• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:55
CEST 00:55
KST 07:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9070 users

Torchlight II - Page 31

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
September 20 2012 21:25 GMT
#601
On September 21 2012 06:23 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
I hate how you can't respec. I'm so worried about using skillpoints on bad skills

Isn't the game mod-able? So it won't take long until someone brings a mod for reskilling.
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
September 20 2012 21:27 GMT
#602
just bought it and loaded it up for a few hours, so far so good imo
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-20 21:33:30
September 20 2012 21:31 GMT
#603
also - i feel like blood hunger is not working for me, unless it's not instant and 5% over time heal

is it a HoT it seems
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Vallelol
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1046 Posts
September 20 2012 21:33 GMT
#604
On September 21 2012 06:31 Silidons wrote:
also - i feel like blood hunger is not working for me, unless it's not instant and 5% over time heal


Its over time like 1 or 2 seconds, you should see its buff. It only procs on melee weapons though
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 20 2012 21:43 GMT
#605
also, how am i able to buy stuff that costs more than the gold that i have? for example, i have 500 gold, but i can send my pet to buy 1k worth of potions. i'm confused
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Leth0
Profile Joined February 2012
856 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-20 21:47:19
September 20 2012 21:44 GMT
#606
On September 21 2012 06:23 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
I hate how you can't respec. I'm so worried about using skillpoints on bad skills


What makes a skill "bad"? Just put points in stuff you think is fun and have fun playing around with it. I prefer this system by a large margin. having the freedom to actually build my character the way I want, and then remake and build another, and another, and another, ect ect.

I play these types of games to build a character, not to pick a class. That means committing yourself to the choices you make and carving your own way through the game. IMO it takes a lot of the fun of the game out when you have a system (like d3 for example) that simply gives the player everything with 0 input from the player.
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-20 21:49:57
September 20 2012 21:49 GMT
#607
On September 21 2012 06:23 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
I hate how you can't respec. I'm so worried about using skillpoints on bad skills

u can respect the last 3 skilled points for some amout of money
yo
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 20 2012 21:53 GMT
#608
On September 21 2012 06:25 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 06:23 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
I hate how you can't respec. I'm so worried about using skillpoints on bad skills

Isn't the game mod-able? So it won't take long until someone brings a mod for reskilling.


Only the editor isn't released yet and it's release date is still to be determined. Respec on last three skills isn't worth talking about either. If you accidently click the wrong skill maybe, but generally when you respec you want to completely change how you're playing so it is useless.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-20 21:59:07
September 20 2012 21:54 GMT
#609
On September 21 2012 06:49 Killmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 06:23 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
I hate how you can't respec. I'm so worried about using skillpoints on bad skills

u can respect the last 3 skilled points for some amout of money

That and respec mod is going to be like the first mod that people release, guaranteed (was that way in Torchlight 1).

A few questions about stats:
- Spell damage is based on % weapon DPS--does this mean that caster spell damage is based on Strength as well as Focus, or does Strength not modify damage done by spell? I would assume it's the latter, because the fact that Spells can crit but not execute would mean that Strength actually improves spell DPS by more than Focus does.
- Spells cannot fumble, while physical attacks can--meaning for an Embermage, Dexterity is an inefficient stat (though I suppose every stat seems to be slightly inefficient regardless of what your class is)?
- How have people been balancing Vitality vs. the various offensive stats?

I sort of wish that you could stat respec your last 3 levels, not just your skills.

EDIT: If Strength actually does modify spell damage (by increasing weapon DPS) that would mean the optimal way to improve your spell DPS would be a split between the stats, not just Focus stacking.

On September 21 2012 06:53 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Only the editor isn't released yet and it's release date is still to be determined. Respec on last three skills isn't worth talking about either. If you accidently click the wrong skill maybe, but generally when you respec you want to completely change how you're playing so it is useless.

Ehh, not really. The skill descriptions don't really do each skill justice, so at the very least, the skill respec is worth having just so you can test a skill's effectiveness and ditch it if you don't like it.

It also means that you can save your skill-points for a deeper primary offensive skill without having to do the awkward D2 thing where you go with nothing/just prereq skills forever.
Moderator
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 20 2012 21:56 GMT
#610
holy fuck man the skills in this game are so sick. i'm only an hour or so in and i'm enjoying it more than d3.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 20 2012 21:56 GMT
#611
On September 21 2012 06:44 Leth0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 06:23 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
I hate how you can't respec. I'm so worried about using skillpoints on bad skills


What makes a skill "bad"? Just put points in stuff you think is fun and have fun playing around with it. I prefer this system by a large margin. having the freedom to actually build my character the way I want, and then remake and build another, and another, and another, ect ect.

I play these types of games to build a character, not to pick a class. That means committing yourself to the choices you make and carving your own way through the game. IMO it takes a lot of the fun of the game out when you have a system (like d3 for example) that simply gives the player everything with 0 input from the player.


Well it seems like they fixed a problem from the original where damage actually scales now. In the first torchlight, all skills that weren't based on weapon dps were terrible later on because they didn't scale well. Most skills that aren't weapon damage have an asterisk that says based on player level so that makes it less damaging. I'm honestly worried more about my stat points though. I'm doing a 1-1-1-2 every level up sort of thing and can't decide if I want to specialize instead. None of the stats seem useless (although they could be depending on the numbers) and everything appears to have a level req OR a stat req so you can't exactly screw yourself over there. Only time will tell, but perfectionism has its problems ^_^
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Leth0
Profile Joined February 2012
856 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-20 22:04:12
September 20 2012 22:01 GMT
#612
So your problem is , you want to make the "perfect" character (w/e that means to you) but you don't know what skills and stats the "perfect" character requires so you feel like you are going to "fuck yourself" by picking the "wrong" stats or skills.

TBH man this does not sound like the game for you. It sounds like a headache. I know if i had that kind of mindset, i would not be able to enjoy this type of game.

D3 sounds more fitting, no choices to worry about, nothing you can possibly do that would change the eventual outcome of the class you chose to pick. No consequences, no repercussions, if your into that sort of hand holding i guess.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-20 22:06:29
September 20 2012 22:04 GMT
#613
On September 21 2012 07:01 Leth0 wrote:
So your problem is , you want to make the "perfect" character (w/e that means to you) but you don't know what skills and stats the "perfect" character requires so you feel like you are going to "fuck yourself" by picking the "wrong" stats or skills.

TBH man this does not sound like the game for you. It sounds like a headache. I know if i had that kind of mindset, i would not be able to enjoy this type of game.

I'm not trying to make the perfect character, but I do wish there were enough transparency in the system so that I could be rewarded for planning ahead with my stat points as opposed to just winging it.

I'm sure that all the nitty-gritty details will all be researched and wiki-fied in 2 weeks. It just feels weird (and I guess kind of fresh and exciting) to be one of the early adopters playing before anyone knows anything about how everything works. I didn't play D2/LoD on release, so by the time I played, most of the stat formulae and breakpoints were all fairly well tabulated.
Moderator
WeedRa
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany815 Posts
September 20 2012 22:05 GMT
#614
any update on the logging in issue? im still having problems -.-
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 20 2012 22:08 GMT
#615
I think I'm going to make some junk characters on very easy to test the effects of the stats on spell damage. Will post back if I find anything interesting.
Moderator
Leth0
Profile Joined February 2012
856 Posts
September 20 2012 22:08 GMT
#616
On September 21 2012 07:04 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 07:01 Leth0 wrote:
So your problem is , you want to make the "perfect" character (w/e that means to you) but you don't know what skills and stats the "perfect" character requires so you feel like you are going to "fuck yourself" by picking the "wrong" stats or skills.

TBH man this does not sound like the game for you. It sounds like a headache. I know if i had that kind of mindset, i would not be able to enjoy this type of game.

I'm not trying to make the perfect character, but I do wish there were enough transparency in the system so that I could be rewarded for planning ahead with my stat points as opposed to just winging it.

I'm sure that all the nitty-gritty details will all be researched and wiki-fied in 2 weeks. It just feels weird (and I guess kind of fresh and exciting) to be one of the early adopters playing before anyone knows anything about how everything works. I didn't play D2/LoD on release, so by the time I played, most of the stat formulae and breakpoints were all fairly well tabulated.


My response was directed at the one above my post, but as to your point I feel like seeing the tier perks helps out tremendously when planning ahead on what you are building towards.
kuroshiro
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom378 Posts
September 20 2012 22:09 GMT
#617
On September 21 2012 06:09 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 05:58 kuroshiro wrote:
On September 21 2012 05:55 Silidons wrote:
i can't create a damn runic account because their website is down


I can't even download the installer ^_^ (the link is dead). Serves me right for not using Steam, but I hate steam, and I've already paid for the version on the runic site.

Also, I accidentally bought Torchlight I because I thought it was Torchlight 2. -_-


Have you tried entering the CD-key (assuming you have one) on steam?
Might let you add it to steam and d/l from there.


Just tried and sadly it doesn't work. Link seems to have finally worked for the full (non streaming) install though, so will have it by morning
I am you, and you are me.
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
September 20 2012 22:10 GMT
#618
Hardcore results so far: Died in Bone Gallery (Sub dungeon before you get to the well) in this boss fight that spawns something like 40 skeletons. Definetly need to invest in some early aoe at the cost of a few tanky abilities because hacking and slashing through that many adds in elite simply isn't viable. Also need to carry 20-30 pots in eventualities like that because there wasn't anywhere to run and pop a tp scroll. Having a blast though!
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
September 20 2012 22:12 GMT
#619
Since i am not familiar with the skills/stats optimization in tl2, I am now with 10stats and 3 skill points available, only use them when i needed the stats for some high level gears. I am in veteran mode. Reskilling is never a problem for when i play a dungeon crawler.

D3's autostats wand skills was totally retarded, if they could fully balanced the whole thing then it would be genius tho but obviously they failed hard-mofo-core. I played WD.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Yacobs
Profile Joined March 2010
United States846 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-20 22:16:10
September 20 2012 22:15 GMT
#620
Anyone else having this problem?

The game runs perfectly fine, very smooth during the actual gameplay. However, whenever I open a UI element (such as the inventory window or whatever), it lags and the animation stutters as the gui element slides out. It also does the same thing when the window is sliding off the screen when I close it. As I said, nothing else about the game is suffering bad performance.

Any ideas? Also, I have a good computer that runs current AAA games no problem.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O155
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1074
ZZZero.O 155
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5296
JimRising 693
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5573
Other Games
summit1g8793
FrodaN2999
KnowMe206
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1017
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5m
CranKy Ducklings10
Afreeca Starleague
11h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 5m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.