• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:04
CEST 13:04
KST 20:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11710 users

D3 Bnet is going the same way as SC2 - Page 13

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next All
MrTortoise
Profile Joined January 2011
1388 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 11:46:11
March 23 2012 11:41 GMT
#241
On February 07 2012 11:29 nvs. wrote:
Blizzard keeps seeming less and less like the company I remember growing up.


Well it isn't and your not as naive and have standards now


edit ps +1
TossFloss *
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada606 Posts
March 25 2012 21:16 GMT
#242
On March 23 2012 08:18 KiLL_ORdeR wrote:
I don't understand what they're so afraid of with chat channels in B.Net.

From what I see, blizzard gamers and the communities in general are the best of any gaming community in terms of maturity and constructive talking. Even the B.Net general forums, despite what many people on TL may say, are several steps above any other gaming forum i've seen.

The community as a whole is asking for open chat channels. I haven't met a single gamer who says otherwise. Just give them to us! Or give us an extraordinarily articulate reason as to why "[we] really don't want them."

If D3 B.Net is not noticeably improved from what it is in SC2, I really don't see myself playing D3 very long after release. Social is everything in online gaming, and, through their actions, Blizzard is actively trying to fail it's customers and community.


Done for entirely economic reasons. They probably crunched the numbers and figured they'd they'd save millions in sever costs by cutting chat. As I see it, Act/Blizzard is milking their brands for everything their worth over the short term. I doubt the brand will command as much resepct in 10 years.
TL Android App Open Source http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=265090
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
March 25 2012 22:27 GMT
#243
There is no way chat channels would cost them that much.
Kevin_Sorbo
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada3217 Posts
March 25 2012 23:04 GMT
#244
Yeah but i feel though that if the bnet is the same as Sc2 is now, if you dont have any homies online, d3 might make you feel lonely.

Doesnt matter too much in SC2 since you basically hit the find match button and are all set...
The mind is like a parachute, it doesnt work unless its open. - Zappa
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
March 26 2012 00:43 GMT
#245
Wtf.....I wasent even that mad about no lan/clan/chat channels when ppl were bitching about that in sc2. But d3 is a completely social game. Holy fuck how dumb can they possible be. A big reason sc2 isnt that popular is because u feel like ur the only god damn person online somtimes lol. Wow this is just so dumb
Rumpus
Profile Joined August 2011
United States136 Posts
March 26 2012 01:24 GMT
#246
Man, I have played the Diablo 3 beta and I didn't really know anyone else that did so I sort of said I'd shrug off the social aspects until launch. But after reading this, and going through it myself....I don't think so Blizzard.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

Certainly won't be getting Diablo if this is the crap we'll have to deal with. Already went through this issue with Starcraft 2, and still going through it =/.

For those who don't understand, the social aspect is insanely important to a game like this. How would I find people to trade/group with and actually do some friendly banter and so forth? I don't want to have to go through TL or the Diablo 3 forums, swap friend codes and start getting people together every time I want to meet or play with someone. That is ridiculous.
Grammin'
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
March 26 2012 02:53 GMT
#247
On March 26 2012 10:24 Rumpus wrote:
Man, I have played the Diablo 3 beta and I didn't really know anyone else that did so I sort of said I'd shrug off the social aspects until launch. But after reading this, and going through it myself....I don't think so Blizzard.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

Certainly won't be getting Diablo if this is the crap we'll have to deal with. Already went through this issue with Starcraft 2, and still going through it =/.

For those who don't understand, the social aspect is insanely important to a game like this. How would I find people to trade/group with and actually do some friendly banter and so forth? I don't want to have to go through TL or the Diablo 3 forums, swap friend codes and start getting people together every time I want to meet or play with someone. That is ridiculous.


They dont want you to trade, they want you to use RMAH to sell/buy your items

Seriously I'm not sure why they are making this with SC2 and now D3... it makes almost no sense. This is easy to do and I don't see the economic problem for them (direct or inderect costs).
The cost is very small for chats and the benefit in terms of clientele satisfaction is probably worth this small cost.

Really I just don't know. I'll still play since I have many friends that will play it, but I agree it is a shame and for this one thing (compared to RMAH) they cannot justify why they dont do it, my bet is a shameful reason that they purposely hide from the public.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
Rolz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States9 Posts
March 26 2012 05:38 GMT
#248
Annnnnnnnd this is why I won't buy D3 until they add some more/better features in. No PvP or chat channels, these were seriously what kept me hooking on D2.
kcbgoku
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland156 Posts
March 26 2012 06:50 GMT
#249
It's really sad for me that games I loved are kind of moving forward, but in reality they take a big step backward. Technology is getting better and better and in games we can see that especially with graphics, but useful features are just disappearing from games. No chat, no dedicated servers, no lan, no customization, no sharing replay (I'm not talking just about blizzard games). All of those are easy to implement and better for players. How do I know that? They've been in games for years and worked perfectly. Their lack is taking away from everyones experience and gives, 0? advantages over "the old stuff".

I'm putting ? next to the 0 because I just don't see them. Does anyone?
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
March 26 2012 07:27 GMT
#250
Of all features of d2 chat channels was the most useless for me to a point of being annoying and irritating. It was a place were teen players were bitching about stuff using more abbreviations than words and were spam bots made any activity a hell. I praise blizzard for kicking open chat channels out. They were discouraging.
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
March 26 2012 08:03 GMT
#251
On March 26 2012 16:27 nimdil wrote:
Of all features of d2 chat channels was the most useless for me to a point of being annoying and irritating. It was a place were teen players were bitching about stuff using more abbreviations than words and were spam bots made any activity a hell. I praise blizzard for kicking open chat channels out. They were discouraging.

you dont have to join them..................
and its not like bots cannot be prevented by blizzard.

i dislike the direction blizzard is taking with new games. why would they change stuff that was awesome in the old games?!
FTD
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
March 26 2012 08:29 GMT
#252
On March 26 2012 17:03 TRAP[yoo] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 16:27 nimdil wrote:
Of all features of d2 chat channels was the most useless for me to a point of being annoying and irritating. It was a place were teen players were bitching about stuff using more abbreviations than words and were spam bots made any activity a hell. I praise blizzard for kicking open chat channels out. They were discouraging.

you dont have to join them..................
and its not like bots cannot be prevented by blizzard.

Fighting bots is an endless fight - one that requires constant work = cost.
Plus the open chat made the whole D2 design "dirty" imho.
I can't really understand why you can't use chat outside the game in various D3 communities which - no doubt here - appear on the internet?
Plus nobody is complaining there is no central "facebook" chat. I can't imagine why D3 should have one.
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
March 26 2012 09:59 GMT
#253
On March 26 2012 17:03 TRAP[yoo] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 16:27 nimdil wrote:
Of all features of d2 chat channels was the most useless for me to a point of being annoying and irritating. It was a place were teen players were bitching about stuff using more abbreviations than words and were spam bots made any activity a hell. I praise blizzard for kicking open chat channels out. They were discouraging.

you dont have to join them..................
and its not like bots cannot be prevented by blizzard.

i dislike the direction blizzard is taking with new games. why would they change stuff that was awesome in the old games?!



Because a lot of modern day games do not have great synergy with old school mechanics (like ui's.) Also, the old school games are looked upon with rose tinted glasses. With a nostalgia look, us being younger, etc. sort of influence our perspective. Which is why Diablo II chat channels were nice and all, but they became very mundane and not really that spectacular. With the current mechanics in the game (how we view other people's characters, our own, party members), it would be a lot of the exact same.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
March 26 2012 10:31 GMT
#254

I recently got into the Dota 2 beta, and I was totally blown away by what I saw, it was amazing. Everything you wanted was in one screen and presented in a very nice way. Chat channels, personal skill level, friends, game selection,stats etc.

And whats more they also promote the e-sport aspect of it by constantly tellling you what matches are on, and which pro's are playing. it was really well done(it does have a lot of bugs currently, but it's beta for a reason).

After a while I realized that it was basically the war3 interface with some nice tweaks. Going back to sc2,I realized how much more they could've done to the ui. You can even watch whole pro-matches from the dota 2 game. I think they made a mistake in using a console UI designer. It's a little bit sad to see because it is blizzards original design made better, while blizzards current designs going backwards.

MrTortoise
Profile Joined January 2011
1388 Posts
March 26 2012 11:01 GMT
#255
On March 26 2012 10:24 Rumpus wrote:
Man, I have played the Diablo 3 beta and I didn't really know anyone else that did so I sort of said I'd shrug off the social aspects until launch. But after reading this, and going through it myself....I don't think so Blizzard.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

Certainly won't be getting Diablo if this is the crap we'll have to deal with. Already went through this issue with Starcraft 2, and still going through it =/.

For those who don't understand, the social aspect is insanely important to a game like this. How would I find people to trade/group with and actually do some friendly banter and so forth? I don't want to have to go through TL or the Diablo 3 forums, swap friend codes and start getting people together every time I want to meet or play with someone. That is ridiculous.



Actually fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

No shame in being conned once.

nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
March 26 2012 15:01 GMT
#256
On March 26 2012 20:01 MrTortoise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 10:24 Rumpus wrote:
Man, I have played the Diablo 3 beta and I didn't really know anyone else that did so I sort of said I'd shrug off the social aspects until launch. But after reading this, and going through it myself....I don't think so Blizzard.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

Certainly won't be getting Diablo if this is the crap we'll have to deal with. Already went through this issue with Starcraft 2, and still going through it =/.

For those who don't understand, the social aspect is insanely important to a game like this. How would I find people to trade/group with and actually do some friendly banter and so forth? I don't want to have to go through TL or the Diablo 3 forums, swap friend codes and start getting people together every time I want to meet or play with someone. That is ridiculous.



Actually fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

No shame in being conned once.


Can someone explain me what's wrong with social aspects of Starcraft 2, because I'm not getting it?
DawN883
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden558 Posts
March 26 2012 15:19 GMT
#257
It is sad that Bnet takes the wrong direction. luckily I already have a lot of friends that will be playing the game togheter with me but for people that doesn't have any d3 friends before it is released is going to have to use some website to find friends to play with
If the dead are not raised, Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die
Copymizer
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark2108 Posts
March 26 2012 16:02 GMT
#258
On March 26 2012 19:31 dartoo wrote:

I recently got into the Dota 2 beta, and I was totally blown away by what I saw, it was amazing. Everything you wanted was in one screen and presented in a very nice way. Chat channels, personal skill level, friends, game selection,stats etc.

And whats more they also promote the e-sport aspect of it by constantly tellling you what matches are on, and which pro's are playing. it was really well done(it does have a lot of bugs currently, but it's beta for a reason).

After a while I realized that it was basically the war3 interface with some nice tweaks. Going back to sc2,I realized how much more they could've done to the ui. You can even watch whole pro-matches from the dota 2 game. I think they made a mistake in using a console UI designer. It's a little bit sad to see because it is blizzards original design made better, while blizzards current designs going backwards.


Same here. Dota2 interface is what sc2 should've had
~~Yo man ! MBCGame HERO Fighting !! Holy check !
CosmicHippo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States547 Posts
March 26 2012 16:39 GMT
#259
They should just use the same format as Starcraft 1's b.net and just write Diablo 3 at the top in paint.
Yeah i've got your zerg riiiight here! *gulps beer*
Okiesmokie
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada379 Posts
March 26 2012 17:25 GMT
#260
I feel like none of you people even played Diablo 2 in its prime. You say you want chat channels so you can trade items? Obviously you don't remember the 30+ spam bots per item trade channel making it literally impossible to sell/buy anything at all. Just use d2jsp like every other serious player.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings99
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko188
ProTech132
SHIN 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1206
Mind 975
Shuttle 887
Bisu 761
Larva 608
Mini 173
EffOrt 121
Soma 121
Leta 105
Last 97
[ Show more ]
Britney 94
Zeus 90
Hyun 79
ZerO 62
Pusan 59
Sexy 49
sorry 43
PianO 41
Trap 40
Hm[arnc] 39
Killer 33
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 18
hero 13
yabsab 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 8
JulyZerg 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe621
XaKoH 459
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1439
Other Games
gofns34610
singsing2272
crisheroes293
B2W.Neo252
OGKoka 201
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS71
Livibee54
ZerO(Twitch)5
DeMusliM2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream181
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• Gemini_19 23
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8444
League of Legends
• Jankos1416
• Stunt848
Other Games
• WagamamaTV9
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 56m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.