• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:54
CEST 15:54
KST 22:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13539 users

Monk - Builds/Discussion - Page 12

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 141 Next
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
May 22 2012 16:18 GMT
#221
On May 23 2012 00:50 daredpanda wrote:
For monk items. Do you mainly get items that up the dex? My friends right not has his items devoted to vit, life regen and vampiric weapons. So relatively low dps. His idea to out last the monsters. working so far in nightmare. not sure bout hell or inferno yet. any thoughts?

here's his build currently

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZfgXQ!YZX!ZZZaZa


I've traditionally had about a 1:0.8 ratio for dexterity to vitality into hell. However, I've recently started upgrading my equipment and adding vitality at a faster clip than dexterity, so my vitality is now a little higher than my dex. I'm level 53 now with 3500 DPS and 36k hp in Act 1 hell. So far it's been pretty easy.
archon256
Profile Joined August 2010
United States363 Posts
May 22 2012 17:00 GMT
#222
A2 Hell here, I've been finding Vit more useful as well since if I can tank hits I can win drawn-out battles vs. elites with Boon of Protection spam. But I'm guessing this will change come Inferno with its enrage timers.
"The troupe is ready, the stage is set. I come to dance, the dance of death"
daredpanda
Profile Joined January 2012
United States60 Posts
May 22 2012 17:09 GMT
#223
On May 23 2012 02:00 archon256 wrote:
A2 Hell here, I've been finding Vit more useful as well since if I can tank hits I can win drawn-out battles vs. elites with Boon of Protection spam. But I'm guessing this will change come Inferno with its enrage timers.


That's what I was thinking. The enrage timers for Inferno is 2 or 3 mins. I forget. But those enrage timers are to tell you whether or not your DPS is high enough. For the Butcher, the entire floor catches on fire. So that can be problematic.

What I've been hearing is that ActII Inferno is darn near impossible for monks. I cannot confirm personally. I main wizard and my monk is far from inferno atm. Can anyone confirm this?
Terran sandwich with Archon bread. GG all day long!
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
May 22 2012 17:11 GMT
#224
Been reading on Reddit that the Sweeping Wind + Quickening synergy is nerfed.
Writer
archon256
Profile Joined August 2010
United States363 Posts
May 22 2012 17:13 GMT
#225
Good to hear. That combo was way too good compared to everything else.
"The troupe is ready, the stage is set. I come to dance, the dance of death"
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 22 2012 17:16 GMT
#226
On May 23 2012 02:13 archon256 wrote:
Good to hear. That combo was way too good compared to everything else.


Not good to hear. That combo was the only thing making Monk worth something. :/
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
archon256
Profile Joined August 2010
United States363 Posts
May 22 2012 17:20 GMT
#227
But that's fine, now they can adjust accordingly.
In the worst case scenario I'll just put my monk on the backburner and farm gear for him with another class.
"The troupe is ready, the stage is set. I come to dance, the dance of death"
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
May 22 2012 17:36 GMT
#228
On May 23 2012 01:18 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2012 00:50 daredpanda wrote:
For monk items. Do you mainly get items that up the dex? My friends right not has his items devoted to vit, life regen and vampiric weapons. So relatively low dps. His idea to out last the monsters. working so far in nightmare. not sure bout hell or inferno yet. any thoughts?

here's his build currently

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZfgXQ!YZX!ZZZaZa


I've traditionally had about a 1:0.8 ratio for dexterity to vitality into hell. However, I've recently started upgrading my equipment and adding vitality at a faster clip than dexterity, so my vitality is now a little higher than my dex. I'm level 53 now with 3500 DPS and 36k hp in Act 1 hell. So far it's been pretty easy.


Haha I played up to Act 3 Hell with 16k health, only up to 20k even now still at Act 3 Hell. Around 4.5k damage though, thats probably awful as well for all I know.

Anyway playing most of the time solo and super defensive with shield and this build which probably doesn't make any sense but I'm managing somehow. Not bothering with any offensive skills as they weren't really doing anything in the first place with my damage, although I switch Blinding Light for Spirit Ally for bosses.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#abgXYh!ZXY!cZaZca

Narcind
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2489 Posts
May 22 2012 17:40 GMT
#229
Pretty sure I'm done with my monk. I get one shot by normal white mobs in act 3 inferno. This shit isn't doable.

In the process of making a wizard now.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
May 22 2012 17:57 GMT
#230
On May 23 2012 02:36 Vaelone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2012 01:18 xDaunt wrote:
On May 23 2012 00:50 daredpanda wrote:
For monk items. Do you mainly get items that up the dex? My friends right not has his items devoted to vit, life regen and vampiric weapons. So relatively low dps. His idea to out last the monsters. working so far in nightmare. not sure bout hell or inferno yet. any thoughts?

here's his build currently

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZfgXQ!YZX!ZZZaZa


I've traditionally had about a 1:0.8 ratio for dexterity to vitality into hell. However, I've recently started upgrading my equipment and adding vitality at a faster clip than dexterity, so my vitality is now a little higher than my dex. I'm level 53 now with 3500 DPS and 36k hp in Act 1 hell. So far it's been pretty easy.


Haha I played up to Act 3 Hell with 16k health, only up to 20k even now still at Act 3 Hell. Around 4.5k damage though, thats probably awful as well for all I know.

Anyway playing most of the time solo and super defensive with shield and this build which probably doesn't make any sense but I'm managing somehow. Not bothering with any offensive skills as they weren't really doing anything in the first place with my damage, although I switch Blinding Light for Spirit Ally for bosses.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#abgXYh!ZXY!cZaZca


When I was running hell, I was at 35k health hitting for around 5k each. This was before I heard about sweeping winds + fot (quickening rune).
then I stop itemizing for vit so hard, went back down to 25k, but was hitting for 8k.
liftlift > tsm
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
May 22 2012 17:59 GMT
#231
On May 23 2012 02:40 Canas wrote:
Pretty sure I'm done with my monk. I get one shot by normal white mobs in act 3 inferno. This shit isn't doable.

In the process of making a wizard now.

lol Yeah, SAME HERE. my lvl 60 monk, is super geard. still gets stomped by inferno mobs >.<
liftlift > tsm
koreanfather
Profile Joined May 2012
1 Post
May 22 2012 18:01 GMT
#232
I'm in act 2 inferno monk and from my experience you need to go vitality for monk. Monks are tanks, they're better tanks than barbs because of their heals/bubble spells that gives you about 8 sec~ ish of dmg for your party. That's very important. Going DPS is an option, but dps is useless imo in inferno because you need to get close to the enemy and they'll maul you if you do. On top of that the demon hunter/wiz will always out dps you by multiples. DPS is worthless under those considerations. You might as well just tank up with 60K HP as a pure tank.

This is my build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UZQXgR!dUY!cZZZab

The kick with sweeping armada rune should knock back/slow if you get swarmed and allows you and keeps the monsters in a safe distance from your dps buddies. Mantra of healing wtih boon of protection is a bubble for 2 sec. If you have a high attack speed item dual wield it with guardian path and you can practically spam this move nonstop. Heal and serenity is obvious choice. and Inner sanctuary is utilized in party fights as a force field on narrow areas. Very useful when you're going up against only close range unique in inferno.

If you do this build and you get a good dps partner, act 1 inferno is a piece of cake, Me and my friends do inferno act 1 runs in order to gear up for act 2.
Narcind
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2489 Posts
May 22 2012 18:19 GMT
#233
On May 23 2012 03:01 koreanfather wrote:
I'm in act 2 inferno monk and from my experience you need to go vitality for monk. Monks are tanks, they're better tanks than barbs because of their heals/bubble spells that gives you about 8 sec~ ish of dmg for your party. That's very important. Going DPS is an option, but dps is useless imo in inferno because you need to get close to the enemy and they'll maul you if you do. On top of that the demon hunter/wiz will always out dps you by multiples. DPS is worthless under those considerations. You might as well just tank up with 60K HP as a pure tank.

This is my build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UZQXgR!dUY!cZZZab

The kick with sweeping armada rune should knock back/slow if you get swarmed and allows you and keeps the monsters in a safe distance from your dps buddies. Mantra of healing wtih boon of protection is a bubble for 2 sec. If you have a high attack speed item dual wield it with guardian path and you can practically spam this move nonstop. Heal and serenity is obvious choice. and Inner sanctuary is utilized in party fights as a force field on narrow areas. Very useful when you're going up against only close range unique in inferno.

If you do this build and you get a good dps partner, act 1 inferno is a piece of cake, Me and my friends do inferno act 1 runs in order to gear up for act 2.


act 1


Not to be mean or try and troll or anything, but...

act 1
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-22 19:23:04
May 22 2012 19:07 GMT
#234
How in the hell do you solo Izual in Hell ?
His damage is way too high and you can't dodge his normal attacks.

Well, nevermind, he's doable, but I had to switch to 1H+shield, which I didn't need to do for everything until this point. :/
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-22 20:09:42
May 22 2012 20:07 GMT
#235
On May 23 2012 02:16 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2012 02:13 archon256 wrote:
Good to hear. That combo was way too good compared to everything else.


Not good to hear. That combo was the only thing making Monk worth something. :/


Not true, boon of protection spam is broken as well!

I think theoretically monks are off-tanks because unless you go dodge builds you get lots of -damage, -movement,-attack speed,+healing builds, only dodge relys on you getting hit. So if you get say a barb to tank and you just spam boon on him when he needs it and then you can get some damage with your resolve passive running and possibly crippling wave with concussion if its needed + whatever defensive spells are needed.

I think the main problem with monk is he has no good spirit damage abilities aside from sweeping wind. 7 sided strikes is more a tank ability on 30 s cd.
HyunA
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania362 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-22 20:20:03
May 22 2012 20:09 GMT
#236
okay so i soloed everything ez until act 1 inferno. i'm a 38k hp 11k dps (DW) monk and hell is too easy and inferno too hard for me.
i'm struggling now to farm the quest prime evil from act 4 hell to get some money and gear up more for inferno.
i use this build atm and i play solo: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bTYXgh!dXU!ZbaZYa
any suggestions? thx.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
May 22 2012 20:13 GMT
#237
On May 23 2012 05:09 HyunA wrote:
okay so i soloed everything ez until act 1 inferno. i'm a 38k hp 11k dps (DW) monk and hell is too easy and inferno too hard for me.
i'm struggling now to farm the quest prime evil from act 4 hell to get some money and gear up more for inferno.
i use this build atm and i play solo: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bjYgXh!ZdX!ZcaYZa
any suggestions? thx.

You are just asking for trouble by not using and gearing for One With Everything.
HyunA
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania362 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-22 20:20:21
May 22 2012 20:14 GMT
#238
On May 23 2012 05:13 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2012 05:09 HyunA wrote:
okay so i soloed everything ez until act 1 inferno. i'm a 38k hp 11k dps (DW) monk and hell is too easy and inferno too hard for me.
i'm struggling now to farm the quest prime evil from act 4 hell to get some money and gear up more for inferno.
i use this build atm and i play solo: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bjYgXh!ZdX!ZcaYZa
any suggestions? thx.

You are just asking for trouble by not using and gearing for One With Everything.

oh, sorry. i used the build with resolve so much that i put it up instinctively. i use OWE instead of resolve, so i have 131 resistance to all elements now. i changed the link above.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-22 20:27:29
May 22 2012 20:18 GMT
#239
On May 23 2012 02:11 scintilliaSD wrote:
Been reading on Reddit that the Sweeping Wind + Quickening synergy is nerfed.


Not nerfed. Confirmed working as of 30 seconds ago.

Act 2 Inferno gear is inappropriate for Act 2 Inferno, so Act 1 inferno gear is even worse. With a very strong Act 3 level set I am getting closer and closer to making a stand in Act 2 inferno.

At the moment everyone needs to roll a wizard. You can use the monk to power gear a wizard.

EDIT:Or a better option would be to run Pony Land as best you can (corpse chest hopping or rare pack bypass) and gear up. ATM my Wizard friend can tackle Inferno Act 4 fairly conventionally. Was able to get 5 stacks of the buff rolling and killed Izual.
twitch.tv/medrea
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
May 22 2012 20:24 GMT
#240
*throws up hands* elite packs piss me off. Act 2 Hell and I run into a dungeon with not one not two but three elite packs all with vampiric/arcane/frozen or arcane/frozen/desecration. I don't think I've been this angry at a game in ages. I just can't live. I am going to end up a tank at this rate, I guess that's kinda the point I suppose..
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 262
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 262
mouzHeroMarine 167
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41546
Bisu 2806
Hyuk 1748
Shuttle 1632
Mini 673
EffOrt 601
Larva 481
Soma 428
firebathero 239
ZerO 220
[ Show more ]
hero 115
Last 96
Zeus 69
Sexy 55
sorry 54
Pusan 53
Killer 51
Hyun 47
Bale 36
Trap 33
Hm[arnc] 28
ToSsGirL 26
PianO 26
Aegong 25
zelot 19
Rock 13
yabsab 13
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6655
qojqva1368
Dendi1117
Counter-Strike
fl0m422
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1227
crisheroes871
Lowko416
Liquid`Hasu405
Other Games
gofns41675
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1366
DeMusliM254
Livibee166
Liquid`VortiX136
Hui .118
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS81
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream62
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6510
League of Legends
• Jankos1813
Other Games
• WagamamaTV214
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 6m
INu's Battles
22h 6m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.