• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:35
CEST 21:35
KST 04:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8815 users

D3 Hardcore Community - Page 9

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 60 Next
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
January 24 2013 21:11 GMT
#161
On January 25 2013 05:53 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 05:28 Eschaton wrote:
Why don't we use the player database as a ladder of sorts? Sort the list by paragon level, a little competition is good and would give people more motivation than the fancy graphics you see when leveling up. Besides, it will be nice to see who is active, as the list grows longer. Deceased characters can be moved to a hall of fame


This is a good idea... I will definitely find a way to incorporate this. The only this is, it doesn't automatically update, so it would be a pretty big task to keep it up-to-date? ^^


I have a google doc that can import character info given a name+# using a script. Maybe I can find a way to make it automatically import para level of a specified character from input in a different column, and then update the list.
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 24 2013 21:26 GMT
#162
On January 25 2013 06:11 Eschaton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 05:53 ChosenSC2 wrote:
On January 25 2013 05:28 Eschaton wrote:
Why don't we use the player database as a ladder of sorts? Sort the list by paragon level, a little competition is good and would give people more motivation than the fancy graphics you see when leveling up. Besides, it will be nice to see who is active, as the list grows longer. Deceased characters can be moved to a hall of fame


This is a good idea... I will definitely find a way to incorporate this. The only this is, it doesn't automatically update, so it would be a pretty big task to keep it up-to-date? ^^


I have a google doc that can import character info given a name+# using a script. Maybe I can find a way to make it automatically import para level of a specified character from input in a different column, and then update the list.


That would be tight gl :D
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 24 2013 21:50 GMT
#163
Finally did get a video added to the OP about why to play Hardcore. I'll be on later tonight if anyone is gaming etc! Gotta go to work for 4 hours
nRoot
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany928 Posts
January 24 2013 23:29 GMT
#164
Hey Chosen, thanks for taking care of this thread !

I think the "HC Compilation" from the very old thread
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=344157
might be a worthy addition to the OP, take a look
Staboteur
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada1873 Posts
January 25 2013 02:44 GMT
#165
Sign me up! Fleetfeet#1801

Doing a found item Wizard at the moment! Level 27, and not even any close calls yet!
I'm actually Fleetfeet D:
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 25 2013 04:45 GMT
#166
On January 25 2013 11:44 Staboteur wrote:
Sign me up! Fleetfeet#1801

Doing a found item Wizard at the moment! Level 27, and not even any close calls yet!


Will add ya to the list, what server sir?
Staboteur
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada1873 Posts
January 25 2013 05:52 GMT
#167
NA!
I'm actually Fleetfeet D:
TangyOrange
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore87 Posts
January 25 2013 10:24 GMT
#168
Nice video
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
January 25 2013 17:30 GMT
#169
Reporting in! Rannasha#2595 on EU, killing my Barbarians with brutal efficiency.

Speaking of which, I lost my P7 Barb yesterday on an A1 farm at MP1 due to carelessness and not having played for a while. Sucks to be rusty. Which leads me to a quick question: What's the top way to level when solo? I've done normal on MP10 with +XP gear (and ruby-weapon) to level rapidly, but around A4 normal I started to outlevel the content which killed my XP-gains. So I wonder if it's better to level with high MP or low/none.
Such flammable little insects!
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 25 2013 18:49 GMT
#170
On January 26 2013 02:30 Rannasha wrote:
Reporting in! Rannasha#2595 on EU, killing my Barbarians with brutal efficiency.

Speaking of which, I lost my P7 Barb yesterday on an A1 farm at MP1 due to carelessness and not having played for a while. Sucks to be rusty. Which leads me to a quick question: What's the top way to level when solo? I've done normal on MP10 with +XP gear (and ruby-weapon) to level rapidly, but around A4 normal I started to outlevel the content which killed my XP-gains. So I wonder if it's better to level with high MP or low/none.


When I leveled my first character legitimately I played on MP10 all the way thru the game until Inferno. I was lucky and had friends who helped me with gold so I could shop the AH for upgrades constantly tho. It took me 18 hours of playing to from 0-60. If you get your character power leveled, you can go from 0-60 in about 3-4 hours but the person leveling you will usually want gold and it's pretty risky.
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
January 27 2013 00:45 GMT
#171
I just wanted to leave this here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sherwin-6277/hero/26362101

dude has 9 level 60 HC barbs, all at or above plvl 10. I guess in case the other 8 die he's ready to go?

???
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 27 2013 03:04 GMT
#172
On January 27 2013 09:45 Eschaton wrote:
I just wanted to leave this here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sherwin-6277/hero/26362101

dude has 9 level 60 HC barbs, all at or above plvl 10. I guess in case the other 8 die he's ready to go?

???


Ya now that my WD is pretty well close to God geared, or at least as close as I'm gonna get him for a while, I plan on having a back-up hero that I play on. Only play on my main (WD) when I'm in a full-party etc, so if I d/c there are people there to cover me. I'd rather have a tragic death on a back-up hero than my main that has 1 billion worth of gear on.
Burrfoot
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States1176 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 03:29:54
January 27 2013 03:29 GMT
#173
Got my first 60 HC toon! TIme to never play her again! :o)

Now to wait until they nerf ubers and buff drop rates for low mps! heh
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Davlok-1847/career
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 27 2013 04:16 GMT
#174
On January 27 2013 12:29 Burrfoot wrote:
Got my first 60 HC toon! TIme to never play her again! :o)

Now to wait until they nerf ubers and buff drop rates for low mps! heh


grats xD
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
January 27 2013 05:05 GMT
#175
So is the AH actually like active in hardcore?
eluv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
January 27 2013 06:12 GMT
#176
That depends how you define active. It's certainly more common than on softcore to simply be unable to find the exact stats you're looking for, but until you're looking for the absolute best gear, chances are you'll be able to find something. Whether or not its in your price range is another matter, especially at the lower levels. Softcore has been so saturated with "mediocre" gear that a full set of A3MP0-ready gear (that you won't die in every 10 minutes) that'll cost you maybe 1M-2M on SC is going to run you more like 10-15M on HC, at least in my experience.
"Yes I fucked my way to the GSL partnership" - Sundance
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
January 27 2013 16:26 GMT
#177
On January 27 2013 15:12 eluv wrote:
That depends how you define active. It's certainly more common than on softcore to simply be unable to find the exact stats you're looking for, but until you're looking for the absolute best gear, chances are you'll be able to find something. Whether or not its in your price range is another matter, especially at the lower levels. Softcore has been so saturated with "mediocre" gear that a full set of A3MP0-ready gear (that you won't die in every 10 minutes) that'll cost you maybe 1M-2M on SC is going to run you more like 10-15M on HC, at least in my experience.


And because that mediocre gear isn't overpopulated on HC (because people keep dieing), there is much more of a market for it than in SC. It's nice, to be able to sell a rare or two that dropped after most runs. I had a freakish drop of Inna's Radiance and IK belt within 5 minutes of eachother yesterday, and although both were pretty bad I netted 3m total. Great, but also maybe not as good as it sounds because 3m doesn't go so far in HC.
Scythe90
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia137 Posts
January 27 2013 20:22 GMT
#178
I just finished Inferno act 3, I think I have pretty average gear still but act 3 wasn't too hard.

What's the best way to start getting better gear/money, only have 2mil gold atm. Should I farm act 3 with 0MP or is there a better option?

Burrfoot
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States1176 Posts
January 27 2013 20:38 GMT
#179
Yea, I like the Harcore AH a lot more, mostly because I don't have to flip between 2 of them, but also because stuff that is mediocre actually sells as mentioned above. As a fresh 60, I got a pretty decent tanky/resist set for 50k a peice - I picked Poison Resist - and now just saving up for some more dps if it's priced low enough, but mostly just plan to save up for the upcoming 1.07 crafting bonanza.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Davlok-1847/career
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 27 2013 22:34 GMT
#180
On January 28 2013 05:22 Scythe90 wrote:
I just finished Inferno act 3, I think I have pretty average gear still but act 3 wasn't too hard.

What's the best way to start getting better gear/money, only have 2mil gold atm. Should I farm act 3 with 0MP or is there a better option?



Ya the best is probably farming A3 Inferno MP0, its fast and safe. You can also hop on a forum like JSP and do services for people like power-leveling etc if u want to make gold.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 647
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17335
Calm 3365
Mini 431
Mind 78
910 66
soO 48
Trap 31
Dota 2
Gorgc5704
canceldota62
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3803
Other Games
FrodaN956
Beastyqt575
Liquid`Hasu298
Khaldor239
Livibee193
C9.Mang0152
IndyStarCraft 125
olofmeister107
ZombieGrub61
QueenE52
BRAT_OK 28
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• blackmanpl 20
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2886
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis1682
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur705
• Scarra472
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 25m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.