• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:34
CEST 06:34
KST 13:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9244 users

Hardcore - a guide & why you should play it - Page 12

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 22 Next All
Greggle
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1131 Posts
June 18 2012 15:37 GMT
#221
Man, this got me really wanting to play HC. Never did it on D2 since I was too young to really appreciate it at its peak. Too bad I don't have a wired connection where I'm staying this summer. I refuse to risk playing on wireless. I'd just be devastated if I died due to lag and not a real mistake.
Life is too short to take it seriously.
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
June 18 2012 15:52 GMT
#222
I wish I could play HC but my computer randomly gets BSODs every 2-3 days (and I haven't been able to fix it in months) T_T. It hasn't happened while gaming yet but it's definitely a risk

Add to that the server issues and there's a pretty good chance my inevitable death would be unrelated to gameplay, which I want to avoid.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
nanospartan
Profile Joined July 2011
649 Posts
June 18 2012 16:05 GMT
#223
Me and 2 friends decided to play HC as 2 DH+ 1 WD. We are not particularly skilled at the game. When should we expect to wipe and what balance of offensive/defensive gear should we pick? Such as Vit vs. Int/IAS/Dex? (we are level 18 btw)
I was an athiest until I watched the Day[9] daily
HQuality
Profile Joined October 2009
2682 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 16:40:33
June 18 2012 16:28 GMT
#224
On June 18 2012 19:47 SCPhineas wrote:
With the recommended build why use infuse light on BoH? It doesn't seem you have a lot to spend spirit on (except for mantraspamming). Of course you'd always need enough spirit to be able to BF and serenity.

serenity with +sec instead of healing, but spent slot for BoH with infuse light lol
this build isn't up to date really

p/s also
Witch doctors are the most common ranged class to see past act 1 in HC inferno. This due to their good damage mitigation and near death experience ability.

near death exp is monk ability
No carpal tunnel no skill
dmfg
Profile Joined May 2008
United Kingdom591 Posts
June 18 2012 16:39 GMT
#225
On June 18 2012 23:36 dartoo wrote:
Okay so I was walking around the oasis in act 2 and I notice a few elite copper fangs coming towards me, so I start to run around kite them. the one teleports next to me. I see the port animation and I vault out, and continue to stutter step. Suddenly I'm dead, because the teleporting copperfang hit me even before the teleporting was complete, though I was out of range?

On my softcore character I've been killed my the bee stings when they were 5 cm away from me, and then I've also been killed by monsters more than ten yards away after I've left the place. This type of stuff really annoys me , makes playing hardcore totally not fun, apparently it happens to people with even less than 100 lag, so it isnt my connection. I mean, it isnt rocket science to get your basic collision detection right.

How do you guys deal with these type of things? I didnt notice this before today, the hc char was on nm, I was not playing seriously anyway so yeah. But the sc one was in inferno, and just when the game gets really interesting (thinking about gea/build etc, precise control) this type of stuff totally ruins it, and makes me not want to go hc.


If a monster enters into melee range of you and begins a melee attack, that attack will land even if you move out of range before the animation completes. It's an intentional decision to mean that if monsters reach melee range of you, you have to tank their hits and cannot simply run out of range.

Moral of the story, you need to play safer, and if you have to avoid a melee swing you need to use SS not vault.
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
June 19 2012 16:58 GMT
#226
On June 12 2012 00:23 Ko1tz wrote:
Hardcore looks so damn fun, but I cannot see myself levelling a char again from 0 if I die, it would just get too repetitive going all the way back up, Being the impatient person I am, I would give up halfway through act I normal.

If only any of my friends played diablo :/


Other than fear of dying and losing everything, that's actually my biggest block. I suppose it should be more fun/intense all the time though, so parts like lighting the signal fires/catapults that get really tedious will be intense instead.
Matoo-
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Canada1397 Posts
June 19 2012 22:16 GMT
#227
Okay, just killed Diablo Inferno on my SC barb. Too bad I couldn't kill him pre-1.03 but I was overwhelmed with work yesterday.

Anyway... now... HARDCORE HERE I COME!!!
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
June 20 2012 01:07 GMT
#228
Died today with my 550 all res, 800 dps weapon DH. Took the wrong WP in act 2 inferno, it was loaded with mobs giving me a nice fps of about 5. In the mega lag i see a pack of fast wasps making their way to me and then i am just dead, awesome. One missclick, fml. Oh well level 45 now again.

How are people in inferno feeling about the patch? Reading the new abilities on example the jailer makes me just shake my head. Felt like one step forward and two backward with the somewhat random combinations of abilities they threw at bosses.
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
June 20 2012 01:26 GMT
#229
On June 20 2012 10:07 unkkz wrote:
Died today with my 550 all res, 800 dps weapon DH. Took the wrong WP in act 2 inferno, it was loaded with mobs giving me a nice fps of about 5. In the mega lag i see a pack of fast wasps making their way to me and then i am just dead, awesome. One missclick, fml. Oh well level 45 now again.

How are people in inferno feeling about the patch? Reading the new abilities on example the jailer makes me just shake my head. Felt like one step forward and two backward with the somewhat random combinations of abilities they threw at bosses.


why didnt you just pause the game while your pc caught up?
Hecaitomix
Profile Joined April 2012
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-20 23:02:51
June 20 2012 19:42 GMT
#230
i got to 60 with my wd, staying in hell act 3 for now, till i get better resist (450 all resist goal), and get a 800+ dps weapon. I'll take my time.

edit: hell hc azmo done. but still going back to act 3 to farm, need higher armor to fight the first act 4 boss, i'm still using some level 40-50 equips, need 55+ set of all resist/int/vit.
Many people are God, usually in a universe no bigger than their own minds, all-present, all-knowing. And yet, impotent outside the confines of their heads. And what God cannot do, men will attempt...
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
July 09 2012 06:33 GMT
#231
Anyone want to play hardcore? PM me
Deshkar
Profile Joined June 2011
Singapore1244 Posts
July 12 2012 01:30 GMT
#232
looking for more gmt8 players on hardcore. add me at deshkar#6885
SkyMarshal
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada6 Posts
July 14 2012 03:03 GMT
#233
I played HC for a few weeks after stomping through to A3 Inferno on SC.


Played Barb + Demon hunter with my roomie, he died at 51 A1 Hell, I died 57 A2 hell. It was an awesome rush every step of the way, but idk if I will be doing it again any time soon. It's hard on the nerves, working within the obvious constraint of hardcore.


That being said.. best rush I've had in the past few years gaming. There was a mortar/waller/(fast??) pack of wretched mothers that I BARELY beat in A1 Hell.. and that was entirely too much fun.
Live, Laugh, Love, Learn. And don't you dare do it alone.
escobari
Profile Joined July 2010
Finland192 Posts
July 14 2012 14:55 GMT
#234
Deathstory: (850res 30khp 33k unbuffed dps, getting ready for act3) running after goblin in crypts, tanked elite with diamond skin while dpsing the gob, then blink and of course it was vortex, pulls me in 4 arcane senry, deceration and poison - done. Lesson: never use DS to do more dps. Though I blame the bug with stuff on the ground not migating properly.

First I thought no biggie, since I 20mils to buy new gear insta, but it seems eu hc auction house is pretty much dead. Hardly any good gear; like only two +800dps weapons being sold.
Ektor Baboden
Profile Joined May 2012
68 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-14 16:43:04
July 14 2012 16:42 GMT
#235
Goblins are extremely dangerous. I have to fight against my own will every time I see one - safety has to come first, if there is an elite around I stop chasing the goblin, regardless of what the elite is.

But it's really hard to stop chasing one. They are so... adorably squishy.

By the way, half an hour ago I came quite close to my first HC death. Playing Act II Hell with a monk, I see an elite pack, my Earth Ally immediately pulls them while I'm still checking the suffixes (that always happens), then I realize something's wrong: there's too much blue stuff on the screen. Fuck, it's two packs.

One is a pack of serpents with Plagued, Shielding, Teleporter. The other one is a pack of dervishes with Waller, Shielding, Frozen. Holy fucking shit, I don't even have time to run that they wall me in and the dervishes start hitting hard. I tank for a bit, wait for the wall to go down, run away but they still trap me in. My cooldowns are ready, though, so with Serenity I'm still safe and I manage to teleport away. They chase me very very fast and keep walling but I know I can make it, I still have a lot of skills ready to save my ass if needed.

Then a realization dawns on me: am I hardcore or not?

I'm fucking hardcore. I'm gonna fight them like a man.

I keep kiting and hitting when their shields are down and I have cooldowns ready to escape if the situation is too bad. After a couple of minutes they're all dead and I didn't even have to use a potion.

No yellow drop
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
July 14 2012 16:50 GMT
#236
Anyone here on d2jsp?
wkk6813
Profile Joined June 2012
30 Posts
July 14 2012 19:43 GMT
#237
Hi there,

I have like 3.8mn gold in HC and want to exchange it to normal mode, at 15mn ( Thats a good rate! )

Let me know : Sun#1894.

Drunk
Profile Joined June 2012
Portugal6 Posts
July 20 2012 14:27 GMT
#238
when is the monk stuff coming out ?
"Me all in, he drone drone drone, me win." -SK.MC
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
July 23 2012 00:50 GMT
#239
For anyone here hesitant to try HC, just do it. I tried it myself, and I'm pretty much never going back to softcore. It is so much more emotionally engaging and fun. I don't even count losing your character on the cons of doing it; it's actually just a really interesting experience as a whole. Every boss battle is intense, even if you know you'll most likely make it.

I guess for me, softcore really fails to engage me in a lot of ways. If I fail on a boss a lot I know I'll eventually beat it, and when I do it won't be that rewarding. The safety just makes it frustrating and boring to me.

In addition, the levelling up process in HC is actually fun, because even if you're doing act 1 on just nightmare or whatever, you can't slack too much. On softcore, if you screw up and die in act 1 nightmare you just go "Well that was stupid. Anyways" and proceed.

Just try HC. It's better to feel a mix of happiness, anger, exhaustion and nervousness than just nothing at all (for me, at least).
memes are a dish best served dank
Marshall_D
Profile Joined November 2008
United States196 Posts
July 23 2012 01:23 GMT
#240
If anyone wants to vent and start some HC chars, I'm down. msg me here, or my battletag is MarshallD#1209
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 180
ProTech126
Nina 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3132
Shuttle 1711
Sharp 176
Dewaltoss 72
Mong 39
Noble 16
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm177
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox601
Other Games
summit1g7690
WinterStarcraft484
C9.Mang0273
Sick119
ViBE118
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 29
• StrangeGG 17
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota265
League of Legends
• Lourlo1008
• Stunt322
Other Games
• Shiphtur397
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 26m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.