• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:23
CEST 02:23
KST 09:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7465 users

Torchlight II - Page 35

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 04:11:51
September 21 2012 04:11 GMT
#681
On September 21 2012 12:14 epik640x wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 12:01 Infernal_dream wrote:
On September 21 2012 11:57 eluv wrote:
On September 21 2012 11:36 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Totally can't log in right now, but holy shit is the log-in music straight from Diablo 2? I'm not complaining or anything, I fucking love it.


Matt Uelman, D2 Composer, also did the TL 2 score - and what I learned is that he can write about 5 very, very good songs, but that's about it. Not complaining, those songs are awesome, but if you compare the soundtracks, they might as well have just used the same score.


I noticed the same thing. Sounded almost exactly alike with a few notes here and there changed.


An evolution rather than a revolution. I'll allow it.

Hey, anyone got an effective stat writeup for the outlander?

Realistically the best DPS stat for the Outlander is Strength until you get to relatively high amounts of Strength (even then, it's questionable whether Dex is better than just getting raw +Crit % on items). The problem is that you get to a point where using items is awkward because you need Dexterity--but Dex is actually a really shitty DPS stat.
Moderator
screamingpalm
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1527 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 04:45:54
September 21 2012 04:43 GMT
#682
Oh damn it's live? I'd seen earlier on here that it was supposed to release at 10pm pst?

lol ah well, still waiting on the update atm anyway. Sounds like everyone is enjoying it so far, can't wait! (Apparently Steam decided to pause the update at ~90% to patch my War of the Roses beta which I'm not even playing! Guess what got promptly uninstalled. :D)
MMT University is coming! http://www.mmtuniversity.org/
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 21 2012 04:44 GMT
#683
i wish i could play online this is ridiculous that the website has been down for 12 hours lol
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
epik640x
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1134 Posts
September 21 2012 04:45 GMT
#684
On September 21 2012 13:43 screamingpalm wrote:
Oh damn it's live? I'd seen earlier on here that it was supposed to release at 10pm pst?

lol ah well, still waiting on the update atm anyway. Sounds like everyone is enjoying it so far, can't wait!


Don't sweat it, their servers are overloaded and if you didn't already have a Runic account, you can't play online just yet.

But you can play single-player or LAN and that character can be taken onto the online servers when everything is back up.

Thanks for the Outlander tip, Yango, I didn't know Dex was so bad. I went all dex on my 1st guy.
kiy0
Profile Joined August 2010
Portugal593 Posts
September 21 2012 05:03 GMT
#685
If you're having trouble playing online, just use Hamachi or Tummble and play with your friends on LAN.
Wisemen speak when they have something to say. Others speak when they have to say something.
ddrddrddrddr
Profile Joined August 2010
1344 Posts
September 21 2012 05:08 GMT
#686
I didn't like the game much... started an ember mage and his spells really didn't feel like they did enough damage, at least for the very initial spells. The fireballs had very small width and unlike disintegration beam, it has a projectile which faster enemies can dodge. Respected to ice, and the projectiles seemed to do very poor damage and bouces off shields. The stun animation is fairly difficult to see and my pet did more damage than I did some how (I think) Anyway I'll probably try a different class tomorrow but the mage didn't leave me with a very good impression. Might be awesome later, but right now he's pretty useless.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
September 21 2012 05:08 GMT
#687
So what's the difference between playing single player and on internet?
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 05:18:15
September 21 2012 05:13 GMT
#688
On September 21 2012 14:08 ddrddrddrddr wrote:
I didn't like the game much... started an ember mage and his spells really didn't feel like they did enough damage, at least for the very initial spells. The fireballs had very small width and unlike disintegration beam, it has a projectile which faster enemies can dodge. Respected to ice, and the projectiles seemed to do very poor damage and bouces off shields. The stun animation is fairly difficult to see and my pet did more damage than I did some how (I think) Anyway I'll probably try a different class tomorrow but the mage didn't leave me with a very good impression. Might be awesome later, but right now he's pretty useless.

did you see what type of bonuses you get from those spells once they reach rank 5, 10, and 15?

also - how the shit do you respawn enemies?
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
September 21 2012 05:13 GMT
#689
On September 21 2012 14:08 trinxified wrote:
So what's the difference between playing single player and on internet?

They are interchangable. ofc the main point to play on LAN or Internet is to play with other people. Games like this is fun single play but much much more fun when you can play it with a group of friends.
Terran
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
September 21 2012 05:41 GMT
#690
Since I pre-ordered this a few days ago, I also got the TL1 for free... Do you guys recommend playing through that one first? Like all classes?
Artok
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands2219 Posts
September 21 2012 05:50 GMT
#691
yey, finished ng with my super weird build ^^
+ Show Spoiler +
last boss was a pain in the ass, screw his 2nd form
Chun-li since ST
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 21 2012 07:15 GMT
#692
finally playing with a friend over tunngle, this game is real fun co-op. and holy crap, engineer = beast elite mode, this heal bot regens hp AND mana!? jesus....
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
September 21 2012 07:36 GMT
#693
I feel like there needs to be a middle ground with death, softcore death isn't punishing enough and I don't want to play hardcore, something like xp loss on death and enemies go back to max health would be a nice middle ground, maybe mods will add it.
Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
September 21 2012 07:51 GMT
#694
One thing I'm a bit annoyed at is that I don't seem to have the same amount of control over my character as I have in Diablo 3. Perhaps it's a bug but sometimes when I press shift to stand still I still end up walking toward the monster to use the spell. Really annoying.
Pokemon Master
Leth0
Profile Joined February 2012
856 Posts
September 21 2012 08:40 GMT
#695
On September 21 2012 12:50 village_idiot wrote:
Seems like you can't play as a summoner in this game. Too bad.


There are some summon spells still in the game, so far I've found summon archers I and summon skeleton II. This is coming from only a few hours play on elite mode with my mage , lvl 19 and finished my night bout halfway through act 1 it seems. There are plenty more summon spells available later levels I'm sure, just speaking from my experience from the first game. Summon zombies, blood skellies, ect.

Then just hold on to any + minion damage gear you can find and play around with it, could be fun. =)
Leth0
Profile Joined February 2012
856 Posts
September 21 2012 08:44 GMT
#696
On September 21 2012 09:22 N3rV[Green] wrote:
What happened to just playing a game? Why must we turn it into hyper competitive Starcraft style theorycrafting and min/maxing?

This game is 100% meant to be simply fun and semi mindless.

I'm honestly curious as to WHY people are so focused/adamant on "perfecting" their characters.


If thats what people enjoy doing thats fine with me.

It's when those type of people try to start saying "well XX is the only way to play YY because it is the most effective blah blah blah" that starts to annoy me. To each their own though, I've been playing with my buddies and we're having fun just building our characters on a whim as we go along.
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
September 21 2012 10:24 GMT
#697
played for 2 hours, i dont know why but its so much better then the beta , dont know why but it is :O
yo
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 10:25:40
September 21 2012 10:25 GMT
#698
On September 21 2012 17:40 Leth0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 12:50 village_idiot wrote:
Seems like you can't play as a summoner in this game. Too bad.


There are some summon spells still in the game, so far I've found summon archers I and summon skeleton II. This is coming from only a few hours play on elite mode with my mage , lvl 19 and finished my night bout halfway through act 1 it seems. There are plenty more summon spells available later levels I'm sure, just speaking from my experience from the first game. Summon zombies, blood skellies, ect.

Then just hold on to any + minion damage gear you can find and play around with it, could be fun. =)


u can play a summoner outlander :D

+ Show Spoiler +
yo
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 11:01:04
September 21 2012 10:27 GMT
#699
On September 21 2012 10:41 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
@BurningSera
Have you managed to clear any of the other phase portals? That one is by far the easiest one I've been into (one of two I managed to clear out of four). The reason they're so hard is that the monsters appear to be set to your level(+1?). I'm playing on elite clearing things like 5+ levels below what level I currently am so when you suddenly have crap that is super tough it becomes impossible


I have cleared two so far and i just arrived act2. How many are they in act1? The other one i did was the three totems spawning skeletons.

I also got one robot part from act1, how many are they in act1 lol

Anyone has a falcon set item apart from the gloves? I want that set bonus so badly (23% atk speed lol). I have some embermage and other nice unqiue if you wanna trade, pm me to join my game.

Btw guys i heard that hackers are out (this is no surprise at all) so remember to set password/level for your game (not sure if they can hack in with password on but thats all you can do atm i guess).

Also, DAT act1 boss LOL epic stuff.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
September 21 2012 10:56 GMT
#700
Finished ACT 1 on Elite in about 5 hours, I think I did all the side quests. Also, die quite a few times. This game is amazing!
Terran
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings58
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 134
SpeCial 108
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1562
Rain 1545
Artosis 623
910 58
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm129
League of Legends
Doublelift3609
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox221
Other Games
summit1g9106
shahzam560
JimRising 393
C9.Mang0353
PiGStarcraft272
Maynarde130
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP58
• davetesta26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21504
Other Games
• imaqtpie823
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 37m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 37m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 37m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.