• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:41
CEST 15:41
KST 22:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9174 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 58

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 22:05:47
April 18 2011 22:05 GMT
#1141
Another thing that I think shouldn't have been left out + Show Spoiler +
is the conversation between Jaime and Cersi that Brann overhears. Instead it's him stumbling upon them in the midst of doing it. As opposed to him getting curious what this conversation is about and then peeking into the room.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
April 18 2011 22:06 GMT
#1142
On April 19 2011 06:55 Nevuk wrote:
The actor for Tywin Lannister is exactly what I pictured him as looking like.

Except for his eyes.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 18 2011 22:09 GMT
#1143
On April 19 2011 06:46 Doppelganger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 06:36 xDaunt wrote:
On April 19 2011 06:29 Eishi_Ki wrote:
Spoilers regarding the rest of the season, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE ENTIRE FIRST BOOK.

+ Show Spoiler +
So do you think the rest of the cast will be able to carry the program forward through multiple seasons with no Sean Bean and no Mark Addy?


+ Show Spoiler +
Yes. The actors for Tyrion and Jaime are particularly good. Though we haven't seen a lot of Jon yet, I think his actor will do just fine as well. I don't really see a weak link in the cast yet, so I think that the show will be fine once Ned and Robert eat it.



Agreed those two are really a strong part.
+ Show Spoiler +

And I think the Queen is a good choice too. It will be interesting to see how their father is portrayed. We will see an enormous amount of people coming and going. I hope there will be no major disappointments.


+ Show Spoiler +


The little girl playing Arya is absolutely perfect. Too bad Rickard wasn't shown.




Also I don't understand how anyone can complain about there being so many characters introduced. Really there were about 8 spotlight characters split between only 2 locations in 1 hour. That's very easy to follow.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Daliniues
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada117 Posts
April 18 2011 22:11 GMT
#1144
Oh my Golly! I haven't even heard joffrey's character say a word yet + Show Spoiler +
And I already can't wait until he dies.
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
April 18 2011 22:12 GMT
#1145
Not read the books yet (they've been ordered ). Enjoyed the first series, though I think the debauchery was a LITTLE over the top.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
Daliniues
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada117 Posts
April 18 2011 22:14 GMT
#1146
On April 19 2011 07:12 IMABUNNEH wrote:
though I think the debauchery was a LITTLE over the top.

Don't read the books.
xjoehammerx
Profile Joined August 2010
United States191 Posts
April 18 2011 22:16 GMT
#1147
I seriously wish everyone complaining about the nudity would just go away. Like others have said, it's funny that people complain about breasts but not severed heads and spilled guts. Get over yourselves already. If you don't like it, don't watch.
I have acquired four score and nineteen difficulties, but a wench cannot be counted amongst them.
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
April 18 2011 22:22 GMT
#1148
Hmm I'll have to check it out, read the first 4 books a few years ago and thought it was pretty good.
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 18 2011 22:23 GMT
#1149
On April 19 2011 07:11 Daliniues wrote:
Oh my Golly! I haven't even heard joffrey's character say a word yet + Show Spoiler +
And I already can't wait until he dies.


+ Show Spoiler +


I just realized they didn't have the confrontation scene with Robb, Joffrey, and the Hound while Jon looks on with Arya and their wolves. Damn :/

Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
April 18 2011 22:27 GMT
#1150
That first episode had some grade A titties. Aside from that it was pretty good at laying the foundation for some sexy intrigue. But seriously, how many sex scenes could they possibly cram into a 1 hour time slot?
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
Robstickle
Profile Joined April 2010
Great Britain406 Posts
April 18 2011 22:28 GMT
#1151
On April 19 2011 07:23 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 07:11 Daliniues wrote:
Oh my Golly! I haven't even heard joffrey's character say a word yet + Show Spoiler +
And I already can't wait until he dies.


+ Show Spoiler +


I just realized they didn't have the confrontation scene with Robb, Joffrey, and the Hound while Jon looks on with Arya and their wolves. Damn :/



They can still fit that in next episode, we can hope.

Did anyone spot Tommen and his sister btw? I'm sure they were missing.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
April 18 2011 22:37 GMT
#1152
On April 19 2011 03:34 Xinder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 03:25 Battleaxe wrote:On a side note, it took me watching the episode a second time before I figured out the relationship between the Queen and her brother, I think there was a bit too much space between the scenes with the two of them in it so it was hard to make the distinction I'm sure was otherwise clear in the books.


I'm not gonna lie, having finished the first book like 4 days ago, I recall myself wondering who those two were at that stage in the book. It took me flipping back a chapter to make the connection lol.

Same here. There are a LOT of characters to keep track off. I'm reading this on my Ziio tablet, so I can switch back & forth between the book and wikipedia if I forgot who was who..
Moonquake
Profile Joined April 2010
United States36 Posts
April 18 2011 22:41 GMT
#1153
DAE else who read the books think
+ Show Spoiler +
that it will be difficult to attract an audience with nothing ever going well for any of the characters? I know it's in some ways a major point of the book, but I seriously wonder if people will tune in every week as their favorite characters are killed off or put in worse and worse positions.
ulszz
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Jamaica1787 Posts
April 18 2011 22:41 GMT
#1154
SO awesome!!!! can't wait for more eps to come..

like someone said earlier joff hasn't said a word and i already hate his face. reading the books i don't think i fully understood the terror of the ice walkers.. lol epic beginning fuck yea!!
everliving, everfaithful, eversure
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 18 2011 22:42 GMT
#1155
On April 19 2011 07:41 Moonquake wrote:
DAE else who read the books think
+ Show Spoiler +
that it will be difficult to attract an audience with nothing ever going well for any of the characters? I know it's in some ways a major point of the book, but I seriously wonder if people will tune in every week as their favorite characters are killed off or put in worse and worse positions.


+ Show Spoiler +

Why wouldn't they? Part of the reason the series is so good is that no one is untouchable. Characters dying enhances the series. Besides there are so many main characters it won't be like the audience can't grasp onto other remaining ones.

Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 22:55:38
April 18 2011 22:51 GMT
#1156
I think the absolute worst part was Sandor Clegane's fucking helmet with that cheesy music playing in the background. He looked like one of the bad guys from Power Rangers or something. There's a part after they all rein in their horses where I swear the actor is completely lost and disoriented because of that stupid ass helmet.

Oh and the white cloaks present are wearing alien invader helmets too
maliceee
Profile Joined August 2010
United States634 Posts
April 18 2011 23:01 GMT
#1157
On April 19 2011 07:51 floor exercise wrote:
I think the absolute worst part was Sandor Clegane's fucking helmet with that cheesy music playing in the background. He looked like one of the bad guys from Power Rangers or something. There's a part after they all rein in their horses where I swear the actor is completely lost and disoriented because of that stupid ass helmet.

Oh and the white cloaks present are wearing alien invader helmets too


I kind of thought his helmet was supposed to look like that...a snarling dog. it did wobble a little bit, but not enough for me to despise it lol.
_Darwin_
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2374 Posts
April 18 2011 23:08 GMT
#1158
zz I didn't even realize it was Sandor Clegane. Now the memories flood back
I cant stop lactating
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
April 18 2011 23:30 GMT
#1159
On April 19 2011 07:28 Robstickle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 07:23 Ace wrote:
On April 19 2011 07:11 Daliniues wrote:
Oh my Golly! I haven't even heard joffrey's character say a word yet + Show Spoiler +
And I already can't wait until he dies.


+ Show Spoiler +


I just realized they didn't have the confrontation scene with Robb, Joffrey, and the Hound while Jon looks on with Arya and their wolves. Damn :/



They can still fit that in next episode, we can hope.

Did anyone spot Tommen and his sister btw? I'm sure they were missing.


They were there when Cersei exited her carriage (wheelhouse), but in the back ground like Rickon and Hodor. Which is probably a good thing for viewers for the first episode since they only gave names of characters who were important for the story at that time. Rickon was there when Robert met Ned, and was the young kid laughing while Bran was doing archery. Hodor was also in the scene where the king arrived.

HBO's viewers guide is great if you are having problems keeping track of who and where things are:
http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/#!/guide/houses/

Strayline
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States330 Posts
April 18 2011 23:37 GMT
#1160
On April 19 2011 07:14 Daliniues wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 07:12 IMABUNNEH wrote:
though I think the debauchery was a LITTLE over the top.

Don't read the books.


It's a lot less shocking when you are only reading about it but yeah... they didn't actually add any of that.
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 671
ComeBackTV 529
SteadfastSC346
TaKeTV 256
Rex94
IndyStarCraft 57
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 346
ProTech126
Rex 94
IndyStarCraft 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44231
Bisu 2471
Horang2 1354
Shuttle 922
EffOrt 784
Hyuk 605
BeSt 569
Soma 528
Light 401
Mini 399
[ Show more ]
Larva 328
Rush 231
ZerO 209
Mong 88
Leta 85
Snow 76
Sea.KH 74
Pusan 52
Mind 47
ToSsGirL 47
Sexy 42
JYJ 35
Yoon 30
Aegong 29
Bale 21
sorry 19
Terrorterran 19
Noble 13
Rock 11
Icarus 9
Trap 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6417
Counter-Strike
Fnx 768
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1529
Khaldor1016
Lowko437
Other Games
gofns31064
singsing1995
olofmeister1413
hiko561
Beastyqt462
B2W.Neo422
XaKoH 200
Livibee197
Liquid`VortiX137
Hui .131
ArmadaUGS79
Mew2King68
djWHEAT67
QueenE15
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2392
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 19m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 19m
Online Event
21h 19m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.