• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:27
CEST 09:27
KST 16:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9834 users

D3 Hardcore Community - Page 13

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 60 Next
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
February 01 2013 09:19 GMT
#241
On February 01 2013 18:11 Sindriss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 07:52 ChosenSC2 wrote:
On February 01 2013 07:41 Sindriss wrote:
Indeed, softcore is for pussies. HC is where the fun is !

I can happily say that my barb is now getting into action, especially with super lucky 40 mio IK helm drop. 10k armor, 55k dps, 60k hp - yeah, she is getting there alright!

Look forward to when I can farm mp 3 lol.


I think u could farm a3 mp0 ^^

I dont understand what you are trying to say. Either that I am not as geared as I think, or that I am overgeared ?



You can do mp1 no problem but more than that you are probably just slowing yourself down 'cause your dps is to low...

I solo mp3 from time to time but I have 129k dps unbuffed.... and I still find it isnt THAT efficient.
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
February 01 2013 10:07 GMT
#242
On February 01 2013 18:19 Douillos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 18:11 Sindriss wrote:
On February 01 2013 07:52 ChosenSC2 wrote:
On February 01 2013 07:41 Sindriss wrote:
Indeed, softcore is for pussies. HC is where the fun is !

I can happily say that my barb is now getting into action, especially with super lucky 40 mio IK helm drop. 10k armor, 55k dps, 60k hp - yeah, she is getting there alright!

Look forward to when I can farm mp 3 lol.


I think u could farm a3 mp0 ^^

I dont understand what you are trying to say. Either that I am not as geared as I think, or that I am overgeared ?



You can do mp1 no problem but more than that you are probably just slowing yourself down 'cause your dps is to low...

I solo mp3 from time to time but I have 129k dps unbuffed.... and I still find it isnt THAT efficient.


I agree 100%. I'm at 150k DPS with 950AllRes and 60K HP as a Witch Doctor and I still think it's almost dumb to farm on higher MP levels. The reward just isn't there for how much it slows you down. I'd rather fly through it safe and easy doing runs uber fast than sit there and fight to not even have much better drops or XP. Which I guess is changing with next patch ^^
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 11:21:12
February 01 2013 11:20 GMT
#243
On February 01 2013 19:07 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 18:19 Douillos wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:11 Sindriss wrote:
On February 01 2013 07:52 ChosenSC2 wrote:
On February 01 2013 07:41 Sindriss wrote:
Indeed, softcore is for pussies. HC is where the fun is !

I can happily say that my barb is now getting into action, especially with super lucky 40 mio IK helm drop. 10k armor, 55k dps, 60k hp - yeah, she is getting there alright!

Look forward to when I can farm mp 3 lol.


I think u could farm a3 mp0 ^^

I dont understand what you are trying to say. Either that I am not as geared as I think, or that I am overgeared ?



You can do mp1 no problem but more than that you are probably just slowing yourself down 'cause your dps is to low...

I solo mp3 from time to time but I have 129k dps unbuffed.... and I still find it isnt THAT efficient.


I agree 100%. I'm at 150k DPS with 950AllRes and 60K HP as a Witch Doctor and I still think it's almost dumb to farm on higher MP levels. The reward just isn't there for how much it slows you down. I'd rather fly through it safe and easy doing runs uber fast than sit there and fight to not even have much better drops or XP. Which I guess is changing with next patch ^^


Well, TBH mp0 is reallllllly boring. so mp1 is good <3
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
February 01 2013 15:51 GMT
#244
On February 01 2013 20:20 Douillos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 19:07 ChosenSC2 wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:19 Douillos wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:11 Sindriss wrote:
On February 01 2013 07:52 ChosenSC2 wrote:
On February 01 2013 07:41 Sindriss wrote:
Indeed, softcore is for pussies. HC is where the fun is !

I can happily say that my barb is now getting into action, especially with super lucky 40 mio IK helm drop. 10k armor, 55k dps, 60k hp - yeah, she is getting there alright!

Look forward to when I can farm mp 3 lol.


I think u could farm a3 mp0 ^^

I dont understand what you are trying to say. Either that I am not as geared as I think, or that I am overgeared ?



You can do mp1 no problem but more than that you are probably just slowing yourself down 'cause your dps is to low...

I solo mp3 from time to time but I have 129k dps unbuffed.... and I still find it isnt THAT efficient.


I agree 100%. I'm at 150k DPS with 950AllRes and 60K HP as a Witch Doctor and I still think it's almost dumb to farm on higher MP levels. The reward just isn't there for how much it slows you down. I'd rather fly through it safe and easy doing runs uber fast than sit there and fight to not even have much better drops or XP. Which I guess is changing with next patch ^^


Well, TBH mp0 is reallllllly boring. so mp1 is good <3


Ya for sure. When I said I don't play on higher MP levels I meant like 5+, I still do 1 and 2 a lot since it still goes fast / is efficient.
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
February 01 2013 16:15 GMT
#245
On February 02 2013 00:51 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 20:20 Douillos wrote:
On February 01 2013 19:07 ChosenSC2 wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:19 Douillos wrote:
On February 01 2013 18:11 Sindriss wrote:
On February 01 2013 07:52 ChosenSC2 wrote:
On February 01 2013 07:41 Sindriss wrote:
Indeed, softcore is for pussies. HC is where the fun is !

I can happily say that my barb is now getting into action, especially with super lucky 40 mio IK helm drop. 10k armor, 55k dps, 60k hp - yeah, she is getting there alright!

Look forward to when I can farm mp 3 lol.


I think u could farm a3 mp0 ^^

I dont understand what you are trying to say. Either that I am not as geared as I think, or that I am overgeared ?



You can do mp1 no problem but more than that you are probably just slowing yourself down 'cause your dps is to low...

I solo mp3 from time to time but I have 129k dps unbuffed.... and I still find it isnt THAT efficient.


I agree 100%. I'm at 150k DPS with 950AllRes and 60K HP as a Witch Doctor and I still think it's almost dumb to farm on higher MP levels. The reward just isn't there for how much it slows you down. I'd rather fly through it safe and easy doing runs uber fast than sit there and fight to not even have much better drops or XP. Which I guess is changing with next patch ^^


Well, TBH mp0 is reallllllly boring. so mp1 is good <3


Ya for sure. When I said I don't play on higher MP levels I meant like 5+, I still do 1 and 2 a lot since it still goes fast / is efficient.


Yep, but I agree, when the patch hits, higher mp will be soooo good
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
February 01 2013 16:53 GMT
#246
On February 01 2013 12:19 Eschaton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 08:34 willoc wrote:
On February 01 2013 00:22 nimbim wrote:
The whole screen gets covered in explosions, there are only a few spots to stand safely and if your eyes focus on one of them in time is just a question of luck imo.
Wizards dont have absolute immunity skills like the monk or WD, which of course make living through that a lot easier. I can't calculate EHP now that I'm dead, but I had enough HP+allres to do the most nasty affix combos in act 2.


Sadly, this is one of the only fights left in this instalment of the Diablo franchise which rewards skill-full micro-based play.


You mean hitting the macro button in uber fights is ez? My macro finger gets tired I'll have you know.


You should be careful using macros, they are against the ToS and many players have been temp and permanently banned for them (even macros built into mice). What I meant was dodging the pools Belial creates while constantly hitting him. Obviously this becomes almost impossible one he hits his enrage timer (around the 3rd wave of pools usually).
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
zf
Profile Joined April 2011
231 Posts
February 01 2013 17:23 GMT
#247
Hi all, what kind of stats do I need to run Act 3 MP0 solo as a demon hunter? I'm currently sitting in Act 2 at 48k dps and 480k ehp, but am scared to move on.
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
February 01 2013 17:26 GMT
#248
On February 02 2013 02:23 zf wrote:
Hi all, what kind of stats do I need to run Act 3 MP0 solo as a demon hunter? I'm currently sitting in Act 2 at 48k dps and 480k ehp, but am scared to move on.


DPS seems a bit low but you could always join a game with a friend who can handle A3 easily to help kind of ease you in to it and see how you hold up. I think u'd be able to live etc, just don't know if it'd be efficient / super-safe for you yet.
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
February 01 2013 17:44 GMT
#249
On February 02 2013 01:53 willoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 12:19 Eschaton wrote:
On February 01 2013 08:34 willoc wrote:
On February 01 2013 00:22 nimbim wrote:
The whole screen gets covered in explosions, there are only a few spots to stand safely and if your eyes focus on one of them in time is just a question of luck imo.
Wizards dont have absolute immunity skills like the monk or WD, which of course make living through that a lot easier. I can't calculate EHP now that I'm dead, but I had enough HP+allres to do the most nasty affix combos in act 2.


Sadly, this is one of the only fights left in this instalment of the Diablo franchise which rewards skill-full micro-based play.


You mean hitting the macro button in uber fights is ez? My macro finger gets tired I'll have you know.


You should be careful using macros, they are against the ToS and many players have been temp and permanently banned for them (even macros built into mice). What I meant was dodging the pools Belial creates while constantly hitting him. Obviously this becomes almost impossible one he hits his enrage timer (around the 3rd wave of pools usually).


Interesting, there was a discussion about this in the CM/WW thread where no one seemed to be able to find any evidence of anyone getting banned for this. But that was a month ago or so, maybe things have changed...

That's kind of sad actually, without using macros there are literally zero viable high MP builds for wiz.
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
February 01 2013 17:59 GMT
#250
On February 02 2013 02:44 Eschaton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 01:53 willoc wrote:
On February 01 2013 12:19 Eschaton wrote:
On February 01 2013 08:34 willoc wrote:
On February 01 2013 00:22 nimbim wrote:
The whole screen gets covered in explosions, there are only a few spots to stand safely and if your eyes focus on one of them in time is just a question of luck imo.
Wizards dont have absolute immunity skills like the monk or WD, which of course make living through that a lot easier. I can't calculate EHP now that I'm dead, but I had enough HP+allres to do the most nasty affix combos in act 2.


Sadly, this is one of the only fights left in this instalment of the Diablo franchise which rewards skill-full micro-based play.


You mean hitting the macro button in uber fights is ez? My macro finger gets tired I'll have you know.


You should be careful using macros, they are against the ToS and many players have been temp and permanently banned for them (even macros built into mice). What I meant was dodging the pools Belial creates while constantly hitting him. Obviously this becomes almost impossible one he hits his enrage timer (around the 3rd wave of pools usually).


Interesting, there was a discussion about this in the CM/WW thread where no one seemed to be able to find any evidence of anyone getting banned for this. But that was a month ago or so, maybe things have changed...

That's kind of sad actually, without using macros there are literally zero viable high MP builds for wiz.


Here's one of the places where I heard of this happening:
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/84525-banned-in-diablo-3/page__st__60
Poster wheunis @ 26 January 2013 - 09:22 PM tells his story of how he was temp-banned for using a simple 2-hotkey macro.

It's all just posts on forums on the interwebs so take it for what it is but I don't see any way to get more solid proof of these things happening save for official statements/posts by Blizzard representatives.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
zf
Profile Joined April 2011
231 Posts
February 01 2013 19:56 GMT
#251
On February 02 2013 02:26 ChosenSC2 wrote:
DPS seems a bit low but you could always join a game with a friend who can handle A3 easily to help kind of ease you in to it and see how you hold up. I think u'd be able to live etc, just don't know if it'd be efficient / super-safe for you yet.

Thanks. I expected that my dps might be a bit low. Unfortunately, the PTR has been down, so I haven't been able to test it in a safe environment. What dps should I be aiming for?
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
February 01 2013 20:00 GMT
#252
On February 02 2013 04:56 zf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 02:26 ChosenSC2 wrote:
DPS seems a bit low but you could always join a game with a friend who can handle A3 easily to help kind of ease you in to it and see how you hold up. I think u'd be able to live etc, just don't know if it'd be efficient / super-safe for you yet.

Thanks. I expected that my dps might be a bit low. Unfortunately, the PTR has been down, so I haven't been able to test it in a safe environment. What dps should I be aiming for?


60 k is good for a3, 480 ehp with dodge is good enough.
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
zf
Profile Joined April 2011
231 Posts
February 02 2013 02:38 GMT
#253
On February 02 2013 05:00 Douillos wrote:60 k is good for a3, 480 ehp with dodge is good enough.

Thanks! Should I aim for 60k dps for all classes? All ranged classes? I'm leveling a couple of characters to ease the pain when my demon hunter dies.
RusHXceL
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1004 Posts
February 02 2013 02:55 GMT
#254
I wish I can try hardcore d3 but my connection isn't stable :3
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
February 02 2013 02:57 GMT
#255
On February 02 2013 02:59 willoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 02:44 Eschaton wrote:
On February 02 2013 01:53 willoc wrote:
On February 01 2013 12:19 Eschaton wrote:
On February 01 2013 08:34 willoc wrote:
On February 01 2013 00:22 nimbim wrote:
The whole screen gets covered in explosions, there are only a few spots to stand safely and if your eyes focus on one of them in time is just a question of luck imo.
Wizards dont have absolute immunity skills like the monk or WD, which of course make living through that a lot easier. I can't calculate EHP now that I'm dead, but I had enough HP+allres to do the most nasty affix combos in act 2.


Sadly, this is one of the only fights left in this instalment of the Diablo franchise which rewards skill-full micro-based play.


You mean hitting the macro button in uber fights is ez? My macro finger gets tired I'll have you know.


You should be careful using macros, they are against the ToS and many players have been temp and permanently banned for them (even macros built into mice). What I meant was dodging the pools Belial creates while constantly hitting him. Obviously this becomes almost impossible one he hits his enrage timer (around the 3rd wave of pools usually).


Interesting, there was a discussion about this in the CM/WW thread where no one seemed to be able to find any evidence of anyone getting banned for this. But that was a month ago or so, maybe things have changed...

That's kind of sad actually, without using macros there are literally zero viable high MP builds for wiz.


Here's one of the places where I heard of this happening:
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/84525-banned-in-diablo-3/page__st__60
Poster wheunis @ 26 January 2013 - 09:22 PM tells his story of how he was temp-banned for using a simple 2-hotkey macro.

It's all just posts on forums on the interwebs so take it for what it is but I don't see any way to get more solid proof of these things happening save for official statements/posts by Blizzard representatives.


I have a razer naga and have been using the software that came with that for about 6 months now with no issue. Literally hold down one button on my mouse and it spams 5 buttons for me. They shouldn't have allowed nor created a build that requires that amount of button mashing if they didn't want people to do it.
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
February 02 2013 05:54 GMT
#256
Never heard about the macro thing... have never tried using one.
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
February 02 2013 06:13 GMT
#257
back in business:
[image loading]
logikly
Profile Joined February 2009
United States329 Posts
February 02 2013 07:24 GMT
#258
Congrats my friend... now to get paragon 100 and them sweeeeeeeeeeet loots
함은정,류화영,남규리
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
February 02 2013 07:56 GMT
#259
On February 02 2013 16:24 logikly wrote:
Congrats my friend... now to get paragon 100 and them sweeeeeeeeeeet loots


hell ya bro grats!

Let's game it up sometime
TangyOrange
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore87 Posts
February 02 2013 10:15 GMT
#260
On February 02 2013 15:13 Eschaton wrote:
back in business:


:D Gratz! On a side note, what follower/follower spec do you guys use?
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1382
BeSt 287
Soulkey 127
Soma 111
sorry 106
Mind 71
Bale 25
ZergMaN 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
League of Legends
JimRising 640
Counter-Strike
edward35
Other Games
summit1g9173
Coldzera 694
WinterStarcraft676
C9.Mang0276
Sick178
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick719
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2237
Other Games
• Shiphtur625
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 33m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 33m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.