• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:37
CEST 15:37
KST 22:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9405 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion - Page 34

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
trias_e
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
October 18 2013 10:14 GMT
#661
On October 18 2013 18:51 zuqbu wrote:
i don't know anything about SSMB, but i really enjoy the smash bros. documentary. wouldn't have known anything about it without TL or this thread. thank you so much.


This. I had no idea how cool this game was. Props to the documentary director!
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-18 12:05:40
October 18 2013 12:02 GMT
#662
Just watched the documentary. It literally brought a tear to my eye. I hope our SC community can eventually produce something so beautiful.

Makes me wonder what the fate of SC2 is, and feel kinda bad for SC2's role in the decline of BW.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
October 18 2013 12:14 GMT
#663
Watched the documentary and this makes me wonder how cool it would have been to have a ssbm proleague in korea :D
When will be the next tournament though? I cant wait for it now ^^
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
October 18 2013 12:16 GMT
#664
i played this game a ton during college, won my local college tournaments, but never really played competitively but followed the scene back then. it was really mind blowing watching these guys play and its great seeing this doc, one of the best i've seen about video games. really well done.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
October 18 2013 16:40 GMT
#665
Is anyone going to the Dustbowl Championships on Saturday in Syracuse?
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
October 18 2013 17:07 GMT
#666
Crownless
Main: Fox/Falco, Shiek for counterpicking Jiggs
Active: Tourneys '04-'08. Switched to Brawl, then quit
Achievements: Beat Boss in a Bo3 (once). Grew up in the DC area, so local tourneys were the most stacked on the planet. Routinely ran into KM, Chu Dat, Azen, Kirbster, G Reg, and Meep at *local* tourneys.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
scDeluX
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada1341 Posts
October 18 2013 17:26 GMT
#667
Loved it, coudn't stop watching !
Brood War is forever
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
October 18 2013 17:30 GMT
#668
On October 18 2013 12:39 RagequitBM wrote:
Wow one of the greatest videos I've watched in a while. I do have a couple of complaints:
1. Too much Chillindude, he was annoying in my opinion
2. Not enough Ken. He had the best interview scenes I think.
3. Sad there were no Azen interview clips. Probably not their fault though
Still a fantastic video, and one I would recommend everyone to watch.


Ya, I found the beginning part about ken to be THE most interesting. Insight on his life and his mind set during the time really was good. He was definitely the most interesting character in that documentary. I dislike chillindude because he called Mew2King a nerd -_-'
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
AnotherRandom
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada81 Posts
October 18 2013 17:34 GMT
#669
So I learned that americans are disrespectful obnoxious hero-haters. The documentary was fantastic and the music and directing was fantastic, but all in all I am just disgusted by how utterly disrespectful the community has been to the top players throughout the history of the game. You have an immature asshole like Mang0 who gets worshipped with "Mango Nation" and then you have people like Ken or Hungry Box who get hated because of their skills or how they apply them. Socialism ftl.
Teamliquid is one of the dumbest gaming communities on the internet.
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
October 18 2013 19:25 GMT
#670
On October 19 2013 02:34 AnotherRandom wrote:
So I learned that americans are disrespectful obnoxious hero-haters. The documentary was fantastic and the music and directing was fantastic, but all in all I am just disgusted by how utterly disrespectful the community has been to the top players throughout the history of the game. You have an immature asshole like Mang0 who gets worshipped with "Mango Nation" and then you have people like Ken or Hungry Box who get hated because of their skills or how they apply them. Socialism ftl.


Not trying to be stereotypical but it seem this is just how the fighting game community is. Correct me if I am wrong since I am still fairly new to the fighting game community. I see a similar trend in MvC3 with the whole Chris G. Morrigan+doom. That video really made the spectator of SSBM looks bad while making Ken look like a mentally damaged champion.
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 18 2013 19:31 GMT
#671
On October 14 2013 00:52 spinesheath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2013 21:47 oscar62 wrote:
9 episode documentary just dropped

well worth the watch

Apparently the music that first comes to mind when you think about Japan is Gee.

Some guy donated like 150 bucks, with a single request for the documentary, and that was to have Gee playing in at least a part in one of the episodes, they thought it was most appropriate in that transition scene. On the remastered/DVD that's being sent to all the donators, it's going to be replaced.
liftlift > tsm
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
October 18 2013 20:46 GMT
#672
This doc is pretty good
but when they go to japan they play a kpop song lol
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
October 18 2013 22:04 GMT
#673
I dunno, I thought Ken was sorta arrogant (but maybe I'm biased from what he said at Kings of Cali...)

still, when you're so dominant, I guess you kinda have that right
Writer
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 18 2013 23:47 GMT
#674
Man. Episode 3 was the best, all the Isai feelz.
liftlift > tsm
Sigrun
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1655 Posts
October 19 2013 04:51 GMT
#675
On October 19 2013 04:25 SheaR619 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 02:34 AnotherRandom wrote:
So I learned that americans are disrespectful obnoxious hero-haters. The documentary was fantastic and the music and directing was fantastic, but all in all I am just disgusted by how utterly disrespectful the community has been to the top players throughout the history of the game. You have an immature asshole like Mang0 who gets worshipped with "Mango Nation" and then you have people like Ken or Hungry Box who get hated because of their skills or how they apply them. Socialism ftl.


Not trying to be stereotypical but it seem this is just how the fighting game community is. Correct me if I am wrong since I am still fairly new to the fighting game community. I see a similar trend in MvC3 with the whole Chris G. Morrigan+doom. That video really made the spectator of SSBM looks bad while making Ken look like a mentally damaged champion.

This is not just a fighting game community thing, it actually happened in Brood War as well. I remember people hated iloveoov, Savior, and even Flash for no reason other than how dominant they were.
Graphics
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
October 19 2013 04:54 GMT
#676
Is it really hate? If a player or team is top dog then I usually root for whoever is challenging them. This goes for video games and "real" sports as well. When one person fails, generally another succeeds.
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-20 14:07:42
October 19 2013 14:18 GMT
#677
I really liked this documentary. I only wish they had a segment on Armada at the end, because I was curious about his background. They just gloss over him being such a dominant force for the last few years.
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
October 19 2013 17:51 GMT
#678
On October 19 2013 13:51 Sigrun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 04:25 SheaR619 wrote:
On October 19 2013 02:34 AnotherRandom wrote:
So I learned that americans are disrespectful obnoxious hero-haters. The documentary was fantastic and the music and directing was fantastic, but all in all I am just disgusted by how utterly disrespectful the community has been to the top players throughout the history of the game. You have an immature asshole like Mang0 who gets worshipped with "Mango Nation" and then you have people like Ken or Hungry Box who get hated because of their skills or how they apply them. Socialism ftl.


Not trying to be stereotypical but it seem this is just how the fighting game community is. Correct me if I am wrong since I am still fairly new to the fighting game community. I see a similar trend in MvC3 with the whole Chris G. Morrigan+doom. That video really made the spectator of SSBM looks bad while making Ken look like a mentally damaged champion.

This is not just a fighting game community thing, it actually happened in Brood War as well. I remember people hated iloveoov, Savior, and even Flash for no reason other than how dominant they were.


When you are referencing BW, were you talking about the fans in america or the fans in korea being like this? I would assume it just the american audience since asian country try to be more subtle about their opinion right? Or was the asian scene just as bad when voicing their opinion on a champion that has dominated the scene for such a long time.
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
October 19 2013 18:14 GMT
#679
Just finished it, was really great.
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
October 19 2013 19:12 GMT
#680
On October 20 2013 02:51 SheaR619 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 13:51 Sigrun wrote:
On October 19 2013 04:25 SheaR619 wrote:
On October 19 2013 02:34 AnotherRandom wrote:
So I learned that americans are disrespectful obnoxious hero-haters. The documentary was fantastic and the music and directing was fantastic, but all in all I am just disgusted by how utterly disrespectful the community has been to the top players throughout the history of the game. You have an immature asshole like Mang0 who gets worshipped with "Mango Nation" and then you have people like Ken or Hungry Box who get hated because of their skills or how they apply them. Socialism ftl.


Not trying to be stereotypical but it seem this is just how the fighting game community is. Correct me if I am wrong since I am still fairly new to the fighting game community. I see a similar trend in MvC3 with the whole Chris G. Morrigan+doom. That video really made the spectator of SSBM looks bad while making Ken look like a mentally damaged champion.

This is not just a fighting game community thing, it actually happened in Brood War as well. I remember people hated iloveoov, Savior, and even Flash for no reason other than how dominant they were.


When you are referencing BW, were you talking about the fans in america or the fans in korea being like this? I would assume it just the american audience since asian country try to be more subtle about their opinion right? Or was the asian scene just as bad when voicing their opinion on a champion that has dominated the scene for such a long time.

korean netizen comments are at least 10x worse than the shit redditors say, even during the brood war era
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1470
WardiTV739
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6331
Bisu 2574
Jaedong 1048
EffOrt 599
Horang2 404
Mini 363
actioN 297
ggaemo 213
ZerO 201
Larva 196
[ Show more ]
Mind 97
Pusan 84
Yoon 79
Shinee 68
Sharp 62
Snow 62
Bale 54
hero 52
Barracks 52
Hyun 51
Dewaltoss 48
ToSsGirL 40
sorry 40
NotJumperer 22
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 12
Noble 10
zelot 10
NaDa 9
Icarus 9
Rock 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4058
qojqva1847
Dendi1009
Counter-Strike
markeloff90
Other Games
olofmeister1158
hiko841
B2W.Neo610
Lowko356
crisheroes302
DeMusliM242
Pyrionflax192
Livibee163
Hui .136
Liquid`VortiX115
XBOCT99
QueenE86
Mew2King63
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV712
League of Legends
• Jankos2000
• Nemesis1865
• TFBlade470
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 24m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.