• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:56
CEST 01:56
KST 08:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8576 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 52

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
LoliKuma
Profile Joined June 2010
United States237 Posts
April 18 2011 09:13 GMT
#1021
THAR BE DRAGONS?!?!?!?

But yeah, I got impatient after one episode, going to the library (GASP) to read the rest of the series.

Also those baby dire wolves are so BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
The End DOES Justifiy the Means
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
April 18 2011 09:14 GMT
#1022
On April 18 2011 11:00 happyness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 10:50 dacthehork wrote:
yeah I got no idea why HBO wants people to watch it on HBO go or their Channel?

wtf


I sense sarcasm?

It seems to me, though, that most people who are looking forward to GoT is poor college-age students who can't afford HBO. Makes me wonder how long the show will last.

Knowing HBO, they'll quit after the second season. They did this with Rome and Carnivale. The latter was even planned to have six episodes to conclude the complete story.

OT: great pilot. Not nearly as much nudity as in the book. I can imagine that everything might be a bit confusing to people who haven't read or aren't reading the books.
DorN
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany90 Posts
April 18 2011 09:14 GMT
#1023
On April 18 2011 18:03 SolHeiM wrote:
It annoys me that they chose to cast such an ugly bitch to be Eddard Starks wife. I would've figured a powerful man like him would be able to land someone better looking than her.


Why would a Stark care for beauty ?

Furthermore
+ Show Spoiler +
As far as i understood from the book he didnt chose her. They got married because she was supposed to be his brothers wife who died.

Its all about politics.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 18 2011 10:11 GMT
#1024
On April 18 2011 18:03 SolHeiM wrote:
It annoys me that they chose to cast such an ugly bitch to be Eddard Starks wife. I would've figured a powerful man like him would be able to land someone better looking than her.

She is not ugly, she is just older. She was supposed to be very beautiful when she was young (in the books).
Warsaurus
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States19 Posts
April 18 2011 10:35 GMT
#1025
Overall, I loved the episode. Character development was excellent imo. Subtle hints that went a long way in explaining the character relationships and personalities. Having read the book, I can immediately identify how a character should act, but just small things, such as + Show Spoiler +
Cat explaining that Tyrion needed candles in his room, and then the Maester saying that he figured Tyrion would be drinking instead of reading.
Gave you great insight into the characters personalities if you payed attention. Perhaps that's just me though. =)

Only problems I had were the wedding, Drogo needed to be more gentle as he was in the book. Definitely gives the completely opposite impression of Drogo's relationship.

And secondly, the smut needed to be tuned down a little. I know it's in the book, I know it's worse in the book, but there's a difference between reading it, and watching it. I personally don't care about seeing it, but I think it'll hurt the series overall. It means that younger children can't watch it, and many many people will simply refuse to watch it in general. (Like I said, it's different seeing it, than reading it. A child of 14 can read the books, but I wouldn't want them watching the episode) And honestly, much of it could be implied without the actual act.

But small complaints in the face of how good I thought the episode to be. Can't wait until next Sunday =)
You never attack to win the game. You win the game, and then attack.
Stroggoz
Profile Joined March 2011
New Zealand79 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 11:21:44
April 18 2011 11:10 GMT
#1026
whats with everyone complaining about nudity? This is HBO, its fairly standard and they have shown much more in their previous shows. dicks galore in OZ

1st episode was great. However, the episode had too much plot and not enough character development. In my opinion they should've taken it slower and built up the characters a bit more. i havnt read the books though and im sure characters will get deeper throughout the season.
ichimarugin680
Profile Joined February 2009
United States182 Posts
April 18 2011 12:33 GMT
#1027
They should have shown some crows for effects lol. Btw need more direwolves and I believe ghost should have been muted if they will make him the silent wolf later on cuz I heard the whine. Love tyrion, jon, and arya. And the only action on that episode should have been the battle against the other would have loved to see that all that happpened was a quick slaughter lol
I'd like that Rosh cheeze with some whine.////.... When you feel down and lost read Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
April 18 2011 12:33 GMT
#1028
Very solid first episode; some things not quite as I'd envisaged, some pretty much exactly as I had in mind. Obviously they had to shuffle around a few motivations and ram a few more points home (Robert's infidelities etc) because of the constraints episodic TV gives, but all in all I'm satisfied =)

Thought Harry Lloyd played a very convincing Viserys; a great blend of entitled, petulent, and a little bit unhinged.

Don't know why I thought HBO might go easy on the sex lol
Igakusei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States610 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 12:33:45
April 18 2011 12:33 GMT
#1029
On April 18 2011 19:35 Warsaurus wrote:And secondly, the smut needed to be tuned down a little. I know it's in the book, I know it's worse in the book, but there's a difference between reading it, and watching it. I personally don't care about seeing it, but I think it'll hurt the series overall. It means that younger children can't watch it, and many many people will simply refuse to watch it in general. (Like I said, it's different seeing it, than reading it. A child of 14 can read the books, but I wouldn't want them watching the episode) And honestly, much of it could be implied without the actual act.


I tend to agree with this. I expect that we'll see less as the story progresses, and I'm glad that for the most part it contributed to the character development (e.g. there was no nudity in the last scene of the episode, since it wouldn't have done anything for the characters).
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
April 18 2011 12:38 GMT
#1030
I love how the engravings in the opening animation depict the conquest of the Seven Kingdoms by the Targaryens Dragons, then the defeat of the Targaryens by the combined forces of Baratheons/Starks/Lannisters, and finally all of the houses' sigils bowing to the Baratheon stag.
Nillinch
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland147 Posts
April 18 2011 12:50 GMT
#1031
I would like to see how special effects going to look like. Hopefully its gonna be something solid that wont bite my eyes.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cyberspace
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada955 Posts
April 18 2011 12:50 GMT
#1032
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 18 2011 19:35 Warsaurus wrote:
Overall, I loved the episode. Character development was excellent imo. Subtle hints that went a long way in explaining the character relationships and personalities. Having read the book, I can immediately identify how a character should act, but just small things, such as + Show Spoiler +
Cat explaining that Tyrion needed candles in his room, and then the Maester saying that he figured Tyrion would be drinking instead of reading.
Gave you great insight into the characters personalities if you payed attention. Perhaps that's just me though. =)

Only problems I had were the wedding, Drogo needed to be more gentle as he was in the book. Definitely gives the completely opposite impression of Drogo's relationship.

And secondly, the smut needed to be tuned down a little. I know it's in the book, I know it's worse in the book, but there's a difference between reading it, and watching it. I personally don't care about seeing it, but I think it'll hurt the series overall. It means that younger children can't watch it, and many many people will simply refuse to watch it in general. (Like I said, it's different seeing it, than reading it. A child of 14 can read the books, but I wouldn't want them watching the episode) And honestly, much of it could be implied without the actual act.

But small complaints in the face of how good I thought the episode to be. Can't wait until next Sunday =)


This entire series is NOT for younger children. It's meant for an older audience. If people don't watch it just because of some nudity, that's their loss and there's really nothing that can be done about that.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Turenne
Profile Joined January 2011
331 Posts
April 18 2011 12:52 GMT
#1033
On April 18 2011 19:35 Warsaurus wrote:


And secondly, the smut needed to be tuned down a little. I know it's in the book, I know it's worse in the book, but there's a difference between reading it, and watching it. I personally don't care about seeing it, but I think it'll hurt the series overall. It means that younger children can't watch it, and many many people will simply refuse to watch it in general. (Like I said, it's different seeing it, than reading it. A child of 14 can read the books, but I wouldn't want them watching the episode) And honestly, much of it could be implied without the actual act.


Smut = sex? Are you a real human being?
Turenne
Profile Joined January 2011
331 Posts
April 18 2011 12:53 GMT
#1034
On April 18 2011 20:10 Stroggoz wrote:
whats with everyone complaining about nudity? This is HBO, its fairly standard and they have shown much more in their previous shows. dicks galore in OZ

1st episode was great. However, the episode had too much plot and not enough character development. In my opinion they should've taken it slower and built up the characters a bit more. i havnt read the books though and im sure characters will get deeper throughout the season.


Breasts and sex are immoral apparently.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44336 Posts
April 18 2011 12:54 GMT
#1035
On April 18 2011 18:14 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 11:00 happyness wrote:
On April 18 2011 10:50 dacthehork wrote:
yeah I got no idea why HBO wants people to watch it on HBO go or their Channel?

wtf


I sense sarcasm?

It seems to me, though, that most people who are looking forward to GoT is poor college-age students who can't afford HBO. Makes me wonder how long the show will last.

Knowing HBO, they'll quit after the second season. They did this with Rome and Carnivale. The latter was even planned to have six episodes to conclude the complete story.

OT: great pilot. Not nearly as much nudity as in the book. I can imagine that everything might be a bit confusing to people who haven't read or aren't reading the books.

Rome ended because they ran out of history, GoT has the advantage of being fiction.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Turenne
Profile Joined January 2011
331 Posts
April 18 2011 12:59 GMT
#1036
On April 18 2011 21:54 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 18:14 maartendq wrote:
On April 18 2011 11:00 happyness wrote:
On April 18 2011 10:50 dacthehork wrote:
yeah I got no idea why HBO wants people to watch it on HBO go or their Channel?

wtf


I sense sarcasm?

It seems to me, though, that most people who are looking forward to GoT is poor college-age students who can't afford HBO. Makes me wonder how long the show will last.

Knowing HBO, they'll quit after the second season. They did this with Rome and Carnivale. The latter was even planned to have six episodes to conclude the complete story.

OT: great pilot. Not nearly as much nudity as in the book. I can imagine that everything might be a bit confusing to people who haven't read or aren't reading the books.

Rome ended because they ran out of history, GoT has the advantage of being fiction.


No, it was too expensive. They had five or so series planned orginally.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
April 18 2011 13:00 GMT
#1037
On April 18 2011 21:54 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 18:14 maartendq wrote:
On April 18 2011 11:00 happyness wrote:
On April 18 2011 10:50 dacthehork wrote:
yeah I got no idea why HBO wants people to watch it on HBO go or their Channel?

wtf


I sense sarcasm?

It seems to me, though, that most people who are looking forward to GoT is poor college-age students who can't afford HBO. Makes me wonder how long the show will last.

Knowing HBO, they'll quit after the second season. They did this with Rome and Carnivale. The latter was even planned to have six episodes to conclude the complete story.

OT: great pilot. Not nearly as much nudity as in the book. I can imagine that everything might be a bit confusing to people who haven't read or aren't reading the books.

Rome ended because they ran out of history, GoT has the advantage of being fiction.

I'm sure the history of Rome didn't end the moment emperor Augustus came to power.
deth
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia1757 Posts
April 18 2011 13:04 GMT
#1038
Rome was planned to go to egypt for s3 and s4 iirc, but the budget killed the show yeah
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
April 18 2011 13:05 GMT
#1039
On April 18 2011 21:53 Turenne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 20:10 Stroggoz wrote:
whats with everyone complaining about nudity? This is HBO, its fairly standard and they have shown much more in their previous shows. dicks galore in OZ

1st episode was great. However, the episode had too much plot and not enough character development. In my opinion they should've taken it slower and built up the characters a bit more. i havnt read the books though and im sure characters will get deeper throughout the season.


Breasts and sex are immoral apparently.

It's not that there was nudity, it's how it was done. As I said in an earlier post, it felt like in a lot of scenes they were pandering to me as if I was a pervert.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44336 Posts
April 18 2011 13:08 GMT
#1040
On April 18 2011 22:00 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 21:54 KwarK wrote:
On April 18 2011 18:14 maartendq wrote:
On April 18 2011 11:00 happyness wrote:
On April 18 2011 10:50 dacthehork wrote:
yeah I got no idea why HBO wants people to watch it on HBO go or their Channel?

wtf


I sense sarcasm?

It seems to me, though, that most people who are looking forward to GoT is poor college-age students who can't afford HBO. Makes me wonder how long the show will last.

Knowing HBO, they'll quit after the second season. They did this with Rome and Carnivale. The latter was even planned to have six episodes to conclude the complete story.

OT: great pilot. Not nearly as much nudity as in the book. I can imagine that everything might be a bit confusing to people who haven't read or aren't reading the books.

Rome ended because they ran out of history, GoT has the advantage of being fiction.

I'm sure the history of Rome didn't end the moment emperor Augustus came to power.

No, there was 50 years of expansion along the Rhine and up to the Danube combined with pacification in Spain and political consolidation and marginalisation of the Senate. But that doesn't make interesting television, they'd have had to pick a new period. Once Augustus has the only remaining army things become a little of a foregone conclusion.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 156
Vindicta 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10032
Rain 908
Artosis 569
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift4247
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox577
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1152
Other Games
summit1g11227
shahzam590
Day[9].tv567
JimRising 557
PiGStarcraft196
C9.Mang0147
ArmadaUGS85
NeuroSwarm64
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 70
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie760
• Day9tv567
• Scarra524
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
OSC
4m
CranKy Ducklings7
Stellar Fest
13h 4m
OSC
22h 4m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.