• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:37
CEST 20:37
KST 03:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9564 users

Patch 1.4 PTR Notes (updated 9/8) - Page 277

Forum Index > Closed
9040 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 275 276 277 278 279 453 Next
Since this whole topic degenerated into the usual balance flamefest where every topic ends up if unmoderated it's time for it to clean up. Locking this down for a while. Any posts made after my post [page 233] not addressing the changes in this patch directly and containting flames or general balance whine will get banned for at least a week. ~Nyovne

There is way too much flaming in this thread right now. Calm down before you post! (Page 271) ~iamke55
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
September 09 2011 05:40 GMT
#5521
On September 09 2011 14:35 vicml21 wrote:
As a zerg, I'm really wondering why so many zerg's are against this NP nerf. Whenever I got infestors, they were mainly for fungal growth, and the only time I've really used neural was when I was messing around when the game was nearly done. I think that for a tier 2 unit, it makes the infestor pretty fair.

On top of that, I'm kind of hoping that zergs get a tier 3 caster in HoTS, and Im hoping this is one of the steps towards that. Either way, I think this change won't make as big of an impact that people think it might be.


They should drop corruptors and have mutas turn into broods or anti air flyers with greater spire tech. Would be more interesting than having a caster as the crutch against massive units, and I'm pretty sure mutalisks are called mutalisks because they are supposed to MUTATE.
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
September 09 2011 05:41 GMT
#5522
I'm happy I won't be afraid of colossi getting stomped because of NP.
However, I'm sure this NP change will be removed because zergs are such whiners. My aim isn't to piss anyone off, but it's proven that whine brings good things to Zerg (infestor buff before for example).
Sajaki
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1135 Posts
September 09 2011 05:42 GMT
#5523
Wait, what? Why is everyone saying they have to go back to roach hydra corruptor due to a nerf to neural? Roach Infestor Corruptor -> Broodlord, as well as Ling Infestor Corruptor will be better then that old army composition. You still have fungal and even though that was slightly weakened its still more then capable of ripping an army apart if you catch the protoss out of position, or even in a flatout battle. You probably will need support from Hive tech to beat a stalker colossus HT ball though, which is fair because Protoss have to tech to their equivalent to reach colossi and HT in the first place.
Inno pls...
Spectorials
Profile Joined October 2010
558 Posts
September 09 2011 05:42 GMT
#5524
On September 09 2011 14:33 adrenaLinG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 14:26 Spectorials wrote:
Also on top of allllllllll of this discussion...

EMP has a greater range than NP
Feedback has the same range as NP

So basically in the current game it only works on massive units if you FAIL TO EMP OR FEEDBACK.

This is not an imbalance, it's called learning to use the units and abilities you currently have available to you???


So you're saying that it's expected for T/P

to not only have teched and created Collossus/Thor

but to also tech and produce ghosts and HTs at the same time?

Whereas zerg just needs to make one unit to counter any massive unit?


Yes it is expected that a T/P goes Ghost / Templar if they see a Zerg building Infestors.

....

How can people even complain about it when you have DIRECT counters (and in the case of the Ghost a spell that OUTRANGES the Infestor)???
MrDudeMan
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada973 Posts
September 09 2011 05:42 GMT
#5525
On September 09 2011 14:31 roymarthyup wrote:
ZERGS: question, would you be okay with np change if it didnt require a upgrade and was only 50 energy?

that would actually be a big buff against tank pushes i think


No, because its still useless. It would be alright against tank pushes, but it would serve no purpose otherwise. Also, when you neural you lose an infestor for the duration of the mind control, you may as well throw down swarms of IT instead.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
September 09 2011 05:42 GMT
#5526
On September 09 2011 14:41 darkness wrote:
I'm happy I won't be afraid of colossi getting stomped because of NP.
However, I'm sure this NP change will be removed because zergs are such whiners. My aim isn't to piss anyone off, but it's proven that whine brings good things to Zerg (infestor buff before for example).

Yup, only zerg players whine. This isn't coming from someone incredibly biased.
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
September 09 2011 05:42 GMT
#5527
On September 09 2011 14:38 Treemonkeys wrote:
Well this kind of sucks, but honestly I don't use NP all that much. I am still surprised they haven't nerfed IT, the only spell that lets 4 spellcasters easily snipe a CC/nexus/hatch. It also sucks that they are further pushing toss towards colossus, and it seems like this is hitting when infestors have hardly even been tested in the pro level metagame. I don't understand why feedback isn't enough to deal with them. I don't see NP getting researched often at all outside of stalker/immortal timing pushes.

The thing is, feedback is definitely enough to deal with infestors. 1 HT can take out 4 infestors.
I love crazymoving
vicml21
Profile Joined May 2007
Canada165 Posts
September 09 2011 05:44 GMT
#5528
On September 09 2011 14:40 Odal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 14:35 vicml21 wrote:
As a zerg, I'm really wondering why so many zerg's are against this NP nerf. Whenever I got infestors, they were mainly for fungal growth, and the only time I've really used neural was when I was messing around when the game was nearly done. I think that for a tier 2 unit, it makes the infestor pretty fair.

On top of that, I'm kind of hoping that zergs get a tier 3 caster in HoTS, and Im hoping this is one of the steps towards that. Either way, I think this change won't make as big of an impact that people think it might be.


They should drop corruptors and have mutas turn into broods or anti air flyers with greater spire tech. Would be more interesting than having a caster as the crutch against massive units, and I'm pretty sure mutalisks are called mutalisks because they are supposed to MUTATE.


I actually feel the same way about mutalisks. But at the same time, I've been meaning to try Brood lords in ZvP play. But the others were right, I doubt Blizzard would be setting up the gameplay for HoTS at this point in the game. But even Dustin Browder himself said he disliked Corrupters in their role right now (which is anti collosus, or get them before you make broodlords). This is another thiing I hope they change in HoTS.
"Meow" - Probe
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
September 09 2011 05:45 GMT
#5529
I understand the need for this change in regards to ZvP but now terrans are going to be able to really abuse thors in ZvT- a match up where terran is already doing better in. Blizzard really needs to think about both match ups when making these changes.
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
September 09 2011 05:45 GMT
#5530
On September 09 2011 14:42 Flonomenalz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 14:38 Treemonkeys wrote:
Well this kind of sucks, but honestly I don't use NP all that much. I am still surprised they haven't nerfed IT, the only spell that lets 4 spellcasters easily snipe a CC/nexus/hatch. It also sucks that they are further pushing toss towards colossus, and it seems like this is hitting when infestors have hardly even been tested in the pro level metagame. I don't understand why feedback isn't enough to deal with them. I don't see NP getting researched often at all outside of stalker/immortal timing pushes.

The thing is, feedback is definitely enough to deal with infestors. 1 HT can take out 4 infestors.

Also dealing with burrowed infestor harass is like dealing with DTs. It's not as common yet but I'm sure eventually everyone will have their cannon/turret/spore placement down so that it's not much of a threat if you know the timings.
Exarl25
Profile Joined November 2010
1887 Posts
September 09 2011 05:46 GMT
#5531
Massive units are the only ones worth NPing. The ability wont even be worth researching after this.

Too drastic of a change and that's coming from a Protoss.

I would like to see the Mothership become immune to NP though. I've always thought it incredibly stupid that the only super unit in the game can simply be stolen by your opponent and used to Vortex your own army.
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
September 09 2011 05:47 GMT
#5532
On September 09 2011 14:42 Sajaki wrote:
Wait, what? Why is everyone saying they have to go back to roach hydra corruptor due to a nerf to neural? Roach Infestor Corruptor -> Broodlord, as well as Ling Infestor Corruptor will be better then that old army composition. You still have fungal and even though that was slightly weakened its still more then capable of ripping an army apart if you catch the protoss out of position, or even in a flatout battle. You probably will need support from Hive tech to beat a stalker colossus HT ball though, which is fair because Protoss have to tech to their equivalent to reach colossi and HT in the first place.

Roach Infestor Corruptor doesn't work. A smart Protoss will push with 3-4 Colossi, and then a Blink Stalker ball. You need at least 12 Corruptors to kill that many Colossi quick enough. Then comes the guessing game. If they are still making Colossi, you're gonna need those Corruptors. But you don't know. They could remax on pure Blink Stalker, then you have so much wasted supply in Corruptors. Unless you're already hive tech with enough mins and gas ready to instantly morph most of ur Corruptors into BLs.....
I love crazymoving
jstar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada568 Posts
September 09 2011 05:48 GMT
#5533
On September 09 2011 14:25 kheldorin wrote:
Wow, the preemptive whining by the Zerg players is insane. Just because of an NP change, they're pushing for buffs for hydras and corruptors?? All of the recent GSL wins by Zergs against Protoss didn't even involve NP being used.


Cuz they don't know how to play Zerg properly. Zerg is so strong currently the nerfs are much needed.
MenSol[ZerO]
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1134 Posts
September 09 2011 05:48 GMT
#5534
so many pages of whining that i cant actually find where or what the change is

can somebody please tell me
Prime/MarineKing!!! www.twitter.com/DayTripperSC
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
September 09 2011 05:49 GMT
#5535
On September 09 2011 14:45 Odal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 14:42 Flonomenalz wrote:
On September 09 2011 14:38 Treemonkeys wrote:
Well this kind of sucks, but honestly I don't use NP all that much. I am still surprised they haven't nerfed IT, the only spell that lets 4 spellcasters easily snipe a CC/nexus/hatch. It also sucks that they are further pushing toss towards colossus, and it seems like this is hitting when infestors have hardly even been tested in the pro level metagame. I don't understand why feedback isn't enough to deal with them. I don't see NP getting researched often at all outside of stalker/immortal timing pushes.

The thing is, feedback is definitely enough to deal with infestors. 1 HT can take out 4 infestors.

Also dealing with burrowed infestor harass is like dealing with DTs. It's not as common yet but I'm sure eventually everyone will have their cannon/turret/spore placement down so that it's not much of a threat if you know the timings.

Yup.

I remember a protoss complaining to me when I was dropping Infestors and taking out his Nexi. He said it was so imba. I asked him, hey doesnt Zerg use mutas to stop drops from Terran medivacs? why cant toss in mid-late game use phoenix to stop OL drops? phoenix are even faster then mutas....

Anyway, I don't think this change is gonna go through. It's crazy.
I love crazymoving
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
September 09 2011 05:49 GMT
#5536
On September 09 2011 14:48 MenSol[ZerO] wrote:
so many pages of whining that i cant actually find where or what the change is

can somebody please tell me


Click the link on the front page and scroll down. New patch notes are in italics iirc.
Spacedude
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark161 Posts
September 09 2011 05:50 GMT
#5537
On September 09 2011 14:41 darkness wrote:
I'm happy I won't be afraid of colossi getting stomped because of NP.
However, I'm sure this NP change will be removed because zergs are such whiners. My aim isn't to piss anyone off, but it's proven that whine brings good things to Zerg (infestor buff before for example).


That's very childish put. People whine, not Zerg or Terran or Protoss players. It's human physiology and it's the same for all. Same with bias, like your post is an example of.
Protoss win, Protoss OP. Terran win, Terran OP. Zerg win, Zerg OP. Less whine, more gg.
DamNoam
Profile Joined August 2011
Singapore19 Posts
September 09 2011 05:50 GMT
#5538
On September 09 2011 14:37 Flonomenalz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 14:34 DamNoam wrote:
This NP change just doesn't...feel right. I don't believe that it will horribly imbalance the game like many are convinced that it will but it feels rather inelegant to remove the primary function of a spell. I fear that if this change goes through NP will end up like the Thor's strike cannon. Sure you can theorycraft situations in which it will be useful but practicality dictates that it will almost never be used meaningfully.

I assume that this change has been suggested to even out PvZ. In which case, I believe that buffing HTs will be a better solution. I propose implementing some of the following: (implementing ALL might be overkill)

1.) Buff feedback range to 11-12ish. Allows HTs to snipe infestors (and ghosts) safely without risk of getting fungaled (or emped).

2.) Add an additional effect to feedback where it interrupts any spell being channeled by the target. This includes strike cannon and more importantly NP. One problem with NP is that once it fires off, feedbacking the infestor probably isn't going to be too useful unless that particular infestor was already injured/bloated with energy. This leads to the next point of...

3.) Make the infestor channeling neural parasite pulse bright green...or neon pink or something. NP is a spell that can absolutely turn the tide of battle and should be more visually apparent than a thin tentacle. This also allows for easier feedback sniping.

4.) If the infestor must be nerfed further perhaps disallowing fungal to snare massive units will be a better idea. Not only does this make thematic sense along with concussive shells whereby massive units are immune to slow, it also somewhat alleviates the problem of chain fungals wrecking a toss ball while the toss player is totally rooted in place.

5.) Kinda tangentially related point: Bring khaydarin amulet back as many have been suggesting BW style. Maybe bump down the cost and/or research time but make amulet equipped HTs spawn with 62ish energy and increased energy pool.

Nerfing units and removing abilities just isn't a fun exercise and induces QQ. Unit buffs (well, non-terran units anyway) is more likely to have a positive response and provide a better playing experience.

Feedback range to 11-12.... you cannot be serious.




Sure, I admit 11-12 range feedback might be excessive. I do believe the general idea is clear though. Feedback should slightly out range NP (and maybe more importantly EMP). The exact number can be tweaked and maybe something like a 10 or 10.5 will suffice. If nothing else, this functions as an "over buff" to draw attention to the HT as a counter to the infestor.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 05:53:01
September 09 2011 05:51 GMT
#5539
Hmm. On one hand, I can now try use motherships vs Zerg.

On the other hand, I can't now Neural Parasite a mothership.

As a random player, I'm very conflicted!

EDIT: But overall I feel the change is...unnecessary. NP never felt too overpowered. Annoying, sure, but overpowered? hmm...
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
September 09 2011 05:51 GMT
#5540
On September 09 2011 14:30 izgodlee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 14:21 Spectorials wrote:
On September 09 2011 14:16 Dommk wrote:
On September 09 2011 14:13 Spectorials wrote:
On September 09 2011 14:10 Sajaki wrote:
On September 09 2011 14:09 Spectorials wrote:
A serious question:

What unit WOULD you neural after this change? Can only think of HT or Ghost?

Might as well remove the ability :S?


Siege tanks, voidrays and immortals. They're the next biggest ones to come to mind.


But you don't build Infestors for 2 out of 3 of those...

Also Voidrays its more energy efficient to use fungal and infested terran.

Are you saying Zerg only make Infestors for NP? Because virtually EVERY ZvP transitions into Infestor mid/late game, regardless of what the Protoss is going...just because of Fungals.


No I'm saying that if their unit composition is heavy Immortal for example then build lots of Infestors is silly.

Infestors are built for their utility against units that come out of the same unit producing structures.

What I'm saying is that NP on those units is a waste of energy and hence the spell would be useless if they made this change.


"roach immortal is good against stalker" - idra
i guess you know more though?

+1, I think tier 2.5 like immortals, tanks, VRs are supposed to be NP, not the most expensive units and highest tech in the game, it's just too silly to watch your army got destroyed by your own units.
Prev 1 275 276 277 278 279 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 360
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 116
BRAT_OK 79
MindelVK 24
Railgan 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2170
Bisu 1078
Dewaltoss 139
Shinee 55
Trap 32
Bale 23
NaDa 23
scan(afreeca) 15
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 580
420jenkins412
Counter-Strike
fl0m4531
pashabiceps896
Fnx 642
x6flipin213
kRYSTAL_23
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3158
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1735
FrodaN868
B2W.Neo291
Livibee173
C9.Mang0146
TKL 93
QueenE83
RotterdaM68
Mew2King30
JuggernautJason7
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV231
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 14
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3165
• TFBlade747
Other Games
• Shiphtur1286
• imaqtpie711
• WagamamaTV381
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 23m
Patches Events
21h 23m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.