• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:18
CEST 22:18
KST 05:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8929 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 59

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
April 18 2011 23:39 GMT
#1161
I like many haven't read the books, and I was worried things would seem confusing without a book's pace and explanation. But sex, murder, blue-eyed nazgul-like people? This shit's awesome :D
Sup.
AUGcodon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada536 Posts
April 18 2011 23:43 GMT
#1162
On April 19 2011 07:51 floor exercise wrote:
I think the absolute worst part was Sandor Clegane's fucking helmet with that cheesy music playing in the background. He looked like one of the bad guys from Power Rangers or something. There's a part after they all rein in their horses where I swear the actor is completely lost and disoriented because of that stupid ass helmet.

Oh and the white cloaks present are wearing alien invader helmets too


Oh cmon that is just nitpicking now considering all the awesome effort going into details for everything else.
2809-8732-2116/ Fighting/ Mienfoo, Tyrogue, Sawk
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
April 19 2011 00:13 GMT
#1163
The hound looking ridiculous is part of his character.
+ Show Spoiler +
joffrey treats him as an inhuman creature most of the time and only refers to him in dog-like language, especially early on. i'm fairly certain that he dresses him to look ridiculous in the novels as well
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
April 19 2011 00:19 GMT
#1164
Never read the books, followed the first episode fine. Looking forward to the rest
Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 00:55:01
April 19 2011 00:52 GMT
#1165
On April 19 2011 07:28 Robstickle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 07:23 Ace wrote:
On April 19 2011 07:11 Daliniues wrote:
Oh my Golly! I haven't even heard joffrey's character say a word yet + Show Spoiler +
And I already can't wait until he dies.


+ Show Spoiler +


I just realized they didn't have the confrontation scene with Robb, Joffrey, and the Hound while Jon looks on with Arya and their wolves. Damn :/



They can still fit that in next episode, we can hope.

Did anyone spot Tommen and his sister btw? I'm sure they were missing.

You can see them get out of the wheel-house with Cersei when the king's party arrives at Winterfell.

Edit: Oops I guess someone already answered this.
Layden
Profile Joined September 2010
United States45 Posts
April 19 2011 01:22 GMT
#1166
On April 19 2011 09:19 vol_ wrote:
Never read the books, followed the first episode fine. Looking forward to the rest


I'm in the same boat, I was watching it because I don't think HBO can do wrong with any of thier dramas. I loved Rome, Deadwood, The Sopranos, and Boardwalk Empire. They know how to make a series. Having said that I did not have a problem following the story, but like The Sopranos I'll prolly have to watch a few shows an extra time or two to get names/relationships down. The cinematography is very well done. I'm hooked.
hugedong
Profile Joined June 2010
United States510 Posts
April 19 2011 01:29 GMT
#1167
Can this thread just be about the show and not put book spoilers everywhere? I'm sure there is a book thread somewhere.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
April 19 2011 01:34 GMT
#1168
On April 19 2011 10:29 hugedong wrote:
Can this thread just be about the show and not put book spoilers everywhere? I'm sure there is a book thread somewhere.


If you read the OP this originally was hype bout the show and had book spoilers. I believe that the OP still contains that warning.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
SpectralFremen
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia386 Posts
April 19 2011 01:45 GMT
#1169
God damn Dany is hot. I think the actor for her brother did a brilliant job too, came across as a grade A psychopath.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere"
Eishi_Ki
Profile Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1667 Posts
April 19 2011 01:49 GMT
#1170
On April 19 2011 10:45 SpectralFremen wrote:
God damn Dany is hot. I think the actor for her brother did a brilliant job too, came across as a grade A psychopath.


He was great when he was in Dr Who as well, you should check it out

And yes, Dany is hot, dunno if we will find much opposition to this hah
Rising_Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States370 Posts
April 19 2011 02:13 GMT
#1171
On April 19 2011 10:45 SpectralFremen wrote:
God damn Dany is hot. I think the actor for her brother did a brilliant job too, came across as a grade A psychopath.

I agree Dany is incredibly attractive, and her brother did a pretty good job.

That being said, the music is synthesized orchestral crap. This isn't a big deal to most people since they listen to this music all the time, but for me it always sticks out like a sore thumb and really removes the authenticity of the show. This is more a personal complaint than an actual complaint.

They did the transitions really well. Instead of simply cutting they did their best to transition between characters and scenes. The book does a better job but it's easier to segue in writing than in a show.

I'm still on the ropes on the actors. They feel pretty stiff but there isn't much time in the show to really develop them. I feel like I'm only getting glimpses rather than really understanding their character. However, having read the books I'm used to spending a lot more time understanding the characters.

Ned Stark by Sean Bean doesn't work for me. Not that Sean isn't a fantastic actor, but because Ned's character doesn't fit. Sean portrays him as an ultra awesome bad ass, a good father figure, and so on. However, I feel like it isn't as good as it could be. Ned always seemed to me too rigid to really accept what is happening or that people quest for power. Now there's a ton more story and maybe that will make Ned seem a bit more in character but right now he seems TOO good in a fashion and not overly moral and honorable to a fault.

Caitlyn Stark doesn't seem pretty enough or really royal, but I guess it makes sense from an actor storypoint.

I REALLY like Jaime and Cersei's actors. They do really well showing their characters, as Jaime wears himself on his sleave and Cersei's is gorgeous and obviously has other things on her mind.

I'm really excited to see what will happen in the next episodes, though, and will keep watching avidly.
Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes
deth
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia1757 Posts
April 19 2011 02:25 GMT
#1172
Showed it to my mum, dad and 10-15 of my friends, everyone loved it :3
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
April 19 2011 04:52 GMT
#1173
I started reading the book today and I am about 300 pages or half way done. In regards to the sexual parts of the book and TV program: I personally think that the story isn't sexual so much as it wildly suggestive. Also, has anyone noticed the huge age problem that the book presents? I mean, on the one hand, I get that the setting is European middle ages and stuff but I constantly feel like all the children are 3-5 years too young.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
April 19 2011 07:06 GMT
#1174
some of the acting felt a bit forced, particularly those 1-liners from novels. The music was uninspiring and un-noteworthy, what with the recent switch in composers, the new guy having a short time to write the score was clearly evident. And the dothraki, mostly the extras at the wedding celebration, didn't feel believable as a savage/warlike nomadic people..just looked like a lot of normal western looking people in makeup and costume. I also still dislike the casting choice for Cersei, Lena Headey is far from what I imagined for her. And of course the wolves are plainly just dogs, but I suppose that couldn't be helped. As others have noted, I do not understand and dislike how they changed the post-dothraki wedding encounter. In the books, Drogo is much more gentle and tender, and it becomes more consensual as he helps her relax. In the show it's totally different, she's crying throughout and he's more rough and sudden.

But most of the casting is spot on, the sets and shooting locations were beautiful and well done. Costume design and production on the whole was excellent. And I have hope that the actors will gradually become more comfortable in their roles as the series progresses, and the show will really get into its own element. I do realize how critical I am being, and how high my expectations were. It's just the first episode, I'm still very excited to see the rest of the series. Also I hear it's very likely they'll pickup season 2, although last night's low ratings might change that, hopefully not.
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Zeburial
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden1126 Posts
April 19 2011 08:35 GMT
#1175
Anyone got the ratings for the first episode?
Empires are not brought down by outside forces - they are destroyed by weaknesses from within
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 08:42:13
April 19 2011 08:39 GMT
#1176
Agreed about Lena Headey not being the right choice for Cersei. I love Lena Headey but she's totally opposite to the character. Cersei is not meant to be as introspective and perceiving; one of her biggest flaws is that she is blind to her own place in things even as she schemes with others' lives. Lena Headey has eyes of knowledge and wisdom - which made her perfect as Sarah Connor. She is just misplaced here; I feel that she would have made an awesome Catelyn.
Abysus
Profile Joined November 2010
United States67 Posts
April 19 2011 08:48 GMT
#1177
On April 19 2011 17:35 Zeburial wrote:
Anyone got the ratings for the first episode?


The prelimenary metered market numbers has it at a 1.6 household rating (about 1.9 million homes, not people, viewers will be higher since more than one person per household can watch). HBO will more than likely have a press release in the afternoon pst time on tuesday with the official numbers.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 19 2011 08:59 GMT
#1178
On April 19 2011 17:39 snotboogie wrote:
Agreed about Lena Headey not being the right choice for Cersei. I love Lena Headey but she's totally opposite to the character. Cersei is not meant to be as introspective and perceiving; one of her biggest flaws is that she is blind to her own place in things even as she schemes with others' lives. Lena Headey has eyes of knowledge and wisdom - which made her perfect as Sarah Connor. She is just misplaced here; I feel that she would have made an awesome Catelyn.

No, she is too young for Catelyn.
For me Lana is not good for the role because she is not beautiful enough, and not sexy enough.
Zeroes
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
April 19 2011 09:00 GMT
#1179
On April 19 2011 07:41 Moonquake wrote:
DAE else who read the books think
+ Show Spoiler +
that it will be difficult to attract an audience with nothing ever going well for any of the characters? I know it's in some ways a major point of the book, but I seriously wonder if people will tune in every week as their favorite characters are killed off or put in worse and worse positions.


Things do go well for some of the characters in the book but people tend to focus on the negative rather than the positive points. Also it is what makes the series so great you don't know who will be killed off at any point of the story. Nowadays movies and sitcoms almost always have the protagonist survive till the end which makes it way too predictable for the older audience.
Check out my SC Lan pics Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bunk.habit
iRRelevance
Profile Joined June 2009
Romania725 Posts
April 19 2011 09:13 GMT
#1180
Map of the kingdom :

HERE
"You can ... draw sounds ?"
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O103
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason98
Railgan 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16308
Mini 358
Dewaltoss 170
ggaemo 129
Hyuk 128
ZZZero.O 103
firebathero 100
Terrorterran 18
Dota 2
febbydoto34
League of Legends
Doublelift2149
Counter-Strike
Fnx 887
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5015
Liquid`Hasu898
crisheroes878
Other Games
summit1g5270
FrodaN2749
fl0m1004
Beastyqt856
mouzStarbuck314
KnowMe299
ArmadaUGS128
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream51
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 94
• Adnapsc2 19
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• 80smullet 22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10276
Other Games
• imaqtpie830
• Shiphtur267
• tFFMrPink 20
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 42m
INu's Battles
15h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 42m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.