• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:00
CEST 08:00
KST 15:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7958 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 57

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
CaptainFwiffo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States576 Posts
April 18 2011 20:29 GMT
#1121
25 US states prohibit marriage between first cousins, and a handful of others allow it if the couple is too old to have children. The rest allow it. North Carolina is an oddball, only prohibiting marriage between double cousins (when two siblings of one family reproduce with two siblings of another family).
"Even though they don't drink milk, milk comes out of their nose, disturbingly." - Tasteless
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
April 18 2011 20:40 GMT
#1122
I absolutely loved it! Only wish this went a tad slower in the first ep.
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
April 18 2011 20:44 GMT
#1123
I love the books, I've read the books twice through.

The series looks like it will be solid, I don't really like what they do with some of the scenes, as it just seems more lewd than it was intended to be, debauchery was in the books but there was also some romance.....
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 20:58:11
April 18 2011 20:54 GMT
#1124
Really, really good first ep. I know I'm going to love it. The scenery is beautiful as well as the attention to detail. Also the cast is really good(the actor for Jaime is perfect). One thing I would have liked better is if there were more dialouge and less scene milking, though I suspect that will change as the first episode is usually for introducing the settings, characters, etc.

I wish the show would go easy on the nakedness - this isn't a show I can share with my parents or many of my friends. Though it is what I expect from HBO and the book, as he is pretty explicit with all of it.
CaptainFwiffo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States576 Posts
April 18 2011 21:05 GMT
#1125
I think it's funny that the sex and nudity attracts more objections than the beheadings and entrails.
"Even though they don't drink milk, milk comes out of their nose, disturbingly." - Tasteless
Gatsbi
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1134 Posts
April 18 2011 21:11 GMT
#1126
On April 19 2011 05:54 happyness wrote:
Really, really good first ep. I know I'm going to love it. The scenery is beautiful as well as the attention to detail. Also the cast is really good(the actor for Jaime is perfect). One thing I would have liked better is if there were more dialouge and less scene milking, though I suspect that will change as the first episode is usually for introducing the settings, characters, etc.

I wish the show would go easy on the nakedness - this isn't a show I can share with my parents or many of my friends. Though it is what I expect from HBO and the book, as he is pretty explicit with all of it.


idk man that chick with the blonde hair had some nice boobies. what kind of friends do you have that don't want to see boobs? o_O
"IF WHAT YOU DO NOT KNOW IS MORE THAN WHAT YOU HAVE KNOWN. THEN YOU HAVE NOT KNOWN ANYTHINIG YET." - Rev Kojo Smith
Turenne
Profile Joined January 2011
331 Posts
April 18 2011 21:12 GMT
#1127
On April 19 2011 06:05 CaptainFwiffo wrote:
I think it's funny that the sex and nudity attracts more objections than the beheadings and entrails.


Don't bother trying to interject some common sense in to this thread. Violence = good, sex = bad - understood?
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
April 18 2011 21:13 GMT
#1128
Just finished watching the Pilot and I thought it was great, lots of different scenes to thicken and a great ending to the first episode. Tones of nudity, which I expected anyway. Looking forward to the next episode.
PhilGood2DaY
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany7424 Posts
April 18 2011 21:16 GMT
#1129
I would have liked a bit more nudity and sex to be honest
especially when the blonde one bent over or was forced to

But great non the less so far. How cruel to toss the boy down. Will he survive this !?
hatred outlives the hateful
SwaY-
Profile Joined March 2009
Dominican Republic463 Posts
April 18 2011 21:23 GMT
#1130
Ugh I dont know why I skimmed through the last few pages on this thread.. so many spoilers with no tags. Also, yes dont post links to torrents, site policy does not accept it. However I find it funny how some people call it stealing, in some circumstances HBO isn't available for purchase in some countries and some people would like to watch it... I guess we could wait for the DVD's but thats so far ahead ;(! *SIGH*
Do it beautifully
Sobba
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden576 Posts
April 18 2011 21:24 GMT
#1131
First ep was good not great. When i read the books for the first time i was very sceptical until about 1/3 of the way, and now im a die hard fan. The later episodes should be great.
matko5
Profile Joined April 2010
Croatia385 Posts
April 18 2011 21:24 GMT
#1132
On April 19 2011 06:16 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
I would have liked a bit more nudity and sex to be honest
especially when the blonde one bent over or was forced to

But great non the less so far. How cruel to toss the boy down. Will he survive this !?


are you sure you want to know?



man, the whole time watching the first episode i was like the kid yelling NINTENTO SIXTY FOUR

i like it soo far, it has the feeling of the books, which is the only important thing. Sean Bean <3
Disi gazda
Zeburial
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden1126 Posts
April 18 2011 21:27 GMT
#1133
I have never read the books before (not a big reader tbh) but I have followed this threat for quite a long time and I love Sean Bean, such a talented and amazing actor. I downloaded the first episode today and I was quite amazed. I have a little problem keeping up with the names and who is who, but I'll re-watch it later tonight.

Great series so far from a GoT-newbie
Empires are not brought down by outside forces - they are destroyed by weaknesses from within
Eishi_Ki
Profile Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1667 Posts
April 18 2011 21:29 GMT
#1134
Spoilers regarding the rest of the season, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE ENTIRE FIRST BOOK.

+ Show Spoiler +
So do you think the rest of the cast will be able to carry the program forward through multiple seasons with no Sean Bean and no Mark Addy?
Morale
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1010 Posts
April 18 2011 21:31 GMT
#1135
Sick first episode, absolutely loved it.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
April 18 2011 21:36 GMT
#1136
On April 19 2011 06:29 Eishi_Ki wrote:
Spoilers regarding the rest of the season, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE ENTIRE FIRST BOOK.

+ Show Spoiler +
So do you think the rest of the cast will be able to carry the program forward through multiple seasons with no Sean Bean and no Mark Addy?


+ Show Spoiler +
Yes. The actors for Tyrion and Jaime are particularly good. Though we haven't seen a lot of Jon yet, I think his actor will do just fine as well. I don't really see a weak link in the cast yet, so I think that the show will be fine once Ned and Robert eat it.
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
April 18 2011 21:46 GMT
#1137
On April 19 2011 06:36 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 06:29 Eishi_Ki wrote:
Spoilers regarding the rest of the season, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE ENTIRE FIRST BOOK.

+ Show Spoiler +
So do you think the rest of the cast will be able to carry the program forward through multiple seasons with no Sean Bean and no Mark Addy?


+ Show Spoiler +
Yes. The actors for Tyrion and Jaime are particularly good. Though we haven't seen a lot of Jon yet, I think his actor will do just fine as well. I don't really see a weak link in the cast yet, so I think that the show will be fine once Ned and Robert eat it.



Agreed those two are really a strong part.
+ Show Spoiler +

And I think the Queen is a good choice too. It will be interesting to see how their father is portrayed. We will see an enormous amount of people coming and going. I hope there will be no major disappointments.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
April 18 2011 21:51 GMT
#1138
Will be watching the first ep soon, I LOVED the book series, even went and saw George RR Martin when he was in town, talked to him, etc.

He was actually surprised that my favorite char was Petyr (littlefinger) saying the he didn't get that very often.

I'm thrilled to see martin's full hearted endoresement of this (being a co-exec producer and all) An author that gets too close to the transition from paper to film/tv can ruin it, but so can one that distances themselves.
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
April 18 2011 21:55 GMT
#1139
First episode is likely going to be the weakest, based on reviews. (And the books are like that as well, GOT only truly picks up basically after the chapters the prologue is over.


The actor for Tywin Lannister is exactly what I pictured him as looking like.
matko5
Profile Joined April 2010
Croatia385 Posts
April 18 2011 21:59 GMT
#1140
On April 19 2011 06:55 Nevuk wrote:
The actor for Tywin Lannister is exactly what I pictured him as looking like.


they all look the same
Disi gazda
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft747
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 595
Stork 252
ggaemo 221
Leta 155
PianO 55
Hyuk 30
Bale 18
yabsab 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
JimRising 676
Reynor59
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King223
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor661
Other Games
summit1g8781
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0312
PiGStarcraft186
Sick155
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2232
League of Legends
• Lourlo1328
• Stunt416
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h
Online Event
5h
FEL
10h
AI Arena Tournament
11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.