• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:17
CEST 02:17
KST 09:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8070 users

Monk - Builds/Discussion - Page 16

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 141 Next
bellaisa
Profile Joined April 2010
United States117 Posts
May 24 2012 13:36 GMT
#301
On May 24 2012 21:30 NB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 10:57 Medrea wrote:
Neither of those weapons are worth millions since the DPS on them is too low.

For big money you want 900+ DPS 1 hander or 1100+ 2 hander. Which are Act 4 exclusive.

really? but i thought those ~90-100 dex worth something


yea, at like level 50. when you're 60, all ppl care about is the highest dps..and sometimes high vitality.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 14:06:54
May 24 2012 14:05 GMT
#302
100 dex is still worth something just not compared to say 200 more dps
Also how the fuck do you get resistances over ONE THOUSAND farming act 1 normal. Even using one with everything you have to find super awkward gear and get like +60 of that resist in every slot.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 14:08:36
May 24 2012 14:07 GMT
#303
I agree with getpicture on pretty much everything. I have crap gear in inferno with a similar build (7k damage, 30k hp, 6k armor, no resist, 1h/shield, +300 life on hit and some regen).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bdYigh!ZXU!ZZcbaa

There is, however, one skill I've been using since the very beginning of the game, and it's my little secret for a lot of "retarded elites". It's Dashing Strike. That skill has saved my life so often it's not even funny.

The trick is this: You can dashing strike out of Jails. You can dashing strike through packs of illusionists while being walled, as long as there's a tiny little hole in the wall, dashing strike will find it. You can dashing strike to the annoying ranged mob in the back, kill it, dashing strike out.

You can also dashing strike on random objects to escape from encounters, or to move faster through dungeons. In teams, you can spam it to basically interrupt/stunlock bosses so your allies can deal the real damage.

Kiting is key to survival, and dashing strike is the key to kiting. You also tend to not get hit by projectiles while dashing, mostly homing ones. Except Stingers, those will always get two hits on you and you die.

I currently use the Flying Kick rune for the stun, and because I am not convinced that the Blinding Speed 3 second 20% dodge buff actually works. It doesn't show anywhere and is hard to test.
Holytornados
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1022 Posts
May 24 2012 14:20 GMT
#304
On May 24 2012 23:07 Pwere wrote:

I currently use the Flying Kick rune for the stun, and because I am not convinced that the Blinding Speed 3 second 20% dodge buff actually works. It doesn't show anywhere and is hard to test.


I am also under the impression that the 20% dodge rune is not working as intended as well. It doesn't give a buff like the AOE pull rune does, and doesn't increase dodge on the stats screen.
CLG/Liquid ~~ youtube.com/reddedgaming
Everlong
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 15:01:55
May 24 2012 14:48 GMT
#305
I have a very solid build for farming act 1, I can take most champions and bosses except those that are invulnereable minios or some crazy vortex arcane mortar jailer..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WZYXgk!ZXU!ZZcZYZ

I have about 60% damage reduction and 250% resist all.. As for other stats I deal something like 8-9k damage, 4,5k armor.. The idea is to blind them, reset conviction and deal as much damage as possible, then you go for serenity (4sec is long enough to do solid damage) and then you knockback everything with Lashing Tail Kick and run away.. You can do this circle as long as you dont get yourself trapped somewhere..

The thing with so high dmg reduction is that the more dmg they deal the better my build becomes, so I think it has a shot even in act 2, but will see..

There is probably room for improvement, but this works for me really well..
Holytornados
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1022 Posts
May 24 2012 15:05 GMT
#306
I've tried to adapt to the nerf to spirit gen with a new spirit gen build.

I've runned Sweeping wind to 3 spirit/sec, using air ally for 2% chance, using Boon of protection rune on mantra of healing, and way of the hundred fist with 15% chacne to generate 15 spirit rune.

Basically I am trying to be able to generate a lot of spirit like the infinite spirit build and remain tanky with the shield from mantra.
CLG/Liquid ~~ youtube.com/reddedgaming
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
May 24 2012 15:15 GMT
#307
The problem is that they nerfed what you used your spirit for: actually being invincible.

Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 24 2012 15:26 GMT
#308
On May 25 2012 00:05 Holytornados wrote:
I've tried to adapt to the nerf to spirit gen with a new spirit gen build.

I've runned Sweeping wind to 3 spirit/sec, using air ally for 2% chance, using Boon of protection rune on mantra of healing, and way of the hundred fist with 15% chacne to generate 15 spirit rune.

Basically I am trying to be able to generate a lot of spirit like the infinite spirit build and remain tanky with the shield from mantra.


The shield from the mantra is pityfull.
Blizzard actually said themselves they nerf ti to unusefullness and they will revamp it later. ( it's a 1000 shield now to give you an idea )
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
run.at.me
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 15:32:25
May 24 2012 15:31 GMT
#309
inferno act 2 is so fuckign stupid, i can walk through act 1 ez no worries, any elite mob in act 2 unless they are completely useless just owns you. they need to fix this. me and my brother both munks use the resistance buff and armour buff so we both have 650 res, 7k armour and we still die in 2 fucking seconds
edit: 41k hp, and dps at 17-20k with heaven on (which is all the time)
Colm
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom51 Posts
May 24 2012 15:31 GMT
#310
I have been using a lifesteal atk speed build with lots of dodge recently with nice success. I have soloed maghda and I was useful in a belial fight. It's got me to act 3 so far. Here is the video of Maghda and the build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYXghi!Ycd!ZabYaZ

run.at.me
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia550 Posts
May 24 2012 15:36 GMT
#311
On May 25 2012 00:31 Colm wrote:
I have been using a lifesteal atk speed build with lots of dodge recently with nice success. I have soloed maghda and I was useful in a belial fight. It's got me to act 3 so far. Here is the video of Maghda and the build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYXghi!Ycd!ZabYaZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9unfj11PCMc


what rune is that with sweeping winds?
ur attack speed is great too, i just wish we wouldnt die so fast to basically anything. doing sufficient dps isn't an issue, its 3 hits from anything and you die
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 15:39:48
May 24 2012 15:39 GMT
#312
Blade storm. (20% dmg per stack instead of 15%)

Also attack speed is great on fists of thunder because you can't get hit because of the knockback effect.
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
May 24 2012 15:39 GMT
#313
Im on act 3 of hell with 5k damage 35k hp 5000 armor and i just CANT KILL A SINGLE thing after nerf, dunno what to do anymore, not even gold i can stack since i have to repair amrmor all the time
shrift
Profile Joined August 2011
United States39 Posts
May 24 2012 15:41 GMT
#314
A4 hell, lvl 57. Here's my tankier build. I think its pretty good for trash and I can stand up to most elites through hell. I do have some trouble with arcane enchanted and/or molten. I can also tank azmodan (if that means anything) pretty easily, but I have to slightly adjust the build to account for single target dps.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UifYgh!YXc!YZYYYa

I think sweeping wind, cyclone strike, and blinding flash are an excellent combination. I rarely solo the game as I play with my barb and wizard friends. I think its a decent mix between spirit generation (WotHF w/ spirted salvo) and defense (wall of wind rune, blinding flash, serenity, and hard target rune).
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 15:41:53
May 24 2012 15:41 GMT
#315
On May 25 2012 00:39 noD wrote:
Im on act 3 of hell with 5k damage 35k hp 5000 armor and i just CANT KILL A SINGLE thing after nerf, dunno what to do anymore, not even gold i can stack since i have to repair amrmor all the time



Should be easy I did act 3 hell with much worse stats on hell. Did you try changing your build? I can try it again because I did it with a barb but I mostly ran around on my own thunderclapping to mobs and just spamming fists of thunder to chain stun them basically.
Colm
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom51 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 15:50:39
May 24 2012 15:50 GMT
#316
On May 25 2012 00:36 run.at.me wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 00:31 Colm wrote:
I have been using a lifesteal atk speed build with lots of dodge recently with nice success. I have soloed maghda and I was useful in a belial fight. It's got me to act 3 so far. Here is the video of Maghda and the build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYXghi!Ycd!ZabYaZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9unfj11PCMc


what rune is that with sweeping winds?
ur attack speed is great too, i just wish we wouldnt die so fast to basically anything. doing sufficient dps isn't an issue, its 3 hits from anything and you die


I have the attack speed so high on purpose for the life steal. It helps a ton. Fists of thunder has a great stun effect on the 3rd hit, and with the dodge ruin it keeps the buff on me most of the time.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
May 24 2012 16:24 GMT
#317
Does the Fist of Thunder knockback work on elites too? Or at least on minions?

I've been considering actually running with two main attacks.. Fist of Thunder for dodge/knockback/quick damage, and Deadly Range for armor/range (this shit has like 35 yards range, goes through walls).

I just don't know how to survive without my Dashing Strike. Wtf do you do vs walls/jails/illusions/invulnerability without this?
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
May 24 2012 16:27 GMT
#318
On May 25 2012 01:24 Pwere wrote:

I just don't know how to survive without my Dashing Strike. Wtf do you do vs walls/jails/illusions/invulnerability without this?

You die.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Colm
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom51 Posts
May 24 2012 16:56 GMT
#319
On May 25 2012 01:27 Silidons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 01:24 Pwere wrote:

I just don't know how to survive without my Dashing Strike. Wtf do you do vs walls/jails/illusions/invulnerability without this?

You die.

This. You really do just die.
Hnnngg
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1101 Posts
May 24 2012 17:48 GMT
#320
On May 25 2012 01:27 Silidons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 01:24 Pwere wrote:

I just don't know how to survive without my Dashing Strike. Wtf do you do vs walls/jails/illusions/invulnerability without this?

You die.


It's to be expected.

+ Show Spoiler +
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings100
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 957
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift5179
JimRising 704
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Other Games
summit1g10484
FrodaN2831
C9.Mang0285
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP98
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 43m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 43m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 43m
Replay Cast
22h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.