• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:43
CEST 07:43
KST 14:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7655 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 876

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 874 875 876 877 878 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 26 2014 15:11 GMT
#17501
On October 27 2014 00:07 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:03 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:56 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Which is quite logical. But yeah, I don't trust aligulac at all when it comes to AM/EU based players (especially Koreans who win a lot there) against KR based players.

Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

Yeah, I do feel like KR needs either a second tournament, or some points given to PL (but not a huge amount). Otherwise like you said, we'd get a few but not many top-tier Koreans showing up, and just have them crush through the foreigners who would inevitably qualify.

It will depend on the visa policies Blizzard adopts though. We may also see EU being just like this year with TRUE/Rain/FanTa added and Mvp/San deleted, and AM being mostly like EU with Polt, Violet, SuNo, hydra and some other Koreans that ROOT will manage to afford taking up all the spots for BlizzCon. We may also see EU having ForGG + 4 europeans and AM having Polt, Violet and two or three muricans.

I reckon that EU would have StarDust and MC though. Maybe ForGG?

I guess as long as the EU players are good, and same with the Muricans, I wouldn't complain about Blizzcon; but I"m most likely not even gonna hype next year's, unless there's a good reason to.

Aeromi said in the Post SPL Shuffle Thread that Blizzard might use a visa policy that would prevent 95% of the EU Koreans to participate next year, ForGG not being one of them. I don't know about MC and the GEM players, but I'm not sure that would work out well for them ; and I don't know either for the mYi players. I would be really sad if mYi's entire recruitment policy was shut down by Blizzard's decision, they have made some awesome moves picking up SD, jjakji and Sacsri and their Koreans are becoming true "foreign" Koreans Polt-style, speaking English and all
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 15:12 GMT
#17502
On October 27 2014 00:10 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:03 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:56 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Which is quite logical. But yeah, I don't trust aligulac at all when it comes to AM/EU based players (especially Koreans who win a lot there) against KR based players.

Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

Yeah, I do feel like KR needs either a second tournament, or some points given to PL (but not a huge amount). Otherwise like you said, we'd get a few but not many top-tier Koreans showing up, and just have them crush through the foreigners who would inevitably qualify.

It will depend on the visa policies Blizzard adopts though. We may also see EU being just like this year with TRUE/Rain/FanTa added and Mvp/San deleted, and AM being mostly like EU with Polt, Violet, SuNo, hydra and some other Koreans that ROOT will manage to afford taking up all the spots for BlizzCon. We may also see EU having ForGG + 4 europeans and AM having Polt, Violet and two or three muricans.

But I think the point remains that (even this year) there needs to be more points available for the BEST players in the world who chose to stay home and practice instead of moving around the world and chase tournaments.

Have they released the numbers on how many points will be awarded on tournaments yet? Maybe they're looking into that and will implement something like WCS being worth a LOT more than any other tournament, so that doing well in GSL consistently matters more than chasing a billion small tournaments (kinda like what JD and Snute did).
kiss kiss fall in love
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 26 2014 15:16 GMT
#17503
On October 27 2014 00:10 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:03 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:56 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Which is quite logical. But yeah, I don't trust aligulac at all when it comes to AM/EU based players (especially Koreans who win a lot there) against KR based players.

Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

Yeah, I do feel like KR needs either a second tournament, or some points given to PL (but not a huge amount). Otherwise like you said, we'd get a few but not many top-tier Koreans showing up, and just have them crush through the foreigners who would inevitably qualify.

It will depend on the visa policies Blizzard adopts though. We may also see EU being just like this year with TRUE/Rain/FanTa added and Mvp/San deleted, and AM being mostly like EU with Polt, Violet, SuNo, hydra and some other Koreans that ROOT will manage to afford taking up all the spots for BlizzCon. We may also see EU having ForGG + 4 europeans and AM having Polt, Violet and two or three muricans.

But I think the point remains that (even this year) there needs to be more points available for the BEST players in the world who chose to stay home and practice instead of moving around the world and chase tournaments.

Yeah obviously KR needs more tournaments. But they aren't going to come out of nowhere, and I fear PL points won't do a big difference. I mean, you don't want to have a player doing good only in PL getting his ticket to BlizzCon while having shitty results in GSL, but on the other hand you don't want PL points to be useless. It will be hard to balance imo. Although it would have given us sOs and Maru at BlizzCon instead of JD and INno, so it would have been good
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-26 15:28:02
October 26 2014 15:18 GMT
#17504
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:20 OtherWorld wrote:
The main problem with Aligulac is when comparing players from different regions. Else it's pretty accurate when the players all have the same data pool.


Which is quite logical. But yeah, I don't trust aligulac at all when it comes to AM/EU based players (especially Koreans who win a lot there) against KR based players.

Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 26 2014 15:20 GMT
#17505
On October 27 2014 00:18 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:20 OtherWorld wrote:
The main problem with Aligulac is when comparing players from different regions. Else it's pretty accurate when the players all have the same data pool.


Which is quite logical. But yeah, I don't trust aligulac at all when it comes to AM/EU based players (especially Koreans who win a lot there) against KR based players.

Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
#IMadeThis

Stop turning posts with any amount of effort put into them into OC posts
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 26 2014 15:22 GMT
#17506
Hmm so basically WCS Regionals don't award WCS points? Only the season finals do? But then isn't it unfair towards all the Koreans who play in GSL and go out in the Ro8 or before?
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 15:22 GMT
#17507
On October 27 2014 00:20 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:20 OtherWorld wrote:
The main problem with Aligulac is when comparing players from different regions. Else it's pretty accurate when the players all have the same data pool.


Which is quite logical. But yeah, I don't trust aligulac at all when it comes to AM/EU based players (especially Koreans who win a lot there) against KR based players.

Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
#IMadeThis

Stop turning posts with any amount of effort put into them into OC posts

Petition to remove Sakat from the Passionboard. That's about as high of a punishment as we can bestow on this thread anyway.
kiss kiss fall in love
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-26 15:31:23
October 26 2014 15:28 GMT
#17508
On October 27 2014 00:22 OtherWorld wrote:
Hmm so basically WCS Regionals don't award WCS points? Only the season finals do? But then isn't it unfair towards all the Koreans who play in GSL and go out in the Ro8 or before?

They would award points, but so would the season finals. It's just that I find it unfair for players like JD that never got past the round of 16 to get to blizzcon by just traveling. Season finals would award more points to the best
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 26 2014 15:29 GMT
#17509
On October 27 2014 00:20 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:20 OtherWorld wrote:
The main problem with Aligulac is when comparing players from different regions. Else it's pretty accurate when the players all have the same data pool.


Which is quite logical. But yeah, I don't trust aligulac at all when it comes to AM/EU based players (especially Koreans who win a lot there) against KR based players.

Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
#IMadeThis

Stop turning posts with any amount of effort put into them into OC posts

hashtag removed
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 26 2014 15:29 GMT
#17510
On October 27 2014 00:22 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:20 The_Templar wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Which is quite logical. But yeah, I don't trust aligulac at all when it comes to AM/EU based players (especially Koreans who win a lot there) against KR based players.

Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
#IMadeThis

Stop turning posts with any amount of effort put into them into OC posts

Petition to remove Sakat from the Passionboard. That's about as high of a punishment as we can bestow on this thread anyway.

Removing someone from the Passionboard is something serious. It shouldn't be done lightly
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 15:29 GMT
#17511
On October 27 2014 00:29 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:22 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:20 The_Templar wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
[quote]
Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
#IMadeThis

Stop turning posts with any amount of effort put into them into OC posts

Petition to remove Sakat from the Passionboard. That's about as high of a punishment as we can bestow on this thread anyway.

Removing someone from the Passionboard is something serious. It shouldn't be done lightly

I'm well aware of what I'm getting us into.
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 26 2014 15:29 GMT
#17512
On October 27 2014 00:29 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:22 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:20 The_Templar wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
[quote]
Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
#IMadeThis

Stop turning posts with any amount of effort put into them into OC posts

Petition to remove Sakat from the Passionboard. That's about as high of a punishment as we can bestow on this thread anyway.

Removing someone from the Passionboard is something serious. It shouldn't be done lightly

Remember when shellshock edited like 150 images into a few of his posts and took first place?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
October 26 2014 15:30 GMT
#17513
frankly I don't mind WCS just not being the tournament of highest skill level in the world, though if it doesn't have the absolute best players, then that's kinda unfortunate (we were close to missing soo and innovation this year)
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 15:30 GMT
#17514
On October 27 2014 00:29 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:29 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:22 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:20 The_Templar wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
#IMadeThis

Stop turning posts with any amount of effort put into them into OC posts

Petition to remove Sakat from the Passionboard. That's about as high of a punishment as we can bestow on this thread anyway.

Removing someone from the Passionboard is something serious. It shouldn't be done lightly

Remember when shellshock edited like 150 images into a few of his posts and took first place?

He got rid of them when we exposed his behaviour though, so I guess there's that. :D
kiss kiss fall in love
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-26 15:32:19
October 26 2014 15:30 GMT
#17515
On October 27 2014 00:22 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:20 The_Templar wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Which is quite logical. But yeah, I don't trust aligulac at all when it comes to AM/EU based players (especially Koreans who win a lot there) against KR based players.

Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
#IMadeThis

Stop turning posts with any amount of effort put into them into OC posts

Petition to remove Sakat from the Passionboard. That's about as high of a punishment as we can bestow on this thread anyway.

Seconded if he doesn't remove some hashtags asap!

Also, sorry but I'm a bit distracted and couldn't really follow the suggestion

I think I'm going to step away from the computer and close my eyes for a while...
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
October 26 2014 15:36 GMT
#17516
On October 27 2014 00:30 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:22 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:20 The_Templar wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
[quote]
Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
#IMadeThis

Stop turning posts with any amount of effort put into them into OC posts

Petition to remove Sakat from the Passionboard. That's about as high of a punishment as we can bestow on this thread anyway.

Seconded if he doesn't remove some hashtags asap!

Also, sorry but I'm a bit distracted and couldn't really follow the suggestion

I think I'm going to step away from the computer and close my eyes for a while...

Dat passion.
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
October 26 2014 15:40 GMT
#17517
On October 27 2014 00:22 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 00:20 The_Templar wrote:
On October 27 2014 00:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:54 y0su wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:43 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:42 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:37 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:28 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:22 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Which is quite logical. But yeah, I don't trust aligulac at all when it comes to AM/EU based players (especially Koreans who win a lot there) against KR based players.

Some of the players on Aligulac are really rated too high...
Jjakji, Sascri, Yoda?


And a lot of Koreans are rated too low. But it's really hard to know how to adjust Korean ratings to deal with the fact a lot of them are very good but play very few games and lose a lot because they play against Dear or Solar in qualifiers while Sacsri/jjakji/YoDa win a lot of points against low GM EU/AM players.

Exactly my point.
sacsri gets more points because he beats Demuslim, Miniraser, Showtime, but for instance, soO is rated lower because he fights herO, Zest, Solar, Rain??

you know what would help correct things a little bit?
season finals :b

I was talking about that all day yesterday

It's just a shame that season finals took away from winning a region... I also imagine they were terribly expensive. Maybe if there was something like two long seasons and then a "grand final" twice a year (Blizzcon being one of them) it could have more hype and work out well...

Then again, I think this year worked out quite well as far as WCS itself is concerned. What I would have liked was more points in Korea and/or less points awarded for all the other "tier" tournaments.

Next year again will be interesting because of the region lock... I really hope there's a way for Koreans to earn more points. I'm going to be much less hyped if Blizzcon 2015 is 5 top tier Koreans, 5 mid tier Koreans that can afford to travel and 6 foreigners...

I'm not saying each ro16 game this year looks like an amazing match, but most of the matches have potential to be very exciting!

How about this for a solution for WCS (instead of the region lock, which I think i sa bad idea):
You have regional competitions, where you invite all ro.4 finishers to a season final... than, at the season final, you have 2 6 player round robin groups to determine seeds for a 12 player double elimination bracket awarding huge amounts of points? So, the goal of the whole season is to qualify for the season final. You can have AM and EU regional competitions starting with the ro64 divided into 4 brackets of 16 players each, and the bracket winners go to a season final. (quite frankly winning WCS AM or EU is never going to be as difficult as winning a GSL, so you can keep the GSL the same, but the semis and grand finals do not award WCS points since the season finals would award the points to balance everything out)
I think region lock is just going to result in many great Korean players retiring and we wouldn't have such great competition at Blizzcon.
This seems to me like a better system at first glance. Thoughts?
#IMadeThis

Stop turning posts with any amount of effort put into them into OC posts

Petition to remove Sakat from the Passionboard. That's about as high of a punishment as we can bestow on this thread anyway.

I agree
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
October 26 2014 15:40 GMT
#17518
relevant to the regional discussion, vortix did quite well for himself in the against the odds tournament today
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 15:41 GMT
#17519
On October 27 2014 00:40 dangthatsright wrote:
relevant to the regional discussion, vortix did quite well for himself in the against the odds tournament today

He also won the Vasacast thing as well, which is really impressive. Shame he fell to Jjakji 0-3 afterwards in the WCS, but that's the nature of StarCraft. Win some, lose some.
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 26 2014 15:43 GMT
#17520
Representing team TaeJa...

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Prev 1 874 875 876 877 878 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
ProTech133
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20764
Dewaltoss 119
Mong 104
Bale 40
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 745
Other Games
summit1g11417
Sick186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick913
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2166
League of Legends
• Lourlo1191
• Rush1049
• Stunt111
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 17m
Replay Cast
17h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.