• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:50
CEST 05:50
KST 12:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8398 users

Hardcore - a guide & why you should play it - Page 11

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 22 Next All
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
June 17 2012 14:08 GMT
#201
so i just died on hardcore and im getting power leveled, im lvl 13 and ive killed diablo. what level do i need for nightmare? i know its lower than 30 but i want to know how long before nightmare ZK runs can start ;p
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
June 17 2012 14:13 GMT
#202
Nightmare requirement is lvl 25.
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
June 17 2012 14:20 GMT
#203
ty
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
June 17 2012 14:58 GMT
#204
On June 17 2012 04:22 Torte de Lini wrote:
Just reached 60 and Inferno Act 1 as a Monk.
Impossible to get any further.


Act 1 inferno is pretty easy to do, just go for alot of dps and use serenity to survive.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
shublar
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Korea (South)264 Posts
June 17 2012 15:00 GMT
#205
I like this post! but it's not /entirely/ true as in Australia lagspike = instadeath.
@eugmak - www.twitch.tv/shublar - www.ausproleague.com
SYGY
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada88 Posts
June 17 2012 15:05 GMT
#206
Hey, this thread actually inspired me to play HardCore! I'm looking for 3 people what want to play daily in HC, right now im level 7 wizard. (they need to be experienced) I'll probably be streaming as well. I wanna make a team.
sc:WOL [Masters] sc:BW [Unranked]
Xaoz
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany146 Posts
June 17 2012 17:27 GMT
#207
Monk Act II Inferno. Usually farming Act I Skeleton King. Xaoz#2422
dmfg
Profile Joined May 2008
United Kingdom591 Posts
June 17 2012 20:16 GMT
#208
On June 17 2012 18:52 unkkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 04:10 dmfg wrote:
On June 17 2012 01:37 sylverfyre wrote:
Kinda surprised the recommended wiz build doesn't find room for Illusionist passive - especially since you're running both mirror image and teleport.

Just started my first HC character, level 15 now.


I'm not all that convinced that build is "popular". Personally I'm running the Hydra/Blizz build as it says, but with Diamond Skin + Frost Nova for defensives, and Evoc and Blur instead of the offensive passives.

Diamond Skin is a must have IMO if for no other reason that you can use it while stunned/knockbacked/etc. It's huge, and evocation makes it even more huge. I'm not really convinced by Frost Nova (though I see people using it to good effect) - might try out some alternatives.

I still highly highly recommend both Blur and Evoc. The fact is that you will not be able to kite everything - wait til you see your first NM and above pack of elite Demonic Tremors, watch how they run across an entire screen in less than a second while completely ignoring your Blizzard snare, and you will realise that kiting simply is not an option sometimes.

It will also give you many more options vs things like Mortar when you can simply tank them in melee.


Ofcourse there are variations of builds. The teleport + wormhole is simply to escape unkillable boss packs afaik. And also mirror images breaks roots and gives the mobs something to hit while you shoot them since even with diamond skin you cannot really tank boss packs in inferno. Other then this i dont see which passives you'd give up, blur is moot since even with it everything three shots you anyway and melee shouldn't hit you to begin with since you have an aoe snare.

So when things aren't kiteable, you simply gtfo with wormhole. You can't kill everything you know.


Still not convinced a tanky wizard can ever get 3 shot in inferno since you have the same HP as other classes, with armour above monk but below barb and resists above barb and below monk. Blur then puts you halfway to the damage reduction of a monk/barb, with some kiting to help out.

I'd drop Cold Blooded since 20% more damage on just Blizzard isn't worth dropping survivability for, and again Arcane dynamo is a pure DPS passive that I don't think I'd feel safe dropping Evoc/Blur for.

I'm only in A3 NM right now but I can tank everything. Would be good to hear from someone with a wizard in inferno to see how it scales later.
coopes
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States144 Posts
June 17 2012 20:23 GMT
#209
anyone able to hook me up with the belial & azmodan waypoints in hell HC US ? Coopes#1982 is btag, thanks
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
June 17 2012 20:31 GMT
#210
On June 18 2012 05:16 dmfg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 18:52 unkkz wrote:
On June 17 2012 04:10 dmfg wrote:
On June 17 2012 01:37 sylverfyre wrote:
Kinda surprised the recommended wiz build doesn't find room for Illusionist passive - especially since you're running both mirror image and teleport.

Just started my first HC character, level 15 now.


I'm not all that convinced that build is "popular". Personally I'm running the Hydra/Blizz build as it says, but with Diamond Skin + Frost Nova for defensives, and Evoc and Blur instead of the offensive passives.

Diamond Skin is a must have IMO if for no other reason that you can use it while stunned/knockbacked/etc. It's huge, and evocation makes it even more huge. I'm not really convinced by Frost Nova (though I see people using it to good effect) - might try out some alternatives.

I still highly highly recommend both Blur and Evoc. The fact is that you will not be able to kite everything - wait til you see your first NM and above pack of elite Demonic Tremors, watch how they run across an entire screen in less than a second while completely ignoring your Blizzard snare, and you will realise that kiting simply is not an option sometimes.

It will also give you many more options vs things like Mortar when you can simply tank them in melee.


Ofcourse there are variations of builds. The teleport + wormhole is simply to escape unkillable boss packs afaik. And also mirror images breaks roots and gives the mobs something to hit while you shoot them since even with diamond skin you cannot really tank boss packs in inferno. Other then this i dont see which passives you'd give up, blur is moot since even with it everything three shots you anyway and melee shouldn't hit you to begin with since you have an aoe snare.

So when things aren't kiteable, you simply gtfo with wormhole. You can't kill everything you know.


Still not convinced a tanky wizard can ever get 3 shot in inferno since you have the same HP as other classes, with armour above monk but below barb and resists above barb and below monk. Blur then puts you halfway to the damage reduction of a monk/barb, with some kiting to help out.

I'd drop Cold Blooded since 20% more damage on just Blizzard isn't worth dropping survivability for, and again Arcane dynamo is a pure DPS passive that I don't think I'd feel safe dropping Evoc/Blur for.

I'm only in A3 NM right now but I can tank everything. Would be good to hear from someone with a wizard in inferno to see how it scales later.

Wizard doesn't have the passive damage reduction of Monk/Barb, and not even Blur makes up for that.

But a maxresist wizard using prismatic isn't getting 3shot by the vast majority of enemies, this is true.
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
June 17 2012 22:46 GMT
#211
Be warned in act 1 hell and inferno... and maybe even nightmare mode... if you do the ancient hero skeletons event in the woods. Those aren't normal skeletons - they are absolute badasses and have the life pool of what feels like an act 3 champion.
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
June 17 2012 22:50 GMT
#212
good post but no. fuck hardcore. dont wanna deal with retarded champions and random lag spikes.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
SeeDLiNg
Profile Joined January 2010
United States690 Posts
June 17 2012 23:10 GMT
#213
Hardcore is for real. Every damage you take gives you a small adrenaline rush.

When I die I think I'll cry though.
AeroGear
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada652 Posts
June 17 2012 23:50 GMT
#214
Already have 7 dead heroes in my GY!
3 wizards, 3 dh, 1 barb
2 in hell A1, 4 in nightmare, 1 in normal (melee wizard ftl)

Might have to clear whole stash, getting annoying to sort through what i saved up each time I gain a few levels.
Driven by hate, fueled by rage
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
June 18 2012 04:27 GMT
#215
When you kill the butcher, don't celebrate yet! Stay off the fire as it can still kill you!

I fist pumped when I beat hell butcher (Level 53 barbarian, 22k HP, 2700 DPS, 4000 armor) and suddenly went "oh shit!" when my I noticed my life at 50%. Heheh, that was a close call!
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
-Yellow-
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada23 Posts
June 18 2012 05:06 GMT
#216
Level 23 Monk here who just started hardcore mode and I am looking for other players to play with in a party. I also stream it. I'm Light.1990 on the Europe server. Add me if interested.
My overlords will block out the sun!
FetTerBender
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany1393 Posts
June 18 2012 08:40 GMT
#217
A2 Nightmare, disconnect in the desert right after 5 cultists popped out of the sand. Diablo shut down, relogged, R.I.P. my beloved lvl 39 DH :-//

There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
June 18 2012 09:44 GMT
#218
to attached to my characters to play something with perma death. I would probably fear death so much, that i would abuse the spots that almost every map has where the monster pathing ai fails and they bug out and you can kill them while they do nothing ...

Not that its a problem to have all the fun normally too, as you don't have to cheat and abuse around. Wonder though why Inferno is stupid difficult, i find it funny except the life leech debuff, otherwise without it it would be to easy and that i have to runaway from 15% of the elites, as they could kill me.

Playing a dh though, a class that can keep the enemy out of their skill range. Have only played wizard too so far, which is also easy, so no experience with other classes really on inferno.

But atleast on hardcore the nephalem buff goes away if you die ;P . Found that out on act 2 inferno ... made me really depressed as i thought it would be a challenge to keep the nephalem buff. Noting that switching your skills can't fix though.

Anyway gl hf to every hardcore player, that doesn't skip parts or uses the ah, you are impressive ^.^ and may your internet never fail you near enemies.
SCPhineas
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands119 Posts
June 18 2012 10:47 GMT
#219
With the recommended build why use infuse light on BoH? It doesn't seem you have a lot to spend spirit on (except for mantraspamming). Of course you'd always need enough spirit to be able to BF and serenity.
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 14:38:29
June 18 2012 14:36 GMT
#220
Okay so I was walking around the oasis in act 2 and I notice a few elite copper fangs coming towards me, so I start to run around kite them. the one teleports next to me. I see the port animation and I vault out, and continue to stutter step. Suddenly I'm dead, because the teleporting copperfang hit me even before the teleporting was complete, though I was out of range?

On my softcore character I've been killed my the bee stings when they were 5 cm away from me, and then I've also been killed by monsters more than ten yards away after I've left the place. This type of stuff really annoys me , makes playing hardcore totally not fun, apparently it happens to people with even less than 100 lag, so it isnt my connection. I mean, it isnt rocket science to get your basic collision detection right.

How do you guys deal with these type of things? I didnt notice this before today, the hc char was on nm, I was not playing seriously anyway so yeah. But the sc one was in inferno, and just when the game gets really interesting (thinking about gea/build etc, precise control) this type of stuff totally ruins it, and makes me not want to go hc.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta43
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 220
ProTech146
FoxeR 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2588
Shuttle 1244
Dewaltoss 76
NaDa 44
Noble 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm199
Counter-Strike
taco 421
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox667
Other Games
summit1g7990
WinterStarcraft470
C9.Mang0283
ViBE130
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 20
• StrangeGG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo763
• Stunt266
Other Games
• Shiphtur446
Upcoming Events
OSC
19h 10m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.