• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:50
CEST 06:50
KST 13:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7512 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 56

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Battleaxe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States843 Posts
April 18 2011 18:25 GMT
#1101
Going into the series blind as well, I was rather impressed with the first episode. Having friends who are pretty die hard about the series, it seemed to live up to much of what they described as going on in the books. I especially enjoyed the opening credits, seemed pretty easy to get a good feel for how the kingdom looks.

On a side note, it took me watching the episode a second time before I figured out the relationship between the Queen and her brother, I think there was a bit too much space between the scenes with the two of them in it so it was hard to make the distinction I'm sure was otherwise clear in the books.

I also feel like with the amount of characters portrayed in the series, I'm never actually going to get to know any of their names. In the books you kind of have no choice, but watching on TV makes it much easier to recognize faces now that they have associations. Anyone else think they'll have this issue as well?
Without a community, we're all just a bunch of geeks.
Googity
Profile Joined January 2011
United States127 Posts
April 18 2011 18:32 GMT
#1102
Lets see, I first heard about the show last summer when previews started popping up during Boarkwalk Empire. I just started reading the books 2 weeks ago and am currently about 3/4ths of the way through Clash of Kings. First epsiode was great. I'm pretty happy overall with the casting, the actor chosen for Tyrion is amazing. The feel of the show is great, and like others have said it's hard to fit so much into an hour long show, especially with all the characters that are introduced in just the first few chapters. The character development will come as the season goes on, I doubt George would let HBO get away with avoiding it completely. And a good sign for HBO, my girlfriend that's never heard of the books before, and tbh doesn't think too highly of the fantasy type genre, was sucked in from the start.

+ Show Spoiler +
It just sucks that Ned's character won't be around for too long Sean Bean is a great actor
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 18 2011 18:32 GMT
#1103
For the people asking questions about characters and plot: read the books or wait till future episodes. No one answering your questions can do enough justice to explain the intertwined plotlines and surprises that happen. Trust me - you're ruining it for yourself.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 18:38:02
April 18 2011 18:34 GMT
#1104
On April 19 2011 03:25 Battleaxe wrote:On a side note, it took me watching the episode a second time before I figured out the relationship between the Queen and her brother, I think there was a bit too much space between the scenes with the two of them in it so it was hard to make the distinction I'm sure was otherwise clear in the books.


I'm not gonna lie, having finished the first book like 4 days ago, I recall myself wondering who those two were at that stage in the book. It took me flipping back a chapter to make the connection lol.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
April 18 2011 18:35 GMT
#1105
On April 19 2011 03:32 Ace wrote:
For the people asking questions about characters and plot: read the books or wait till future episodes. No one answering your questions can do enough justice to explain the intertwined plotlines and surprises that happen. Trust me - you're ruining it for yourself.


I actually am thinking about buying the book today, I can't stand to not know what's going on, a true character flaw. Also, @Ace, why haven't you been talking basketball lately?!?! Playoffs!!!
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 18 2011 18:38 GMT
#1106
because the NBA thread turned to crap. No point posting there anymore ^_^

If you buy the books I hope you have a lot of free time. They are pretty long reads and very engaging. Best read them asap and then come back to post in this thread since some of the spoilers posted in here go beyond A Game Of Thrones.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
April 18 2011 18:40 GMT
#1107
Does the lannister prince kid look like brat_OK to anyone else?
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 18:52:08
April 18 2011 18:50 GMT
#1108
On April 19 2011 03:40 SiguR wrote:
Does the lannister prince kid look like brat_OK to anyone else?


Lol my thoughts exactly!

But the show is even better than I was hoping for. I can't wait for the next eps!
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 19:11:47
April 18 2011 19:07 GMT
#1109
On April 19 2011 02:27 jeremycafe wrote:
Everyone posting streams and asking/posting torrents should be banned. Lets not promote thieves on this site.

OffTopic:+ Show Spoiler +
Promote thieves on this site? While I agree with not posting torrents, please explain to me how I should watch this outside of the USA without being a "thief".

On topic, why are people asking fucking questions which would've been answered if they had paid any attention at all to what they were watching.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
April 18 2011 19:09 GMT
#1110
First episode was great, I just gotta ask can we post spoilers in this thread? If it's up to me we should be allowed because you gotta read the book or don't read this thread in the first time, but I gotta ask just to make sure.
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
April 18 2011 19:09 GMT
#1111
On April 19 2011 03:25 Battleaxe wrote:
Going into the series blind as well, I was rather impressed with the first episode. Having friends who are pretty die hard about the series, it seemed to live up to much of what they described as going on in the books. I especially enjoyed the opening credits, seemed pretty easy to get a good feel for how the kingdom looks.

On a side note, it took me watching the episode a second time before I figured out the relationship between the Queen and her brother, I think there was a bit too much space between the scenes with the two of them in it so it was hard to make the distinction I'm sure was otherwise clear in the books.

I also feel like with the amount of characters portrayed in the series, I'm never actually going to get to know any of their names. In the books you kind of have no choice, but watching on TV makes it much easier to recognize faces now that they have associations. Anyone else think they'll have this issue as well?


The book actually hammers down on who character are quite often. Every time a character enters a scene for the first time there is generally a line in the book that quikly reminds you who they are. Ofcourse this is only with smaller characters since the greater characters need no introduction. Wether the TV-series will be constantly throwing reminders into the dialogue remains to be seen.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 19:24:23
April 18 2011 19:17 GMT
#1112
I'm hooked.

Ive never seen a more eventful first episode.. I admit I'm a bit lost when they quickly refer to names/areas but it should become more clear soon.

I also went out and purchased the first book. Can't believe I waited so long to get into this series...

http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
CaptainFwiffo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States576 Posts
April 18 2011 19:17 GMT
#1113
On April 19 2011 04:09 pred470r wrote:
First episode was great, I just gotta ask can we post spoilers in this thread? If it's up to me we should be allowed because you gotta read the book or don't read this thread in the first time, but I gotta ask just to make sure.

Use spoiler tags to hide them.
"Even though they don't drink milk, milk comes out of their nose, disturbingly." - Tasteless
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
April 18 2011 19:50 GMT
#1114
OH MY FUCKING GOD. I have been burned so many times by things that have appeared awesome but turned out awful, but this.did.not.dissapoint.

Holy crap so epic. HBO does it again<3
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
P0ckets
Profile Joined January 2011
United States430 Posts
April 18 2011 19:52 GMT
#1115
On April 19 2011 01:22 Maginor wrote:
Show nested quote +

You should also mention that there are two religions one based on the Old Gods and one based on the New Gods, which each have their own sets of traditions and interpretations of sexuality and social norms. I mean take a look at how they handle thing across the Wall, where they still worship the Old Gods. My understanding was that the religion and beliefs of the Tagaryen House made it acceptable for Incest because it kept their blood pure. So incest is iffy across the continent much like it was in the renaissance, and medieval times. In fact the King’s Speech is about the King who had a lisp that was most likely brought on by a lack of genetic diversity, and same goes for similar issues with the former members of royalty in Spain and France.


Lack of genetic diversity in the European royal houses was brought about by inbreeding, though, not by direct incest. Marrying cousins or second cousins is not considered incest in most places, and is not generally dangerous, but it will still show if you continue to do it a few generations down without bringing in any new genetic material.


I am pretty sure intercourse between cousins is categorized as incest, well actually any relative relationship even step-brother & step-sister may be considered incest, but I think the cousin one is on part as direct relatives.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 19:58:39
April 18 2011 19:58 GMT
#1116
On April 19 2011 04:52 P0ckets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 01:22 Maginor wrote:

You should also mention that there are two religions one based on the Old Gods and one based on the New Gods, which each have their own sets of traditions and interpretations of sexuality and social norms. I mean take a look at how they handle thing across the Wall, where they still worship the Old Gods. My understanding was that the religion and beliefs of the Tagaryen House made it acceptable for Incest because it kept their blood pure. So incest is iffy across the continent much like it was in the renaissance, and medieval times. In fact the King’s Speech is about the King who had a lisp that was most likely brought on by a lack of genetic diversity, and same goes for similar issues with the former members of royalty in Spain and France.


Lack of genetic diversity in the European royal houses was brought about by inbreeding, though, not by direct incest. Marrying cousins or second cousins is not considered incest in most places, and is not generally dangerous, but it will still show if you continue to do it a few generations down without bringing in any new genetic material.


I am pretty sure intercourse between cousins is categorized as incest, well actually any relative relationship even step-brother & step-sister may be considered incest, but I think the cousin one is on part as direct relatives.


Generally, the most closely related that you can be with your partner to avoid "incest" is second-cousin.
Engore
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1916 Posts
April 18 2011 20:12 GMT
#1117
At the end i was like...and the big deal is..? Then i jumped on Wikipedia and did some research and was like ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ABOUT THAT! Def can't wait for next weeks.
EG | Liquid | Dignitas | FXO | SlayerS | TSL | iS | Fan of pretty much all players ^_^ | SeleCT <3 forever! Axslav <3
Maginor
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway505 Posts
April 18 2011 20:16 GMT
#1118
On April 19 2011 04:58 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 04:52 P0ckets wrote:
On April 19 2011 01:22 Maginor wrote:

You should also mention that there are two religions one based on the Old Gods and one based on the New Gods, which each have their own sets of traditions and interpretations of sexuality and social norms. I mean take a look at how they handle thing across the Wall, where they still worship the Old Gods. My understanding was that the religion and beliefs of the Tagaryen House made it acceptable for Incest because it kept their blood pure. So incest is iffy across the continent much like it was in the renaissance, and medieval times. In fact the King’s Speech is about the King who had a lisp that was most likely brought on by a lack of genetic diversity, and same goes for similar issues with the former members of royalty in Spain and France.


Lack of genetic diversity in the European royal houses was brought about by inbreeding, though, not by direct incest. Marrying cousins or second cousins is not considered incest in most places, and is not generally dangerous, but it will still show if you continue to do it a few generations down without bringing in any new genetic material.


I am pretty sure intercourse between cousins is categorized as incest, well actually any relative relationship even step-brother & step-sister may be considered incest, but I think the cousin one is on part as direct relatives.


Generally, the most closely related that you can be with your partner to avoid "incest" is second-cousin.


That depends on what country you are in. It may be so in the US.
MeCurly
Profile Joined March 2011
25 Posts
April 18 2011 20:21 GMT
#1119
"the things I do for love" baaahhhhm ... ahw prince charming how could you?
Laids
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom596 Posts
April 18 2011 20:27 GMT
#1120
I found it a little boring, too many character's introduced at once. The relationship between Sean Beans character and the king looks interesting, looking forward to episode 2

I haven't read the books, so I'm sure it's going to much better. Some shows introduce characters really well, but GoT was just dull for me.
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
Nina 106
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2111
Shuttle 1037
Snow 106
Dewaltoss 66
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 36
Noble 29
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 615
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor612
Other Games
summit1g8380
C9.Mang0309
PiGStarcraft277
Mew2King176
RuFF_SC2158
ViBE57
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 21
• Response 16
• Letter147
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Lourlo1125
• Rush870
• Stunt296
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 11m
OSC
17h 11m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.