• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:48
CEST 06:48
KST 13:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8072 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion - Page 33

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
August 04 2013 13:03 GMT
#641
Awww, I have to motivate some of my friends to play smash again. This makes me want to play it so much, but no-one is still playing where I live.
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
August 05 2013 02:10 GMT
#642
On August 04 2013 16:45 oscar62 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 13:33 AirbladeOrange wrote:
I used to play Melee a lot a few years ago but dropped it because there was nobody to play with anymore. I heard about a local tournament a couple weeks ago so I practiced by myself until the tourny, which was today. It was really fun and I'm all jacked up to get back into this game but it seems so hard to find people already familiar with the game or newbies willing to really get into it competitively.

What do people do? Is the scene mostly dead?


the scene on the whole is definitely going through some kind of revival, but as for the strength of your local scene it really depends where you live. either way there's almost guaranteed a facebook group for melee players in your area, that's how 99% of players arrange smashfests and such nowadays.

http://smashboards.com/threads/facebook-groups-links.325058/


Aw I hate facebook. The only group for me is the entire U.S. east coast. I've found one guy on smashboards that lives 40 minutes away but it's a start.

I just found out about the Dustbowl Championships that is taking place in the fall literally 5 minutes from my house. I'm hoping to go to the event and enjoy it and see if any other locales come out that I could meet.
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
August 06 2013 02:45 GMT
#643
On August 05 2013 11:10 AirbladeOrange wrote:
I just found out about the Dustbowl Championships that is taking place in the fall literally 5 minutes from my house. I'm hoping to go to the event and enjoy it and see if any other locales come out that I could meet.


good call, just showing up at a tournament is by far the fastest way to get in touch with the local scene
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
August 06 2013 17:44 GMT
#644
On August 04 2013 22:03 Roggay wrote:
Awww, I have to motivate some of my friends to play smash again. This makes me want to play it so much, but no-one is still playing where I live.


Check out this Switzerland facebook melee group Hopefully you have someone to play with who doesn't live too far away

https://www.facebook.com/groups/218742101607432/
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
October 13 2013 12:47 GMT
#645
9 episode documentary just dropped

well worth the watch

eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-13 17:39:48
October 13 2013 13:32 GMT
#646
On October 13 2013 21:47 oscar62 wrote:
9 episode documentary just dropped

well worth the watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgWH-qXpv8

Damn this is actually really cool. Thanks for posting it.

Easily worth the watch for any other smash nerds out there, even if you suck like me :D

edit: holy shit theres more yesssssssssssss
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
October 13 2013 15:52 GMT
#647
On October 13 2013 21:47 oscar62 wrote:
9 episode documentary just dropped

well worth the watch

Apparently the music that first comes to mind when you think about Japan is Gee.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
October 13 2013 16:52 GMT
#648
This documentary is so goooood! Love SSBM.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
October 13 2013 17:13 GMT
#649
On October 14 2013 00:52 spinesheath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 21:47 oscar62 wrote:
9 episode documentary just dropped

well worth the watch

Apparently the music that first comes to mind when you think about Japan is Gee.



:3

also, yeah this documentary is pretty awesome, just watched through every episode... there goes my morning
:)
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
October 14 2013 00:31 GMT
#650
Cool docu but a warning is in order, once you start watching your probably stuck for 4? hours lol.
knuckle
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 01:14:56
October 14 2013 01:06 GMT
#651
Amazing documentary, I found the first 4 to be really good and it got rather weak in the middle and then started to pick up again during Revival and the ending about Mango. I really like the story around Ken and the east and west coast rivalry. I found it to show a lot of contrast between BW and it transition to sc2.
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
October 14 2013 02:16 GMT
#652
wowowow TBH3 pretty good

+ Show Spoiler +

mew2king finally gets over his hbox block
Writer
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
October 14 2013 08:02 GMT
#653
double post, but...

I just watched the documentary. I really liked it

only complaint: it was missing Wombo Combo
Writer
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
October 15 2013 00:46 GMT
#654
On October 14 2013 17:02 ]343[ wrote:
double post, but...

I just watched the documentary. I really liked it

only complaint: it was missing Wombo Combo

Yeah the documentary kicked ass, but I was actually kinda surprised that there was no wombo combo reference.

I was positive I was gonna see the video at some point...

LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
October 16 2013 06:19 GMT
#655
This shit was good :D Makes me wanna play melee again
Jaedong :3
RagequitBM
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada2270 Posts
October 18 2013 03:39 GMT
#656
Wow one of the greatest videos I've watched in a while. I do have a couple of complaints:
1. Too much Chillindude, he was annoying in my opinion
2. Not enough Ken. He had the best interview scenes I think.
3. Sad there were no Azen interview clips. Probably not their fault though
Still a fantastic video, and one I would recommend everyone to watch.
Twitch.tv/Ragequitbm for all the fans
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
October 18 2013 03:52 GMT
#657
On Part 7. This is amazing. Not high quality or anything production wise, but the narrative is great.

Also I just realized that Ken is the guy from Survivor. I didn't put two and two together.

Chillendude or whatever annoyed me when he started talking about how he disliked Mew2King for being a nerd and making Melee look bad by default. Coming from a guy who named himself Chillindude and only wore Green Bay Packers shirts in every live event highlight of him.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
October 18 2013 05:03 GMT
#658
Pretty awesome documentary. Thanks for posting that.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
zuqbu
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany797 Posts
October 18 2013 09:51 GMT
#659
i don't know anything about SSMB, but i really enjoy the smash bros. documentary. wouldn't have known anything about it without TL or this thread. thank you so much.
o_O
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
October 18 2013 09:52 GMT
#660
On October 13 2013 21:47 oscar62 wrote:
9 episode documentary just dropped

well worth the watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgWH-qXpv8


LOL i love that moment where hes like "now, he will try"
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 257
NeuroSwarm 193
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21118
Dewaltoss 140
Bale 48
Noble 7
Icarus 5
League of Legends
JimRising 823
Other Games
summit1g14386
Sick1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 19
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2116
League of Legends
• Lourlo1093
• Rush679
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 12m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 12m
Replay Cast
18h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.