• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:45
CEST 06:45
KST 13:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7738 users

Monk - Builds/Discussion - Page 15

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 141 Next
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
May 23 2012 22:19 GMT
#281
On May 24 2012 06:19 dreamsmasher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 06:03 Ghostcom wrote:
Anyone got a good build to use for late stages hell farm/early stages inferno now that they've fixed the bug?

I'm kinda looking to go back to a full dodge build, but I doubt I'll be able to do more than 1 or 2 strikes before having to run away again >_>

I've also wondered if one could use the extra spirit regen (infused with light) after BoH and then keep the "bug" build otherwise intact, but I figured that since they allegedly also "fixed" boon it might be pointless to spam it at all now - inputs would be greatly appreciated!


i've been using this after the nerf to mantra of healing's bubble:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bgXihY!YXU!Zacbab

there's some swappables, for example sometimes i use the 25% dmg reduction etc... its mostly about being active and timing your interrupts to either maximize your dps (if you're getting kited or its a bubble mob). i use firestorm precisely due to its range. it's much slower than the old run in there and spam healing bubble until your fingers bleed but it works fairly well. (i'm in act III hell as a 59 and beating most of the elite mobs fairly easy). i also find that this build generally doesn't have too much trouble with bubbled mobs.

i use templar and sometimes for the immortal minion mobs i have to block them into a wall and tank behind my templar.

one with everything should be replaced by a different passive if you don't have high enough resist yet. but its fucking amazing if you do.

i prioritize vitality over everything except on weapons.

Sounds okay. There is no real tanking strategy I can find with the bugged crit nerf & the mantra shield nerf. So flashing and dps makes more sense. It's worth a try. I'm act 2 inferno and its a pain in the butt killing stuff that does incredible amounts of damage without mods, and then they're shielding away my spirit gen and knockbackslowin or vortexin or teleportin around. I'll give it a shot. Let me know when you get to inferno act 2.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
May 23 2012 22:20 GMT
#282
On May 24 2012 05:43 archon256 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 01:02 pschiu wrote:
On May 23 2012 21:35 Noocta wrote:
So.. the FoT Quickening bug is fixed now ?
I just started playing today and my spirit regen is a LOT lower than yesterday.

Yeah, yesterday when there were rumours of it being fixed, I tested it and it wasn't fixed for me. But today, it's been fixed. The funny thing is, it didn't get me as down as I thought it would. Even with the bug, my monk is still stagnating in Inferno act 1, and even without it, still capable of hanging out anywhere below that anyway.

Time to continue with my real life?

Did you really buy D3 for just one char?


I did. Monk was the only one that interests me. As such I am just going to play it and get it uber geared/rich.

I'm not going to let this Act 2 inferno crap stop me from playing it tho. I'll got some ideas once i reach there that I am looking into.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
RageOverdose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States690 Posts
May 23 2012 22:50 GMT
#283
On May 24 2012 06:19 dreamsmasher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 06:03 Ghostcom wrote:
Anyone got a good build to use for late stages hell farm/early stages inferno now that they've fixed the bug?

I'm kinda looking to go back to a full dodge build, but I doubt I'll be able to do more than 1 or 2 strikes before having to run away again >_>

I've also wondered if one could use the extra spirit regen (infused with light) after BoH and then keep the "bug" build otherwise intact, but I figured that since they allegedly also "fixed" boon it might be pointless to spam it at all now - inputs would be greatly appreciated!


i've been using this after the nerf to mantra of healing's bubble:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bgXihY!YXU!Zacbab

there's some swappables, for example sometimes i use the 25% dmg reduction etc... its mostly about being active and timing your interrupts to either maximize your dps (if you're getting kited or its a bubble mob). i use firestorm precisely due to its range. it's much slower than the old run in there and spam healing bubble until your fingers bleed but it works fairly well. (i'm in act III hell as a 59 and beating most of the elite mobs fairly easy). i also find that this build generally doesn't have too much trouble with bubbled mobs.

i use templar and sometimes for the immortal minion mobs i have to block them into a wall and tank behind my templar.

one with everything should be replaced by a different passive if you don't have high enough resist yet. but its fucking amazing if you do.

i prioritize vitality over everything except on weapons.


I'm running shit MF gear in Act 3 Hell with a similar build, except one focused more on Spirit Regen (all the same skills, just some different runes here and there).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bXYigh!cXU!ZZaYaa

My non-MF gear is decent from the AH (budget items though), but you dodge a lot and hits that you do take are pretty small. Granted, I have yet to test it on Act 4 Hell or Act 1 Inferno yet, as I'm farming at the moment where I'm guaranteed to not die (so far). I'm level 60. I have no follower and I've already dropped 3 elite mobs, albeit with shitty affixes. Basically, if you are in shit you can throw up a blind, get some distance, then pop Serenity if you need it. I might like the Pertinent Flame rune on BoH though more, because that is one more bit of CC. Actually, looking at my build, using Chant of Resonance seems stupid as I have nothing to spam it with unless I want some more dodge, although you get 3 seconds to rebuild spirit unlike MoH/Boon which required spamming to be useful. Even then, I think that Sweeping Wind/Inner Storm builds decent enough Spirit and in the 3 seconds you can get enough hits in to throw up another Mantra if you feel the dodge will help.

Through some careful rotations this could be a decent tank build I think, just needs the right gear (of course). I might switch to the Guardian's Path (since I dual wield atm, which I might stop since the extra armor from a shield has great synergy with this build using Deadly Reach/Keen Eye) or just go with Transcendence to make my heals more effective. I might even work with Beacon of Ytar but that's probably only good for lower acts. I have decent resistances, ~300 each when I'm not using my MF gear.


dCc
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada86 Posts
May 24 2012 00:06 GMT
#284
Does the damage from sweeping wind stack with the sweeping wind around the air mystic ally?
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 00:31:38
May 24 2012 00:22 GMT
#285
So i got a drop today and the monk who is was playing with told me this is a pretty good items and i should sell it. How much do you think it worth? I dont play monk so i have no clue ~_~. Checked on the AH the price are so random: some higher dps fist is 500k but some lower stats than this is 5 mil... Im confused.

[image loading]

btw, just incase, how much is this 2 hands worth? i know a lot of monk dont like 2 hands weapons.

[image loading]

ty in advance
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
May 24 2012 00:50 GMT
#286
I haven't had much time at all to play yet and I'm only 1/2 way through nightmare as a monk, and it will be a long time before I reach inferno, but I'm considering starting up a ranged toon and cutting my losses with this class... I enjoy playing as monk atm, but from what I'm reading here monk is basically non-viable to solo with inferno. I started Sc2 beta as zerg and wished many months later that I had simply switched races when I had been 2raxed or 4gated the 10th time rather than wait for bliz to do something about it. I do believe that eventually the classes will balance out, but it took quite a while for bliz to get anywhere with balance in SC2 and I think it will take just as long with D3... so DH or Wiz is it?
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 02:08:11
May 24 2012 01:57 GMT
#287
Neither of those weapons are worth millions since the DPS on them is too low.

For big money you want 900+ DPS 1 hander or 1100+ 2 hander. Which are Act 4 exclusive.
twitch.tv/medrea
pschiu
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore410 Posts
May 24 2012 03:50 GMT
#288
On May 24 2012 07:20 Jisall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 05:43 archon256 wrote:
On May 24 2012 01:02 pschiu wrote:
On May 23 2012 21:35 Noocta wrote:
So.. the FoT Quickening bug is fixed now ?
I just started playing today and my spirit regen is a LOT lower than yesterday.

Yeah, yesterday when there were rumours of it being fixed, I tested it and it wasn't fixed for me. But today, it's been fixed. The funny thing is, it didn't get me as down as I thought it would. Even with the bug, my monk is still stagnating in Inferno act 1, and even without it, still capable of hanging out anywhere below that anyway.

Time to continue with my real life?

Did you really buy D3 for just one char?


I did. Monk was the only one that interests me. As such I am just going to play it and get it uber geared/rich.

I'm not going to let this Act 2 inferno crap stop me from playing it tho. I'll got some ideas once i reach there that I am looking into.

I didn't. But I should play other classes because I want to try them out, not because monks are broken. For a brief moment, I even thought like the poster above. But then I thought of all the tons of bugs, problems, poor design and mechanics, security issues, way Blizz is handling things, etc, and then I'm just getting very disillusioned.
venomium
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands245 Posts
May 24 2012 05:40 GMT
#289
I'm currently doing inferno act 1 up to Leoric's passage.

Even though I only have +- 180 all resistances and 18K health, as long as I dodge the rares and champions I'm feeling pretty strong with a twohander. Now only to farm some gear that'll actuallyprotect me -.-

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WVYTgk!YXU!ZcabYZ
" I think we finally found the magic number of guns needed to be pointed at the TL hive mind to deter sexual molestation (9)" -Coagulation
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
May 24 2012 05:52 GMT
#290
On May 24 2012 12:50 pschiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 07:20 Jisall wrote:
On May 24 2012 05:43 archon256 wrote:
On May 24 2012 01:02 pschiu wrote:
On May 23 2012 21:35 Noocta wrote:
So.. the FoT Quickening bug is fixed now ?
I just started playing today and my spirit regen is a LOT lower than yesterday.

Yeah, yesterday when there were rumours of it being fixed, I tested it and it wasn't fixed for me. But today, it's been fixed. The funny thing is, it didn't get me as down as I thought it would. Even with the bug, my monk is still stagnating in Inferno act 1, and even without it, still capable of hanging out anywhere below that anyway.

Time to continue with my real life?

Did you really buy D3 for just one char?


I did. Monk was the only one that interests me. As such I am just going to play it and get it uber geared/rich.

I'm not going to let this Act 2 inferno crap stop me from playing it tho. I'll got some ideas once i reach there that I am looking into.

I didn't. But I should play other classes because I want to try them out, not because monks are broken. For a brief moment, I even thought like the poster above. But then I thought of all the tons of bugs, problems, poor design and mechanics, security issues, way Blizz is handling things, etc, and then I'm just getting very disillusioned.


Not sure what that means, but I switched up my build to be a mid-range glass cannon. Fucking obliterates shit. Feels better the the AoE blender I had before.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
GGOPphatpak
Profile Joined September 2011
United States87 Posts
May 24 2012 06:12 GMT
#291
Hey guys just a quick quesiton, what is the most preferable weapon for monk??
Starcraft 2 is one of the few games that makes me throw my keyboard out the window
getpicture
Profile Joined January 2011
141 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 06:24:35
May 24 2012 06:23 GMT
#292
If you have crap gear in inferno like me with about 25kish hp 7k dmg. Try out this build vs the butcher and possibly PvE.

I soloed inferno butcher while hiding in the invincibility from flames spot down south lol. without transcendence.

blinding flash, serenity with heal, mantra of healing(increased healing rate rune), mantra of evasion with armor rune. Deadly reach with armor rune, and breath of heaven with healing rune.

imo its too expensive to heal with transcendence, esp not that the mohboon spam abuse is gone.. do the above build vs bosses. vs PvE i hear the backlash(mofE) against elite mobs is key to monks survival. forget all the other trash runes.

passive

seize the initiative
resolve.
(insert any passive your choice, dual wield guardian dodge.

TLDR i was surprised that armor stacking was very underrated. I used to get instagibbed by butcher now im quite more tanky.
basically Vitality is very much overrated. Armor and resistances helped a lot more than VIT.
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
May 24 2012 06:34 GMT
#293
Really having huge trouble even doing A1 inferno now without strong enough gear. I'm just going to QQ about the whole lack of range. I'm not saying barbs or anything have it easier, but at least they can burst down bosses in a reasonable amount of time.
the farm ends here
getpicture
Profile Joined January 2011
141 Posts
May 24 2012 06:45 GMT
#294
skip past act 1 quests then, i skipped a bunch and went straight to butcher and soloed him.

blinding flash, serenity with heal, mantra of healing(increased healing rate rune), mantra of evasion with armor rune. Deadly reach with armor rune, and breath of heaven with healing rune.

seize the initiative, resolve and one with everything is best bet. cheapest gear that gets you through is one shield /weapon combo. don't dual wield.
run.at.me
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 10:36:13
May 24 2012 09:01 GMT
#295
I need some advice:

These are my current stats. Im up to act 2 inferno but find that i'm still dying too easy. Suggestions? I have trouble deciding whether to sacrifice some vitality for resistances. Im probably aiming for 500 resistances all round.

Also, Im thinking of throwing the shield away and finidng another decent one hander (~750 dps+ and i want it to be socketed)
And then also changing my passive from the armor/dex one to the duel wield dodge bonus.
PLEAAESE any suggestions would be nice. thanks SORRY ITS SO BIG I DONT KNOW HOW TO WORK IT ;/

I took the advice of clicking 'add image' and posting the url like i'm supposed to. Yet, the image is still this side. Also, thanks for the tips, (poster below), 750 is a started indeed, but the items for 900 dps+ (with stats) cost somewhere between 7-10 million which isn't impossible (as im making around 1-2 mil a day on the auction house) but it aint ez

[image loading]
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
May 24 2012 09:59 GMT
#296
Use upload image button on TL, it does all the hard work for you!
If you have more resist gear use that, 40k+ is fine if by doing so gets you that 500 all resist. The armor + resist makes the health pool last all that much longer, in addition to all the strategy skills that let you eke out a living off every last vit point you have.
Honestly, don't think you'll find a huge difference going dual wield over 1h+shield and using the dual wield bonus. You'd have to have the second 1handed significantly better than what you've got now. 750+ dps is a starter but you're better off just finding that pricerange in a socketed shield with the stats we crave. Armor isn't to be undervalued. Look at all the Method 4person kills with the monk in 1h+shield for reference.

Keep dex->armor. Edit your post so the image is constrained but clickable for the big version (Add Image button on TL).
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Levistus
Profile Joined December 2009
1134 Posts
May 24 2012 11:05 GMT
#297
how does monk dps compare to barbarian if someone were to tank for me? i can't choose between the two.
hey man just curious
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
May 24 2012 11:08 GMT
#298
Monk not really a dps class it has good support if you're not the main tank you boost the other tank with a lot of healing and dodge and can tank well on your own. You have limited pure dps skills.
ExceeD_DreaM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada500 Posts
May 24 2012 12:21 GMT
#299
run.at.me,

Basically, people have stats like you except all resistances are over 1000. They still get 1 or 2 shotted by sand wasps in act 2, so I would just wait and farm act 1. You don't need much resist in act 1, but in act 2, you really need that +800 resist to even survive.

I gave up on act 2 for now and just farming in act 1. I still have garbage gear, but using Keen eye, blinding flash (+holy dmg), earth ally, serenity (+1 sec), conviction mantra, and BoH (blazing), I have no problem soloing elites and rares as long as I don't meet more than 1 pack. Of course, that is if I don't meet retarded combination like vortex jailer frozen arcane extra fast, cuz that is impossible to kite.

Just get nephalem buffs from cemetary, and do SK and butcher runs.
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
May 24 2012 12:30 GMT
#300
On May 24 2012 10:57 Medrea wrote:
Neither of those weapons are worth millions since the DPS on them is too low.

For big money you want 900+ DPS 1 hander or 1100+ 2 hander. Which are Act 4 exclusive.

really? but i thought those ~90-100 dex worth something
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 265
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 500
Larva 457
Leta 73
NaDa 41
TT1 18
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm245
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Other Games
summit1g9968
WinterStarcraft450
Mew2King104
ViBE81
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1058
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream149
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2172
League of Legends
• Rush1214
• Lourlo1067
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 15m
INu's Battles
7h 15m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 15m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 15m
Replay Cast
18h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.