• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:03
CEST 18:03
KST 01:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War195.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8601 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 1125

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
May 02 2014 07:31 GMT
#22481
On May 02 2014 16:25 DennizR wrote:
I said it before and I'll say it again; Charles Dance deserves an Emmy for his acting in GoT. I recently rewatched the series from S1 and he is more or less amazing in every scene he is in... granted I do like the character as well. Dinklage was great in S1 and deservedly got the emmy though.


+1000000. Dance and Dinklage knock it out of the park nearly every scene they're in.

The gent who plays Bronn is quietly great too, wish his character got more screen time. A rogue's rogue if you ever saw one.

I'm also surprised at how awesome Rory McCann has been at making The Hound a complex, interesting character. He doesn't get to say much, but everything that comes out of his mouth has gravitas.


User was warned for being hilarious
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
May 02 2014 07:32 GMT
#22482
In my opinion Jack Gleeson shines above the others just because he has a character that is so extreme compared to others, and does a good job at it.

For their roles/chracters, I think most of the actors do a good job. I personally like the actor of Davos, and would give him 2nd place. Charles Dance, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, and Nikolai Coster-Waldau all did great too. I think because of her character, it's easiest for me to give 3rd place to Lena.

In other news:
[image loading]
[image loading]
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
fartosis77
Profile Joined February 2013
Belgium461 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-02 20:07:11
May 02 2014 16:34 GMT
#22483
From the picture thread + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
I liked it :D

as requested
IM NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44309 Posts
May 02 2014 16:42 GMT
#22484
I voted for Margery solely because she is hot. I know it has nothing to do with the poll.
this is a quote
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44309 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-03 02:59:15
May 02 2014 16:44 GMT
#22485
On May 03 2014 01:34 fartosis77 wrote:
From the picture thread + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
I liked it :D

this. is. awesome.

also i think you should edit it and put a spoiler tag around it. it's in the TL basic rules
this is a quote
CatfooD
Profile Joined April 2010
United States203 Posts
May 02 2014 16:48 GMT
#22486
On May 03 2014 01:42 goody153 wrote:
I voted for Margery solely because she is hot. I know it has nothing to do with the poll.


What a way to destroy the point of the poll.
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44309 Posts
May 02 2014 16:49 GMT
#22487
On May 03 2014 01:48 CatfooD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2014 01:42 goody153 wrote:
I voted for Margery solely because she is hot. I know it has nothing to do with the poll.


What a way to destroy the point of the poll.

on serious notes

the actor playing Reek is pretty good.
this is a quote
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
May 02 2014 16:50 GMT
#22488
I think all the Lannisters are excellent actors. (Charles Dance, Lena Headey, Nikolai Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Jack Gleeson). I don't dislike any of the actors on the show but if I had to pick a house for best actors, it would be the Lannisters.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
May 02 2014 16:51 GMT
#22489
On May 03 2014 01:50 Darkhorse wrote:
I think all the Lannisters are excellent actors. (Charles Dance, Lena Headey, Nikolai Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Jack Gleeson). I don't dislike any of the actors on the show but if I had to pick a house for best actors, it would be the Lannisters.

Yeah i agree, followed by House Martell :D
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
CatfooD
Profile Joined April 2010
United States203 Posts
May 02 2014 16:51 GMT
#22490
I personally think Mark Addy (who played Robert Baratheon) was my favorite actor. He was always entertaining as hell, and he completely sold me on the role of Robert Baratheon in S1 hands-down. His expressions, tones, reactions, interactions, facial expressions, laughter, anger, etc. were all perfect -- I enjoyed his scenes more than any other in S1. However, there is absolutely no way to deny the excellence of Charles Dance, Jack Gleeson and Peter Dinklage.in that order, in my opinion.
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-02 17:12:20
May 02 2014 17:05 GMT
#22491
On May 02 2014 16:22 [[Starlight]] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2014 16:03 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On May 02 2014 15:54 urboss wrote:
Yeah, I'm not gonna list all ~400 characters.
These are the obvious ones.


Yea you're right Stannis is a pretty minor character


The main problem with Stannis on the show is that he's pretty boring as played.

My friends nicknamed him 'Stannis Stone-Face'.



I think his deadpan look and frown is awesome, and perfectly fits the character. He is one of my favorite actors in the show. Davos and Ygritte who are not on the list either are awesome as well.

Although there are also alot of other actors in the show I like, it is just hard to pick with so many good ones.
But good actors not mentioned before that are also on point are the actors of Jeor Mormont, Roose Bolton, Ramsay, Walder Frey and several others.

I rate Charles Dance a little lower than most simply because he is just the same when he is out of his role. He does not have to "act" as much as others, he is basically showing his natural mannerisms. Of course this also highlights how perfectly he is cast. Same is true for Peter Dinklage to an extent actually.

Off-season = best season
scudst0rm
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1149 Posts
May 02 2014 17:38 GMT
#22492
On May 03 2014 01:44 goody153 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2014 01:34 fartosis77 wrote:
From the picture thread+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
I liked it :D

this. is. awesome.

also i think you should edit it and put a spoiler tag around it. it's in the TL basic rules


Yeah, Zatic is already pretty sour about gifs. Don't want to provoke his ire any further.
You're like a one ranger army comin' at me...
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-03 15:04:48
May 02 2014 23:41 GMT
#22493
On May 03 2014 02:38 scudst0rm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2014 01:44 goody153 wrote:
On May 03 2014 01:34 fartosis77 wrote:
From the picture thread+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
I liked it :D

this. is. awesome.

also i think you should edit it and put a spoiler tag around it. it's in the TL basic rules


Yeah, Zatic is already pretty sour about gifs. Don't want to provoke his ire any further.

goody153 gosu!
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
May 03 2014 00:09 GMT
#22494
speaking of actors, I am not a big fan the way they are having little finger act. All they need to do is to give him a longer mustache and an evil guy hat and he's some cartoon. He was a much better actor in the earlier seasons, which leads me to believe this is the directors shoehorning in the actor. Which is too bad.
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
May 03 2014 00:39 GMT
#22495
On May 03 2014 01:51 CatfooD wrote:
I personally think Mark Addy (who played Robert Baratheon) was my favorite actor. He was always entertaining as hell, and he completely sold me on the role of Robert Baratheon in S1 hands-down. His expressions, tones, reactions, interactions, facial expressions, laughter, anger, etc. were all perfect -- I enjoyed his scenes more than any other in S1. However, there is absolutely no way to deny the excellence of Charles Dance, Jack Gleeson and Peter Dinklage.in that order, in my opinion.


Same here..

AKMU / IU
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
May 03 2014 01:54 GMT
#22496
Damn, just saw the episode.

TBH I love littlefinger's lines as of recent. The music and his intonations reminded me a lot of his "Chaos is a Ladder" speech. If only his voiceover went on for a little more time after the cut to Olenna and Margaery, it would've been perfect.

Also I love the cut from Snow assembling people to march on Craster's to Jeor's skull. The mutineers really have it made for them up there
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
scudst0rm
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1149 Posts
May 03 2014 02:48 GMT
#22497
On May 03 2014 01:51 CatfooD wrote:
I personally think Mark Addy (who played Robert Baratheon) was my favorite actor. He was always entertaining as hell, and he completely sold me on the role of Robert Baratheon in S1 hands-down. His expressions, tones, reactions, interactions, facial expressions, laughter, anger, etc. were all perfect -- I enjoyed his scenes more than any other in S1. However, there is absolutely no way to deny the excellence of Charles Dance, Jack Gleeson and Peter Dinklage.in that order, in my opinion.


I think the reason I found season 1 so much more engrossing is because we had seasoned actors like him and Sean Bean at the center of the story. Now the show is relying more and more on the younger actors to drive to story and I don't find it as captivating. Charles Dance and P. Dinky are still great and there scenes are generally the highlight of the episode for me.

Also, it probably helped that I didn't realize King Robert was Fred Flintstone until after the first season.
You're like a one ranger army comin' at me...
urboss
Profile Joined September 2013
Austria1223 Posts
May 03 2014 05:00 GMT
#22498
Good to see some love for Kristian Nairn!
CatfooD
Profile Joined April 2010
United States203 Posts
May 03 2014 06:49 GMT
#22499
Somewhere along the way it was mentioned that Tyrion's judges during his trial will be Tywin Lannister, Mace Tyrell, and Oberyn Martell. Who chose them to be judges for his trial?? Can someone tell me the significance of each of these judges for or against Tyrion, even his father. I am not sure whether his dad being a judge would be good or bad news for Tyrion -- does he believe that Tyrion didn't do it, or does he want Tyrion to die, although he said last season that he could have let "the waves carry him out to sea" when he was born.

Also, Oberyn wants all Lannisters to die basically, but what was the reason that Tyrion and Oberyn are kind of friends? Can someone explain the deal between Tywin and Oberyn -- Tywin's letting Oberyn be a judge to get at the Mountain for murdering his sister?

What about Mace Tyrell? We barely saw him and don't even think we heard a dialog with him. What is his stance with or against Tyrion? I am just trying to figure out how biased the trial will be and for what reasons.

Please if you're a book reader don't answer and pretend it's speculation. I am only interested in what we know in the show so far and just need some help putting the pieces last 4 episodes back together.
jcroisdale
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1543 Posts
May 03 2014 07:40 GMT
#22500
On May 03 2014 15:49 CatfooD wrote:
Somewhere along the way it was mentioned that Tyrion's judges during his trial will be Tywin Lannister, Mace Tyrell, and Oberyn Martell. Who chose them to be judges for his trial?? Can someone tell me the significance of each of these judges for or against Tyrion, even his father. I am not sure whether his dad being a judge would be good or bad news for Tyrion -- does he believe that Tyrion didn't do it, or does he want Tyrion to die, although he said last season that he could have let "the waves carry him out to sea" when he was born.

Also, Oberyn wants all Lannisters to die basically, but what was the reason that Tyrion and Oberyn are kind of friends? Can someone explain the deal between Tywin and Oberyn -- Tywin's letting Oberyn be a judge to get at the Mountain for murdering his sister?

What about Mace Tyrell? We barely saw him and don't even think we heard a dialog with him. What is his stance with or against Tyrion? I am just trying to figure out how biased the trial will be and for what reasons.

Please if you're a book reader don't answer and pretend it's speculation. I am only interested in what we know in the show so far and just need some help putting the pieces last 4 episodes back together.


Well can we even be sure Tywin knows what way he is voting. I sort of took it as hes not sure but wants to be the one deciding. Also Mace Tyrell will be voting how ever Tywin tells him to vote same thing with Oberyn.

Obyern being on the jury is an invitation from Tywin to put the past behind them and start a new beginning.

"I think bringing a toddler to a movie theater is a terrible idea. They are too young to understand what is happening it would be like giving your toddler acid. Bad idea." - Sinensis
Prev 1 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31750
Calm 6275
Bisu 2701
Jaedong 1057
BeSt 488
Rush 429
Stork 376
Soma 373
Larva 361
Horang2 321
[ Show more ]
Light 260
ZerO 181
Snow 176
Zeus 165
Free 147
Mind 124
910 106
Barracks 73
Liquid`Ret 63
Killer 53
Shinee 34
Trap 34
Hyun 32
ToSsGirL 30
Terrorterran 25
Aegong 24
Bale 23
sorry 21
Rock 18
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 10
Sexy 10
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc9249
XaKoH 423
Counter-Strike
fl0m4852
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes583
Other Games
singsing2296
hiko910
B2W.Neo703
FrodaN396
Mlord379
mouzStarbuck302
DeMusliM204
Hui .175
Livibee163
RotterdaM124
Trikslyr85
QueenE72
KnowMe64
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)22
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3188
• TFBlade617
Other Games
• Shiphtur764
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 57m
Big Brain Bouts
17h 57m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
Patches Events
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.