• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:22
CEST 11:22
KST 18:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9013 users

D3 Hardcore Community - Page 7

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 60 Next
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
January 21 2013 14:42 GMT
#121
On January 21 2013 23:30 Namu wrote:
Is there a "recommended" class for a first time hardcore player?
I've played softcore a bit (probably 300~ hours spread across 3 classes mainly), but have never played d3 hardcore.


Witch doctor or Barbarian, and to a lesser extent monk.
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
Oxslow
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom42 Posts
January 21 2013 15:11 GMT
#122
Have a look at this page http://diablo.somepage.com/info/hardcore-deaths it shows what dies at what levels. To give you a quick run down Witch doctor, Barb, Monk, Wizard, DH in order of survivability.
meffo
Profile Joined October 2009
Sweden109 Posts
January 21 2013 16:46 GMT
#123
hi, hi. i'm a reasonably active HC player on eu. i play all classes. mostly wizard and monk i guess, but i also really enjoy witch doctor and demon hunter. barb is way too easy to play, in my opinion. i am always looking for more friends, so please feel free to add me!

Excidium #2837
for now we see through a mirror in an enigma, but then face to face. now I know in part, but then I shall know as also I was fully known. - 1 corinthians 13:1 (12)
powerbygood
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States54 Posts
January 21 2013 18:15 GMT
#124
Well, just lost my paragon 8 wizard. Got frozen in a pool of poison
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 21 2013 20:12 GMT
#125
On January 22 2013 00:11 Oxslow wrote:
Have a look at this page http://diablo.somepage.com/info/hardcore-deaths it shows what dies at what levels. To give you a quick run down Witch doctor, Barb, Monk, Wizard, DH in order of survivability.


Thank you for that post, very interesting to look at. Might have to add some of that stuff to the OP.
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 21 2013 20:12 GMT
#126
On January 22 2013 01:46 meffo wrote:
hi, hi. i'm a reasonably active HC player on eu. i play all classes. mostly wizard and monk i guess, but i also really enjoy witch doctor and demon hunter. barb is way too easy to play, in my opinion. i am always looking for more friends, so please feel free to add me!

Excidium #2837


Added you to the database located in the OP, gL finding people to play with
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
January 22 2013 00:44 GMT
#127
On January 22 2013 03:15 powerbygood wrote:
Well, just lost my paragon 8 wizard. Got frozen in a pool of poison


RIP
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
January 22 2013 07:50 GMT
#128
On January 22 2013 03:15 powerbygood wrote:
Well, just lost my paragon 8 wizard. Got frozen in a pool of poison



Sry mate RIP....
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
Oxslow
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom42 Posts
January 22 2013 11:02 GMT
#129
RIP Well it looks like poison is getting a buff in 1.0.7 so more of us might fall that way.
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
January 22 2013 11:08 GMT
#130
Well it's not the poison that killed you, it's getting frozen. Frozen is usually death in hardcore if theres any mobs near you

Better luck next time!
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
Everlong
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-22 13:02:09
January 22 2013 12:52 GMT
#131
I'm about to quit SC and start HC, I have SC monk lvl 53 paragon. I'd like to trade everything for HC gold to have some economy to support more classes or few deaths.. Any advice, how could I do that? Is there anyone willing to do this kind of trade?

My profile:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rope-2777/hero/781496

Tank you, sorry for offtopic..

edit: EU, Rope#2777
nimbim
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany986 Posts
January 22 2013 18:03 GMT
#132
My Wizard has 500 allres, 60k life, 56,9% armor reduction and 24k dps. I am currently trying to progress in Act 2 Inferno, but I'm not sure if it's safe. Any Wizard who can solo Act 4 maybe share his stats+build?
HorsemasterK
Profile Joined August 2010
United States606 Posts
January 22 2013 19:56 GMT
#133
Finally moved on to Act 3 after farming Act 2 for a good while. My stats were something like ~50k life, 600AR, 400LoH, 4k armor and 25k - 45k dps depending on my Soul Harvest/Gruesome Feast stacks.

Get LoH or Life Regen (unless you have enough DPS for Life Steal). I had ditched my LoH for a bunch of DPS on my amulet and even though my dps went up, my farming speed went down, as I had to play more conservatively. I got the LoH back on one of my rings and it was smooth sailing.

I am now able to do Alkaizer runs, albeit much more slowly than is efficient, but at least I'm outta Vault of the Assassin ^^ Found a weapon upgrade while doing these that added 5k to my dps, so I'm up to around 40k average now.
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 22 2013 20:23 GMT
#134
I've always preferred Life Regen personally (Witch Doctor). For the simple fact that, when I'm in trouble / need life, I'm not attacking, I'm running. So that 1800 life / second really helps when I'm trying to flee. Now, for a Barb / Monk or something stuck in the fray attacking, I would prefer LoH or Life Steal.
HorsemasterK
Profile Joined August 2010
United States606 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-22 21:27:28
January 22 2013 21:23 GMT
#135
On January 23 2013 05:23 ChosenSC2 wrote:
I've always preferred Life Regen personally (Witch Doctor). For the simple fact that, when I'm in trouble / need life, I'm not attacking, I'm running. So that 1800 life / second really helps when I'm trying to flee. Now, for a Barb / Monk or something stuck in the fray attacking, I would prefer LoH or Life Steal.


Yep, I agree that life regen is better if you can get a bunch of it. Given my budget, 400-500 LoH keeps me topped off just fine, and its easy to drop an Acid Cloud even when running to get all my life back. That said, if you can afford that much Life Regen, I'm sure its better ^^

My next goal is 24% move speed, 100-200 more AR and MOAR DEE PEE ESS.

edit: just won some Lacuni with Int/Vit, so scratch that move speed ^^
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-22 23:33:17
January 22 2013 21:28 GMT
#136
After getting to 60, I have to say WOW everything is expensive in HC. So much so that I feel that I have to completely disregard the gear advice from the barb thread due to feasibility; most will tell new barbs to go for 2-piece IK. In HC? Riiight. However, loot seems the same; my one (and only) 60+ leg in HC thus far was none other than the infamous Gladiator Gauntlets. GG. Wait, gladiator gauntles = gg ... Bliz is trolling us.

Any HC barbs want to throw out some numbers for survivability in A3 MP0? I'm at 9400 armor / 750 AR / 1050 vit, ~700k EHP. DPS is insanely low, 18k.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Eschaton-1341/hero/30671340

I'm looking for a few short-term gear goals in the 1-10m range that will let me get safely into A3.

Also... I need to switch Sprint for Leap, don't I? I have a feeling not having Leap is going to get me murdered. Twice now I've got down to ~50% HP not by being frozen but by being blocked in by elites that can teleport & surround. Rend + Revenge kept me alive thankfully.
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 22 2013 22:55 GMT
#137
On January 23 2013 06:28 Eschaton wrote:
After getting to 60, I have to say WOW everything is expensive in HC. So much so that I feel that I have to completely disregard the gear advice from the barb thread due to feasibility; most will tell new barbs to go for 2-piece IK. In HC? Riiight. However, loot seems the same; my one (and only) 60+ leg in HC thus far was non other than the infamous Gladiator Gauntlets. GG. Wait, gladiator gauntles = gg ... Bliz is trolling us.

Any HC barbs want to throw out some numbers for survivability in A3 MP0? I'm at 9400 armor / 750 AR / 1050 vit, ~700k EHP. DPS is insanely low, 18k.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Eschaton-1341/hero/30671340

I'm looking for a few short-term gear goals in the 1-10m range that will let me get safely into A3.

Also... I need to switch Sprint for Leap, don't I? I have a feeling not having Leap is going to get me murdered. Twice now I've got down to ~50% HP not by being frozen but by being blocked in my elites that can teleport & surround. Rend + Revenge kept me alive thankfully.


The prices have seemed to up a bit lately, I don't really know the exact reason for it...

To answer ur question, I see both Sprint and Leap being used by Barbs I play with. Until you are well-geared I would stick with Leap though, it can help get you out of a sticky situation. Sprint is more for farming efficiently once you have God gear. If you are patient and do bidding instead of buyout, and browse the AH 5x per day or so, you should be able to find some upgrades that are priced right. It just takes patience and a lot of shopping around.
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-22 23:33:00
January 22 2013 23:32 GMT
#138
*wrong thread
DerSchober
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria66 Posts
January 23 2013 02:26 GMT
#139
i did a3 mp0 with 50k hp, 800 allres, 9k armor and about 22k dmg

kinda risky near the end of the act tho, but if u have stable internet and play safely, u should be fine with those stats
i use neither sprint nor leap but charge with merciless assault run which can be pretty awesome
and WotB is a must in hc imo
powerbygood
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States54 Posts
January 23 2013 02:43 GMT
#140
On January 23 2013 04:56 HorsemasterK wrote:
Finally moved on to Act 3 after farming Act 2 for a good while. My stats were something like ~50k life, 600AR, 400LoH, 4k armor and 25k - 45k dps depending on my Soul Harvest/Gruesome Feast stacks.

Get LoH or Life Regen (unless you have enough DPS for Life Steal). I had ditched my LoH for a bunch of DPS on my amulet and even though my dps went up, my farming speed went down, as I had to play more conservatively. I got the LoH back on one of my rings and it was smooth sailing.

I am now able to do Alkaizer runs, albeit much more slowly than is efficient, but at least I'm outta Vault of the Assassin ^^ Found a weapon upgrade while doing these that added 5k to my dps, so I'm up to around 40k average now.



Oh, well I had 1100 AR, 6k armor and 1400 life regen and that crap still owned me. Don't know why but being frozen is what i fear most now.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 166
EnDerr 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13442
Hyuk 470
Soma 178
Stork 177
actioN 127
Rush 125
EffOrt 86
Mong 78
Bisu 75
Shinee 69
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 59
Killer 58
ToSsGirL 48
Bale 47
Shine 43
Noble 30
Sharp 30
Hm[arnc] 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 13
HiyA 9
sorry 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1692
League of Legends
JimRising 441
Counter-Strike
olofmeister915
shoxiejesuss912
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King152
Other Games
gofns24263
summit1g7806
singsing1170
ceh9511
crisheroes148
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick691
BasetradeTV148
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 26
• StrangeGG 13
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV162
• lizZardDota2157
League of Legends
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur721
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
38m
INu's Battles
1h 38m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 38m
OSC
12h 53m
Replay Cast
13h 38m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.