• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:42
CEST 17:42
KST 00:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9837 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 874

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 872 873 874 875 876 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 14:08 GMT
#17461
On October 26 2014 23:05 The_Templar wrote:
Either herO's article is about to be released or something has gone wrong somewhere!

Maybe there's a hole in the release schedule so that Zealousy will give us the winner of the fanfic contest!
kiss kiss fall in love
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 14:08 GMT
#17462
On October 26 2014 23:07 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:04 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:01 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:00 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:59 The_Templar wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:46 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 20:07 y0su wrote:
Unfortunately I can't do better on my phone but I thought it would be cool to calculate some passion per post!
Here is the top 10 from the most recent passion board
(rounded to whole numbers because... )
Average passion per post = 44
#1 41
#2 125
#3 30
#4 32
#5 33
#6 73
#7 29
#8 41
#9 54
#10 31

Only three of the top 10 are above the average!

Probably wouldn't be too hard to include in the script?

These statistics make me sad. Also saddening is that Cricketer's inevitably catching up to me.
Passion4ever is actually doing a good job though.

Subtract the amount given for a post (20) and it's even worse


Yeah really. I only generate ~10 passion on average for every post I ever make here.
If we get rid of pictures, it's probably a lot worse even still.


"slowly, but surely"

Number 4 just blazed through the list really quickly. I"m surprised that I was able to hold out as number 3 for as long as I did. But in the end, he'll catch up.


But that's not fair. Cricketer just spams

Well, his actual passion per post rating is higher than mine by 2, so I can't exactly judge him for "spamming" when clearly, I've done the exact same thing.
kiss kiss fall in love
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 26 2014 14:09 GMT
#17463
On October 26 2014 23:06 dangthatsright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 22:56 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:52 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:50 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:45 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:42 [PkF] Wire wrote:
You know I've got a very good rank in a lot of international rankings. For instance, 100% of my inhabitants can write and read ; 100% of my inhabitants have a PhD, which is a feat none other country can boast about. And I'm a very advanced country as far as ecology goes ; 0% of my inhabitants can drive so 100% of my inhabitants use public transport !

Seriously? That's a little hard to believe, if I'm honest.


Ha ha, thanks for telling me I look dumb ^^. But I really defended a maths PhD thesis two years ago. I would give you the link, but I have an embarrassing bet on this thread so I may do it only after San has lost

You have a bet on San? What is it?
Also I'm pretty sure your industry is inexistant. That's pretty bad if you ask me (;


Yeah, my industry is inexistant. I never won any olympic medal either.

Someone said that San would win the tournament against Jaedong or Stardust. I said that if that was to happen, I would become a pastor.

Ok, it's a safe bet then. I am too lazy to calculate the probability of this happening but I guess it's very very low

from aligulac,
8.80% chance of san making the finals
6.11% chance of stardust making the finals, 49.06% chance of san beating him in a bo7
4.27% chance of jaedong making the finals, 82.89% chance of san beating him in a bo7
this corresponds to about a 0.575% chance of you becoming a pastor
which is frankly higher than I expected

Yeah I would have something closer to 0.05%. It's still safe enough though
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 26 2014 14:09 GMT
#17464
On October 26 2014 23:08 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:05 The_Templar wrote:
Either herO's article is about to be released or something has gone wrong somewhere!

Maybe there's a hole in the release schedule so that Zealousy will give us the winner of the fanfic contest!

It's just that I went to jjakji's article and I can see herO's tarot card on my phone
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 26 2014 14:10 GMT
#17465
On October 26 2014 23:08 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:05 The_Templar wrote:
Either herO's article is about to be released or something has gone wrong somewhere!

Maybe there's a hole in the release schedule so that Zealousy will give us the winner of the fanfic contest!


Oh yeah, could revive the pashun !
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 14:10 GMT
#17466
On October 26 2014 23:09 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:06 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:56 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:52 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:50 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:45 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:42 [PkF] Wire wrote:
You know I've got a very good rank in a lot of international rankings. For instance, 100% of my inhabitants can write and read ; 100% of my inhabitants have a PhD, which is a feat none other country can boast about. And I'm a very advanced country as far as ecology goes ; 0% of my inhabitants can drive so 100% of my inhabitants use public transport !

Seriously? That's a little hard to believe, if I'm honest.


Ha ha, thanks for telling me I look dumb ^^. But I really defended a maths PhD thesis two years ago. I would give you the link, but I have an embarrassing bet on this thread so I may do it only after San has lost

You have a bet on San? What is it?
Also I'm pretty sure your industry is inexistant. That's pretty bad if you ask me (;


Yeah, my industry is inexistant. I never won any olympic medal either.

Someone said that San would win the tournament against Jaedong or Stardust. I said that if that was to happen, I would become a pastor.

Ok, it's a safe bet then. I am too lazy to calculate the probability of this happening but I guess it's very very low

from aligulac,
8.80% chance of san making the finals
6.11% chance of stardust making the finals, 49.06% chance of san beating him in a bo7
4.27% chance of jaedong making the finals, 82.89% chance of san beating him in a bo7
this corresponds to about a 0.575% chance of you becoming a pastor
which is frankly higher than I expected

Yeah I would have something closer to 0.05%. It's still safe enough though

I'm pretty surprised that JD's winning chances are like ~18% over San. Sure, he's had a bad year, but is it really THAT one-sided?
kiss kiss fall in love
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 14:11 GMT
#17467
On October 26 2014 23:10 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:08 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:05 The_Templar wrote:
Either herO's article is about to be released or something has gone wrong somewhere!

Maybe there's a hole in the release schedule so that Zealousy will give us the winner of the fanfic contest!


Oh yeah, could revive the pashun !

And it was mentioned that he'd release it when there's a hole in the Road to Blizzcon stuff, so maybe all the right pieces are in the right places.
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 26 2014 14:11 GMT
#17468
On October 26 2014 23:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:09 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:06 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:56 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:52 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:50 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:45 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:42 [PkF] Wire wrote:
You know I've got a very good rank in a lot of international rankings. For instance, 100% of my inhabitants can write and read ; 100% of my inhabitants have a PhD, which is a feat none other country can boast about. And I'm a very advanced country as far as ecology goes ; 0% of my inhabitants can drive so 100% of my inhabitants use public transport !

Seriously? That's a little hard to believe, if I'm honest.


Ha ha, thanks for telling me I look dumb ^^. But I really defended a maths PhD thesis two years ago. I would give you the link, but I have an embarrassing bet on this thread so I may do it only after San has lost

You have a bet on San? What is it?
Also I'm pretty sure your industry is inexistant. That's pretty bad if you ask me (;


Yeah, my industry is inexistant. I never won any olympic medal either.

Someone said that San would win the tournament against Jaedong or Stardust. I said that if that was to happen, I would become a pastor.

Ok, it's a safe bet then. I am too lazy to calculate the probability of this happening but I guess it's very very low

from aligulac,
8.80% chance of san making the finals
6.11% chance of stardust making the finals, 49.06% chance of san beating him in a bo7
4.27% chance of jaedong making the finals, 82.89% chance of san beating him in a bo7
this corresponds to about a 0.575% chance of you becoming a pastor
which is frankly higher than I expected

Yeah I would have something closer to 0.05%. It's still safe enough though

I'm pretty surprised that JD's winning chances are like ~18% over San. Sure, he's had a bad year, but is it really THAT one-sided?

San hasn't lost a PvZ series all year IIRC
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-26 14:13:03
October 26 2014 14:12 GMT
#17469
vs Life very recently no ?

Edit : indeed. BO3, but still : http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IEM_Season_IX_-_San_Jose/Asian_Final_Qualifier
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 14:12 GMT
#17470
On October 26 2014 23:11 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:09 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:06 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:56 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:52 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:50 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:45 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:42 [PkF] Wire wrote:
You know I've got a very good rank in a lot of international rankings. For instance, 100% of my inhabitants can write and read ; 100% of my inhabitants have a PhD, which is a feat none other country can boast about. And I'm a very advanced country as far as ecology goes ; 0% of my inhabitants can drive so 100% of my inhabitants use public transport !

Seriously? That's a little hard to believe, if I'm honest.


Ha ha, thanks for telling me I look dumb ^^. But I really defended a maths PhD thesis two years ago. I would give you the link, but I have an embarrassing bet on this thread so I may do it only after San has lost

You have a bet on San? What is it?
Also I'm pretty sure your industry is inexistant. That's pretty bad if you ask me (;


Yeah, my industry is inexistant. I never won any olympic medal either.

Someone said that San would win the tournament against Jaedong or Stardust. I said that if that was to happen, I would become a pastor.

Ok, it's a safe bet then. I am too lazy to calculate the probability of this happening but I guess it's very very low

from aligulac,
8.80% chance of san making the finals
6.11% chance of stardust making the finals, 49.06% chance of san beating him in a bo7
4.27% chance of jaedong making the finals, 82.89% chance of san beating him in a bo7
this corresponds to about a 0.575% chance of you becoming a pastor
which is frankly higher than I expected

Yeah I would have something closer to 0.05%. It's still safe enough though

I'm pretty surprised that JD's winning chances are like ~18% over San. Sure, he's had a bad year, but is it really THAT one-sided?

San hasn't lost a PvZ series all year IIRC

Well, that would make it a very one-sided affair.
I'm also a little amazed that such a bet could ever exist, but it is TL, and anything can happen.
kiss kiss fall in love
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 14:12 GMT
#17471
On October 26 2014 23:12 [PkF] Wire wrote:
vs Life very recently no ?

If that was true, I still wouldn't consider JD to be anywhere near the same class of player as Life. Not with how JD's 2014 has gone, anyway.
kiss kiss fall in love
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
October 26 2014 14:13 GMT
#17472
On October 26 2014 23:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:09 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:06 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:56 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:52 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:50 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:45 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:42 [PkF] Wire wrote:
You know I've got a very good rank in a lot of international rankings. For instance, 100% of my inhabitants can write and read ; 100% of my inhabitants have a PhD, which is a feat none other country can boast about. And I'm a very advanced country as far as ecology goes ; 0% of my inhabitants can drive so 100% of my inhabitants use public transport !

Seriously? That's a little hard to believe, if I'm honest.


Ha ha, thanks for telling me I look dumb ^^. But I really defended a maths PhD thesis two years ago. I would give you the link, but I have an embarrassing bet on this thread so I may do it only after San has lost

You have a bet on San? What is it?
Also I'm pretty sure your industry is inexistant. That's pretty bad if you ask me (;


Yeah, my industry is inexistant. I never won any olympic medal either.

Someone said that San would win the tournament against Jaedong or Stardust. I said that if that was to happen, I would become a pastor.

Ok, it's a safe bet then. I am too lazy to calculate the probability of this happening but I guess it's very very low

from aligulac,
8.80% chance of san making the finals
6.11% chance of stardust making the finals, 49.06% chance of san beating him in a bo7
4.27% chance of jaedong making the finals, 82.89% chance of san beating him in a bo7
this corresponds to about a 0.575% chance of you becoming a pastor
which is frankly higher than I expected

Yeah I would have something closer to 0.05%. It's still safe enough though

I'm pretty surprised that JD's winning chances are like ~18% over San. Sure, he's had a bad year, but is it really THAT one-sided?

I think it has more to do with san's pvz, but it's a pretty big statement coming out of aligulac, which seems to be more conservative than people most of the time
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 26 2014 14:13 GMT
#17473
San did get crushed by Life a few days ago, while Life got crushed by herO who didn't even play well. I don't even want to know San's level atm but I think he might be weaker than jjakji
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 26 2014 14:13 GMT
#17474
On October 26 2014 23:12 [PkF] Wire wrote:
vs Life very recently no ?

Edit : indeed. BO3, but still : http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IEM_Season_IX_-_San_Jose/Asian_Final_Qualifier

Ah, I just remember Shellshock saying that a week ago
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
October 26 2014 14:14 GMT
#17475
On October 26 2014 23:13 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:12 [PkF] Wire wrote:
vs Life very recently no ?

Edit : indeed. BO3, but still : http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IEM_Season_IX_-_San_Jose/Asian_Final_Qualifier

Ah, I just remember Shellshock saying that a week ago

the shellbot curse?
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 26 2014 14:14 GMT
#17476
On October 26 2014 23:13 dangthatsright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:09 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:06 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:56 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:52 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:50 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:45 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:42 [PkF] Wire wrote:
You know I've got a very good rank in a lot of international rankings. For instance, 100% of my inhabitants can write and read ; 100% of my inhabitants have a PhD, which is a feat none other country can boast about. And I'm a very advanced country as far as ecology goes ; 0% of my inhabitants can drive so 100% of my inhabitants use public transport !

Seriously? That's a little hard to believe, if I'm honest.


Ha ha, thanks for telling me I look dumb ^^. But I really defended a maths PhD thesis two years ago. I would give you the link, but I have an embarrassing bet on this thread so I may do it only after San has lost

You have a bet on San? What is it?
Also I'm pretty sure your industry is inexistant. That's pretty bad if you ask me (;


Yeah, my industry is inexistant. I never won any olympic medal either.

Someone said that San would win the tournament against Jaedong or Stardust. I said that if that was to happen, I would become a pastor.

Ok, it's a safe bet then. I am too lazy to calculate the probability of this happening but I guess it's very very low

from aligulac,
8.80% chance of san making the finals
6.11% chance of stardust making the finals, 49.06% chance of san beating him in a bo7
4.27% chance of jaedong making the finals, 82.89% chance of san beating him in a bo7
this corresponds to about a 0.575% chance of you becoming a pastor
which is frankly higher than I expected

Yeah I would have something closer to 0.05%. It's still safe enough though

I'm pretty surprised that JD's winning chances are like ~18% over San. Sure, he's had a bad year, but is it really THAT one-sided?

I think it has more to do with san's pvz, but it's a pretty big statement coming out of aligulac, which seems to be more conservative than people most of the time


Well, if I recall correctly aligulac has jjakji beating Zest, which is not what I'd call conservative even for a hardcore jjakji fan ^^
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 14:16 GMT
#17477
On October 26 2014 23:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:13 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:09 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:06 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:56 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:52 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:50 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:45 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]
Seriously? That's a little hard to believe, if I'm honest.


Ha ha, thanks for telling me I look dumb ^^. But I really defended a maths PhD thesis two years ago. I would give you the link, but I have an embarrassing bet on this thread so I may do it only after San has lost

You have a bet on San? What is it?
Also I'm pretty sure your industry is inexistant. That's pretty bad if you ask me (;


Yeah, my industry is inexistant. I never won any olympic medal either.

Someone said that San would win the tournament against Jaedong or Stardust. I said that if that was to happen, I would become a pastor.

Ok, it's a safe bet then. I am too lazy to calculate the probability of this happening but I guess it's very very low

from aligulac,
8.80% chance of san making the finals
6.11% chance of stardust making the finals, 49.06% chance of san beating him in a bo7
4.27% chance of jaedong making the finals, 82.89% chance of san beating him in a bo7
this corresponds to about a 0.575% chance of you becoming a pastor
which is frankly higher than I expected

Yeah I would have something closer to 0.05%. It's still safe enough though

I'm pretty surprised that JD's winning chances are like ~18% over San. Sure, he's had a bad year, but is it really THAT one-sided?

I think it has more to do with san's pvz, but it's a pretty big statement coming out of aligulac, which seems to be more conservative than people most of the time


Well, if I recall correctly aligulac has jjakji beating Zest, which is not what I'd call conservative even for a hardcore jjakji fan ^^

It might actually be true, but I don't think that they'd play together very much outside of Blizzcon, since Jjakji's in a different region and in a completely different setup.
kiss kiss fall in love
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 26 2014 14:19 GMT
#17478
On October 26 2014 23:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:13 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:09 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:06 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:56 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:52 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:50 [PkF] Wire wrote:
[quote]

Ha ha, thanks for telling me I look dumb ^^. But I really defended a maths PhD thesis two years ago. I would give you the link, but I have an embarrassing bet on this thread so I may do it only after San has lost

You have a bet on San? What is it?
Also I'm pretty sure your industry is inexistant. That's pretty bad if you ask me (;


Yeah, my industry is inexistant. I never won any olympic medal either.

Someone said that San would win the tournament against Jaedong or Stardust. I said that if that was to happen, I would become a pastor.

Ok, it's a safe bet then. I am too lazy to calculate the probability of this happening but I guess it's very very low

from aligulac,
8.80% chance of san making the finals
6.11% chance of stardust making the finals, 49.06% chance of san beating him in a bo7
4.27% chance of jaedong making the finals, 82.89% chance of san beating him in a bo7
this corresponds to about a 0.575% chance of you becoming a pastor
which is frankly higher than I expected

Yeah I would have something closer to 0.05%. It's still safe enough though

I'm pretty surprised that JD's winning chances are like ~18% over San. Sure, he's had a bad year, but is it really THAT one-sided?

I think it has more to do with san's pvz, but it's a pretty big statement coming out of aligulac, which seems to be more conservative than people most of the time


Well, if I recall correctly aligulac has jjakji beating Zest, which is not what I'd call conservative even for a hardcore jjakji fan ^^

It might actually be true, but I don't think that they'd play together very much outside of Blizzcon, since Jjakji's in a different region and in a completely different setup.


And I don't really think jjakji could take a game off Zest, even on Nimbus with Zest having a bad cold
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 26 2014 14:20 GMT
#17479
The main problem with Aligulac is when comparing players from different regions. Else it's pretty accurate when the players all have the same data pool.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 26 2014 14:20 GMT
#17480
On October 26 2014 23:19 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2014 23:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:14 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:13 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:10 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:09 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 23:06 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:56 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On October 26 2014 22:52 OtherWorld wrote:
[quote]
You have a bet on San? What is it?
Also I'm pretty sure your industry is inexistant. That's pretty bad if you ask me (;


Yeah, my industry is inexistant. I never won any olympic medal either.

Someone said that San would win the tournament against Jaedong or Stardust. I said that if that was to happen, I would become a pastor.

Ok, it's a safe bet then. I am too lazy to calculate the probability of this happening but I guess it's very very low

from aligulac,
8.80% chance of san making the finals
6.11% chance of stardust making the finals, 49.06% chance of san beating him in a bo7
4.27% chance of jaedong making the finals, 82.89% chance of san beating him in a bo7
this corresponds to about a 0.575% chance of you becoming a pastor
which is frankly higher than I expected

Yeah I would have something closer to 0.05%. It's still safe enough though

I'm pretty surprised that JD's winning chances are like ~18% over San. Sure, he's had a bad year, but is it really THAT one-sided?

I think it has more to do with san's pvz, but it's a pretty big statement coming out of aligulac, which seems to be more conservative than people most of the time


Well, if I recall correctly aligulac has jjakji beating Zest, which is not what I'd call conservative even for a hardcore jjakji fan ^^

It might actually be true, but I don't think that they'd play together very much outside of Blizzcon, since Jjakji's in a different region and in a completely different setup.


And I don't really think jjakji could take a game off Zest, even on Nimbus with Zest having a bad cold

Well, you never know. Weird things can happen in a Bo5/7.
kiss kiss fall in love
Prev 1 872 873 874 875 876 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem287
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 287
IndyStarCraft 96
Railgan 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 54766
Shuttle 4975
BeSt 708
Horang2 557
actioN 303
Larva 245
Sexy 193
ggaemo 187
Soma 143
Mind 116
[ Show more ]
Last 104
Zeus 74
Aegong 68
hero 58
Killer 55
Hyun 55
Sea.KH 46
ToSsGirL 34
Dewaltoss 26
Bale 22
PianO 22
Rock 16
NaDa 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5371
qojqva2937
Dendi1510
420jenkins484
Fuzer 139
Counter-Strike
fl0m3994
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1241
Liquid`Hasu804
MindelVK17
Other Games
singsing1542
B2W.Neo754
Beastyqt746
FrodaN604
Mlord480
byalli384
ArmadaUGS189
Hui .178
KnowMe134
QueenE81
Mew2King55
CosmosSc2 27
Chillindude26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick695
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 50
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3597
League of Legends
• Nemesis3119
Other Games
• WagamamaTV206
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 18m
Replay Cast
7h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.