• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:05
CEST 11:05
KST 18:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10168 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 4601

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 10093 Next
Read the rules in the OP before posting, please.

In order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a re-read to refresh your memory! The vast majority of you are contributing in a healthy way, keep it up!

NOTE: When providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion if it's not obvious.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments can result in a mod action.
biology]major
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2253 Posts
August 01 2016 01:02 GMT
#92001
On August 01 2016 09:52 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 08:57 biology]major wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:45 Nyxisto wrote:
Trump's completely chaotic course on anything goes pretty much against the Washington dogma of being predictable above anything else as far as foreign policy is concerned. I remember the kind of criticism Obama received for not following through on his 'red line'. Compared to this Trump is pure entropy. There's not even any point to argue about what he's potentially going to do because it's all conjecture.


Our foreign policy up to this point has been awful, and your country especially has seen the aftermath via refugee influx due to all of the power vacuums that the USA helped create. Isolationist conjecture is actually an improvement over what we have currently.

On a side note the EU needs to restrict immigration completely from a lot of the high risk countries in the middle east for Trump's immigration ban to be effective. Otherwise they will just abuse the open border policy of the EU before infiltrating the US. Either way this vetting process needs to be improved, and I am curious on how we can accomplish that. Just like the wall, Trump's ban on immigration at the moment is going to be marginally effective and more symbolic than anything. However I'd say it's at least the right direction.

The vetting process is in fact very thorough, and doesn't really need any changes. The problem with Syria is that, due it being an unstable war zone, you can't do the usual kind of vetting. You can't go check up on their claims, check in with their friends/neighbours, look through town records.

Yeah banning Syrian refugees is a given.
Question.?
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-01 01:03:19
August 01 2016 01:02 GMT
#92002
Actually the majority, almost all, of Syrian refugees to have made it to the US are women and children. The majority of Muslim immigrants who are not refugees tend to be very well educated compared to what Europe has seen.

The United States is a very difficult destination to get to.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
August 01 2016 01:20 GMT
#92003
On August 01 2016 09:05 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 08:24 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
How are people complaining of an offshore site 40 miles out in the ocean?

The deep waters off the coast of California could become home to the country’s largest offshore wind energy project and a test case for a technology that is still in its infancy.

The 765-megawatt project, proposed by Seattle-based Trident Winds, would sit about 25 miles off California’s central coast, near the town of Cambria. If built, it will be larger than the 630-megawatt London Array off the coast of Kent, – the world’s largest working offshore wind farm that began operating in 2013.

The Trident project, which could power more than 200,000 homes, reflects an interest by the US to embrace offshore wind energy as part of a broader strategy to develop low-carbon electricity sources. The country has no offshore wind farms, though a number of projects are in the research phase to determine their profitability. The very first project to come online in the US is under construction off the coast of Rhode Island: the 30-megawatt Block Island wind farm that is expected to begin operating later this year.

Offshore wind development already has taken off in Europe and other parts of the world. The UK, for example, has installed more than 5 gigawatts of offshore wind power plants, meeting 10% of its total energy demand.

“It’s just another very valuable resource that not only will be benefiting energy generation, but will create a new industry in the state of California,” says Alla Weinstein, CEO of Trident Winds.

Trident is proposing an unprecedented project in a state that has frowned on coastal energy development ever since a 1969 blowout at an offshore oil drilling platform near Santa Barbara, which released more than 3m gallons of crude oil into the waters. The resulting images of soiled beaches and oily seabirds were splashed around the world and helped launch the modern environmental movement.

Recent attempts to build machines to harness the power of ocean currents off the state’s coast also drowned in failure as they ran into technical and financial problems and protests from local communities.

California has some of the world’s toughest coastal development regulations. The state’s first large seawater desalination project, for example, took more than six years to win government approval and survived 14 lawsuits before construction started.


Source


Because wind turbines in the ocean are a complete unknown in terms of environmental impact. We simply don't know how the sound effects the marine life and what long term effects it will have on that ecosystem.


Well there's only one way to find out what the effects are... Surely it is safer for marine life than offshore oil drilling with the US does an insane amount of.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-01 01:35:12
August 01 2016 01:27 GMT
#92004
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:27 Velr wrote:
If you support trump and your reason isn' "i want to see the world burn" or among these lines your either not thinking and just vote for the d/r or you are retarded.

I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
August 01 2016 01:46 GMT
#92005
On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:27 Velr wrote:
If you support trump and your reason isn' "i want to see the world burn" or among these lines your either not thinking and just vote for the d/r or you are retarded.

I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.


Do you ever bother to read parent quotes when you decide to comment on things or just assume something stupid and post without context
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
August 01 2016 01:56 GMT
#92006
On August 01 2016 10:46 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:27 Velr wrote:
If you support trump and your reason isn' "i want to see the world burn" or among these lines your either not thinking and just vote for the d/r or you are retarded.

I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.


Do you ever bother to read parent quotes when you decide to comment on things or just assume something stupid and post without context

Perhaps you'd better explain how that context invalidates his post, because I am not seeing it.
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-01 02:01:48
August 01 2016 01:58 GMT
#92007
Impressed to ear that you guys are militaries ; I would never have the guts to do your job. Maybe when I was younger, now I have a wife and a cat and I am fully aware that I'm a pussy.

I'm not sure Hillary would drive the US in a real armed conflict anyway ; i think she learned the people don't want that anymore.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
August 01 2016 02:01 GMT
#92008
On August 01 2016 10:46 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:27 Velr wrote:
If you support trump and your reason isn' "i want to see the world burn" or among these lines your either not thinking and just vote for the d/r or you are retarded.

I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.


Do you ever bother to read parent quotes when you decide to comment on things or just assume something stupid and post without context


You explicitly stated that you did precisely what you were were implying you don't do; you're voting for a volatile candidate when you don't think you'll get burned (compared to the other candidate).

So you were either trying to create false authority by being one of the only ones here in the service or you were too stupid to think about what you were posting.

Get off your high horse. You don't post intelligently enough to talk with that tone.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
August 01 2016 02:07 GMT
#92009
On August 01 2016 11:01 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 10:46 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:27 Velr wrote:
If you support trump and your reason isn' "i want to see the world burn" or among these lines your either not thinking and just vote for the d/r or you are retarded.

I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.


Do you ever bother to read parent quotes when you decide to comment on things or just assume something stupid and post without context


You explicitly stated that you did precisely what you were were implying you don't do; you're voting for a volatile candidate when you don't think you'll get burned (compared to the other candidate).



I explicitly stated I find Clinton to be less dangerous than Trump.

This is anecdotal evidence to refute the implied generalization made by Plansix that people okay with voting for Trump are doing so because they stand to lose nothing if he boils over.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 01 2016 02:10 GMT
#92010
On August 01 2016 11:07 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 11:01 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:46 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:27 Velr wrote:
If you support trump and your reason isn' "i want to see the world burn" or among these lines your either not thinking and just vote for the d/r or you are retarded.

I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.


Do you ever bother to read parent quotes when you decide to comment on things or just assume something stupid and post without context


You explicitly stated that you did precisely what you were were implying you don't do; you're voting for a volatile candidate when you don't think you'll get burned (compared to the other candidate).



I explicitly stated I find Clinton to be less dangerous than Trump.

This is anecdotal evidence to refute the implied generalization made by Plansix that people okay with voting for Trump are doing so because they stand to lose nothing if he boils over.

I never fucking said that. You need to learn to read before blaming me for your shitposting.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
August 01 2016 02:12 GMT
#92011
You and stratos are actually the worst
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
August 01 2016 02:17 GMT
#92012
quality post
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
August 01 2016 02:20 GMT
#92013
On August 01 2016 11:12 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
You and stratos are actually the worst


Amusing considering you routinely try to call out people for substandard posting, yet you consistently throw out personal attacks and don't have a shred of intellectual integrity yourself.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-01 02:25:47
August 01 2016 02:25 GMT
#92014
On August 01 2016 11:07 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 11:01 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:46 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:27 Velr wrote:
If you support trump and your reason isn' "i want to see the world burn" or among these lines your either not thinking and just vote for the d/r or you are retarded.

I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.


Do you ever bother to read parent quotes when you decide to comment on things or just assume something stupid and post without context


You explicitly stated that you did precisely what you were were implying you don't do; you're voting for a volatile candidate when you don't think you'll get burned (compared to the other candidate).



I explicitly stated I find Clinton to be less dangerous than Trump.

This is anecdotal evidence to refute the implied generalization made by Plansix that people okay with voting for Trump are doing so because they stand to lose nothing if he boils over.

Actually, I think what Plansix (and Velr) said was that people ok with voting for Trump do so because either "they want to see the world burn" (and according to Plansix believe they will not get burned), or they are the kind of voter who will only ever vote Republican, or they are "retarded".

So, according to Plansix, there are other reasons why people would vote for Trump besides believing they stand to lose nothing if the world burns.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-01 02:26:14
August 01 2016 02:25 GMT
#92015
On August 01 2016 11:20 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 11:12 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
You and stratos are actually the worst


Amusing considering you routinely try to call out people for substandard posting, yet you consistently throw out personal attacks and don't have a shred of intellectual integrity yourself.


My first interaction with you is you coming into this quoting me in the middle of a discussion and insulting me.

Every time I see you post youre personally attacking someone and pointing out how stupid they are

You can dress your posts in as much fluff as you want but what you just projected on to me is literally a description of you - whining about others posting, personal attacks, and no intellectual integrity

Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
August 01 2016 02:26 GMT
#92016
On August 01 2016 11:25 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 11:20 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 11:12 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
You and stratos are actually the worst


Amusing considering you routinely try to call out people for substandard posting, yet you consistently throw out personal attacks and don't have a shred of intellectual integrity yourself.


My first interaction with you is you coming into this quoting me in the middle of a discussion and insulting me.

You can dress your posts in as much fluff as you want but what you just projected on to me is literally a description of you - whining about others posting, personal attacks, and no intellectual integrity


On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:27 Velr wrote:
If you support trump and your reason isn' "i want to see the world burn" or among these lines your either not thinking and just vote for the d/r or you are retarded.

I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.

How is this post an insult to you Templar?
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-01 02:34:14
August 01 2016 02:30 GMT
#92017
On August 01 2016 11:25 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 11:07 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 11:01 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:46 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:27 Velr wrote:
If you support trump and your reason isn' "i want to see the world burn" or among these lines your either not thinking and just vote for the d/r or you are retarded.

I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.


Do you ever bother to read parent quotes when you decide to comment on things or just assume something stupid and post without context


You explicitly stated that you did precisely what you were were implying you don't do; you're voting for a volatile candidate when you don't think you'll get burned (compared to the other candidate).



I explicitly stated I find Clinton to be less dangerous than Trump.

This is anecdotal evidence to refute the implied generalization made by Plansix that people okay with voting for Trump are doing so because they stand to lose nothing if he boils over.

Actually, I think what Plansix (and Velr) said was that people ok with voting for Trump do so because either "they want to see the world burn" (and according to Plansix believe they will not get burned), or they are the kind of voter who will only ever vote Republican, or they are "retarded".

So, according to Plansix, there are other reasons why people would vote for Trump besides believing they stand to lose nothing if the world burns.


Oh god thanks for clarifying. How much better that sounds wow

Okay well I don't always vote Republican and I'm not retarded so my anecdotal evidence still serves as a counterexample
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
August 01 2016 02:32 GMT
#92018
On August 01 2016 11:26 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 11:25 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 11:20 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 11:12 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
You and stratos are actually the worst


Amusing considering you routinely try to call out people for substandard posting, yet you consistently throw out personal attacks and don't have a shred of intellectual integrity yourself.


My first interaction with you is you coming into this quoting me in the middle of a discussion and insulting me.

You can dress your posts in as much fluff as you want but what you just projected on to me is literally a description of you - whining about others posting, personal attacks, and no intellectual integrity


Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:27 Velr wrote:
If you support trump and your reason isn' "i want to see the world burn" or among these lines your either not thinking and just vote for the d/r or you are retarded.

I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.

How is this post an insult to you Templar?


It isn't. That isn't our first interaction. That's just him thinking I was doing something I wasn't
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-01 02:36:46
August 01 2016 02:33 GMT
#92019
On August 01 2016 11:30 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 11:25 Aquanim wrote:
On August 01 2016 11:07 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 11:01 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:46 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:55 Plansix wrote:
[quote]
I've always noted that people who vote to see the world burn have already done the calculation that they aren't likely to get burned themselves.


I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.


Do you ever bother to read parent quotes when you decide to comment on things or just assume something stupid and post without context


You explicitly stated that you did precisely what you were were implying you don't do; you're voting for a volatile candidate when you don't think you'll get burned (compared to the other candidate).



I explicitly stated I find Clinton to be less dangerous than Trump.

This is anecdotal evidence to refute the implied generalization made by Plansix that people okay with voting for Trump are doing so because they stand to lose nothing if he boils over.

Actually, I think what Plansix (and Velr) said was that people ok with voting for Trump do so because either "they want to see the world burn" (and according to Plansix believe they will not get burned), or they are the kind of voter who will only ever vote Republican, or they are "retarded".

So, according to Plansix, there are other reasons why people would vote for Trump besides believing they stand to lose nothing if the world burns.


Oh god thanks for clarifying. How much better that sounds wow

I never said they were complimentary towards people intending to vote for Trump (and I would say that "retarded" is a far less diplomatic term than "mistaken as to the likely consequences of Trump becoming POTUS" - the latter is what I think you probably are).

EDIT: As a corollary, I don't think that you think you "stand to lose nothing if he boils over", and I doubt Plansix does either, because that particular reason isn't why you are voting for Trump.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
August 01 2016 02:35 GMT
#92020
On August 01 2016 11:33 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2016 11:30 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 11:25 Aquanim wrote:
On August 01 2016 11:07 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 11:01 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:46 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 10:27 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:05 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 01 2016 08:00 Plansix wrote:
On August 01 2016 07:58 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
[quote]

I'm currently deployed right now and believe I'm more likely to have to deploy again under Clinton than Trump.

Why do you assume every comment about voting for Trump is about you?


You love to drop that anecdote about your brother having to deploy all the time as reason alone to support Clinton over Trump and ignorantly imply the people who would support Trump are those unaffected by his decisions.

I'm someone who will be directly impacted by the decisions of the commander in chief and I trust Trump more than Clinton as my top boss, granted that isn't saying much, so I'm just telling you you're wrong.


I'm currently in the Navy reserves, and I have coworkers in the Army, Air Force, and Marine reserves (we all used to be active) and we universally agree that Trump would be far more likely to send us to war and we all trust any other current candidate over him.

Anecdotes are anecdotes.


Do you ever bother to read parent quotes when you decide to comment on things or just assume something stupid and post without context


You explicitly stated that you did precisely what you were were implying you don't do; you're voting for a volatile candidate when you don't think you'll get burned (compared to the other candidate).



I explicitly stated I find Clinton to be less dangerous than Trump.

This is anecdotal evidence to refute the implied generalization made by Plansix that people okay with voting for Trump are doing so because they stand to lose nothing if he boils over.

Actually, I think what Plansix (and Velr) said was that people ok with voting for Trump do so because either "they want to see the world burn" (and according to Plansix believe they will not get burned), or they are the kind of voter who will only ever vote Republican, or they are "retarded".

So, according to Plansix, there are other reasons why people would vote for Trump besides believing they stand to lose nothing if the world burns.


Oh god thanks for clarifying. How much better that sounds wow

I never said they were complimentary towards people intending to vote for Trump (and I would say that "retarded" is a far less diplomatic term than "mistaken as to the likely consequences of Trump becoming POTUS" - the latter is what I think you probably are).


That's fine. Maybe I am mistaken. Maybe I'm not.
Prev 1 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 10093 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 961
Mind 729
Larva 606
ggaemo 588
Stork 320
Leta 185
Bisu 158
PianO 150
Killer 45
Hyuk 34
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 21
Hm[arnc] 11
sorry 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe219
League of Legends
JimRising 391
Reynor101
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1150
Other Games
summit1g10263
Mew2King143
ArmadaUGS66
crisheroes26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream188
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2347
League of Legends
• Stunt1252
• Jankos1066
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
55m
Online Event
1h 55m
FEL
6h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.