• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:02
CEST 08:02
KST 15:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9421 users

Monk - Builds/Discussion - Page 11

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 141 Next
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-22 05:23:21
May 22 2012 05:21 GMT
#201
http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/calculator/monk#aWXifQ!YXU!YZbbYb

I should have guessed that I wasn't the only one to find out about the Quickening + Sweeping Wind "synergy." I've been running it since I got it, and now I'm moving on to Hell difficulty with the build above. It seems to be faring pretty well - I might not kill things that quickly, but I don't ever really die because of the Mantra spam.
Writer
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-22 07:44:21
May 22 2012 07:39 GMT
#202
On May 22 2012 14:21 scintilliaSD wrote:
http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/calculator/monk#aWXifQ!YXU!YZbbYb

I should have guessed that I wasn't the only one to find out about the Quickening + Sweeping Wind "synergy." I've been running it since I got it, and now I'm moving on to Hell difficulty with the build above. It seems to be faring pretty well - I might not kill things that quickly, but I don't ever really die because of the Mantra spam.


For a second I thought you were talking about the rising tide on crippling wave. That gives 5 spirit per crit.

Wonder if it stacks with quickening. combine those too with sweeping wind and crit gear and you never die.

If it works i figure this build with stacked crit gear would own:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aWXifQ!YUW!YbabZb
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
Narcind
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2489 Posts
May 22 2012 07:44 GMT
#203
I've tried the quickening sweeping winds build, but I just can't make it work for me, is it only supposed to work when soloing or something? Because I'm mostly playing in a group of 4 and we're on act 3 inferno, and if I don't go deadly reach with keen eye and mantra of evasion with hard target I just get 1 shot by pretty much everything.
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
May 22 2012 08:05 GMT
#204
So are the Inferno people going for Resist All or One With Everything? And when do the resist DR's kick in?

I've rolled with the FoT/Sweeping Wind/Mantra of Healing cheating build since late Nightmare to Act 2 Hell and getting pretty bored at it now and can't see it working too well on Inferno as I'm already getting bursted down on Hell by specific Rares. Need to come up with a build that lets me kill stuff from range, guess it will involve Deadly Reach and couple defensive skills. There shall be trial and error.
Narcind
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2489 Posts
May 22 2012 08:19 GMT
#205
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bjgXYh!YXU!ZcaZaa is what I'm running, don't know about resist DR's, seem to get worse around 50%, but I'm really not sure.

And yeah I think from like act 2ish hell and onwards, you kind of need a shield or you're just going to get raped.
carraway
Profile Joined March 2011
264 Posts
May 22 2012 08:28 GMT
#206
On May 22 2012 17:05 Vaelone wrote:
So are the Inferno people going for Resist All or One With Everything? And when do the resist DR's kick in?

I've rolled with the FoT/Sweeping Wind/Mantra of Healing cheating build since late Nightmare to Act 2 Hell and getting pretty bored at it now and can't see it working too well on Inferno as I'm already getting bursted down on Hell by specific Rares. Need to come up with a build that lets me kill stuff from range, guess it will involve Deadly Reach and couple defensive skills. There shall be trial and error.


Because you can double-stack a specific resist with +resist all, One With Everything adds a lot of bang for your buck. The formula for resist DR is:

Damage reduction from resistance = Resistance / (5 × Monster Level + Resistance)

You're not just going for +resist all alone, you're looking for rares with dex, vit, +one resist, and +resist all.
Kamakiri
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden312 Posts
May 22 2012 09:01 GMT
#207
I have not read through the whole thread, but which spirit generator is considered the "best" for a level 60 monk?
cancer lancer, faceless cancer
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
May 22 2012 09:33 GMT
#208
I'm pretty sure they all work.
Osteriet
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark149 Posts
May 22 2012 09:42 GMT
#209
I switched to the bug build and it works at hell at least. Its just really boring where you literally just hold down your mantra key and your leftclick..
Spriki
Profile Joined April 2012
216 Posts
May 22 2012 10:59 GMT
#210
a "weapons" question

i think most agree that dual wield sucks past nightmare
so which is better 1-hand/shield or two handed?

is 1-hand/shield specifically a tanking build and is two handed specifically a DPS build
give some insight to a noob here :D
Professional couch potato l Lover of Spectator Sports
Narcind
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2489 Posts
May 22 2012 11:06 GMT
#211
Two handed is worse than dual wield is, the only reason you get a shield at some point in hell is because of how fast you die if you don't.
Gnarg
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands165 Posts
May 22 2012 11:23 GMT
#212
So do you guys socket dex or vit at inferno?
run.at.me
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia550 Posts
May 22 2012 11:30 GMT
#213
On May 22 2012 20:23 Gnarg wrote:
So do you guys socket dex or vit at inferno?


depends on what items i have, currently ive been socketing half and half.. im act 1 inferno, with 40k hp and 10k dmg, 5.5 k armor (with the passive)... and im still paper to a few elite mobs, it's a joke. It's gotten to the point where i can't find better items, without them being auctioned at 2mil+ (which i could afford if i saved for a day or 2)... thinking of just splashing out on a 2.5 mil 1 hander... any advice on weapon choice? Also been stacking vit/dex and trying to get as much resistance as possible but it seems no matter what I do, death is inevitable -_-.
clickrush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Switzerland3257 Posts
May 22 2012 11:39 GMT
#214
On the dualwield vs 1h+shield vs 2handed discusssion:

dual wield with the +15% dodge passive is really strong if you have 2 weapons with similar damage. the passive attackspeed gain and the naturally higher attackspeed letz you spam abilities quite more often.

the only reason to get 1h+shield is when the shield gives you stronger stats than your offhand weapon.

2handed deals the most damage of the three options but also makes you the least tanky. another downside: if you use 2handed over dual wield you will spend&gain less spirit so your spirit-spent into heal passive is less effective. also the slower weapon speed makes for slower casting animations which makes you less mobile if you spam your abilities. then theres the downside of dealing more overdamage.

However: if you combine 2h with spirit regen and high spirit cost abilities you will reposition more and do very costeffective damage trades then

Imo dualwield is the most costeffective IF you have the chance to use two similar dps weapons, 2handed is the option for very specific builds/skillsets and 1h shield is the 'i only have 1 good 1hand weapon so i rather use a shield with it'-option.

in the end diablo 3 comes down to adapt your skillset to the best possible weapon/armor combination you can use, because the skillset part is actually in your hands while the items part is not.
oGsMC: Zealot defense, Stalker attack, Sentry forcefieldu forcefieldu, Marauder die die
gugarutz
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria110 Posts
May 22 2012 13:36 GMT
#215
i just read on the battle net forum that the quickening / sweeping winds bug is fixed, since i'm at work i cant test it.
could anyone verify this?
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
May 22 2012 13:50 GMT
#216
On May 22 2012 22:36 gugarutz wrote:
i just read on the battle net forum that the quickening / sweeping winds bug is fixed, since i'm at work i cant test it.
could anyone verify this?

Not fixed in the US. Maybe it is in Europe if they applied a patch.
ExceeD_DreaM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada500 Posts
May 22 2012 13:55 GMT
#217
It is bound to be fixed. Obviously a bug when Thousand fist spirit regen from crit does NOT work with sweeping wind in a similar manner.

I am getting mad frustrated in hell act 3 where everytime I try to get through somewhere, I meet insane rare elite mobs with crazy specs. Why can't I get like extra health jailer type? Always a combo of arcane+frost+vortex+vampiric... it is getting CRAZY. Yesterday I was trying to get through fort keep and came across 3 packs of elite mobs together with insane specs... I just turned the game off..

With lot of hp+res+armor at my lvl already, getting one shotted (Frost+Vortex+Arcane ftw! can't even kite that crap) by elites is frustrating even with bugged build. How are we gonna survive? Monks need to be buffed!!
daredpanda
Profile Joined January 2012
United States60 Posts
May 22 2012 15:50 GMT
#218
For monk items. Do you mainly get items that up the dex? My friends right not has his items devoted to vit, life regen and vampiric weapons. So relatively low dps. His idea to out last the monsters. working so far in nightmare. not sure bout hell or inferno yet. any thoughts?

here's his build currently

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZfgXQ!YZX!ZZZaZa
Terran sandwich with Archon bread. GG all day long!
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
May 22 2012 15:51 GMT
#219
Sixth sense seems like a really bad passive to me, it's 30% of your crit chance as extra dodge chance, but my crit chance is 5%. My dodge chance is already at 43%, I don't need an extra 1.6% dodge chance for a whole passive skill. Do people really get such high crit chance that this skill is actually worth it?
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
daredpanda
Profile Joined January 2012
United States60 Posts
May 22 2012 16:07 GMT
#220
On May 23 2012 00:51 solidbebe wrote:
Sixth sense seems like a really bad passive to me, it's 30% of your crit chance as extra dodge chance, but my crit chance is 5%. My dodge chance is already at 43%, I don't need an extra 1.6% dodge chance for a whole passive skill. Do people really get such high crit chance that this skill is actually worth it?


Its its a wonky passive, but if you farm crit armor and weapons. it can be worth it maybe
Terran sandwich with Archon bread. GG all day long!
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1197
910 107
Snow 94
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 47
Bale 33
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto274
League of Legends
JimRising 607
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King158
Other Games
summit1g7263
Coldzera 716
WinterStarcraft434
C9.Mang0295
PiGStarcraft153
NeuroSwarm120
ViBE20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 38
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2235
League of Legends
• Rush1128
• Lourlo1091
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 59m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 59m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 59m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.