• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:43
CEST 19:43
KST 02:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11804 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion - Page 45

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
January 10 2014 08:04 GMT
#881
On January 10 2014 05:50 SheaR619 wrote:
I am thinking of getting into Project M, for anyone that played it, is it a good game? Does it feel enough like Melee or still feels slow?


I actually just got Project M on my Wii for the first time today. First impression was really good, really nice trying out all the characters and seeing what they are capable of. I was pretty amazed by Mario and how he actually seems to be a good character finally.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-10 09:25:44
January 10 2014 09:25 GMT
#882
Mario's fireballs are ridiculous. I can't play Fox vs Mario for shit in PM.
3 Hatch Before Cool
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
January 10 2014 14:30 GMT
#883
On January 10 2014 18:25 -Kaiser- wrote:
Mario's fireballs are ridiculous. I can't play Fox vs Mario for shit in PM.


Plus, dat dash attack to utilt combo. I love PM Mario.

Having played Melee for several years competitively, it hurts me to say this but it's true: Project M is a better game than Melee.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
January 10 2014 18:10 GMT
#884
ty all for the replies, it seems I will be giving PM a chance. It definitely seems like it has alot of potential, wouldnt Nitendo do something about it or does it not break any term of agreement?
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
January 10 2014 19:43 GMT
#885
Is PM something I could set up on Dolphin on my computer, or do I have to do it on my Wii? If the latter, I can't find any non-hackless guides to setting it up. I already have my Wii homebrewed and I don't think I'd have to go through the entire hackless process, right?
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
Atheros
Profile Joined January 2011
United States84 Posts
January 10 2014 19:58 GMT
#886
I recently set up project m on my computer and it works great. Online play through Dolphin netplay also works way better than wifi on the wii. The only annoying part for Dolphin is getting the brawl .iso but its not very hard. Reddit has a really good guide for setting up the netplay version for Dolphin.
Holy Check!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-10 20:02:11
January 10 2014 20:01 GMT
#887
On January 11 2014 03:10 SheaR619 wrote:
ty all for the replies, it seems I will be giving PM a chance. It definitely seems like it has alot of potential, wouldnt Nitendo do something about it or does it not break any term of agreement?


The PMBR (Project M Back Room) is putting the game together completely devoid of profit - they're doing it cuz they loved Melee and wanted to adapt the Brawl cast into a better looking, similar playing version of Melee. Also, if you're playing the hackless version of P:M, you need to buy the Brawl disc anyway, so Nintendo is almost certainly getting a non-negative amount of profits from the PMBR

Nintendo does, though, hate the fact that smash is competitive in any sense. They hate (and as far as I know, do not support at all) any smash tournaments.

Also, Olimar is batshit insane in P:M
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
January 11 2014 07:00 GMT
#888
On January 11 2014 05:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 03:10 SheaR619 wrote:
ty all for the replies, it seems I will be giving PM a chance. It definitely seems like it has alot of potential, wouldnt Nitendo do something about it or does it not break any term of agreement?


The PMBR (Project M Back Room) is putting the game together completely devoid of profit - they're doing it cuz they loved Melee and wanted to adapt the Brawl cast into a better looking, similar playing version of Melee. Also, if you're playing the hackless version of P:M, you need to buy the Brawl disc anyway, so Nintendo is almost certainly getting a non-negative amount of profits from the PMBR

Nintendo does, though, hate the fact that smash is competitive in any sense. They hate (and as far as I know, do not support at all) any smash tournaments.

Also, Olimar is batshit insane in P:M


How are people playing him? We have someone on the BC PR trying to play Olimar in PM and I can pretty much autopilot the matchup with sheik.
3 Hatch Before Cool
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
January 12 2014 15:19 GMT
#889
On January 11 2014 05:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 03:10 SheaR619 wrote:
ty all for the replies, it seems I will be giving PM a chance. It definitely seems like it has alot of potential, wouldnt Nitendo do something about it or does it not break any term of agreement?
Nintendo does, though, hate the fact that smash is competitive in any sense. They hate (and as far as I know, do not support at all) any smash tournaments.


Recently Prog has hinted at Nintendo getting interested to help with tournaments and such. Probably it's just Smash4, but hopefully it's Melee as well.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 12 2014 21:27 GMT
#890
so PM looks kind of cool after finally having a chance to watch it being played live

I'm very sad that my wii is MIA now
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 20:38:02
January 13 2014 14:07 GMT
#891
On January 11 2014 16:00 -Kaiser- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 05:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 11 2014 03:10 SheaR619 wrote:
ty all for the replies, it seems I will be giving PM a chance. It definitely seems like it has alot of potential, wouldnt Nitendo do something about it or does it not break any term of agreement?


The PMBR (Project M Back Room) is putting the game together completely devoid of profit - they're doing it cuz they loved Melee and wanted to adapt the Brawl cast into a better looking, similar playing version of Melee. Also, if you're playing the hackless version of P:M, you need to buy the Brawl disc anyway, so Nintendo is almost certainly getting a non-negative amount of profits from the PMBR

Nintendo does, though, hate the fact that smash is competitive in any sense. They hate (and as far as I know, do not support at all) any smash tournaments.

Also, Olimar is batshit insane in P:M


How are people playing him? We have someone on the BC PR trying to play Olimar in PM and I can pretty much autopilot the matchup with sheik.


Shiek was actually the only matchup I've really struggled with so far. I'm not sure if I was just doing it wrong, or if Olimar really is at a big disadvantage in that MU. Her hitboxes just last forever and reach very far. Also, Olimar was very easy to chaingrab at low %s, and even some medium %s if I messed up DI.

I'm not sure how other people are playing him, I'm still learning him. But up smash comes out incredibly fast and hits very hard (especially with purple pikmin). I kinda play him a bit like I'd play Peach if I had a constant supply of turnips that followed me around.

Side B has great zoning and range potential with the different kinds of Pikmin, and his forward and back aerials are quick and reach pretty far in comparison to his size.


edit: My biggest complaint about Olimar is his down B. I get it's meant to cycle Pikmin, and someone who uses it effectively can play optimally. But it just feels like such a waste of time to even try to use, and the delay on hit really sucks.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 22:24:44
January 13 2014 22:24 GMT
#892
I'm pretty sure that sheik can't chaingrab in PM.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 13 2014 22:31 GMT
#893
I heard M2K hates PM Sheik (and thinks Link and Wolf are top-tier )

though he plays Mario/Fox in PM so I dunno
Writer
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 13 2014 22:36 GMT
#894
On January 14 2014 07:31 ]343[ wrote:
I heard M2K hates PM Sheik (and thinks Link and Wolf are top-tier )

though he plays Mario/Fox in PM so I dunno


P:M shiek feels really bonkers, tbh

On January 14 2014 07:24 Zoler wrote:
I'm pretty sure that sheik can't chaingrab in PM.


entirely possible that I was just screwing up - I'm very rusty
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
January 13 2014 22:36 GMT
#895
Did you mean marth or mario?
M2K 4-stocked some guy in the finals of an NA event yesterday as marth I think, though he played fox for the rest of the series.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 13 2014 23:20 GMT
#896
god damn sung at SSS yesterday... suddenly i feel like i should learn shield dropping

(http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/494816373 starts around 7:50:xx)
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-14 05:26:46
January 14 2014 03:10 GMT
#897
On January 14 2014 07:24 Zoler wrote:
I'm pretty sure that sheik can't chaingrab in PM.


Sheik can CG Olimar like twice or thrice with DI at 0%.
3 Hatch Before Cool
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 14 2014 08:50 GMT
#898
On January 14 2014 08:20 Kyuukyuu wrote:
god damn sung at SSS yesterday... suddenly i feel like i should learn shield dropping

(http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/494816373 starts around 7:50:xx)

I learned how to shield-drop fairly consistently on emulator vs people since I was playing a bunch of dolphin netplay

which is unfortunate because I fucked it up 9/10 times in real live situation
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 14 2014 17:13 GMT
#899
On January 14 2014 17:50 d3_crescentia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 08:20 Kyuukyuu wrote:
god damn sung at SSS yesterday... suddenly i feel like i should learn shield dropping

(http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/494816373 starts around 7:50:xx)

I learned how to shield-drop fairly consistently on emulator vs people since I was playing a bunch of dolphin netplay

which is unfortunate because I fucked it up 9/10 times in real live situation


I can do it kinda consistently in terms of putting my shield up and dropping. Linking it to an aerial for some reason is like this impossible task where my aerial isn't even close to being fast enough to actually hit anybody.
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
January 15 2014 09:38 GMT
#900
As Roby said in the BC smash thread:

"People who shield drop consistently practice all day by themselves naked in their room" or something to that effect.
3 Hatch Before Cool
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 637
UpATreeSC 114
ProTech50
JuggernautJason31
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33759
Calm 3357
Shuttle 1116
actioN 220
firebathero 181
Hyuk 113
Barracks 105
Dewaltoss 101
Liquid`Ret 61
Hyun 29
[ Show more ]
Free 24
Aegong 23
Bale 23
HiyA 23
soO 22
NaDa 19
PianO 17
Shine 16
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8595
Dendi1122
XaKoH 379
Fuzer 104
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1342
fl0m1134
x6flipin834
Other Games
singsing2121
FrodaN1331
Beastyqt663
ceh9354
B2W.Neo336
mouzStarbuck289
Livibee186
byalli183
C9.Mang0155
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr81
Mew2King68
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV421
Other Games
• Shiphtur898
• imaqtpie526
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 32m
Replay Cast
5h 17m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.