• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8816 users

Torchlight II - Page 39

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
Trotim
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany95 Posts
September 22 2012 01:06 GMT
#761
The really nice itemization in action: http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-7513903984156551192
"+1 Mana/sec for every monster within x meters", neat (I think it scales hence the weird number)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 22 2012 01:36 GMT
#762
On September 22 2012 08:35 DaCruise wrote:
I am really starting to struggle with my lvl 40 embermage. Died plenty in late act 2 and act 3 is not any easier.

Btw I wonder how many HC chars will make it through the luminous arena, rofl!

Out of curiosity, how are you building your Embermage?
Moderator
screamingpalm
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1527 Posts
September 22 2012 01:40 GMT
#763
This game is great! Had some slight performance issues last night, but overall really enjoying it so far. Playing on elite, feels challenging without being cheap.
MMT University is coming! http://www.mmtuniversity.org/
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
September 22 2012 01:45 GMT
#764
It's friday night! You know what that means, it's time to sip on a couple brews and play torchlight for 4 hours
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
screamingpalm
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1527 Posts
September 22 2012 01:49 GMT
#765
On September 21 2012 16:51 Seiniyta wrote:
One thing I'm a bit annoyed at is that I don't seem to have the same amount of control over my character as I have in Diablo 3. Perhaps it's a bug but sometimes when I press shift to stand still I still end up walking toward the monster to use the spell. Really annoying.


I actually noticed this as well... it seems like the hitboxes are extremely too large and leaves no room to run around sometimes. Makes it hard to control and have precision.
MMT University is coming! http://www.mmtuniversity.org/
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
September 22 2012 01:55 GMT
#766
On September 22 2012 10:45 Rotodyne wrote:
It's friday night! You know what that means, it's time to sip on a couple brews and play torchlight for 4 hours


Haha hell ya my man have a good one.

It's Friday.... Get down get down! Get down Get down
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Trevoc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States145 Posts
September 22 2012 01:59 GMT
#767
soundtrack amazing
There is no limit.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9829 Posts
September 22 2012 02:07 GMT
#768
I love the phase portals. They're a crapton harder than TL1's.
boomer hands
Artok
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands2219 Posts
September 22 2012 02:38 GMT
#769
Anyone found any legendaries yet? lvl 72 and nothing so far <.<
Chun-li since ST
carpola
Profile Joined August 2010
United States168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 02:42:59
September 22 2012 02:42 GMT
#770
Deleted.
GreyMasta
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada197 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 03:02:47
September 22 2012 03:02 GMT
#771
On September 22 2012 09:26 eluv wrote:
Couple of observations. First, engineers seem wildly overpowered for Elite difficulty. My friend wanted to roll tank, and assumed that Berserker would have something to support that without really looking at the abilities of the class. Went back and checked today and holy $#!+ the engineer has amazing skills to support tanking - to the point where rather than trying to work out which sub-optimal skill is the best of a bad lot, you're starved for points for all the absurdly good things you can get.

Obs 2 is that fast weapons like claws/pistols/bows are essentially useless without a -All armor on hit mod. The TC behind this is that armor in this game is flat reduction, so that at a given DPS, a slow weapon will do more damage than a fast weapon. As a quick example, assume a mob has 50 phys armor, and you have 2, 200 dps weapons. One hits twice per second for 100 damage, and the other hits once per second for 200 damage. In one second, weapon 1 does (100-50)+(100-50)=100 damage, while weapon 2 does (200-50)=150 damage.

For the fastest weapons, this means that without -armor, you may end up hitting for very, very small amounts. This is backed up by a dummy test I just did, where I went from using a 163 (.72 a/s) bow to using a 227 DPS (.56s/a) and the initial dummy hits were much, much lower (170 -> ~10). However, (thank god!) the enchanter saw fit to give me a -14 armor/hit mod, and over time the 227 gets up to the same end damage as the 163, both topping out at about 200, but of course the 227 is hitting a lot faster at this point. I assume the topping off means I have the dummy at 0 armor, but I haven't worked the numbers to see if this is the case, or if it bottoms out somewhere above 0.

Edit: As a followup, stacks of the -armor seem to fall of independently, so that if you stop shooting something, it will slowly regain its armor, until the most recent application falls off and it is back at full armor. This is very, very good, because it means that losing DPS time on a target won't mean losing your entire stack of -Armor. In addition, I didn't have to do any math at all! Character sheet tells me my top-end is 239, and at full stacks, I hit a 235, so I assume that the -armor takes it all the way down to 0!

Followup #2! -%Armor *does not* let you take a target below 0 armor, at least in the 1 data point case of Blade Pact.


With a Berserker Hunter, Attack Speed is way more critical than big slow DPS:
You NEED to proc those Criticals attacks a lot to trigger your passives. More attacks means more procs.

Also, a lot of weapons award you flat amounts of Health/ Mana or Charge for EVERY attack you do whatever the armor of the enemy is.
I have that bow that does pretty crappy DPS indeed but I mostly use it as a mana/ charge regen tool: In a matter of 3-4 seconds of kiting with it my mana pool is already full and my charge bar at +30-40%

Game is good.
recklessfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States373 Posts
September 22 2012 03:06 GMT
#772
I was trying to roll a sort of two handed tank engineer with a few group utility skills in elite.......not so good. My points were spread around too much not really focusing on one thing and its pretty damn tough to tank with two handers in elite mode. Im rerolling and dedicating myself to sword and board style, with defensive moves. So far my only criticism, let us join games through steam. and the friends list doesnt show what games my friends are in the current moment.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
September 22 2012 03:54 GMT
#773
Second phase portal i've found, had 3 slimes. I was dual-pistol, and i managed to get one down, but the other two were flooding me with little slimes. I realized i couldn't continue like that, and I have no real aoe, so i had to grab a sledgehammer from my pets inventory. Managed to win by swapping sledge to clear little ones and pistols to dps the main slimes.

So satisfying when money rained down from the sky.
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
September 22 2012 04:06 GMT
#774
On September 22 2012 11:38 Artok wrote:
Anyone found any legendaries yet? lvl 72 and nothing so far <.<

sounds like another game I know
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 22 2012 04:17 GMT
#775
On September 22 2012 12:54 ThaZenith wrote:
Second phase portal i've found, had 3 slimes. I was dual-pistol, and i managed to get one down, but the other two were flooding me with little slimes. I realized i couldn't continue like that, and I have no real aoe, so i had to grab a sledgehammer from my pets inventory. Managed to win by swapping sledge to clear little ones and pistols to dps the main slimes.

So satisfying when money rained down from the sky.


All the phase portals are like that (as well as a lot of the game) so you might want to keep a shotty handy on swap until you get some sort of AoE skill.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
andynewin
Profile Joined March 2010
United States105 Posts
September 22 2012 04:35 GMT
#776
On September 22 2012 07:40 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2012 06:24 pallad wrote:
On September 22 2012 04:40 paralleluniverse wrote:
On September 22 2012 00:51 pallad wrote:
On September 22 2012 00:30 paralleluniverse wrote:
Putting every single stat point into vitality.

This game is easy.


lol , then play on elite . And if you put every point into vitality , you cant wear items . So stop trolling

You can. Items have a stat OR level requirement.


Yes i know that.. but lv requirement is always like 3-5 more ( then your lv , when you find item)
So stats are very important on elite diff this way of playing make no sense , because you need good items fast.


I'm not sure it actually matters how bad your damage is when you can tank forever. Although I wouldn't consider it an efficient way to play it seems like it would work. You can also use skills that damage based on level instead of weapon damage so that you aren't hindered by lack of good weaponry.


Cloud sync conflict...both last modified today ^_^ How can I tell which one I should do?


This game is great I stayed up all night waiting and I played till about 18 then had to sleep. The engineer is cool you get to use spider mines and they are awesome teir 1 heal bot is tight and I also dual wield. I love how you can do whatever you want in this game and every character is unique. I love how nobody has my build pet combination also the ferret model is so freaking cute. I really hope we get some awesome mods and patches and I hope runic add some cool new content I would definitely pay 10 bucks for some dlc.


I't totally gonna check out the berserker after this the class looks really interesting.
[url=http://sc2sig.com/profile/us/1731636/1/chairmallet/][img]http://sc2sig.com/s/us/1731636-1.png[/img][/url]
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 22 2012 05:40 GMT
#777
seriously this game is amazing - i've been making every class going through act 1, and literally every area - including the dungeons leading to the boss room - have been completely different every time. not just the same layout but at a different orientation, but actually different surroundings. for example this time around, the 2nd area in act 1 had waterfalls and bridges and shit.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
September 22 2012 08:11 GMT
#778
Anybody have any suggestions on what I could do to fix a problem I have?

I have 2 brothers that live together in a home, I'll call them D and B. I live with my wife whom I'll call A.

If D hosts a game. A and I can join. But B cannot. If B hosts, then D cannot. If I host then A cannot join while D and B can.

Is this an IP conflict? Anyway around it?

We tried to set up a LAN game via Hamachi but no dice.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Prime`Rib
Profile Joined September 2010
United States613 Posts
September 22 2012 08:14 GMT
#779
use Internet game?
... funerals are insane, the chicks are so horny, its not even fair, its like fishing with dynamite ...
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 22 2012 08:16 GMT
#780
On September 22 2012 17:11 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Anybody have any suggestions on what I could do to fix a problem I have?

I have 2 brothers that live together in a home, I'll call them D and B. I live with my wife whom I'll call A.

If D hosts a game. A and I can join. But B cannot. If B hosts, then D cannot. If I host then A cannot join while D and B can.

Is this an IP conflict? Anyway around it?

We tried to set up a LAN game via Hamachi but no dice.

try tunngle, hamachi wouldn't work for me but tunngle did.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 567
ProTech147
BRAT_OK 84
Railgan 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1620
Shuttle 654
Dewaltoss 118
Trap 29
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Dota 2
420jenkins473
XaKoH 433
Counter-Strike
fl0m4158
Fnx 653
kRYSTAL_16
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4101
Liquid`Hasu553
Other Games
summit1g4349
Liquid`RaSZi1914
FrodaN788
B2W.Neo424
C9.Mang0164
ToD164
TKL 98
UpATreeSC81
RotterdaM79
QueenE66
Mew2King26
PPMD18
JuggernautJason14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV227
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2530
League of Legends
• TFBlade819
Other Games
• Shiphtur1322
• imaqtpie863
• WagamamaTV324
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 6m
Patches Events
20h 6m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.