• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:49
CEST 05:49
KST 12:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8205 users

Hardcore - a guide & why you should play it - Page 10

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 22 Next All
dmfg
Profile Joined May 2008
United Kingdom591 Posts
June 16 2012 14:09 GMT
#181
On June 16 2012 21:53 Technique wrote:
My connection is too unstable for hardcore mode.

Die while they boot you out for maintenance.
Die with crap fps cause bnet decides to lag out of the blue.
Etc.

Else i would of played hc tho, but these things are too frustrating to die to.


Fixed for you.

If you are kicked out for maintenance, the server is shut down and you do not die. If you lag, unless everybody on general chat suddenly explodes with "I just lagged", it's your connection not battle.net.
Technique
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1542 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 14:17:05
June 16 2012 14:16 GMT
#182
On June 16 2012 23:09 dmfg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 21:53 Technique wrote:
My connection is too unstable for hardcore mode.

Die while they boot you out for maintenance.
Die with crap fps cause bnet decides to lag out of the blue.
Etc.

Else i would of played hc tho, but these things are too frustrating to die to.


Fixed for you.

If you are kicked out for maintenance, the server is shut down and you do not die. If you lag, unless everybody on general chat suddenly explodes with "I just lagged", it's your connection not battle.net.

No my connection is fine, probably better then anything you can get in the Uk.
Sometimes the server is just laggy.

It's not an issue in sc, 99% of the time i play without any lag at all.
But that 1% of unstable servers is enough to give you some annoying death in hc.

I also seen people claim they died in hc inferno after getting kicked out for maintenance, but i guess it could just be people bs'ing.
If you think you're good, you suck. If you think you suck, you're getting better.
dmfg
Profile Joined May 2008
United Kingdom591 Posts
June 16 2012 14:36 GMT
#183
On June 16 2012 23:16 Technique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 23:09 dmfg wrote:
On June 16 2012 21:53 Technique wrote:
My connection is too unstable for hardcore mode.

Die while they boot you out for maintenance.
Die with crap fps cause bnet decides to lag out of the blue.
Etc.

Else i would of played hc tho, but these things are too frustrating to die to.


Fixed for you.

If you are kicked out for maintenance, the server is shut down and you do not die. If you lag, unless everybody on general chat suddenly explodes with "I just lagged", it's your connection not battle.net.

No my connection is fine, probably better then anything you can get in the Uk.
Sometimes the server is just laggy.

It's not an issue in sc, 99% of the time i play without any lag at all.
But that 1% of unstable servers is enough to give you some annoying death in hc.

I also seen people claim they died in hc inferno after getting kicked out for maintenance, but i guess it could just be people bs'ing.


If it is a server problem, everybody on the server will experience the same lag at the same time. This is very very rarely the case - next time you get a lag spike, type in general "did anyone else get lag just then?" and you will get a chorus of "nope - it's just you".

I play on a very stable uni connection. I've experienced maybe 2 lag spikes since I started playing, and each time I quickly tab to Chrome and try to open Google. Both times, Google has failed to load - so I know it's a problem with my connection. (Incidentally, one of these alllllmost cost me my monk).
Jazzyy
Profile Joined October 2011
United States15 Posts
June 16 2012 14:39 GMT
#184
yea I died in inferno last night when the game servers lagged. Everyone else lagged too. Ping went up to 1k and I was mashing pots and spirit walk and nothing was happening. My character was teleporting all over the place and taking dmg, in town mind you. I tried to run into the Inn and couldn't get in, mashed more buttons. I was really low health when the game finally said I was disconnected. I thought I was saved. I tried to join a new game but it wouldn't let me. 10 minutes later my char showed up dead.. =/
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
June 16 2012 14:52 GMT
#185
On June 16 2012 23:39 Jazzyy wrote:
yea I died in inferno last night when the game servers lagged. Everyone else lagged too. Ping went up to 1k and I was mashing pots and spirit walk and nothing was happening. My character was teleporting all over the place and taking dmg, in town mind you. I tried to run into the Inn and couldn't get in, mashed more buttons. I was really low health when the game finally said I was disconnected. I thought I was saved. I tried to join a new game but it wouldn't let me. 10 minutes later my char showed up dead.. =/


My condolences on your loss of your hero. What was the build you were using on your WD?
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Jazzyy
Profile Joined October 2011
United States15 Posts
June 16 2012 15:19 GMT
#186
Was trying out a bunch of different stuff.

At the end I was using
Spirit Walk with the additional length
Soul Harvest with the heal
Fear spell with the additional range
Garg with the last rune
Splinters
and the last AOE dmg spell with fire dmg rune

For passives I was using jungle fortitude, pierce the veil, and the passive that keeps you alive I forgot the name.

I leveled using Spirit Walk, Soul Harvest, Dogs, Garg, Fireball, and the same AOE dmg spell.
Flik
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada256 Posts
June 16 2012 15:31 GMT
#187
I almost died last night in Act 2 Hell. I was fighting a Waller/Arcane something with Arcane minions when another champions pack showed up, I didn't look what they were but started running. Next thing I know... vortex into a wall with fuckin lasers everywhere. I was down to like 5% HP with no CDs but somehow fuckin survived. It was very similar to my first death. It was pretty exhilarating when I lived, I got to the waypoint with my heart pounding and made it back to camp. I fell off my chair onto my knees going "holy shit I'm alive, holy fuckin shit holy shit holy shit"
Dmn
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Norway101 Posts
June 16 2012 15:32 GMT
#188
Was bored after beating SC. Now leveling another barb on hc, lvl 52 as of now. I highly suggest trying this out.

We'll see if I say the same the moment I die
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
June 16 2012 16:37 GMT
#189
Kinda surprised the recommended wiz build doesn't find room for Illusionist passive - especially since you're running both mirror image and teleport.

Just started my first HC character, level 15 now.
dmfg
Profile Joined May 2008
United Kingdom591 Posts
June 16 2012 19:10 GMT
#190
On June 17 2012 01:37 sylverfyre wrote:
Kinda surprised the recommended wiz build doesn't find room for Illusionist passive - especially since you're running both mirror image and teleport.

Just started my first HC character, level 15 now.


I'm not all that convinced that build is "popular". Personally I'm running the Hydra/Blizz build as it says, but with Diamond Skin + Frost Nova for defensives, and Evoc and Blur instead of the offensive passives.

Diamond Skin is a must have IMO if for no other reason that you can use it while stunned/knockbacked/etc. It's huge, and evocation makes it even more huge. I'm not really convinced by Frost Nova (though I see people using it to good effect) - might try out some alternatives.

I still highly highly recommend both Blur and Evoc. The fact is that you will not be able to kite everything - wait til you see your first NM and above pack of elite Demonic Tremors, watch how they run across an entire screen in less than a second while completely ignoring your Blizzard snare, and you will realise that kiting simply is not an option sometimes.

It will also give you many more options vs things like Mortar when you can simply tank them in melee.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 16 2012 19:22 GMT
#191
Just reached 60 and Inferno Act 1 as a Monk.
Impossible to get any further.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Jettster
Profile Joined July 2009
United States73 Posts
June 16 2012 19:32 GMT
#192
On June 17 2012 04:22 Torte de Lini wrote:
Just reached 60 and Inferno Act 1 as a Monk.
Impossible to get any further.


Time to farm goblins.

If you want some benchmarks for the butcher, here are my stats from when I beat him yesterday: 45k life, 60%DR, 60%AR, 9k base damage. I found the elite packs to be a lot harder and I did all of Act 1 with a barbarian friend so I had about 70%DR and 70%AR with his shout. Unfortunately, he died on the walk from Halls level 2 to the butcher.
It's not who you play, it's how you play.
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
June 17 2012 06:28 GMT
#193
Act 1 hell certainly drops gear that's much better than anything you find in nightmare mode. I was even using a white weapon for a little bit, haha. Then a rare poleaxe dropped out of nowhere in the crypts. ID'd it to find the base DPS jump from 195 to 270. Jaw-dropping.

My dps jumped from 1500 to 2600 with that upgrade. Getting to and beating the skeleton king sure got really easy!

Barbarian stats are now:
LV51, 19k life, 2600 dps, and 3700 armor with war cry
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
June 17 2012 09:45 GMT
#194
On June 17 2012 04:22 Torte de Lini wrote:
Just reached 60 and Inferno Act 1 as a Monk.
Impossible to get any further.


U mean impossible to progress in act 1 or progress further then act 1?
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
June 17 2012 09:52 GMT
#195
On June 17 2012 04:10 dmfg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 01:37 sylverfyre wrote:
Kinda surprised the recommended wiz build doesn't find room for Illusionist passive - especially since you're running both mirror image and teleport.

Just started my first HC character, level 15 now.


I'm not all that convinced that build is "popular". Personally I'm running the Hydra/Blizz build as it says, but with Diamond Skin + Frost Nova for defensives, and Evoc and Blur instead of the offensive passives.

Diamond Skin is a must have IMO if for no other reason that you can use it while stunned/knockbacked/etc. It's huge, and evocation makes it even more huge. I'm not really convinced by Frost Nova (though I see people using it to good effect) - might try out some alternatives.

I still highly highly recommend both Blur and Evoc. The fact is that you will not be able to kite everything - wait til you see your first NM and above pack of elite Demonic Tremors, watch how they run across an entire screen in less than a second while completely ignoring your Blizzard snare, and you will realise that kiting simply is not an option sometimes.

It will also give you many more options vs things like Mortar when you can simply tank them in melee.


Ofcourse there are variations of builds. The teleport + wormhole is simply to escape unkillable boss packs afaik. And also mirror images breaks roots and gives the mobs something to hit while you shoot them since even with diamond skin you cannot really tank boss packs in inferno. Other then this i dont see which passives you'd give up, blur is moot since even with it everything three shots you anyway and melee shouldn't hit you to begin with since you have an aoe snare.

So when things aren't kiteable, you simply gtfo with wormhole. You can't kill everything you know.
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
June 17 2012 09:56 GMT
#196
On June 16 2012 23:16 Technique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 23:09 dmfg wrote:
On June 16 2012 21:53 Technique wrote:
My connection is too unstable for hardcore mode.

Die while they boot you out for maintenance.
Die with crap fps cause bnet decides to lag out of the blue.
Etc.

Else i would of played hc tho, but these things are too frustrating to die to.


Fixed for you.

If you are kicked out for maintenance, the server is shut down and you do not die. If you lag, unless everybody on general chat suddenly explodes with "I just lagged", it's your connection not battle.net.

No my connection is fine, probably better then anything you can get in the Uk.
Sometimes the server is just laggy.

It's not an issue in sc, 99% of the time i play without any lag at all.
But that 1% of unstable servers is enough to give you some annoying death in hc.

I also seen people claim they died in hc inferno after getting kicked out for maintenance, but i guess it could just be people bs'ing.


When kicked out for maintenance or if the server goes down, you are no longer in the game, you are kicked out of the game immediately. The times when you DC and stay in the game, aka die, are when your connection messes up. If the server has a lag spike however that is something different entirely, but the EU server hasn't had this in weeks during prime time. Sadly the US server seems way worse atm.

Anyway the threat of DC death is greatly exaggerated on EU, the servers are very stable and if you are kicked out for some Blizzard crap you will not die since you leave the game immediately. So if you have a stable connection just go for it.
padfoota
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Taiwan1571 Posts
June 17 2012 10:01 GMT
#197
On June 17 2012 18:56 unkkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 23:16 Technique wrote:
On June 16 2012 23:09 dmfg wrote:
On June 16 2012 21:53 Technique wrote:
My connection is too unstable for hardcore mode.

Die while they boot you out for maintenance.
Die with crap fps cause bnet decides to lag out of the blue.
Etc.

Else i would of played hc tho, but these things are too frustrating to die to.


Fixed for you.

If you are kicked out for maintenance, the server is shut down and you do not die. If you lag, unless everybody on general chat suddenly explodes with "I just lagged", it's your connection not battle.net.

No my connection is fine, probably better then anything you can get in the Uk.
Sometimes the server is just laggy.

It's not an issue in sc, 99% of the time i play without any lag at all.
But that 1% of unstable servers is enough to give you some annoying death in hc.

I also seen people claim they died in hc inferno after getting kicked out for maintenance, but i guess it could just be people bs'ing.


When kicked out for maintenance or if the server goes down, you are no longer in the game, you are kicked out of the game immediately. The times when you DC and stay in the game, aka die, are when your connection messes up. If the server has a lag spike however that is something different entirely, but the EU server hasn't had this in weeks during prime time. Sadly the US server seems way worse atm.

Anyway the threat of DC death is greatly exaggerated on EU, the servers are very stable and if you are kicked out for some Blizzard crap you will not die since you leave the game immediately. So if you have a stable connection just go for it.


I love your explanation and wish you would use it on Asia server
Woops, Doesnt work here.
Everyone, even the koreans, are lagging out occasionally here and there.
Stop procrastinating
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
June 17 2012 10:40 GMT
#198
On June 17 2012 19:01 padfoota wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 18:56 unkkz wrote:
On June 16 2012 23:16 Technique wrote:
On June 16 2012 23:09 dmfg wrote:
On June 16 2012 21:53 Technique wrote:
My connection is too unstable for hardcore mode.

Die while they boot you out for maintenance.
Die with crap fps cause bnet decides to lag out of the blue.
Etc.

Else i would of played hc tho, but these things are too frustrating to die to.


Fixed for you.

If you are kicked out for maintenance, the server is shut down and you do not die. If you lag, unless everybody on general chat suddenly explodes with "I just lagged", it's your connection not battle.net.

No my connection is fine, probably better then anything you can get in the Uk.
Sometimes the server is just laggy.

It's not an issue in sc, 99% of the time i play without any lag at all.
But that 1% of unstable servers is enough to give you some annoying death in hc.

I also seen people claim they died in hc inferno after getting kicked out for maintenance, but i guess it could just be people bs'ing.


When kicked out for maintenance or if the server goes down, you are no longer in the game, you are kicked out of the game immediately. The times when you DC and stay in the game, aka die, are when your connection messes up. If the server has a lag spike however that is something different entirely, but the EU server hasn't had this in weeks during prime time. Sadly the US server seems way worse atm.

Anyway the threat of DC death is greatly exaggerated on EU, the servers are very stable and if you are kicked out for some Blizzard crap you will not die since you leave the game immediately. So if you have a stable connection just go for it.


I love your explanation and wish you would use it on Asia server
Woops, Doesnt work here.
Everyone, even the koreans, are lagging out occasionally here and there.


Uh i wrote EU servers and used examples from the EU servers so whats your point?
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
June 17 2012 12:29 GMT
#199
anyone in the 25-50 want to run some nightmare belial powerlevel?
coopes
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States144 Posts
June 17 2012 13:40 GMT
#200
Anyony looking for some gold on softcore ? I am looking to trade some for gold on HC. I have roughly 30-40 million in SC.

Looking for an around 3-1 rate if possible, Coopes #1982.

Thanks
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta43
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 220
ProTech146
FoxeR 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2588
Shuttle 1244
Dewaltoss 66
NaDa 44
Noble 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
Counter-Strike
taco 431
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox765
Other Games
summit1g8073
WinterStarcraft464
C9.Mang0283
ViBE135
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 20
• StrangeGG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo738
• Stunt233
Other Games
• Shiphtur446
Upcoming Events
OSC
19h 12m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.