• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:32
CEST 03:32
KST 10:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9359 users

D3 Hardcore Community - Page 51

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 60 Next
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
September 20 2013 23:08 GMT
#1001
On September 21 2013 08:02 Black Gun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 04:32 ChosenSC2 wrote:
For the person asking about what WD stuff to use.. What I've used (Have been ranked top 5 on server, have never died or even proc'd Spirit Vessel for 80 paragon levels)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChoseN-1176/hero/32007802

Any questions just post and I'll answer.

which mp do you usually play?


I'm an efficiency / safety whore so I play at whatever MP I can smash through efficiently. Depending on the skill of the players I'm with will determine what MP level I play and also what act / run we are doing.

A standard Act 1 XP run I will usually MP 6-7.
A standard Act 2 run will usually 5-7.
Warrior's Rest DE farming is usually 8-10.
Act 3 no one plays unless they need keys, so usually I'll key rusn act 3 @ 6 or 7.
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
September 20 2013 23:14 GMT
#1002
On September 21 2013 08:08 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 08:02 Black Gun wrote:
On September 21 2013 04:32 ChosenSC2 wrote:
For the person asking about what WD stuff to use.. What I've used (Have been ranked top 5 on server, have never died or even proc'd Spirit Vessel for 80 paragon levels)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChoseN-1176/hero/32007802

Any questions just post and I'll answer.

which mp do you usually play?


I'm an efficiency / safety whore so I play at whatever MP I can smash through efficiently. Depending on the skill of the players I'm with will determine what MP level I play and also what act / run we are doing.

A standard Act 1 XP run I will usually MP 6-7.
A standard Act 2 run will usually 5-7.
Warrior's Rest DE farming is usually 8-10.
Act 3 no one plays unless they need keys, so usually I'll key rusn act 3 @ 6 or 7.

hmm, sounds reasonable. but still... isnt it kinda risky to fight reflect packs on mp7 with only 3k armor and 3ls?
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
September 20 2013 23:31 GMT
#1003
On September 21 2013 08:14 Black Gun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 08:08 ChosenSC2 wrote:
On September 21 2013 08:02 Black Gun wrote:
On September 21 2013 04:32 ChosenSC2 wrote:
For the person asking about what WD stuff to use.. What I've used (Have been ranked top 5 on server, have never died or even proc'd Spirit Vessel for 80 paragon levels)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChoseN-1176/hero/32007802

Any questions just post and I'll answer.

which mp do you usually play?


I'm an efficiency / safety whore so I play at whatever MP I can smash through efficiently. Depending on the skill of the players I'm with will determine what MP level I play and also what act / run we are doing.

A standard Act 1 XP run I will usually MP 6-7.
A standard Act 2 run will usually 5-7.
Warrior's Rest DE farming is usually 8-10.
Act 3 no one plays unless they need keys, so usually I'll key rusn act 3 @ 6 or 7.

hmm, sounds reasonable. but still... isnt it kinda risky to fight reflect packs on mp7 with only 3k armor and 3ls?


I literally don't even notice if Reflect is an affix... My Phys Res is over 1000+ (Phys Res determines how much reflects to you) while playing and when you do 200+ DPS, 3% is pretty significant.
lOstHeaven
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Canada212 Posts
September 20 2013 23:48 GMT
#1004
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 21 2013 07:45 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 07:08 lOstHeaven wrote:
Its raining this sub-forum makes me wants to play. Bought the game and hopefully i won't die in this mode.


With the introduction of MP levels and low level gear being available via the AH for reasonable prices, you should be ok if you play smart and don't disconnect.


I got "butchered" at lvl 13, I just bought the game so the auction house is not available.
Lost in Heaven
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
September 21 2013 00:06 GMT
#1005
On September 21 2013 08:48 lOstHeaven wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 21 2013 07:45 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 07:08 lOstHeaven wrote:
Its raining this sub-forum makes me wants to play. Bought the game and hopefully i won't die in this mode.


With the introduction of MP levels and low level gear being available via the AH for reasonable prices, you should be ok if you play smart and don't disconnect.


I got "butchered" at lvl 13, I just bought the game so the auction house is not available.


Without the AH I wouldn't play on MP10 very much, especially vs a boss. Try and get a group together to play, use the forums etc.

Blizz really needs to add chat channels.
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
September 21 2013 02:15 GMT
#1006
On September 21 2013 09:06 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 08:48 lOstHeaven wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 21 2013 07:45 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 07:08 lOstHeaven wrote:
Its raining this sub-forum makes me wants to play. Bought the game and hopefully i won't die in this mode.


With the introduction of MP levels and low level gear being available via the AH for reasonable prices, you should be ok if you play smart and don't disconnect.


I got "butchered" at lvl 13, I just bought the game so the auction house is not available.


Without the AH I wouldn't play on MP10 very much, especially vs a boss. Try and get a group together to play, use the forums etc.

Blizz really needs to add chat channels.


The fact that there are chat channels, but someone who has played quite a bit of D3 doesn't know about/acknowledge them, just goes to show how horribly designed the current chat channels are. I'm sure (ok not sure, it's the Bliz D3 team after all, just hoping) that will change quite a bit along with the closing of the AH.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
September 21 2013 02:39 GMT
#1007
Can you make your own chat channels or is it just the premade ones?
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
September 21 2013 02:54 GMT
#1008
On September 21 2013 04:32 ChosenSC2 wrote:
For the person asking about what WD stuff to use.. What I've used (Have been ranked top 5 on server, have never died or even proc'd Spirit Vessel for 80 paragon levels)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChoseN-1176/hero/32007802

Any questions just post and I'll answer.

why do you use a ruby instead of an emerald?
why do you use sacrifice + dogs?
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
September 21 2013 03:49 GMT
#1009
On September 21 2013 08:31 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 08:14 Black Gun wrote:
On September 21 2013 08:08 ChosenSC2 wrote:
On September 21 2013 08:02 Black Gun wrote:
On September 21 2013 04:32 ChosenSC2 wrote:
For the person asking about what WD stuff to use.. What I've used (Have been ranked top 5 on server, have never died or even proc'd Spirit Vessel for 80 paragon levels)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChoseN-1176/hero/32007802

Any questions just post and I'll answer.

which mp do you usually play?


I'm an efficiency / safety whore so I play at whatever MP I can smash through efficiently. Depending on the skill of the players I'm with will determine what MP level I play and also what act / run we are doing.

A standard Act 1 XP run I will usually MP 6-7.
A standard Act 2 run will usually 5-7.
Warrior's Rest DE farming is usually 8-10.
Act 3 no one plays unless they need keys, so usually I'll key rusn act 3 @ 6 or 7.

hmm, sounds reasonable. but still... isnt it kinda risky to fight reflect packs on mp7 with only 3k armor and 3ls?


I literally don't even notice if Reflect is an affix... My Phys Res is over 1000+ (Phys Res determines how much reflects to you) while playing and when you do 200+ DPS, 3% is pretty significant.

yes, i know that stacking phys res is good against reflect. but particularly because of your high dps (by hc standards...), i do see a risk of you oneshotting yourself. LS only gets to work if you are able to survive the initial damage reflect does to you. then, the taken damage is immediately replaced by the stolen back life. particularly because of your low armor, i was a bit sceptical. but thats probably not that much of an issue on mp7 yet.

maybe I'm also calculating with higher mitigation and LS requirements because i play CoB where i stand in the middle of all shit while you spam bears from greater distance. so yeah, my scepticism about your build was unfounded. the only difference is that you would never ever be able to safely farm fields or oasis on mp10 with your 3k armor and 3LS without help from a superb party... no matter how much phys res you stack. my setup, on the other hand, could achieve that with better gear and more dps.
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-21 04:34:35
September 21 2013 04:33 GMT
#1010
On September 21 2013 11:54 Frolossus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 04:32 ChosenSC2 wrote:
For the person asking about what WD stuff to use.. What I've used (Have been ranked top 5 on server, have never died or even proc'd Spirit Vessel for 80 paragon levels)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChoseN-1176/hero/32007802

Any questions just post and I'll answer.

why do you use a ruby instead of an emerald?
why do you use sacrifice + dogs?


I tried to simulate his profile in d3up, with a similar quality emerald he actually loses 10k dps and falls to 190k.

Infact even a radiant star ruby outperforms a marquise emerald.

I'm guessing it's because crits are still a chance, even though it happens more often than not after 45%, so the boost given to non crit damage outweigh 110% damage from critical hits.
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-21 05:40:53
September 21 2013 05:40 GMT
#1011
On September 21 2013 13:33 dartoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 11:54 Frolossus wrote:
On September 21 2013 04:32 ChosenSC2 wrote:
For the person asking about what WD stuff to use.. What I've used (Have been ranked top 5 on server, have never died or even proc'd Spirit Vessel for 80 paragon levels)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChoseN-1176/hero/32007802

Any questions just post and I'll answer.

why do you use a ruby instead of an emerald?
why do you use sacrifice + dogs?


I tried to simulate his profile in d3up, with a similar quality emerald he actually loses 10k dps and falls to 190k.

Infact even a radiant star ruby outperforms a marquise emerald.

I'm guessing it's because crits are still a chance, even though it happens more often than not after 45%, so the boost given to non crit damage outweigh 110% damage from critical hits.

the higher the cd he has from other gear slots, the higher the multiplier that is applied on the damage bonus of the ruby. in general: the lower the cc and the higher (!) the cd, the better for ruby compared to emerald; and vice versa.
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
September 21 2013 06:31 GMT
#1012
On September 21 2013 11:54 Frolossus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 04:32 ChosenSC2 wrote:
For the person asking about what WD stuff to use.. What I've used (Have been ranked top 5 on server, have never died or even proc'd Spirit Vessel for 80 paragon levels)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChoseN-1176/hero/32007802

Any questions just post and I'll answer.

why do you use a ruby instead of an emerald?
why do you use sacrifice + dogs?


I use Ruby because for my build it gives me more DPS than Emerald. The Sacrifice is my oh shit button for when I'm out of mana. I don't need it when I do low MP's and then I switch it to something else. But for Warrior Rest runs etc its nice cuz I know I have infinite mana.
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
September 21 2013 15:54 GMT
#1013
at what point is it okay to stop buying more vitality?
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
September 21 2013 17:01 GMT
#1014
On September 22 2013 00:54 Frolossus wrote:
at what point is it okay to stop buying more vitality?


Depends entirely on how much you need to feel stable, and the vit # alone is meaningless when taken out of context of life%, AR, armor etc. If you're going below half life regularly, you probably don't have enough EHP. A good rule of thumb that a lot of players use is 70k HP. On my barb that survived to p100, I liked to have at least 80-90k HP and 1.4 m EHP, but it's nice to have a little more buffer when you are WWing and can suddenly find yourself at 1/2 life from a rubber band.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
September 22 2013 01:16 GMT
#1015
Bout to hit 60 on my WD, any tips for gearing him up? I've never played a WD really.
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
September 22 2013 02:13 GMT
#1016
On September 22 2013 10:16 Najda wrote:
Bout to hit 60 on my WD, any tips for gearing him up? I've never played a WD really.

whats your budget?
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
Sek-Kuar
Profile Joined November 2010
Czech Republic593 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-22 02:15:35
September 22 2013 02:14 GMT
#1017
Those shadow clones Diablo cast can be sometimes so stupidly OP...

On NM (mp 0) I instantly dropped to red screen and one of us actually died just from that 1 attack. And I was wearing this shield:

[image loading]
Scientists finally discovered what's wrong with the female brain: On the left side, there is nothing right, and on the right side, there's nothing left. [http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/213948/1/DJVibrejtr/]
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
September 22 2013 02:21 GMT
#1018
On September 22 2013 11:13 Black Gun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 10:16 Najda wrote:
Bout to hit 60 on my WD, any tips for gearing him up? I've never played a WD really.

whats your budget?


12m
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
September 22 2013 02:24 GMT
#1019
Is it worth levelling up the black smith?

I did it in sc, and was useful as I got a lot of upgrades from there. But that was patch 1.1, and I was playing all self found back then.
carmon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States220 Posts
September 22 2013 02:42 GMT
#1020
On September 22 2013 11:24 dartoo wrote:
Is it worth levelling up the black smith?

I did it in sc, and was useful as I got a lot of upgrades from there. But that was patch 1.1, and I was playing all self found back then.


the best gloves, bracers, shoulders, and ammys can be obtained by crafting. even if you are trying to settle for just good in slot pieces the crafting costs for the quality of items you get is unbeatable compared to what you buy on ah.
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings95
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 135
Sharp 54
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
Doublelift4022
Counter-Strike
taco 510
Other Games
summit1g7172
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0351
ViBE169
ToD84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick681
BasetradeTV172
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP90
• poizon28 41
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra871
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 29m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.