• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:19
CEST 07:19
KST 14:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8329 users

Torchlight II - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 93 94 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
October 31 2009 03:58 GMT
#21
There is already a level 100...

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
October 31 2009 04:38 GMT
#22
Loading only takes a few seconds for me. I was also very pleased that my laptop's ATI 3470 could run this on max.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
starfries
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada3508 Posts
November 02 2009 17:26 GMT
#23
If you decompress pak.zip and recompress it with the native windows compressor (right click and send to -> compressed folder), it will reduce loading times by quite a lot as a temporary fix. It worked for me, but not everyone saw the improvement. Also my laptop's ATI 3650 can't run it, wtf.. it works great for a while and then overheats and turns all choppy but it looks fine on integrated graphics.
DJ – do you like ramen, Savior? Savior – not really. Bisu – I eat it often. Flash – I’m a maniac! | Foxer Fighting!
starfries
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada3508 Posts
November 02 2009 17:31 GMT
#24
Oh yeah, this game is a lot of fun. The monster deaths are very satisfying because if you crit they explode in a mass of lightning and splatter all over the place. Also, sometimes you can blast them off the edge of a cliff and watch them go flying.. it does seem a little too easy especially because there's a lot of things you can abuse but its still a great game.
DJ – do you like ramen, Savior? Savior – not really. Bisu – I eat it often. Flash – I’m a maniac! | Foxer Fighting!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 02 2009 21:06 GMT
#25
Blah, why won't the editor for this come out!
Moderator
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
November 02 2009 21:14 GMT
#26
Amazing game. I love it.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
quiong
Profile Joined January 2008
United States268 Posts
November 02 2009 21:22 GMT
#27
Fun little game but seems a tad shallow. I've played D2, mythos and FATE extensively so playing this game felt kinda weird, like I've already played it before.

Not bad for a $20 game, as far as D2 clones go I still prefer titan quest.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
November 05 2009 22:09 GMT
#28
[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
November 06 2009 00:34 GMT
#29
Rofl I just got ember beam. Craziest attack I've gotten so far.

I'm a bit bummed that every new ability I gain seems to out-class the ones before it, but I suppose that's normal to some extent. That being said, I have like 6 points into the ember lightning spell, and it's been my main spell for ages now. With only 2 points into ember beam, it's now my main "kill everything" button skill. LAZARS PEW PEW
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
November 06 2009 00:40 GMT
#30
This game looks like a lot of fun. I really wish it was multi-player though, i don't think i could get into a single player hack-and-slash rpg. Are there any lan settings?
good vibes only
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 00:53:24
November 06 2009 00:51 GMT
#31
I made some mods.
First, a gameplay video of my mods:



Some pics:

Dragonkin pet and dual wielding two-handed swords:
[image loading]


Pet Dragonkin casting spells of bosses:
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]





Custom Skillset for Vanquisher:
The Summoner Tree:
[image loading]

This is the "Pet focused" tree.
This tree has every castable summoning skill in the game. This includes the spells that are normally only available through spell scrolls, such as Summon Blood Skeleton and Summon Flaming Sword VI.
It also includes the two Alchemist-only pet buffs, Burning Bind and Thorned Minions.


Skill list:
Summon Imp-From Alchemist
Summon Alchemical Golem-From Alchemist
Summon Aloe Gel-From Scroll
Burning Bind-From Alchemist
Summon Beam Golem-From Alchemist
Summon Archers VI-From Scroll
Summon Flaming Sword VI-From Scroll
Summon Skeleton VI-From Scroll
Summon Zombies VI-From Scroll
Summon Blood Skeleton-From Scroll




The Champion Tree:
[image loading]

This is the "weapon-focused" tree.
This tree includes all the useful combat-focused skills across the three classes, including both ultimates of the Vanquisher and the Destroyer, the Hamstring and the Devastate.
It also has the best combat buffs and debuffs available in game.
The Thorned Minions is not an error-Just a spill over of a necessary skill from the summoner tree.
Skill list:
Explosive Shot-From Vanquisher
Hamstring-From Vanquisher
Ember Shock-From Alchemist
Spectral Echo-From Destroyer
Devastate-From Destroyer
Infuse-From Alchemist
Thorned Minions-From Alchemist
Spectral Decay-From Destroyer
Entropic Aura-From Destroyer
Ember Sentry-From Alchemist



The Warlock Tree:
[image loading]

This is the "magic and utility" tree.
This tree includes the magical projectile spell that scales the best into lategame, Ember Lightning. It also contains the teleportation skill, Ember Phase, and the necessary utility spells (heal all and town portal).
Further, this tree contains all the necessary passives that contribute to gameplay.

Skill list:
Ember Phase-From Alchemist
Ember Lightning-From Alchemist
Martial Weapons Expertise-General
Magic Weapons Expertise-General
Town Portal-From Scroll
Heall All VI-From Scroll
Pet Mastery-General
Dual Wielding-General
Advanced Spellcasting-General
Ranged Weapons Expertise-General




Custom sets/equipment:
A screenshot of a Vanquisher wearing the set with dual wielded crossbows:
[image loading]


A screenshot of the set bonuses (each item has a second copy of the full 8 piece set bonus as well, meaning the statistics of one item is equal to the 8 piece bonus, and the benefit of wearing the full set is 9x the set bonuses):
[image loading]





Level 200?!?!:
[image loading]




Secret Horse Level:
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


In all, an excellent, excellent game. I haven't had this much fun in a long while.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 06 2009 01:12 GMT
#32
On November 06 2009 09:34 Haemonculus wrote:
Rofl I just got ember beam. Craziest attack I've gotten so far.

I'm a bit bummed that every new ability I gain seems to out-class the ones before it, but I suppose that's normal to some extent. That being said, I have like 6 points into the ember lightning spell, and it's been my main spell for ages now. With only 2 points into ember beam, it's now my main "kill everything" button skill. LAZARS PEW PEW

It's really only in the short term. IMO once you get to high levels, the real thing that determines the strength of the skills is how much contribution Magic stat and weapon damage make. On my level 30-ish mage, Ember Lightning outdoes Ember Lance on damage (and has way more utlity since it can shoot through walls) because Lightning gets 100% magic stat and 20% weapon damage, while Lance only gets 50% magic stat and 8% weapon damage. I imagine at even higher levels, Ember Lightning becomes the primary form of attack, while Ember Strike becomes the primary form of crowd control.
Moderator
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
November 06 2009 01:45 GMT
#33
was wondering when a thread for this would show up
FortuneSyn
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1826 Posts
November 06 2009 02:16 GMT
#34
Damn man nice mods! Looks pretty limitless
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
November 06 2009 04:37 GMT
#35
I'm playing Alchemist, and I've mostly dumped points into Magic/Defense. I noticed that in this game you regenerate mana quite fast which is a nice break from the early levels of D2 (or D2 without insight runeword ). Anyone know what skills to "max"? As there are no prerequisites I've basically saved a lot of my points and I've been doing fine, although perhaps this is because I'm playing on Normal. I might restart and try this on Hard, the game seems too easy so far.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
November 06 2009 06:09 GMT
#36
This game looks spiffy, too bad I just got dragon age or I'd give it a shot. Maybe come christmas when I have more free time I'll try it out, can't go wrong with the $20 price tag and the glowing reviews.

Hopefully this will be the first game that can properly scratch my diablo 2 itch, which I still play from occaison to occaison. Will this be the first game to beat out diablo 2 at its own game?
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
Dr.Lettuce
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United Kingdom663 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 07:46:26
November 06 2009 07:44 GMT
#37
When I tried to install it, it says prior installation detected.
I did some googling and it said I should delete runic games folder and uninstall from control pannel. I've done both of those and it's still broken! Not happy

Any help? Anyone else experience this same problem?
I've been told to download JVtools 16 2009, I have done. But I don't know how to use the file search program I hate how rubbish with computers I really am
lokiM
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3407 Posts
November 06 2009 12:30 GMT
#38
this game would be 20x better if it was multiplayer =\
You can't fight the feeling.
Dr.Lettuce
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United Kingdom663 Posts
November 07 2009 07:39 GMT
#39
Ah right if anyone has the same problem as me. Go to steam, and try downloading the demo. After like 5 seconds. Stop the download and go to control panel and delete it again! Hope that helps anyone should they get the same problem

I'm hungover and torchlight works now, so gonna play it alllll day!
selboN
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2523 Posts
November 07 2009 07:41 GMT
#40
This looks a lot like a knock off of WoW, just judging by the screen shots. Looks to be fun though, might give it a try.
"That's what happens when you're using a mouse made out of glass!" -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 93 94 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2102
Shuttle 1015
Dewaltoss 86
Hm[arnc] 38
Bale 31
Noble 30
ZergMaN 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1146
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor656
Other Games
summit1g7556
PiGStarcraft294
C9.Mang0279
Mew2King158
RuFF_SC268
ViBE61
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 34
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2321
League of Legends
• Lourlo1124
• Rush1090
• Stunt366
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 41m
OSC
16h 41m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.