• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:31
CEST 03:31
KST 10:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8570 users

D3 Bnet is going the same way as SC2 - Page 11

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
xavra41
Profile Joined January 2012
United States220 Posts
March 22 2012 14:47 GMT
#201
Sc2 chat channels are fine for d3. I have sc2 join teamliquid chat channel and startup and it matches anything bw and d2 bnet could offer and then some.
GodZo
Profile Joined November 2011
Italy224 Posts
March 22 2012 17:09 GMT
#202
On March 22 2012 23:39 Animzor wrote:
What I find annoying is when Blizzard states shit like "we noticed that having chats in D2 was a problem, so we wont have them anymore" but there's never any good reasoning behind their statements.


I agree.
프로토스, Yellow, GdZ
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
March 22 2012 17:29 GMT
#203
On March 22 2012 23:47 xavra41 wrote:
Sc2 chat channels are fine for d3. I have sc2 join teamliquid chat channel and startup and it matches anything bw and d2 bnet could offer and then some.

Except the current D3 chat channel support is much worse than SC2's. If you don't have beta access you could e.g. read what I posted yesterday regarding the current D3 chat channel features in "UI still sub-par 2 years later. Why don't we care?" thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308482&currentpage=79#1572
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 17:55:48
March 22 2012 17:44 GMT
#204
On March 22 2012 23:39 Animzor wrote:
What I find annoying is when Blizzard states shit like "we noticed that having chats in D2 was a problem, so we wont have them anymore" but there's never any good reasoning behind their statements.

I think it's more likely that they wanted to cut the chat channels as their current implementation is not commercial quality and they don't have development resources to improve chat features before launch (development resources available are assigned to something more critical).

Originally Bashiok stated that there were chat channel implementation already in September 2011. Early this year their statement changed to that there is no chat channel implementation or plans for it. After community pressure they suddenly 'remembered' that they had implementation for chat channels already done and integrated it into beta.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
March 22 2012 17:55 GMT
#205
I'm a bit baffled by blizzard stance on things like this. Personally it's not a game breaker but it's just weird how they see this issu.
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 22 2012 18:27 GMT
#206
Honestly I hope not. Bnet 2.0 is HORRID.
Life's good :D
jonesthemad
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany11 Posts
March 22 2012 18:47 GMT
#207
I think you wont be able to create named games like in d2 (every b.net 1 game). And that is huge for me. I think it was most important for d2 then wc3 or bw.
the device has been modified ( •_•)...........( •_•)>⌐■-■.......... (⌐■_■)
dudecrush
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada418 Posts
March 22 2012 18:51 GMT
#208
My desire to buy Diablo III has been steadily going down thanks to the disaster that is BNet 0.2. I'm honestly sitting on the fence on ordering it or not.
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
March 22 2012 18:59 GMT
#209
I think I might just end up pirating a blizzard game for the first time in my life, probably won't notice much difference between it and their 'online' version anyway.
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
xavra41
Profile Joined January 2012
United States220 Posts
March 22 2012 19:00 GMT
#210
On March 23 2012 02:29 korona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 23:47 xavra41 wrote:
Sc2 chat channels are fine for d3. I have sc2 join teamliquid chat channel and startup and it matches anything bw and d2 bnet could offer and then some.

Except the current D3 chat channel support is much worse than SC2's. If you don't have beta access you could e.g. read what I posted yesterday regarding the current D3 chat channel features in "UI still sub-par 2 years later. Why don't we care?" thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308482&currentpage=79#1572

Oh I didn't know that because i have played the beta and it looked the same to me but I didn't use it. They did have trade channels if i remember which would solve his problem. You gotta meet blizz half way and try to make it work imo
tenacity
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1587 Posts
March 22 2012 19:21 GMT
#211
I hate the fact that your account and the chars within are absolutely transparent for everyone else. (equipment, levels, how many etc) WTF man T_T;
It does not need to be fun to be fun.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
March 22 2012 19:24 GMT
#212
On March 23 2012 03:59 Roflhaxx wrote:
I think I might just end up pirating a blizzard game for the first time in my life, probably won't notice much difference between it and their 'online' version anyway.

You probably won't miss much if anything since it's a single player game with an multiplayer option
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Nile505
Profile Joined August 2010
United States26 Posts
March 22 2012 19:56 GMT
#213
Im glad there getting us a BETTER core game cuz of this. I dont need these features right away and the game really just needs to be played, now. It will be a little lonely but with the way they implemented chat channels in sc2 didnt change things. We need a d2 type chat experience. One with our charasters are in the bottom so we can feel represented in chat properly. think that system is gonna happen in the future. So im glad to see it implemented in future and not be out on release. It just takes more TIME! F that. Bliz knows what there doing we, obviously, LOVE starcraft and they made that game too!
"An eye for an eye makes the world blind." Ghandi.
ibreakurface
Profile Joined June 2010
United States664 Posts
March 22 2012 20:05 GMT
#214
One of the best parts of BW, WC3 and TFT were the chat rooms and clan chats. I find playing sc2 is like playing single player because all I do is play with randoms, so they might as well be computers. They need to bring the social aspect back D:
:) I play zerg. FOX AND KT ROLSTER COASTER FAN! Because I love everyone. Except bisu.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
March 22 2012 20:06 GMT
#215
Pretty sad, given how the reception to 0.2 has been. Its been like 2 years...
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Maggost
Profile Joined August 2011
Venezuela296 Posts
March 22 2012 20:24 GMT
#216
So the social system will be like Starcraft 2, i really like how it works in the game. Let's see in D3 how will work.
Quote
Iwbhs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States195 Posts
March 22 2012 20:34 GMT
#217
Please responod http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4246994819 here. So that blizzard is aware of this issue.
Everyone loves Milano cookies.
beeDuck
Profile Joined January 2011
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 20:45:54
March 22 2012 20:41 GMT
#218
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the social aspects in a game are just as bad as out of game in Diablo 3. I've found that most players don't talk in game. But, with the new in game chat system being a little chat box, it's nearly impossible to read what another player says when they do talk. The little chat box gets spammed so fast with game dialogue / check point information / level up info that you barely get a chance to see what they said.

Here's an example where I scrolled up a bit so you could see what I said right before the spam began...
[image loading]

Reading things in that chat box during game play is ridiculous and personally I miss the Diablo 2 in game chat.
Maggost
Profile Joined August 2011
Venezuela296 Posts
March 22 2012 20:46 GMT
#219
On March 23 2012 05:41 beeDuck wrote:Here's an example where I scrolled up a bit so you could see what I said right before the spam began...
[image loading]

Reading things in that chat box during game play is ridiculous.


I though it will be like SC2, but that screenshot looks like a WoW chat
Quote
beeDuck
Profile Joined January 2011
United States19 Posts
March 22 2012 21:09 GMT
#220
On March 23 2012 05:46 Maggost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 05:41 beeDuck wrote:Here's an example where I scrolled up a bit so you could see what I said right before the spam began...
[image loading]

Reading things in that chat box during game play is ridiculous.


I though it will be like SC2, but that screenshot looks like a WoW chat


Yeah... as of right now you can't even customize it. It's stuck at that size with every word said in game shoved there.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft492
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft479
RuFF_SC2 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1071
White-Ra 152
NaDa 58
Hyuk 55
Noble 54
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox608
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor741
Other Games
summit1g7055
Coldzera 865
C9.Mang0307
ViBE61
Mew2King55
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21526
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 30m
Online Event
9h 30m
FEL
14h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.