• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7790 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion - Page 31

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
January 28 2013 00:24 GMT
#601
melee is in 1st place now by about 100 dollars.
24k raised so far from each game.

gonna come down to the wire, really hope melee gets it
DorF
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden961 Posts
January 30 2013 17:11 GMT
#602
I donated twice, really hope we got this !
BW for life !
Yomi-no-Kuni
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany333 Posts
February 01 2013 02:15 GMT
#603
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
official donation drive for melee @ evo!
help out a great cause (breast cancer research) and support super smash bros. melee!

So far Armada has been on the stream, apparently Ken will be on later and lots of give-aways and cool stuff!

gogo smashbros!
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 01 2013 02:37 GMT
#604
Protips for Fox vs Jigglypuff please. My worst matchup.

My gameplan is to stay in the middle and be as safe as possible and spam when I can. Which leads into me getting in some free hits but dying really easily if I do get hit. Pretty helpless against WoP unless I just run in and gamble with shield / usmash / grab / shine and hope they don't perform the correct counter.

Screwed offstage at low %. At high % I am able to tech if they are slow with their fastfalling, or if I manage to side B into a platform cancel if I succeed at it. Maybe some recovery tips would be sweet.

Basically my problem is I need to land like 10 hits before I get a kill because she's so floaty and I need to shine for safety after everything due to being afraid of rest and grabs and CCC while the jigglypuff needs to land 1-2 and that already leads into my death. Also when she camps off the side of the stage I have no idea what to do, it's such a risk to go there, though I've managed to repeatedly shinespike them to death a few times in that situation.



Also SSBM looking like the winner especially if ST gets "disqualified" as it seems.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
2xNoodle
Profile Joined May 2012
United States201 Posts
February 01 2013 08:49 GMT
#605
I had never heard of competitive gaming until, one day, I was watching Survivor Gabon and some kid named Ken comes on and introduces himself as a "professional video game player". I looked him up, saw some match footage on Youtube, found out about MLG, and have become a huge competitive gaming/eSports fan since. Congrats Smashers on unofficially winning the donation drive!
Former Senior Editor for ROOT Gaming | https://twitter.com/2xNoodle
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
February 01 2013 08:58 GMT
#606
melee wins the donation drive

I hope the community will take this opportunity and do great things at evo2k13

as for Fox v Jiggs, I think you really just have to be very, very patient in the matchup. I feel like it can be very stage dependent - large stages with short ceilings are better (PS, FD); small stages can go either way but reduce your ability to camp. obviously never go to dream land; battlefield is probably the worst after that imo since recovering is a pain on top of the small stage size which can help jiggs camp the ledge. I think fullhop nair->shine used to be a decent option if you ever actually wanted to approach but honestly you're better off if you force them to commit to approaching you.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 10:13:47
February 01 2013 10:05 GMT
#607
donation drive was insane

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/362806914

theres the stream for the final hour of donations and sniping

melee raised 94k, SG got 78k i believe, ST got 40k.

over 200k raised in total for breast cancer research

Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 16:27:35
February 01 2013 16:22 GMT
#608
On February 01 2013 17:58 d3_crescentia wrote:
melee wins the donation drive

I hope the community will take this opportunity and do great things at evo2k13

as for Fox v Jiggs, I think you really just have to be very, very patient in the matchup. I feel like it can be very stage dependent - large stages with short ceilings are better (PS, FD); small stages can go either way but reduce your ability to camp. obviously never go to dream land; battlefield is probably the worst after that imo since recovering is a pain on top of the small stage size which can help jiggs camp the ledge. I think fullhop nair->shine used to be a decent option if you ever actually wanted to approach but honestly you're better off if you force them to commit to approaching you.

Why no Dreamland? Good recovery options for Fox with easy techs end f-B to ledges, Rest gimps are greatly reduced in effectiveness, Blaster spam is easy, the center of the stage is huge so it's easier to avoid getting gimped. Also if I get shine spikes the easier recovery doesn't even matter and Jigglypuff dies up quickly even here. DL64 is one of my favorites against Jigglypuff. Hate Battlefield, though.

So yeah I guess I need to just play as lame as possible and spam Blaster. *Yawns* I've indeed been doing fulljump nair into shine sometimes, mostly canceling the shine into grab. Also been doing run in -> shine -> grab and jump -> shine -> jump away, but it indeed feels smarter just to wait for Jigglypuff to commit because then it feels much easier to attack her. She can't even crouch SHDL.



Also I've been practicing the flatland jump cancel shine infinite against Captain Falcon. Feels tournament-viable with a bit more practice.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 20:03:10
February 01 2013 19:58 GMT
#609
by infinite are you referring to shining them across the stage and then drilling to turn it around?

it's really easy to SDI it when you turn them around. i would just recommend 1-2 waveshines, into a short hop drill for extra damage, and then waveshine usmash/grab for the finish.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 20:03:20
February 01 2013 20:02 GMT
#610
On February 02 2013 01:22 Shikyo wrote:Why no Dreamland?


Puff just doesn't die on Dreamland... high ceiling, wide sides mean puff can survive to pretty high %
Writer
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
February 01 2013 20:14 GMT
#611
DL64 isn't as bad as I thought it was; it was more of a kneejerk reaction to stages. I'd probably never pick DL against a jiggs, but if they wanted to go there I'd probably give it to them. it is harder to kill jiggs on, I suppose it's better for fox's survivability as well, so I guess it's reasonable if your plan is to play super obnoxiously and outcamp jiggs.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 01 2013 20:43 GMT
#612
On February 02 2013 05:02 ]343[ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 01:22 Shikyo wrote:Why no Dreamland?


Puff just doesn't die on Dreamland... high ceiling, wide sides mean puff can survive to pretty high %

I don't think that's important enough to outweigh the good things for Fox in that stage, though. In most of my games that's sort of a non-factor, it's really difficult to get past Fox's mobility from above / diagonally above him. Even if you need to bair 10 times in a row that's totally fine. I actually think Dreamland is one of the better stages for Fox in most matchups, even against Peach I prefer it over FoD and FD.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
February 01 2013 21:11 GMT
#613
I loved this game back a few years back.
My Puff wasn't too bad too.
But it's hard finding players to play with.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
February 02 2013 20:00 GMT
#614
On February 02 2013 06:11 Noocta wrote:
I loved this game back a few years back.
My Puff wasn't too bad too.
But it's hard finding players to play with.


I'm pretty sure France has a very active competitive scene with tournaments at least twice a month or so!
Writer
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-11 16:20:27
March 11 2013 16:19 GMT
#615
Just had a small tournament in Norway. Me and a buddy got first in teams. Got the recording if anyone's interested, Im the Peach.




And soon it's time for Beast! Hell yeah!
Happiest man on earth
Yomi-no-Kuni
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany333 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-26 09:17:29
March 26 2013 09:16 GMT
#616
yeah, another TL user going to Beast
I'm from germany, I'll be there to

edit: so who are you? I know tonberry, heard of Dev (think i met him already), but don't know the other two
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
March 26 2013 10:46 GMT
#617
Im Kuja, old school swedish smasher. I ahven't really made any big things in the community so no wonder you dont know me. DJ Black is a norwegian player, pretty good aswell! Dev is a "RL" friend and we team when our other friend, Nedech, ain't coming.

Sweet that you're coming to Beast, who are you?
Happiest man on earth
Yomi-no-Kuni
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany333 Posts
March 26 2013 10:58 GMT
#618
I'm Yomi :D
decent, but not amazing german player. I think most avid tourney players know me.
I lost to Nedech at Beast 1, but barely made it into the bracket.
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
March 27 2013 07:37 GMT
#619
Sweet! I'll see if I can find you :D
Happiest man on earth
Yomi-no-Kuni
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany333 Posts
April 01 2013 22:46 GMT
#620
Just 2 more days until i'll get boing. It you're there early,i'm looking for people ti play with go get warmed up. Didnt get to practice alot beforehand
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
23:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 152
SpeCial 54
CosmosSc2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 601
910 64
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm89
League of Legends
Doublelift2556
Other Games
summit1g9016
Grubby2928
shahzam630
C9.Mang0301
PiGStarcraft186
Maynarde97
JimRising 29
Vindicta12
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick519
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• musti20045 39
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
• davetesta11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21472
Other Games
• imaqtpie711
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 40m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 40m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.