• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:42
CEST 22:42
KST 05:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20268Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9255 users

D3 Hardcore Community - Page 12

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 60 Next
TangyOrange
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore87 Posts
January 31 2013 07:11 GMT
#221
NUUUUUUUU D: RIP. I'll help you relevel if you still want to play HC
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 31 2013 07:43 GMT
#222
That sucks man :/ So many deaths this last couple weeks of high lvl characters
GosuNinja
Profile Joined July 2011
United States127 Posts
January 31 2013 08:04 GMT
#223
So i just hit 60 on my first HC toon about an hour ago, and maybe 10 minutes after hitting 60 i alt tabbed accedently and died. RIP RACCOON MAN.

My heart hurts!! Anyone want to make a new HC char with me? Or maybe help me lvl? XD
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
January 31 2013 08:53 GMT
#224
RIP!!

On January 31 2013 16:43 ChosenSC2 wrote:
That sucks man :/ So many deaths this last couple weeks of high lvl characters



Yeah it's crazy loads of my over para 40 mate's have died these past 7 days...
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
January 31 2013 08:54 GMT
#225
On January 30 2013 07:16 Eschaton wrote:
everything's ez 'till somebody dies xD



Lol guess you jinx-ed yourself :D

Dont quit HC, the first death is always the hardest
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
January 31 2013 11:10 GMT
#226
Don't think I'd be able to carry on playing if I lost a 40+ paragon character. I only play casually so it would take me ages to get there again
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
Burrfoot
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States1176 Posts
January 31 2013 11:59 GMT
#227
On January 31 2013 12:47 Eschaton wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

paragon 16 barb

died to frozen/waller/arcane:

[image loading]



I thought I had escaped the freeze attack, but it was one of those situations where there are multiple rounds of freezing blasts. Wouldn't have helped anyway as the walls trapped me in completely into a triangle space, while 4 arcane sentries spawned. I knew it was GG several seconds before it happened, but I did not fail to execute epic button mashing anyway xD

Only time was lost on the toon, around 2-3m of gear was equipped. I was saving up gold for items that are actually good and in the process of selling a very nice witching hour for ~100m neighborhood.

Not sure yet if I'll come back to HC, or just cash out my HC stash.

Edit: Added the death pic. Thanks for making me relive that inglorious moment lol. Looking back I might have lived if I had leap instead of sprint (gangplank).


Ouch man! I don't know how I'd react when I lose my first only HC Monk. But you're right, you have to be built to tackled those arcane/wallers/freezers. Slow characters > dead characters! I liked Leap on my SC barb just to jump down from places heh.

I know it's probably not the best option, but gearing for a "Disconnect buffer" where you make your build let you live for 10 seconds while you lose connection is what I am slightly leaning towards - passive aoe damage like Backlash (aoe damage on dodge) or Submissions, and Earth Ally to taunt + being geared for at least 1k Life regen = I've lived thru 2 microwave incidents (wife turned on microwave downstairs, I'm upstairs on wireless = can't do anything for 30 seconds) I guess Barb's only have Rend as DC dps option. Not too familiar with their runes.

But good luck! If you do cash out, save at least a million or so incase you want to twink your way back sometime hehe.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Davlok-1847/career
nimbim
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany986 Posts
January 31 2013 14:40 GMT
#228
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


My advice: Don't do Belial with less than 40k dps, the bombing phase when hes at ~30% is just insane omg.
eluv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
January 31 2013 15:04 GMT
#229
On January 31 2013 23:40 nimbim wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


My advice: Don't do Belial with less than 40k dps, the bombing phase when hes at ~30% is just insane omg.


Or 650k EHP and some active mitigation/healing of some variety. At that point as long as you don't stand in one spot and just eat them, you can come through with about half your life at least without much trouble. At least that's how I did it on my DH with like 25k DPS.
"Yes I fucked my way to the GSL partnership" - Sundance
nimbim
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany986 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 15:24:53
January 31 2013 15:22 GMT
#230
The whole screen gets covered in explosions, there are only a few spots to stand safely and if your eyes focus on one of them in time is just a question of luck imo.
Wizards dont have absolute immunity skills like the monk or WD, which of course make living through that a lot easier. I can't calculate EHP now that I'm dead, but I had enough HP+allres to do the most nasty affix combos in act 2.
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 31 2013 20:47 GMT
#231
On January 31 2013 20:10 Nekovivie wrote:
Don't think I'd be able to carry on playing if I lost a 40+ paragon character. I only play casually so it would take me ages to get there again


There's no way I could go back to playing Softcore... HC is so much more fun. In SC there is no reason to play correctly, or plan, or be careful, or gear with the tough of balancing DPS and survive-ability. You just get ur DPS as high as you can and mindlessly run around dying and killing things. Its just a grind, no sense of achievement compared to HC.
Sindriss
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark263 Posts
January 31 2013 22:41 GMT
#232
Indeed, softcore is for pussies. HC is where the fun is !

I can happily say that my barb is now getting into action, especially with super lucky 40 mio IK helm drop. 10k armor, 55k dps, 60k hp - yeah, she is getting there alright!

Look forward to when I can farm mp 3 lol.
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
January 31 2013 22:52 GMT
#233
On February 01 2013 07:41 Sindriss wrote:
Indeed, softcore is for pussies. HC is where the fun is !

I can happily say that my barb is now getting into action, especially with super lucky 40 mio IK helm drop. 10k armor, 55k dps, 60k hp - yeah, she is getting there alright!

Look forward to when I can farm mp 3 lol.


I think u could farm a3 mp0 ^^
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
January 31 2013 23:34 GMT
#234
On February 01 2013 00:22 nimbim wrote:
The whole screen gets covered in explosions, there are only a few spots to stand safely and if your eyes focus on one of them in time is just a question of luck imo.
Wizards dont have absolute immunity skills like the monk or WD, which of course make living through that a lot easier. I can't calculate EHP now that I'm dead, but I had enough HP+allres to do the most nasty affix combos in act 2.


Sadly, this is one of the only fights left in this instalment of the Diablo franchise which rewards skill-full micro-based play.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
Steffa-NO
Profile Joined April 2011
60 Posts
February 01 2013 00:25 GMT
#235
Is it worth it to level your character with Cain's set (30% exp bonus) even if the stats are not ideal? Should I change now or at 60 or paragon 100 (lol).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mendulla-1647/hero/30999760

Dont look at the build im experimenting still.
Thanks for the help
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day." - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
February 01 2013 03:19 GMT
#236
On February 01 2013 08:34 willoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 00:22 nimbim wrote:
The whole screen gets covered in explosions, there are only a few spots to stand safely and if your eyes focus on one of them in time is just a question of luck imo.
Wizards dont have absolute immunity skills like the monk or WD, which of course make living through that a lot easier. I can't calculate EHP now that I'm dead, but I had enough HP+allres to do the most nasty affix combos in act 2.


Sadly, this is one of the only fights left in this instalment of the Diablo franchise which rewards skill-full micro-based play.


You mean hitting the macro button in uber fights is ez? My macro finger gets tired I'll have you know.
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
February 01 2013 03:33 GMT
#237
On February 01 2013 09:25 MendulaOblongata wrote:
Is it worth it to level your character with Cain's set (30% exp bonus) even if the stats are not ideal? Should I change now or at 60 or paragon 100 (lol).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mendulla-1647/hero/30999760

Dont look at the build im experimenting still.
Thanks for the help


Cain's is mostly used when you're getting powerleveled. Losing 3 slots for 30% xp isn't necessarily going to make the xp come that much faster when you solo
TangyOrange
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore87 Posts
February 01 2013 04:53 GMT
#238
I feel nervous, being on my first 60 as a DH. Doesn't help that I live in singapore so I average 250 ping >.<
Sindriss
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark263 Posts
February 01 2013 09:11 GMT
#239
On February 01 2013 07:52 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 07:41 Sindriss wrote:
Indeed, softcore is for pussies. HC is where the fun is !

I can happily say that my barb is now getting into action, especially with super lucky 40 mio IK helm drop. 10k armor, 55k dps, 60k hp - yeah, she is getting there alright!

Look forward to when I can farm mp 3 lol.


I think u could farm a3 mp0 ^^

I dont understand what you are trying to say. Either that I am not as geared as I think, or that I am overgeared ?
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
February 01 2013 09:15 GMT
#240
On February 01 2013 09:25 MendulaOblongata wrote:
Is it worth it to level your character with Cain's set (30% exp bonus) even if the stats are not ideal? Should I change now or at 60 or paragon 100 (lol).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mendulla-1647/hero/30999760

Dont look at the build im experimenting still.
Thanks for the help



You will die using Cain in inferno. Trust me.
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 576
ProTech137
RuFF_SC2 86
Nina 83
JuggernautJason70
Liquid`TLO 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20259
Calm 2456
Mini 176
Dewaltoss 110
firebathero 92
soO 50
Bale 25
PianO 16
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7865
monkeys_forever138
canceldota26
League of Legends
Doublelift2386
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1582
fl0m1224
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu839
Other Games
summit1g3968
FrodaN1831
Beastyqt509
shahzam496
mouzStarbuck325
B2W.Neo308
ToD211
C9.Mang0146
Trikslyr105
RotterdaM91
UpATreeSC78
Mew2King38
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• mYiSmile17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 7
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1027
• Shiphtur696
• WagamamaTV226
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 33m
Replay Cast
2h 18m
OSC
1d 2h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 13h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.