• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:10
CEST 15:10
KST 22:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8884 users

LRM)Game Retirement Announcement - Page 5

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
June 30 2011 15:37 GMT
#81
On July 01 2011 00:06 shinyA wrote:
Sup Dave~
<- SouL)Z(CutebOy
^_^

I didn't know you still played bw, you should come to SC2 and play for fun ~ =)


Heh Cute, I have no intention of playing SC2. That would do two things. A) Tie up more of my time (also learning space in my tiny little head B) Make me want to run right back to BW.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
AnyOne
Profile Joined January 2008
Chile547 Posts
June 30 2011 15:45 GMT
#82
nooooooo dont u do it
STX SOuL FightinG~ Inter.Calm FigthinG ~
Dansickle
Profile Joined November 2009
177 Posts
June 30 2011 15:50 GMT
#83
I'm sorry to hear this, Game. Thanks for all the work you've put into running some very enjoyable tournaments. See you around.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 16:05:29
June 30 2011 16:04 GMT
#84
So am I interpreting this correctly when they are saying 'No ISL if you are going to sell replays' and you are leaving because of this? It really doesn't sound like they're kicking you out in that PM, it sounds like they want you to stop the bullshit. Why are you abandoning an entire project with many people working on it just because they don't want you selling replays?

I really can't view iCCup as evil. It's a functional ladder provided for free even if there is a lot of dumb drama behind the scenes.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
June 30 2011 16:06 GMT
#85
I might have disagreed with the way you went about things, but you were undoubtedly a positive for the community. Thanks
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
qosu.tQ
Profile Joined October 2010
United States32 Posts
June 30 2011 16:13 GMT
#86
Rofl...is that Game.tQ?

<--- Soul)z(Aber SUP
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
June 30 2011 16:14 GMT
#87
GL with life and ofc thanks for all of the work you've put in for BW.

It is always unfortunate when someone leaves a shrinking or recently reduced scene.
What does it matter how I loose it?
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1794 Posts
June 30 2011 16:14 GMT
#88
On July 01 2011 01:04 Chef wrote:
So am I interpreting this correctly when they are saying 'No ISL if you are going to sell replays' and you are leaving because of this? It really doesn't sound like they're kicking you out in that PM, it sounds like they want you to stop the bullshit. Why are you abandoning an entire project with many people working on it just because they don't want you selling replays?

I really can't view iCCup as evil. It's a functional ladder provided for free even if there is a lot of dumb drama behind the scenes.


This isn't about it.

Check these:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=236666
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=236263
LML
00Zarathustra
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bolivia419 Posts
June 30 2011 16:25 GMT
#89
Really sad day for foreign BW.

Man I play 80% of my ladder games on Fish/Brain and I'm only going to go back to play on Iccup for ISL2. So yeah I think Game not only did good stuff for BW, he actually helped ICCUP (even if it wasn't intentional) driving people back to a ladder that is less and less active every day. The ISL2 will get more ladder games played in a month than ICCUP gets in a season.

Game's tourneys benefit both the community and ICCUP.
ICCUP actions towards Game not only hurts him but they hurt the whole community and themselves.

So yeah, Game is BM and trash talks the admins. But instead of taking it like it is just some guy's anger management problems Iccup take it personally and get offended.
I mean if you can get offended by some guy you don't know over the internet... and if his flamings can prevent you from doing the work you do for the community you love. Maybe your love is not big enough and you shouldn't have volunteered to work for the community for free.

People have written here before that they don't actually like Game but they respect him.

That's right they respect him. Why?

I'll tell you why: Because when someone flamed Game, when somebody just criticized him in a non-constructive way, maybe he got mad, maybe he didn't, but he kept working for the community he loved. Because that's the way you work when you love something. You just try to ignore the people and the situations that annoys you.

So yeah, I'm sorry ICCUP but spending your time and resources just to avoid getting offended and flamed is not professional in any way.

The question shouldn't be if the community needs ICCUP.

The real question should be: Does ICCUP needs admins that can't have a professional attitude towards "offenses" and criticism?
Zarathustra "You can't spell aNal_Rape without Nal_Ra"
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
June 30 2011 16:52 GMT
#90
Considering that Game sells replays, I think I'd rather wait until an Iccup staff member comments before making my judgments on this business. I can't deny that they're known for heavy abuse though.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
FreezerJumps
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada653 Posts
June 30 2011 17:02 GMT
#91
On July 01 2011 01:52 Lightwip wrote:
Considering that Game sells replays, I think I'd rather wait until an Iccup staff member comments before making my judgments on this business. I can't deny that they're known for heavy abuse though.


OP clearly shows that iccup staff are not to comment on this at all, so we pretty much have to form our opinions based on game's word alone.
Mazer
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada1086 Posts
June 30 2011 17:12 GMT
#92
You'd think during a time where foreigner BW is in pretty big decline, Iccup would work through such an 'issue' without need for perma-banning someone who contributes to whatever is left in the community.

GLuck to you sir.
YoonHo
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada1043 Posts
June 30 2011 17:17 GMT
#93
Ah fuck, this is a terrible news. I'm happy that I got to know you back in BW. Thanks for all the games/conversations we had. I wish you the best in the future.
IUFam Golf Wang~ NrGsteve
00Zarathustra
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bolivia419 Posts
June 30 2011 17:25 GMT
#94
On July 01 2011 01:52 Lightwip wrote:
Considering that Game sells replays, I think I'd rather wait until an Iccup staff member comments before making my judgments on this business. I can't deny that they're known for heavy abuse though.


Well he was going to give 90% of the sales back. I also had my doubts about this at the beginning. It's hard to trust someone that asks for money even if he promises to give it back.

But then the ISL grow to 1000$ tourney

He got us many 75$-200$ tourneys after ISL.

And now he got 1500$ sponsorship for ISL2

So now I think he was been honest about his intentions. He just wanted the community to help itself with 5$. He just presented it in a bad way and this made everyone get suspicious.

But he didn't fail to deliver ever since. He could have abandoned his projects when he was denied the support. And now we are here with a 1500$ thx to him.

So I think he has proven he had the best intentions with the replay sale already.
Zarathustra "You can't spell aNal_Rape without Nal_Ra"
0cz3c
Profile Joined February 2008
United States564 Posts
June 30 2011 17:36 GMT
#95
What childish kids...Iccup does some great things for the community, but this seems like an unprofessional move that sites like TL would never fall into...
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
June 30 2011 17:49 GMT
#96
Thanks for the contributions. Take care man.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
XXGeneration
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States625 Posts
June 30 2011 18:00 GMT
#97
I always enjoyed your well-organized and am sorry to see you go.

Your passion for BW in spite of all the iCCup drama is inspiring. Good luck in your future endeavors.
"I was so surprised when I first played StarCraft 2. I couldn't believe that such an easy game exists... I guess the best way to attract people these days is to make things easy and simple." -Midas
sLiMpoweR
Profile Joined March 2009
United States430 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 18:27:47
June 30 2011 18:24 GMT
#98
petty sad when u have to write your own retirement thread cause u want attention

seriously tho game iv known u for a long time and even tho ur sorta emo, its a pity to see you go ^^
Team aMg
JoeKim
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States608 Posts
June 30 2011 18:50 GMT
#99


Well, there's a lot of things I could say and I know there are a lot of things that Game left unsaid, but will attempt to keep this short as possible.

I've known LRM)Game before he even heard of LRM. He was around during Mix, 55, Ladder Challenges, Pogi, and practically during the rise as well as the fall of nilla (original SC). He branched out to Brood War before a lot of us alongside Boxerz[Siege] (Skew, Alex) and was quickly recognized as a prominent gamer. Back then, his more popular handle was Vega. For those old schoolers that kinda think you remember him but don't remember his akas, he was sG.Vega, Game.tQ, Game[LighT], MgZ)inG, Excello.Game, MgZ)Game, Odin[fOu], Xion_G.VeGa, Johndoe[ScM] & Game[MnM].

Our history together involved a lot of shit talking, mainly towards each other until Brood War started to "die." Having a common ambition to keep our addiction breathing, we decided to collaborate. With experience came knowledge, thus we piggybacked a lot of ideas from the past with prestigious events (ISL <> TSL), other money tournaments, live event broadcasts, seeking sponsors, community involvement, etc etc etc. Just a shit-ton of projects contributing to a major goal, leaving a jab of a scar on SC2 for the superman punch it has left on BW.

ISL was way more successful than I ever expected. It was not as well-fortified as TSL since ISL did not have 20+ people working together, as well as getting paid, however we worked with what we had and we were fueled off pure passion. Once ISL was over, gamers were not satisfied. They craved the flavor that was left in their mouths. That yearning was slowly quenched but never fully appeased. ISL2 was necessary and boy, it was going to be heaps better than the first. Unlike movie sequels, BW Tournaments can only get better because lessons are learned after launching a prototype: Prize Pool gets bigger, competition gets heavier, format aspects are more solidified, viewer count rises, so on and so forth.

Yet with every cause or business involving money, there is always an inclination to try and make some money. The time and effort being invested should definitely be rewarded even if it's purely miniscule. We were looking at like $10 each for the whole "Replay Sales" fiasco(?) OMG right? Well, it didn't really pull through and even if it did, Game would push us towards pitching in for ISL2 anyway. I agree that donations would have probably been better, but it was just an attempt to see how it would go, kinda like tipping a waiter for his servitude (when you return, it will be better).

ISL2 was of the utmost importance though. Knowing this, I desperately contacted every higher up that I knew to get un-IPbanned. Unfortunately, the decision was ultimately up to the current Head Admin. He gave me a chance to make amends by removing all my malicious content towards iCCup Admins (Messer). Therefore, I removed my TL signature regarding the JoeKim vs iCCup, but I completely forgot that I made a new YouTube account to rant about Messer. That should have been deleted too, but I was unaware, so the IPban is still in permanent effect. Although I've praised the great work he has done regarding iCCup overall, I was against a lot of his decisions outside of iCCup.

Excessive BM was never manipulated in this manner, if it was, Ladder 2x2 would always be under /moderate and every 2v2 player would have to whisper one another. The fact that Game has valor in this community puts him on a higher pedestal subject to higher punishment. Any post outside of iCCup site/server shouldn't be applicable i.e. if a Facebook/YouTube post is made, or if someone were to Tweet something about iCCup, people/gamers should have that freedom to express themselves. There was no announcement regarding this new regulation that if you post things outside of iCCup site/server and get caught, you will be punished. I know this for an absolute fact, because during Mai-K's Head Admin Leadership, I let him know about Team [SOA]'s Portuguese Forum talking shit about me and all of the ICCUP Admins when I caught/banned Capri from iCCup Clan League for cheating; yet since it does not involve the site nor the server, "justice" cannot be served.

All in all, before I turn this post into a full on 10-page essay. I just want to say that I was really excited for ISL2 because it was Game's second child. These early stages of it was like a Baby Shower on a beautiful summer day that got shat on by Hurricane _______(insert your name of preference). iCCup has been very generous for "letting" us use them like a dirty rug, but ISL would only benefit them with or without pension. Yet two vessels have been cut from the slow-beating heart belonging to BW.

The words "thank you" are not enough to express my gratitude towards you, Dave. Well at least not without a proper feminine-alcoholic-umbrella drink in your hands. We've had our ups and downs as a dysfunctional gay couple fighting over our "His" and "His" towels. Hahaha, I know this isn't the end but rather a new beginning for you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors with the world. You have been an amazing leader (LRM), a sick innovating gamer, a remarkable tournament organizer, an insightful collaboration partner, a powerful member of the community, as well as a fantastic "BBF or BFF" / Cookie Monster (friend, buddy, pal, guy).
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 19:33:09
June 30 2011 19:18 GMT
#100
@ Joe I really liked your post, but I especially like that "valor" is added to my resume <3
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC175
EnkiAlexander 10
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
SteadfastSC 127
Rex 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50771
Bisu 2259
Horang2 1301
Hyuk 615
BeSt 480
EffOrt 428
Mini 398
Light 354
Soma 329
Larva 287
[ Show more ]
ZerO 185
Shuttle 152
Rush 138
Mong 93
Leta 89
Barracks 83
Snow 69
Pusan 63
Sea.KH 59
ToSsGirL 50
Mind 47
Aegong 33
Yoon 30
JYJ 28
Sexy 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4808
XaKoH 401
Counter-Strike
Fnx 719
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1431
Khaldor1190
Lowko430
Other Games
gofns35645
singsing2086
olofmeister1294
B2W.Neo445
hiko402
Livibee198
Beastyqt167
Liquid`VortiX90
Mew2King75
ZerO(Twitch)15
djWHEAT14
ArmadaUGS0
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 258
ComeBackTV 198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 124
Other Games
BasetradeTV52
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 50m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 50m
Online Event
21h 50m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.