• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:14
CEST 01:14
KST 08:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8872 users

Monk - Builds/Discussion - Page 14

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 141 Next
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
May 23 2012 05:34 GMT
#261
Hope I can keep rolling with my monk in hell, my equipments are pretty shitty. If I can't, then will be switching class to WD or DH for sure (
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
May 23 2012 05:55 GMT
#262
Act 2 is pretty ridiculous. 50k hp, ~150 of every resist(using transcedence, -20% target damage, and armor passive), 11k dps, and I get absolutely stomped by most white mobs. Oh well at least I have wizard friends to carry me through because all I'm good for is peeling for the duration of serenity and blinding flash.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-23 07:04:09
May 23 2012 07:02 GMT
#263
About 9k dps 30k hp and I can solo about all champions. Theres couple combinations that I find little hard to kill, certain mob with invulnreable minions, arcane + anything badass and it's autoskip for me^^.
Act 1 just for now, I hope I can keep soloing in further acts in similiar ways. Need better gear still but I only get crap loot that is worth nothing... :/

On May 23 2012 14:34 tuho12345 wrote:
Hope I can keep rolling with my monk in hell, my equipments are pretty shitty. If I can't, then will be switching class to WD or DH for sure (

Hell is very fun to solo with monk. ^^
as useful as teasalt
javy_
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1677 Posts
May 23 2012 08:09 GMT
#264
On May 23 2012 14:55 Amui wrote:
Act 2 is pretty ridiculous. 50k hp, ~150 of every resist(using transcedence, -20% target damage, and armor passive), 11k dps, and I get absolutely stomped by most white mobs. Oh well at least I have wizard friends to carry me through because all I'm good for is peeling for the duration of serenity and blinding flash.


you need more like 500+ resists
♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
May 23 2012 08:16 GMT
#265
No one with everything passive is not great. Its physical reduction as well.

But items dont have the budget for melee classes yet either. Need to wait on a hotfix to the game.
twitch.tv/medrea
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
May 23 2012 08:19 GMT
#266
Is it just me, or is Tempest Rush super laggy? I don't have any lag normally, but half the time when I use that skill to run away, I rubber band back to where I started. It's going to get me killed on hardcore pretty soon.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
May 23 2012 08:44 GMT
#267
On May 23 2012 17:19 ShadowDrgn wrote:
Is it just me, or is Tempest Rush super laggy? I don't have any lag normally, but half the time when I use that skill to run away, I rubber band back to where I started. It's going to get me killed on hardcore pretty soon.


I'm getting the rubber banding a lot without Tempest Rush when running away, really annoying.
JoeSchmoe
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2058 Posts
May 23 2012 10:10 GMT
#268
Funny I go to the wizards' thread and they're all worrying about how the recent changes might hinder their ability to farm act 4 inferno while all the monks are ditching for ranged class.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 23 2012 12:35 GMT
#269
So.. the FoT Quickening bug is fixed now ?
I just started playing today and my spirit regen is a LOT lower than yesterday.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Mikelius
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany517 Posts
May 23 2012 16:01 GMT
#270
I'm currently running this build on NM, at the moment I'm doing pretty damn well and only really die when I get surrounded or with the goddamned Arcane enchanted mobs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aeXiTQ!YcX!abZbbZ
Less QQ, more PewPew
pschiu
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore410 Posts
May 23 2012 16:02 GMT
#271
On May 23 2012 21:35 Noocta wrote:
So.. the FoT Quickening bug is fixed now ?
I just started playing today and my spirit regen is a LOT lower than yesterday.

Yeah, yesterday when there were rumours of it being fixed, I tested it and it wasn't fixed for me. But today, it's been fixed. The funny thing is, it didn't get me as down as I thought it would. Even with the bug, my monk is still stagnating in Inferno act 1, and even without it, still capable of hanging out anywhere below that anyway.

Time to continue with my real life?
wwiv
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore182 Posts
May 23 2012 19:56 GMT
#272
sigh currently at around 450 resist all, 35k hp, 5k armor, 12.8k damage, was doing below average in act 2 until i reached the oasis and realized it was impossible to kill those serpent melee elites.. o well back to farm
archon256
Profile Joined August 2010
United States363 Posts
May 23 2012 20:43 GMT
#273
On May 24 2012 01:02 pschiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2012 21:35 Noocta wrote:
So.. the FoT Quickening bug is fixed now ?
I just started playing today and my spirit regen is a LOT lower than yesterday.

Yeah, yesterday when there were rumours of it being fixed, I tested it and it wasn't fixed for me. But today, it's been fixed. The funny thing is, it didn't get me as down as I thought it would. Even with the bug, my monk is still stagnating in Inferno act 1, and even without it, still capable of hanging out anywhere below that anyway.

Time to continue with my real life?

Did you really buy D3 for just one char?
"The troupe is ready, the stage is set. I come to dance, the dance of death"
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
May 23 2012 20:59 GMT
#274
On May 23 2012 12:35 run.at.me wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2012 10:16 semantics wrote:
i think end game going high into armor/dex and then rez and having 14k ish hp is where i think monks shoudl go but getting the gear for that is so hard.

Right now i'm doing 20k in inferno by maxing out my damage i can at least kill things before they can kill me although usually something else kills me shortly after.
[image loading]

dat act 3 inferno such hell t-t


I find it hard to believe these stats can get you far at all, I have 1300 dex 1100 vitality(42khp), 5.5k armor (I use 1h+ shield) with 11k dps (soon to upgrade my 1h significantly) and 400 resistances across the board...
And I'm still dying to hard elites in act 1 inferno :/ I don't use the mantra glitch, maybe that's why.

Still I'm thinking of switching to duel wield and sacking the armor passive I currently use now (replacing it with the dodge bonus passive).

Dno just seems really hard

you're tanking yes if i wanted to tank it would be hard but if all i wanted to do is kill shit and die until the dungeon is clear this works just fine stack conviction aura and other crap for more damage and kill thins inbetween blinding them and serenity. I die alot but i can still kill shit in time, only thing that hard is some champions are just impossible heal them selves too much inbetween deaths. Only thing death costs you in this game is a small repair bill and some time depending on how far your last check point is.
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
May 23 2012 21:03 GMT
#275
Anyone got a good build to use for late stages hell farm/early stages inferno now that they've fixed the bug?

I'm kinda looking to go back to a full dodge build, but I doubt I'll be able to do more than 1 or 2 strikes before having to run away again >_>

I've also wondered if one could use the extra spirit regen (infused with light) after BoH and then keep the "bug" build otherwise intact, but I figured that since they allegedly also "fixed" boon it might be pointless to spam it at all now - inputs would be greatly appreciated!
NotAPro
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada146 Posts
May 23 2012 21:14 GMT
#276
How much gold will it take to get a decent Inferno set? Currently my stats are 44k hp, less than 100 resistance and 2.8k dps. I was able to solo most of act 1 abusing mantra bug but I'm having my doubts if ill be able to do it anymore. I only have 1.3 mill as well.
dreamsmasher
Profile Joined November 2010
816 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-23 21:19:59
May 23 2012 21:19 GMT
#277
On May 24 2012 06:03 Ghostcom wrote:
Anyone got a good build to use for late stages hell farm/early stages inferno now that they've fixed the bug?

I'm kinda looking to go back to a full dodge build, but I doubt I'll be able to do more than 1 or 2 strikes before having to run away again >_>

I've also wondered if one could use the extra spirit regen (infused with light) after BoH and then keep the "bug" build otherwise intact, but I figured that since they allegedly also "fixed" boon it might be pointless to spam it at all now - inputs would be greatly appreciated!


i've been using this after the nerf to mantra of healing's bubble:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bgXihY!YXU!Zacbab

there's some swappables, for example sometimes i use the 25% dmg reduction etc... its mostly about being active and timing your interrupts to either maximize your dps (if you're getting kited or its a bubble mob). i use firestorm precisely due to its range. it's much slower than the old run in there and spam healing bubble until your fingers bleed but it works fairly well. (i'm in act III hell as a 59 and beating most of the elite mobs fairly easy). i also find that this build generally doesn't have too much trouble with bubbled mobs.

i use templar and sometimes for the immortal minion mobs i have to block them into a wall and tank behind my templar.

one with everything should be replaced by a different passive if you don't have high enough resist yet. but its fucking amazing if you do.

i prioritize vitality over everything except on weapons.
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
May 23 2012 21:36 GMT
#278
On May 24 2012 06:19 dreamsmasher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 06:03 Ghostcom wrote:
Anyone got a good build to use for late stages hell farm/early stages inferno now that they've fixed the bug?

I'm kinda looking to go back to a full dodge build, but I doubt I'll be able to do more than 1 or 2 strikes before having to run away again >_>

I've also wondered if one could use the extra spirit regen (infused with light) after BoH and then keep the "bug" build otherwise intact, but I figured that since they allegedly also "fixed" boon it might be pointless to spam it at all now - inputs would be greatly appreciated!


i've been using this after the nerf to mantra of healing's bubble:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bgXihY!YXU!Zacbab

there's some swappables, for example sometimes i use the 25% dmg reduction etc... its mostly about being active and timing your interrupts to either maximize your dps (if you're getting kited or its a bubble mob). i use firestorm precisely due to its range. it's much slower than the old run in there and spam healing bubble until your fingers bleed but it works fairly well. (i'm in act III hell as a 59 and beating most of the elite mobs fairly easy). i also find that this build generally doesn't have too much trouble with bubbled mobs.

i use templar and sometimes for the immortal minion mobs i have to block them into a wall and tank behind my templar.

one with everything should be replaced by a different passive if you don't have high enough resist yet. but its fucking amazing if you do.

i prioritize vitality over everything except on weapons.


Thanks!
HyunA
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania362 Posts
May 23 2012 21:52 GMT
#279
so umm.. monk is doomed to be support for inferno? i'm seriously thinking about re-rolling with wizard because it's simply no fun being support and tank in a hack and slash game.
don't get me wrong, i love the game and i love monk, but i don't think things will get any better soon and i seriously want to pwn some meat in inferno.

what do you guys think?
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
May 23 2012 22:06 GMT
#280
Dont take anything seriously at this point because Inferno is obviously just broken and Blizzard needs to retune it.
twitch.tv/medrea
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft358
Nina 151
ViBE117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14396
firebathero 113
Hyuk 59
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
febbydoto88
League of Legends
Doublelift4041
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5456
Other Games
summit1g8978
FrodaN2195
JimRising 479
mouzStarbuck426
KnowMe229
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1182
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• musti20045 32
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur213
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 46m
INu's Battles
12h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 46m
Replay Cast
23h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.