exposed to hacking? I have no interest in playing a game where it is super easy to hack and everyone can do it easily with no consequences.

At least in a game like D3 or SC2 there is a risk of getting caught and your account getting banned etc
Prev 1 91 92 93 94 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1283
910 822
ggaemo 708
actioN 504
Mong 228
Shuttle 108
Dewaltoss 95
Leta 34
soO 33
yabsab 32
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 28
ZergMaN 24
Bale 23
Noble 19
Dota 2
Fuzer 57
League of Legends
JimRising 555
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor826
Other Games
summit1g9437
ceh9449
olofmeister322
Happy265
PiGStarcraft234
Mew2King120
ArmadaUGS52
trigger7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2360
League of Legends
• Rush1400
• Stunt437
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 40m
OSC
14h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.