• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:48
CEST 22:48
KST 05:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12477 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 118

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
11cc
Profile Joined May 2008
Finland561 Posts
May 08 2011 09:38 GMT
#2341
On May 08 2011 18:26 Nightfall.589 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 17:34 Cataphract wrote:
I got a question for those that have read the books.

+ Show Spoiler +
When Jon first meets Mance, Mance tells him he was at winterfell when the king was there. Do you guys think they had it planned out that far in advance and had the person they want to play him walk around as an extra in some of the scenes? Or do you think they will show a small flashback when they get to A Storm of Swords?


+ Show Spoiler +
I'm pretty sure that'll be completely cut.

The whole point of Jon's exchange with Mance, was Jon giving a good reason for going turncloak - "Remember where they sat the bastard?"

Since TV Jon wasn't even present at the feast hall, I can't see Mance's presence at Winterfell advancing the plot any. I'm pretty sure TV Jon will do something else to convince Mance that he is not loyal to the Night's Watch.


+ Show Spoiler +
I don't get why him being outside would be a problem. That line still works doesn't it?
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 09:45:23
May 08 2011 09:45 GMT
#2342
episode fourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

edit: can't wait
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
May 08 2011 10:05 GMT
#2343
True. Just finished the first book and I can say that GRRM did a great job keeping me on edge and in a way, surprising me even more than I suspected.

Not sure if I'm gonna go for book 2 before season 1 at least ends.
Lowell
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany346 Posts
May 08 2011 10:34 GMT
#2344
On May 08 2011 19:05 RA wrote:
Not sure if I'm gonna go for book 2 before season 1 at least ends.


Said the exact same thing to myself yesterday, than i thought i'd just read the prologue and now im 150 pages in a clash of kings ;P
Marradron
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands1586 Posts
May 08 2011 10:44 GMT
#2345
It say go read 2 already. The book is way better (In my opinion). Mostly because most events are already set up from the start.
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 12:11:38
May 08 2011 12:08 GMT
#2346
On May 08 2011 19:34 Lowell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 19:05 RA wrote:
Not sure if I'm gonna go for book 2 before season 1 at least ends.


Said the exact same thing to myself yesterday, than i thought i'd just read the prologue and now im 150 pages in a clash of kings ;P


Haha... yeah.. I start to feel the same.

By the way, to EVERYONE who hasn't really got the grip of the MAP of the ASOIAF world yet (like me), check this out - http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/#!/locations/kings-landing/

I know there are maps in the books, but the fonts and quality of them make it very hard to get everything right.
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
May 08 2011 13:03 GMT
#2347
On May 08 2011 19:34 Lowell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 19:05 RA wrote:
Not sure if I'm gonna go for book 2 before season 1 at least ends.


Said the exact same thing to myself yesterday, than i thought i'd just read the prologue and now im 150 pages in a clash of kings ;P

I was a little bit more ambitious and try to keep 1 episode ahead in the books and I still managed to lose control I'm at about episode 7-8 I think.

I can't wait for the next episode!!
Betrayed by EG.BuK
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
May 08 2011 13:10 GMT
#2348
On May 08 2011 21:08 RA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 19:34 Lowell wrote:
On May 08 2011 19:05 RA wrote:
Not sure if I'm gonna go for book 2 before season 1 at least ends.


Said the exact same thing to myself yesterday, than i thought i'd just read the prologue and now im 150 pages in a clash of kings ;P


Haha... yeah.. I start to feel the same.

By the way, to EVERYONE who hasn't really got the grip of the MAP of the ASOIAF world yet (like me), check this out - http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/#!/locations/kings-landing/

I know there are maps in the books, but the fonts and quality of them make it very hard to get everything right.

It also has a tiny sneak preview of what the Eyrie will look like. Worth checking out. ;o
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
May 08 2011 13:28 GMT
#2349
Aha, I checked all the locations
Magulina
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden152 Posts
May 08 2011 13:44 GMT
#2350
On November 16 2008 01:10 Fzero wrote:
Gonna be epic.

+ Show Spoiler +
Pilot should stop when Bran gets pushed out of the window, before he hits the ground.


Well played sir!
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 14:05:36
May 08 2011 14:03 GMT
#2351
On May 08 2011 01:37 Disquiet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 06:35 Gokey wrote:
On May 07 2011 06:34 Dystisis wrote:
On May 07 2011 06:13 Gokey wrote:
On May 07 2011 04:48 Doppelganger wrote:
We have a new clip of episode 4:



Omfg, I've always wanted to punch Sansa in the face. How can anyone have so little sense?

What do you mean by that?

I don't like how she is either, but what she says does not lack sense.


Not in particular that scene in the clip, but in general... The way she is... Just so spineless and helpless and... Stupid

You may call her spineless for not telling the truth, but i don't think thats really fair. You have to consider the situation she is in. She has to marry joffrey, how do you think he will treat her if she takes her sisters side? This is not modern marriage, there are no divorces, and hes the prince, its not like anyone will complain about how he treats his wife. At the same time she doesn't want to betray her sister, so she simply says she doesn't know, the only course of action really. She didn't know that they would kill HER wolf at the time either.

Stupid.. maybe but I don't think thats true (having read the books), shes just delusional. Shes been raised sheltered believing in fairytale prince and princess story. She desperately wants it to be true and shes even prepared to overlook reality to fit her dream.

Yea I agree this part does not make her look that stupid but what she will do next + Show Spoiler +
Tell the queen that Ned has planned to sneak Sansa and Arya out of the King's Landing after Robert is dying.
does x4. I just hope they will include this into the TV series.
thedz
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States217 Posts
May 08 2011 14:36 GMT
#2352
Figure some people in the thread might like this: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=220737
Malaz
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany1257 Posts
May 08 2011 18:16 GMT
#2353
On May 08 2011 19:34 Lowell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 19:05 RA wrote:
Not sure if I'm gonna go for book 2 before season 1 at least ends.


Said the exact same thing to myself yesterday, than i thought i'd just read the prologue and now im 150 pages in a clash of kings ;P


At least in my opinion, the books get even better after the first one
SHr3DD3r
Profile Joined March 2009
Pakistan2137 Posts
May 08 2011 18:28 GMT
#2354
Can't wait for epi 4 and can't wait for some time off university so I can pick up those damn books lol.
Hit them hard! Hit them low! - Forever a Bisu Fan!~!
overshard
Profile Joined November 2010
United States45 Posts
May 08 2011 18:29 GMT
#2355
So far the TV series is following the book extremely well, the parts I remember anyways...

If t hey continue on this path I'm going to love every episode of this show. And the intro scene is very epic.
Maginor
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway505 Posts
May 08 2011 21:38 GMT
#2356
On May 08 2011 23:03 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 01:37 Disquiet wrote:
On May 07 2011 06:35 Gokey wrote:
On May 07 2011 06:34 Dystisis wrote:
On May 07 2011 06:13 Gokey wrote:
On May 07 2011 04:48 Doppelganger wrote:
We have a new clip of episode 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvCxT9ku1LI&feature=player_embedded


Omfg, I've always wanted to punch Sansa in the face. How can anyone have so little sense?

What do you mean by that?

I don't like how she is either, but what she says does not lack sense.


Not in particular that scene in the clip, but in general... The way she is... Just so spineless and helpless and... Stupid

You may call her spineless for not telling the truth, but i don't think thats really fair. You have to consider the situation she is in. She has to marry joffrey, how do you think he will treat her if she takes her sisters side? This is not modern marriage, there are no divorces, and hes the prince, its not like anyone will complain about how he treats his wife. At the same time she doesn't want to betray her sister, so she simply says she doesn't know, the only course of action really. She didn't know that they would kill HER wolf at the time either.

Stupid.. maybe but I don't think thats true (having read the books), shes just delusional. Shes been raised sheltered believing in fairytale prince and princess story. She desperately wants it to be true and shes even prepared to overlook reality to fit her dream.

Yea I agree this part does not make her look that stupid but what she will do next + Show Spoiler +
Tell the queen that Ned has planned to sneak Sansa and Arya out of the King's Landing after Robert is dying.
does x4. I just hope they will include this into the TV series.


+ Show Spoiler +
What Ned does is several magnitudes more stupid than that. He tells Cercei that he has figured out that Jaime is the father of her children and that he plans to have her exiled, then does nothing in order to protect Robert or restrain her or the children. He basically tells his worst enemy all of his plans and leaves himself and Robert completely open for the countermove.

Sansa on the other hand has not been informed of any of this. Ned didn't bother to tell her to stay away from the Lannisters.
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
May 08 2011 21:39 GMT
#2357
Sunday is like the best day ever now, lulz.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
dacthehork
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2000 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 21:44:04
May 08 2011 21:42 GMT
#2358
I've always hated sansa, but so glad he threw a character like Sansa into the story. It's a good contrast to have a wide diversity of characters. Which I think GRRM does a really good job of, although I'm not a big fan of Dany and some other characters. I love the "gray" characters he does as it's so much more entertaining then normal mary sue tropes.

Tyrion, Jon (mainly because the wall is a great setting and contrasts with he rest of the world., and Arya are what make this series for me. I really really hope GRRM closes out the book series strongly in the next 5 years and HBO keeps up with the series. Sadly I have to not get my hopes up too high.
Warturtle - DOTA 2 is KING
alypse
Profile Joined May 2010
2784 Posts
May 08 2011 21:44 GMT
#2359
I can't waitttttttttttt god damn it!
KT Violet 1988 - 2012
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 21:50:47
May 08 2011 21:50 GMT
#2360
for those who don't know about this yet:

http://mymomwatchesgameofthrones.tumblr.com/
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O132
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19096
Calm 2125
Shuttle 324
White-Ra 189
Mini 168
ZZZero.O 132
firebathero 73
soO 11
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1520
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5038
Liquid`Hasu646
Other Games
summit1g6790
Liquid`RaSZi2219
FrodaN2072
fl0m1322
crisheroes308
IndyStarCraft 247
Pyrionflax221
Livibee184
Mew2King56
ToD10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick928
BasetradeTV194
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 30
• musti20045 1
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• blackmanpl 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1383
• Shiphtur690
• WagamamaTV372
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 13m
Replay Cast
2h 13m
OSC
15h 13m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.