• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:23
CEST 21:23
KST 04:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13158 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 117

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 115 116 117 118 119 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Dystisis
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway713 Posts
May 06 2011 21:34 GMT
#2321
On May 07 2011 06:13 Gokey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 04:48 Doppelganger wrote:
We have a new clip of episode 4:



Omfg, I've always wanted to punch Sansa in the face. How can anyone have so little sense?

What do you mean by that?

I don't like how she is either, but what she says does not lack sense.
Gokey
Profile Joined November 2006
United States2722 Posts
May 06 2011 21:35 GMT
#2322
On May 07 2011 06:34 Dystisis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 06:13 Gokey wrote:
On May 07 2011 04:48 Doppelganger wrote:
We have a new clip of episode 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvCxT9ku1LI&feature=player_embedded


Omfg, I've always wanted to punch Sansa in the face. How can anyone have so little sense?

What do you mean by that?

I don't like how she is either, but what she says does not lack sense.


Not in particular that scene in the clip, but in general... The way she is... Just so spineless and helpless and... Stupid
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
May 06 2011 21:36 GMT
#2323
Sansa is such a hot lolita bitch. I'd smack her too, but for entirely different reasons.
Gokey
Profile Joined November 2006
United States2722 Posts
May 06 2011 22:37 GMT
#2324
On May 07 2011 06:36 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Sansa is such a hot lolita bitch. I'd smack her too, but for entirely different reasons.


Be careful... She hasn't even bled yet...
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
May 07 2011 05:34 GMT
#2325
Khal Drogo gets his own movie, Jason Momoa starring in the new Conan:

Mattes
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1116 Posts
May 07 2011 09:02 GMT
#2326
I'm Re-Reading "Game of Thrones" while the show airs, and am usually 1-2 episodes ahead.

I just cant wait for the revelations in the upcoming episodes.
Will be sooo sick.
Also i cant wait to see how they managed to visualize the eyre.

And damn, i sooo want to know who they kill off in the show opposed to the books.
"Eyo lesson' here, Bey. You're comin' at the king, you best not miss."
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
May 07 2011 09:12 GMT
#2327
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2011 14:34 karazax wrote:
Khal Drogo gets his own movie, Jason Momoa starring in the new Conan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLtyuLGsj8Y&feature=youtu.be



Oh, hello there, Khal

haha
Everyone needs a nemesis.
deth
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia1757 Posts
May 07 2011 09:21 GMT
#2328
On May 07 2011 18:02 Mattes wrote:
I'm Re-Reading "Game of Thrones" while the show airs, and am usually 1-2 episodes ahead.

I just cant wait for the revelations in the upcoming episodes.
Will be sooo sick.
Also i cant wait to see how they managed to visualize the eyre.

And damn, i sooo want to know who they kill off in the show opposed to the books.


I guarantee you they wont make any significant changes to who they kill off, if any at all.
Mattes
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1116 Posts
May 07 2011 09:40 GMT
#2329
On May 07 2011 18:21 deth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 18:02 Mattes wrote:
I'm Re-Reading "Game of Thrones" while the show airs, and am usually 1-2 episodes ahead.

I just cant wait for the revelations in the upcoming episodes.
Will be sooo sick.
Also i cant wait to see how they managed to visualize the eyre.

And damn, i sooo want to know who they kill off in the show opposed to the books.


I guarantee you they wont make any significant changes to who they kill off, if any at all.


Well, its confirmed they kill of a character who otherwhise would have met his demise in book3.

Martin was against it, but still, they pulled through with it.
It wouldnt have been even mentionable if its "random actor x in scene y" but one of the more popular ones.
"Eyo lesson' here, Bey. You're comin' at the king, you best not miss."
Malaz
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany1257 Posts
May 07 2011 09:47 GMT
#2330
On May 06 2011 10:40 sjh wrote:
What story arc are you guys most looking forward to the development of? Personally I find the wall/jon snow stuff to be the most interesting right now.

+ Show Spoiler +
but I'm pumped to see what the dragons look like!


+ Show Spoiler +
I'm really looking forward to the battle of Kings Landing. With all the green fire, the battle ships and so on. I'm also looking forward to Theons return to the iron islands and Aryas stay in Harrenhal.


On a side note, I'm really happy with the actors they have chosen, even though some of them don't look exactly how they are described in the books or at least how I imagined them to look like. Especially the Tyrion actor and the Arya actress are awesome and those two are my favorite charakters of the whole book series

RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
May 07 2011 09:55 GMT
#2331
Sansa is a very good character, she makes the contrast more evident. Sometimes, someone needs to be hated or disliked...

Haven't finished the first book yet, but almost and hearing that they are planning to kill off a different character than in the book doesn't make me happy at all, but I can guess who it is.

zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
May 07 2011 10:03 GMT
#2332
On May 07 2011 18:40 Mattes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 18:21 deth wrote:
On May 07 2011 18:02 Mattes wrote:
I'm Re-Reading "Game of Thrones" while the show airs, and am usually 1-2 episodes ahead.

I just cant wait for the revelations in the upcoming episodes.
Will be sooo sick.
Also i cant wait to see how they managed to visualize the eyre.

And damn, i sooo want to know who they kill off in the show opposed to the books.


I guarantee you they wont make any significant changes to who they kill off, if any at all.


Well, its confirmed they kill of a character who otherwhise would have met his demise in book3.

Martin was against it, but still, they pulled through with it.
It wouldnt have been even mentionable if its "random actor x in scene y" but one of the more popular ones.


They said it was a very minor character. -_-

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/dd-more-ruthless-than-grrm/
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
Mattes
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1116 Posts
May 07 2011 10:08 GMT
#2333
On May 07 2011 19:03 zerglingsfolife wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 18:40 Mattes wrote:
On May 07 2011 18:21 deth wrote:
On May 07 2011 18:02 Mattes wrote:
I'm Re-Reading "Game of Thrones" while the show airs, and am usually 1-2 episodes ahead.

I just cant wait for the revelations in the upcoming episodes.
Will be sooo sick.
Also i cant wait to see how they managed to visualize the eyre.

And damn, i sooo want to know who they kill off in the show opposed to the books.


I guarantee you they wont make any significant changes to who they kill off, if any at all.


Well, its confirmed they kill of a character who otherwhise would have met his demise in book3.

Martin was against it, but still, they pulled through with it.
It wouldnt have been even mentionable if its "random actor x in scene y" but one of the more popular ones.


They said it was a very minor character. -_-

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/dd-more-ruthless-than-grrm/


Did you even read what you link?
Maybe its a seemingly minor character in book one.

"But then in Book 3, that character has a huge role to play." - on the other hand seems to implicate that this death wont be without some huge alterations.
"Eyo lesson' here, Bey. You're comin' at the king, you best not miss."
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 10:33:55
May 07 2011 10:17 GMT
#2334
George RR Martins response was not in direct response, it was a hypothetical answer to that question that happened in January.

The two most speculated "popular" characters that could die earlier are

+ Show Spoiler +
Rast or Hoster Tully


You make it seem like they are killing a main character in your post. It's misleading.

Edit: + Show Spoiler +
I think I can say this: it's a VERY minor character. Karstark, Dondarrion, Lancel, etc. can be ruled out.


http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/48960-book-spoilers-an-unexpected-death/page__view__findpost__p__2427304
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
May 07 2011 13:36 GMT
#2335
On May 07 2011 19:17 zerglingsfolife wrote:
George RR Martins response was not in direct response, it was a hypothetical answer to that question that happened in January.

The two most speculated "popular" characters that could die earlier are

+ Show Spoiler +
Rast or Hoster Tully


You make it seem like they are killing a main character in your post. It's misleading.

Edit: + Show Spoiler +
I think I can say this: it's a VERY minor character. Karstark, Dondarrion, Lancel, etc. can be ruled out.


http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/48960-book-spoilers-an-unexpected-death/page__view__findpost__p__2427304



From what I read there I as a book reader probably won't notice. ^_^
Disquiet
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia628 Posts
May 07 2011 16:37 GMT
#2336
On May 07 2011 06:35 Gokey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 06:34 Dystisis wrote:
On May 07 2011 06:13 Gokey wrote:
On May 07 2011 04:48 Doppelganger wrote:
We have a new clip of episode 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvCxT9ku1LI&feature=player_embedded


Omfg, I've always wanted to punch Sansa in the face. How can anyone have so little sense?

What do you mean by that?

I don't like how she is either, but what she says does not lack sense.


Not in particular that scene in the clip, but in general... The way she is... Just so spineless and helpless and... Stupid

You may call her spineless for not telling the truth, but i don't think thats really fair. You have to consider the situation she is in. She has to marry joffrey, how do you think he will treat her if she takes her sisters side? This is not modern marriage, there are no divorces, and hes the prince, its not like anyone will complain about how he treats his wife. At the same time she doesn't want to betray her sister, so she simply says she doesn't know, the only course of action really. She didn't know that they would kill HER wolf at the time either.

Stupid.. maybe but I don't think thats true (having read the books), shes just delusional. Shes been raised sheltered believing in fairytale prince and princess story. She desperately wants it to be true and shes even prepared to overlook reality to fit her dream.
Dystisis
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway713 Posts
May 07 2011 17:28 GMT
#2337
On May 08 2011 01:37 Disquiet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 06:35 Gokey wrote:
On May 07 2011 06:34 Dystisis wrote:
On May 07 2011 06:13 Gokey wrote:
On May 07 2011 04:48 Doppelganger wrote:
We have a new clip of episode 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvCxT9ku1LI&feature=player_embedded


Omfg, I've always wanted to punch Sansa in the face. How can anyone have so little sense?

What do you mean by that?

I don't like how she is either, but what she says does not lack sense.


Not in particular that scene in the clip, but in general... The way she is... Just so spineless and helpless and... Stupid

You may call her spineless for not telling the truth, but i don't think thats really fair. You have to consider the situation she is in. She has to marry joffrey, how do you think he will treat her if she takes her sisters side? This is not modern marriage, there are no divorces, and hes the prince, its not like anyone will complain about how he treats his wife. At the same time she doesn't want to betray her sister, so she simply says she doesn't know, the only course of action really. She didn't know that they would kill HER wolf at the time either.

Stupid.. maybe but I don't think thats true (having read the books), shes just delusional. Shes been raised sheltered believing in fairytale prince and princess story. She desperately wants it to be true and shes even prepared to overlook reality to fit her dream.

Agreed... What's really "stupid" is not seeing the motivations and reasons for peoples actions... Especially those who do not "play a game" for power, but act out of their own conscience and reasoning.
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
May 07 2011 17:33 GMT
#2338
On May 07 2011 22:36 Doppelganger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2011 19:17 zerglingsfolife wrote:
George RR Martins response was not in direct response, it was a hypothetical answer to that question that happened in January.

The two most speculated "popular" characters that could die earlier are

+ Show Spoiler +
Rast or Hoster Tully


You make it seem like they are killing a main character in your post. It's misleading.

Edit: + Show Spoiler +
I think I can say this: it's a VERY minor character. Karstark, Dondarrion, Lancel, etc. can be ruled out.


http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/48960-book-spoilers-an-unexpected-death/page__view__findpost__p__2427304



From what I read there I as a book reader probably won't notice. ^_^


Yes, the most likely candidate for who is killed off in book 1 vs 3 is + Show Spoiler +
Rast
Cataphract
Profile Joined August 2010
United States69 Posts
May 08 2011 08:34 GMT
#2339
I got a question for those that have read the books.

+ Show Spoiler +
When Jon first meets Mance, Mance tells him he was at winterfell when the king was there. Do you guys think they had it planned out that far in advance and had the person they want to play him walk around as an extra in some of the scenes? Or do you think they will show a small flashback when they get to A Storm of Swords?
Nightfall.589
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada766 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 09:28:48
May 08 2011 09:26 GMT
#2340
On May 08 2011 17:34 Cataphract wrote:
I got a question for those that have read the books.

+ Show Spoiler +
When Jon first meets Mance, Mance tells him he was at winterfell when the king was there. Do you guys think they had it planned out that far in advance and had the person they want to play him walk around as an extra in some of the scenes? Or do you think they will show a small flashback when they get to A Storm of Swords?


+ Show Spoiler +
I'm pretty sure that'll be completely cut.

The whole point of Jon's exchange with Mance, was Jon giving a good reason for going turncloak - "Remember where they sat the bastard?"

Since TV Jon wasn't even present at the feast hall, I can't see Mance's presence at Winterfell advancing the plot any. I'm pretty sure TV Jon will do something else to convince Mance that he is not loyal to the Night's Watch.
Proof by Legislation: An entire body of (sort-of) elected officials is more correct than all of the known laws of physics, math and science as a whole. -Scott McIntyre
Prev 1 115 116 117 118 119 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1201
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 277
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1201
ByuN 455
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 277
Reynor 232
EmSc Tv 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24497
Calm 2401
Shuttle 367
Mini 172
White-Ra 143
ZZZero.O 86
firebathero 83
scan(afreeca) 24
soO 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11240
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3824
Liquid`Hasu548
MindelVK5
Other Games
summit1g4630
Liquid`RaSZi2258
fl0m1721
FrodaN1313
olofmeister731
B2W.Neo711
Khaldor494
Beastyqt387
Livibee179
crisheroes164
Mew2King70
Pyrionflax39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick742
BasetradeTV236
StarCraft 2
angryscii 17
EmSc Tv 7
EmSc2Tv 7
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach38
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1264
• Shiphtur652
• WagamamaTV419
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 37m
Replay Cast
3h 37m
OSC
16h 37m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.