• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:26
CEST 13:26
KST 20:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8446 users

Torchlight II - Page 36

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
September 21 2012 11:49 GMT
#701
On September 21 2012 14:41 trinxified wrote:
Since I pre-ordered this a few days ago, I also got the TL1 for free... Do you guys recommend playing through that one first? Like all classes?

Just one play through any class is good enough
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
September 21 2012 12:25 GMT
#702
Is anyone having absurd framerate issues in certain areas even though you have a PC that should be more than powerful enough to run the game at 120FPS constantly?
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
September 21 2012 12:30 GMT
#703
On September 21 2012 21:25 heishe wrote:
Is anyone having absurd framerate issues in certain areas even though you have a PC that should be more than powerful enough to run the game at 120FPS constantly?

try to update your driver
yo
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 21 2012 12:32 GMT
#704
lol i swear this one lever puzzle thing is impossible to beat - i've done a few before but this one will not work after 20 minutes of me trying. i don't know if it's a bug or me being really bad, but all it is is process of elimination.....
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
peeeky
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada631 Posts
September 21 2012 12:48 GMT
#705
I like it so far, but I miss the shared stash that was in D3 (unless I'm doing something wrong). There just seem to be so many items I want to save for new characters but no shared stash makes it more difficult.
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
September 21 2012 12:54 GMT
#706
On September 21 2012 21:48 peeeky wrote:
I like it so far, but I miss the shared stash that was in D3 (unless I'm doing something wrong). There just seem to be so many items I want to save for new characters but no shared stash makes it more difficult.

There is a shared stash, it's the box to the left of the stash in the Estherian Enclave.
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
September 21 2012 13:03 GMT
#707
wow peeeky its really impressive you missed that completely..
peeeky
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada631 Posts
September 21 2012 13:05 GMT
#708
On September 21 2012 21:54 WArped wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 21:48 peeeky wrote:
I like it so far, but I miss the shared stash that was in D3 (unless I'm doing something wrong). There just seem to be so many items I want to save for new characters but no shared stash makes it more difficult.

There is a shared stash, it's the box to the left of the stash in the Estherian Enclave.


Ah thanks, I assumed they were the same. I didn't notice when I played.
TyrantPotato
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1541 Posts
September 21 2012 13:14 GMT
#709
guess for the min maxing guys working out which encahnters do what should help.

just found Borris the Stout in the wellspring temple lvl2.

he seems to specialise in stat bonuses. every enchant he gave was +focus/str/dex/vit. could imagine a rich person could max their equips all str :0
Forever ZeNEX.
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
September 21 2012 13:28 GMT
#710
There is a demo on Steam for anyone who wants to try before they buy: http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
September 21 2012 13:35 GMT
#711
account creation and multiplayer works fine now
savior did nothing wrong
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
September 21 2012 14:03 GMT
#712
Having a blast so far with my lvl 14 destroyer. The game is much harder than torchlight 1, I've already died half a dozen times on veteran. It's not unfair 1 shot deaths, it's avoidable with careful play, but I was watching gomtv while playing The difficulty in each zone is very tight, I found myself exploring every nook and cranny to get all quests and maximise loot/xp to deal with the next zone.

This game feels a hell of a lot more like diablo 2 then diablo 3 does, it's pretty funny in that aspect. The really cool thing that I'm liking is that the game isn't very linear, each zone opens up with tons of little sub zones you can enter whenever you want to or feel ready for with the handy level warning at each entrance. The Music is freaking awesome, diablo nostalgia overload, and the graphics and animation are very very slick, still screen shots don't do it justice.

So far loving it!
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
September 21 2012 14:19 GMT
#713
On September 21 2012 23:03 EAGER-beaver wrote:
This game feels a hell of a lot more like diablo 2 then diablo 3 does, it's pretty funny in that aspect.


So true. I loved Torchlight I and this is the same, only better. They've not ruined anything that made the last game great, but added more choices in zones, your pet can do more, stuff is randomized etc. Really enjoying it a lot, and I have to say it's hands down the best dungeon crawler out there at this moment. Diablo 3 really doesn't come close to this atmosphere, fluidity and gameplay.
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
September 21 2012 14:23 GMT
#714
Anyone want to play atm? I'm lvl 17
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
September 21 2012 14:27 GMT
#715
On September 21 2012 23:19 shabby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 23:03 EAGER-beaver wrote:
This game feels a hell of a lot more like diablo 2 then diablo 3 does, it's pretty funny in that aspect.


So true. I loved Torchlight I and this is the same, only better. They've not ruined anything that made the last game great, but added more choices in zones, your pet can do more, stuff is randomized etc. Really enjoying it a lot, and I have to say it's hands down the best dungeon crawler out there at this moment. Diablo 3 really doesn't come close to this atmosphere, fluidity and gameplay.

I almost feel like TL1 was the beta for this game. The areas and dungeons are much superior and most other things have been fine tuned from the first game + multiplayer.
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
September 21 2012 14:29 GMT
#716
Uhm... do mobs not respawn in this game? Everytime when I continue the game, they're still dead. If they don't respawn, how am I supposed to farm XP and items?
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 21 2012 14:31 GMT
#717
the only way i figured out how to respawn is to make it either LAN or on the internet, and when you hit create game make sure you check "Reroll World"

idk how to do it in single player, but it doesn't really matter since you can play the same character.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Artok
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands2219 Posts
September 21 2012 14:33 GMT
#718
On September 21 2012 23:29 heishe wrote:
Uhm... do mobs not respawn in this game? Everytime when I continue the game, they're still dead. If they don't respawn, how am I supposed to farm XP and items?

later you unlock map shop, where you can buy various mini instances with different options, like more exp, more gold, more mf, mobs do more damage, your atttack speed is up etc.
Chun-li since ST
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 14:58:52
September 21 2012 14:57 GMT
#719
Or you can go multiplayer/LAN, create game and tick the reroll map option!
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 21 2012 14:59 GMT
#720
On September 21 2012 19:27 BurningSera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 10:41 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
@BurningSera
Have you managed to clear any of the other phase portals? That one is by far the easiest one I've been into (one of two I managed to clear out of four). The reason they're so hard is that the monsters appear to be set to your level(+1?). I'm playing on elite clearing things like 5+ levels below what level I currently am so when you suddenly have crap that is super tough it becomes impossible


I have cleared two so far and i just arrived act2. How many are they in act1? The other one i did was the three totems spawning skeletons.

I also got one robot part from act1, how many are they in act1 lol

Anyone has a falcon set item apart from the gloves? I want that set bonus so badly (23% atk speed lol). I have some embermage and other nice unqiue if you wanna trade, pm me to join my game.

Btw guys i heard that hackers are out (this is no surprise at all) so remember to set password/level for your game (not sure if they can hack in with password on but thats all you can do atm i guess).

Also, DAT act1 boss LOL epic stuff.


All my problems have been solved by rerolling engineer ^_^ Outlanders are absolutely terrible (or maybe my mixture of stats was screwing me over). Regardless, I'm having a lot more fun on engineer so win win.

I think the phase portals are set instances rather than random or have like a 50/50 chance to spawn one instance or another. We were in vent chatting while playing last night and they seem to be the same for everyone. Rolled through them ezpz on my engy. Believe there are two in act 1 (one in each of the big outdoor maps).

Never heard of robot part. In one of the bandit caves I found a bottle of lotion though and I'm curious if it has any significance or if it was a joke.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 921
WardiTV349
OGKoka 90
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 12089
StarCastTV_EN333
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko332
OGKoka 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13981
Bisu 5158
FanTaSy 3897
Jaedong 1469
Shuttle 1068
BeSt 1016
actioN 702
EffOrt 597
Horang2 514
Larva 301
[ Show more ]
Leta 294
Zeus 240
Dewaltoss 121
Barracks 114
Mind 99
Sexy 86
JYJ 78
scan(afreeca) 73
Mong 72
sorry 67
ToSsGirL 57
Shinee 44
sSak 42
Killer 41
Aegong 30
Free 30
Bale 29
soO 24
HiyA 14
Sacsri 11
yabsab 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 353
Dendi283
Counter-Strike
x6flipin209
Other Games
singsing2246
olofmeister1315
B2W.Neo346
crisheroes303
Pyrionflax219
dupreeh124
Livibee112
KnowMe83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick623
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1281
Other Games
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 34m
Replay Cast
11h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.