• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9534 users

The HuK Fan Club - Page 212

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 342 Next
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
August 16 2011 22:16 GMT
#4221
I'm worried that HuK will decline as a player simply because he's living with IdrA and PuMa instead of the entire oGs house. Hopefully he'll still be able to practice with all of them, but it's not the same as being in the same room.
Yamulo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2096 Posts
August 16 2011 22:19 GMT
#4222
On August 17 2011 06:51 Fus wrote:
Now IdrA isn't the teams best player anymore :D

When Puma joined Idra wasn't the best player anymore.. Oh well Best of luck HuK
~~~Liquid Fighting (SC2)~~~
Kiangani
Profile Joined April 2011
United States122 Posts
August 16 2011 22:23 GMT
#4223
I think HuK will make this work. Sure he won't be in the oGsTL house anymore but he'll still have all his friends there to practice with. People practice with non-team members all the time, look at any interview after any GSL match... It's not as good as being in the house with them, but I'm sure Top, Inca, MC, etc. will all still be willing to practice with Huk. Puma and Idra are nothing to shake a stick at either.
"david some do it T>T" - The Emperor, SlayerS BoxeR, MLG Pro Circuit 2011 Anaheim
LiGhtoftheSwaRm
Profile Joined September 2010
United States39 Posts
August 16 2011 22:26 GMT
#4224
On August 17 2011 07:16 HolyArrow wrote:
I'm worried that HuK will decline as a player simply because he's living with IdrA and PuMa instead of the entire oGs house. Hopefully he'll still be able to practice with all of them, but it's not the same as being in the same room.


I just don't understand this at all. Because of these past few days, as well as Huk's performance in the past few months I have become a fan; however, some people on the forum here are doing a great disservice to HuK as a player to immidietly assume his skill level will suffer atrophy for the express reason that he will no longer be in the TL-oGs house.

HuK is where he is now through hard work and extreme perseverence, to think any different would be a knock on HuK himself. I understand how valuable strong practice partners can be in achieving such a goal, but let's be frankly honest, there is a certain amount of talent and aptitude that plays a large part in this process as well. Players like HuK (as well I believe someone like IdrA) understand the game at a different level than many other foreigners. This is why we have not seen similiar results from Haypro and from Jinro (recently, as much as I love the guy,) who have been in the exact same environment as HuK.

IdrA left Korea 6 months ago because he was virtually alone, he wasn't really living with anyone and was not in a Team House environment, but he STILL was able to qualify and maintain a position in Code S despite these factors. Why? He was devoted to Starcraft at that time, and nothing else was on his mind. Also he had many Korean practice partners from various teams who were more than willing to help him train for various matchups as it was mutually beneficial for them. In the same way, HuK as long as he stays in Korea and stays FOCUSED will suffer no atrophy in his game play as long as his focus stays on improving his own skill level.

All in all, I find this baseless criticism of HuK's decision to go to EG as a future loss in ability to be rooted in the fact TL members just can't come to grips with the fact there might be better situations for some players outside of what to them has become a storied experience in Korea with the TL-oGs team house. I don't believe this decision by HuK was made simply because of the money (though I'm sure it played a large part,) but it is quite possible that he felt he would have more opportunities to win tournaments in the future by joining EG. Which, if you are a fan of HuK and think he is a good player, then you should too. If you think however, that he will suffer atrophy and will simply be a terrible player now because he no longer is a member of your precious Liquid, then I guess we know what you were a fan of in the first place.
LittleAtari
Profile Joined August 2010
Jordan1090 Posts
August 16 2011 22:30 GMT
#4225
Re-post of what i said in the farewell thread because I think Huk reads his fanclub thread more:

Huk, there was a time where I didnt even know what a build order was. I downloaded a bunch of your games and learned a lot. Starting from then, you have become my favorite player and will continue to be so. I know people say that you shouldn't do things for the money, but that phrase just seems so greedy because we know that it's not necessarily about acquiring more money. It's about the comfort that comes with it. I'm sure now you'll have the funds and the means to visit your family and friends more. You've been a great inspiration. If you stay the way are, no matter which team your on, it will show great maturity and I will respect you even more.

As for Liquid, you guys are heroes as well. This is hard, but I know that there's more than enough talent on Liquid, that the team and organization can one day grow to rival EG.

Liquid FIGHTING!
HuK FIGHTING!


In addition, it'll be rough now, but more people will come to accept it soon. Hang in there Huk and be the best that you can be.
ZeroCartin
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2390 Posts
August 16 2011 22:32 GMT
#4226
Huk will remain as my favorite protoss of all time no matter in which team he is. Huk Fighting!
"My sister is on vacation in Costa Rica right now. I hope she stays a while because she's a miserable cunt." -pubbanana
Trusty
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand520 Posts
August 16 2011 22:33 GMT
#4227
On August 17 2011 06:28 cavalier117 wrote:
EG-Has Justin Wong, the most popular figure in the fighting scene. only Diago compares(but noone knows who he even is sadly)


Best be trollin' son...

Daigo, is far and away, better than Justin Wong.
felizuno
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States164 Posts
August 16 2011 22:35 GMT
#4228
Huk I love you, I really don't care what team you're on as long as you get to keep being yourself and doing it your way. I really respect your work ethic and I believe in your ability to succeed in any environment. I know it can be a nervous moment when a dollar figure has a play in your decision making, but you (not the money) control your future. In the end dollars are really just icing on the cake that is your career, something you would have done anyways that worked out to be profitable.

Please please please continue IdrA rivalry! I know he was always more into it than you, but it makes me laugh because you are clearly better than him which makes it priceless.
Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
August 16 2011 22:35 GMT
#4229
Can't cheer for HuK anymore, I will never cheer for and/or support EG or EG players.

It just goes against my souuuuul

GL HF in future etc. -.-
HuKPOWA
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1604 Posts
August 16 2011 22:37 GMT
#4230
On August 17 2011 07:35 nvs. wrote:
Can't cheer for HuK anymore, I will never cheer for and/or support EG or EG players.

It just goes against my souuuuul

GL HF in future etc. -.-


ugh ppl come into the "fan Club" to say this lol...
hansonslee
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States2027 Posts
August 16 2011 22:40 GMT
#4231
Where is HuK going to live then? I hope he isn't pulling out of Korea b.c we need him to be our foreign representative in the GSL.
Seed's # 1 fan!!! #ForVengeance
Xadar
Profile Joined October 2010
497 Posts
August 16 2011 22:41 GMT
#4232
On August 17 2011 07:35 nvs. wrote:
Can't cheer for HuK anymore, I will never cheer for and/or support EG or EG players.

It just goes against my souuuuul

GL HF in future etc. -.-

Damn, im sure Huk really cared about the support from a random forum guy

On topic: Nice, Huk and Idra living in one house, im sure theyll be fine though, that rivalry was pretty overhyped.
FlyingSheeps
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada204 Posts
August 16 2011 22:42 GMT
#4233
Team EG or Team Liquid Huk Fighting for life.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 22:50:19
August 16 2011 22:44 GMT
#4234
On August 17 2011 07:26 LiGhtoftheSwaRm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 07:16 HolyArrow wrote:
I'm worried that HuK will decline as a player simply because he's living with IdrA and PuMa instead of the entire oGs house. Hopefully he'll still be able to practice with all of them, but it's not the same as being in the same room.


I just don't understand this at all. Because of these past few days, as well as Huk's performance in the past few months I have become a fan; however, some people on the forum here are doing a great disservice to HuK as a player to immidietly assume his skill level will suffer atrophy for the express reason that he will no longer be in the TL-oGs house.

HuK is where he is now through hard work and extreme perseverence, to think any different would be a knock on HuK himself. I understand how valuable strong practice partners can be in achieving such a goal, but let's be frankly honest, there is a certain amount of talent and aptitude that plays a large part in this process as well. Players like HuK (as well I believe someone like IdrA) understand the game at a different level than many other foreigners. This is why we have not seen similiar results from Haypro and from Jinro (recently, as much as I love the guy,) who have been in the exact same environment as HuK.

IdrA left Korea 6 months ago because he was virtually alone, he wasn't really living with anyone and was not in a Team House environment, but he STILL was able to qualify and maintain a position in Code S despite these factors. Why? He was devoted to Starcraft at that time, and nothing else was on his mind. Also he had many Korean practice partners from various teams who were more than willing to help him train for various matchups as it was mutually beneficial for them. In the same way, HuK as long as he stays in Korea and stays FOCUSED will suffer no atrophy in his game play as long as his focus stays on improving his own skill level.

All in all, I find this baseless criticism of HuK's decision to go to EG as a future loss in ability to be rooted in the fact TL members just can't come to grips with the fact there might be better situations for some players outside of what to them has become a storied experience in Korea with the TL-oGs team house. I don't believe this decision by HuK was made simply because of the money (though I'm sure it played a large part,) but it is quite possible that he felt he would have more opportunities to win tournaments in the future by joining EG. Which, if you are a fan of HuK and think he is a good player, then you should too. If you think however, that he will suffer atrophy and will simply be a terrible player now because he no longer is a member of your precious Liquid, then I guess we know what you were a fan of in the first place.


I don't agree with your argument, nor do I appreciate your insinuations that I'm not a true fan of HuK. I want to see HuK succeed and I am happy for him that he's going to get some good money for joining EG, but I believe that my concerns are perfectly warranted. Your points about dedication, talent, and focus being some of the most important factors in determining how good a player gets are true, but I believe that you also underplay the importance of a good practice environment, and that's the only thing I'm addressing here.

Your point about IdrA is invalid because it doesn't even address my point. You say he went to Korea and did reasonably well despite being virtually alone. Sure, I agree with that. But what if IdrA was living with a Korean team, in a house with a bunch of players as good as or better than him? If that were the case, I argue that he would have become even stronger.

We can consider the overall development of a player depending on a combination of many factors: dedication, talent, practice environment, and more. When one of those is affected, the overall development is also affected. That's all I'm saying, but it seems like you felt the need to go off on a rant about how people don't appreciate HuK's talent and dedication in some big bizarre irrelevant strawman that has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make. HuK's talent and dedication remain, and will continue to aid him in his development as a player, but you can't deny that his new practice environment appears to be inferior (a house full of talented players versus a house with only 2: IdrA and PuMa) and that I am perfectly reasonable in stating that I worry that his development as a player will be adversely affected due to that change.
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
August 16 2011 22:44 GMT
#4235
I'm not cheering for the team, I am cheering for the player - ♥ HuK.

Also I don't think I'm on the fan club list. Sign me up there.
Mr. Black
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States470 Posts
August 16 2011 22:44 GMT
#4236
HuK - You have been awesome for Liquid and you will be awesome for EG. You are one of the only protoss players I root for. Good luck.

To the haters: HuK did not make this decision lightly. Pro players need to follow the money as tomorrow is never guaranteed for an athlete.
Make more anything.
Yamulo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2096 Posts
August 16 2011 22:45 GMT
#4237
Oh well, I have realized now that Huk is better off and I wish him the best of luck... I just hope he doesn't play vs liquid in the GCPL.... Because that will be weird since he is the only player I like on EG. Also, I now have to lose a point to take huk off my fantasy GSTL team.... >_> ! Huk fighting.
~~~Liquid Fighting (SC2)~~~
Tekkerz
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom216 Posts
August 16 2011 22:54 GMT
#4238
On August 17 2011 07:41 Xadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 07:35 nvs. wrote:
Can't cheer for HuK anymore, I will never cheer for and/or support EG or EG players.

It just goes against my souuuuul

GL HF in future etc. -.-

Damn, im sure Huk really cared about the support from a random forum guy

On topic: Nice, Huk and Idra living in one house, im sure theyll be fine though, that rivalry was pretty overhyped.


You are one of those random forum guys.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
August 16 2011 22:59 GMT
#4239
IEM is tomorrow. At last year's IEM, Huk lost to Artosis, Huk has come a long way :'(.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
August 16 2011 23:00 GMT
#4240
On August 17 2011 06:28 cavalier117 wrote:
"Can there be successful esports organizations without successful esports? That's something the west never really had in the first place, not in small part due to the superficial and greedy understanding of "business" that people at the forefront of western esports always seem to have."

the west never had a big sports scene bc bw started before the age of internet in every household, and when there was internet, noone gave a shit about an antiquated game like BW. "moral business models" had nothing to do with it. but then you say that the korean model is the best way to do it to make esports successful. Reality check. Korea's "model" is failing and the they are falling off. (hence all the TSL crying and all the Korean teams dropping out of the NASL bc of lack of money) so what model works again? oh yea. the obvious one.


I can't believe you're even trying to argue that western esports model is successful in any way, shape or form, while the Korean model that has brought e-sports at NATIONAL LEVEL and kept it there for a DECADE based almost on one single game unsupported by the developers is "falling off" just because Brood War can't push its age for what... 15, 20, 50 years and because the Korean scene is undergoing a major transition right now...

Don't be silly.

We can talk about reality checks when any western e-sport bubble survives and thrives past like TWO years with reasonably high level organization, let alone becomes anywhere close to mainstream for a decade.

Oh, and I'm not advocating business based on morals at all. Just long term sustainability. Teams like EG and SK can sustain themselves by jumping wagons from one hot esport title to the other and reaping the benefits. They are not in any way invested and couldn't care less about long term survival of Starcraft 2, it's just one game in the line for them - they will exploit the publicity it until it's no longer worth it, and then move to Dota 2, the new CS thing or whatever comes out next, because there's always the next big bubble.

What makes Korean model WORK in a long run is that all the pro teams stick together and are very much directly invested in keeping, growing and protecting the (BW) scene, instead of greedily leeching off of each other until there's nothing left anymore.

Talking about real world requires considering real facts. Real facts say that the way many people and organizations involved in western esports behave and do business is bad for everyone except themselves, and especially, you know, actual fans...
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 342 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.