• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:22
CEST 16:22
KST 23:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6842 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 46

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 54 Next
Hamzilla
Profile Joined April 2011
United States143 Posts
August 18 2011 15:25 GMT
#901
Aight guys, in the past 2 weeks ive had a razer black widow as well as a Das Professional S. Both are cherry blue switches.

One thing that I havnt read much about is that the Razer qwerty keyboard is small. So small that I had to return it bc I couldnt get used to it. The problem is im used to hitting the far left btm key, CTRL, but in this case it is a macro key. I kept hitting the macro key instead of ctrl. Hotkeying for sc2 was just terrible. Also, the ESC key isnt in the far top left, its slightly to the right bc of those macro keys, so I kept missing that as well.

The Das professional is a dream. Nice full size keyboard. Sounds great. Useful two extra USP ports on the right side. I used the student discount they offer and paid ~$100. The one down fall is no media keys however there are easy workarounds for that. Use a program called AutoHotKey for custom keys.
nerd
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
August 18 2011 15:41 GMT
#902
On August 19 2011 00:25 Hamzilla wrote:
Aight guys, in the past 2 weeks ive had a razer black widow as well as a Das Professional S. Both are cherry blue switches.

One thing that I havnt read much about is that the Razer qwerty keyboard is small. So small that I had to return it bc I couldnt get used to it. The problem is im used to hitting the far left btm key, CTRL, but in this case it is a macro key. I kept hitting the macro key instead of ctrl. Hotkeying for sc2 was just terrible. Also, the ESC key isnt in the far top left, its slightly to the right bc of those macro keys, so I kept missing that as well.

The Das professional is a dream. Nice full size keyboard. Sounds great. Useful two extra USP ports on the right side. I used the student discount they offer and paid ~$100. The one down fall is no media keys however there are easy workarounds for that. Use a program called AutoHotKey for custom keys.

By testing the two at the same time you are stopping yourself from adjusting the quirks of the BW. I use a BW and I thought I'd go insane hitting the escape and macro keys when I first got it. But over time I got used to it. I no longer hit the macro keys and I have adjusted to the slightly shifted ESC key. Also while you are getting used to the keyboard you can remap keys M4-5 to SHIFT and CTRL(respectively) just to make your transition easier.
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
August 18 2011 15:56 GMT
#903
As far as I know, if you want a good mechanical keyboard, Razer black widow which most people recommend is actually ok. The only problem is that you HAVE to get used to the different key size.
The macro keys are more or less "icing on top" type of thing, what matters most is how comfortable to type on.
Daskeyboard pretty much owns the black widow in that aspect, it feels amazing just to type on that thing.

The only reason why I switched my das for a ducky keyboard is that I disliked the glossy, too easy to get finger print.
The more you use, the more you would realise how useless those "extra" features are and eventually you will get one that is simple and "feel" best.
I got a DK-1008 just to check out ducky's build quality since my mate told me they are as good as das but way cheaper in price.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
isleyofthenorth
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Austria894 Posts
August 18 2011 16:58 GMT
#904
can i buy a das with german layout? i never found one
rtsAlaran
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany383 Posts
August 18 2011 17:09 GMT
#905
On August 19 2011 01:58 isleyofthenorth wrote:
can i buy a das with german layout? i never found one


google ftw ;p
http://www.getdigital.de/products/Das_Keyboard_Model_S_Professional
isleyofthenorth
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Austria894 Posts
August 18 2011 17:15 GMT
#906
On August 19 2011 02:09 rtsAlaran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 01:58 isleyofthenorth wrote:
can i buy a das with german layout? i never found one


google ftw ;p
http://www.getdigital.de/products/Das_Keyboard_Model_S_Professional


i didnt find anything, guess im dumb lol. thanks
Rk0
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands224 Posts
August 18 2011 22:57 GMT
#907
anyone else got a fucked up feeling with the razer blackwidow macro keys? my hand always tries to use the macro buttons instead of CTRL+Shift, it got its own life . I never had extra macro keys on the left side before so I usually automatically just took the bottom left key for CTRL which is normal on a normal layout. On the blackwidow however you have extra macro keys that anoy the fuck out of me currently. Did anyone expierence this problem as well? I probably just have to get used to it but its rather anoying trying to bind something ingame while you're not pressing CTRL but it feels like you do.
Glockateer
Profile Joined June 2009
United States254 Posts
August 18 2011 23:12 GMT
#908
For those complaining about the macro keys... I had the same problem when I tried it. I popped out the macro keys on the left and the problem was instantly fixed. My hand never went there again.
GET SM4SHED
Goldenfighter
Profile Joined August 2011
United States45 Posts
August 18 2011 23:16 GMT
#909
So any opnions on leopold otaku vs das
Both with blue switch?
FruitDealer | Hero | Nada | Polt | Effort
Syben
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
August 19 2011 01:05 GMT
#910
[image loading]

My checkered Leopold tenkeyless
Definitely gonna switch to G, the only race I havent played yet. - TLO
KoTakUEurO
Profile Joined May 2011
605 Posts
August 19 2011 01:09 GMT
#911
i use a Das Silent w/ Cherry Browns, works very well for me
if you want to go more mainstream, go with a Blackwidow, I've tried it and it's quite good, but I'm attached to my Das :p
Zowies are also a safe bet
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
August 19 2011 01:36 GMT
#912
On August 18 2011 08:13 TeaGreen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 13:54 Lmui wrote:
On August 17 2011 11:51 SoulWager wrote:
Just ordered a semi-custom w/ Cherry Browns from WASD keyboards.


Post your thoughts after you get it. I'm on a das right now but my budget would allow me to get a fully customized checkerboard which would be awesome. It would be a serious investment though.


I just ordered a 104 set of blank white keycaps and a red Esc key from wasdkeyboards.com. I plain on checkering my Das Ultimate. I emailed the guys there and they said the keycap profile's the same so everything should work out great. You might wanna just get the keycaps instead of a whole new keyboard, you'll save some cash.

On the other hand if you wanted to try different switches or something you could buy a keyboard from them with white keys and have TWO checkered keyboards.


Good idea. I spoke with some friends and one's willing to get a checkered keyboard and pay for it which means that I essentially just pay shipping to canada for a checkered keyboard and I'd have to change the keys myself but nbd.
rtsAlaran
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany383 Posts
August 19 2011 06:48 GMT
#913
On August 19 2011 08:12 Glockateer wrote:
For those complaining about the macro keys... I had the same problem when I tried it. I popped out the macro keys on the left and the problem was instantly fixed. My hand never went there again.

the same way SeleCt did it http://www.sk-gaming.com/photo/278897
ryan1894
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 07:54:00
August 19 2011 07:53 GMT
#914
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 19 2011 10:05 Syben wrote:
[image loading]

My checkered Leopold tenkeyless


Nice 'n' shiny 3 and a/w keys there. You play terran?

How long did it take you to wear down the keys like that?

Also nice books
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 08:18:20
August 19 2011 08:16 GMT
#915
If you had the choice between the following 5, what would you go for?
http://www.prisjakt.nu/produktlistor.php?do=lista&b=1025649

SteelSeries SteelKeys 7G
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Zowie Gear Celeritas Pro
QPAD MK-80 Pro
Mionix Zibal 60 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

^^From cheapest to most expensive. I'd be using it for both gaming and typing needs.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Talho
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium592 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 08:23:31
August 19 2011 08:23 GMT
#916
On August 19 2011 17:16 nihlon wrote:
If you had the choice between the following 5, what would you go for?
http://www.prisjakt.nu/produktlistor.php?do=lista&b=1025649

SteelSeries SteelKeys 7G
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Zowie Gear Celeritas Pro
QPAD MK-80 Pro
Mionix Zibal 60 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

^^From cheapest to most expensive. I'd be using it for both gaming and typing needs.


7G = black switches, the rest are all probably blue ones.

The first 3 are pretty okay, dont know the last 2, I guess they would be okay 2.

but for the same price or just a little higher you can get undoubtedly the best which is DAS or Filco
Syben
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
August 19 2011 08:35 GMT
#917
If you are in the US and want a FILCO quality keyboard that you can customize check out www.wasdkeyboards.com. I have a Leopold but got my white keycaps from them.
Definitely gonna switch to G, the only race I havent played yet. - TLO
Rk0
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands224 Posts
August 19 2011 08:43 GMT
#918
On August 19 2011 08:12 Glockateer wrote:
For those complaining about the macro keys... I had the same problem when I tried it. I popped out the macro keys on the left and the problem was instantly fixed. My hand never went there again.


oh thats a smart plan I did it now Thanks a lot lol
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 09:04:18
August 19 2011 09:00 GMT
#919
On August 19 2011 17:23 Talho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 17:16 nihlon wrote:
If you had the choice between the following 5, what would you go for?
http://www.prisjakt.nu/produktlistor.php?do=lista&b=1025649

SteelSeries SteelKeys 7G
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Zowie Gear Celeritas Pro
QPAD MK-80 Pro
Mionix Zibal 60 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

^^From cheapest to most expensive. I'd be using it for both gaming and typing needs.


7G = black switches, the rest are all probably blue ones.

The first 3 are pretty okay, dont know the last 2, I guess they would be okay 2.

but for the same price or just a little higher you can get undoubtedly the best which is DAS or Filco


These are the switches from the link:

SteelSeries SteelKeys 7G - Cherry MX Black
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - Cherry MX Blue
Zowie Gear Celeritas Pro - Cherry MX Brown
QPAD MK-80 Pro - Cherry MX Blue
Mionix Zibal 60 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Black

The main reason I linked those above is because they have swedish layout. I guess the Das UK version in the link a few posts above might work for about the same cost but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of ording from a different country with a different layout than I'm used to if one of the above works. The zowie has brown switches so maybe that would suit me best for a mixed usage?

I found one site with Filco that deliver to sweden with swedish layout:
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_search.asp?SG=10029

With shipping it's basically the same cost. Would one of those be a better choice?

Filco Majestouch-2, NKR, Tactile Action Keyboard
Filco Majestouch-2, NKR, Click Action Keyboard
Filco Majestouch, NKR, Linear Action Keyboard
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 09:22:37
August 19 2011 09:20 GMT
#920
A Filco is always the better choice. The reason the others are popular is because they usually cost significantly less than a Filco, and are much more available. If they're the same price for you, always get the Filco unless you want Multimedia keys.

I didn't upgrade to a better mechanical keyboard from the BlackWidow because I don't feel they're worth the cost in the store.

Switch preference should also be taken into consideration, as well as keyboard layout. Steelseries has a funky keyboard layout, while Razer has a funky function key layout.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 969
WardiTV808
OGKoka 259
Rex141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
Rex 141
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2784
Shuttle 1668
EffOrt 838
BeSt 638
Light 403
Mini 366
firebathero 356
ZerO 277
ggaemo 269
Stork 264
[ Show more ]
Rush 177
Barracks 120
Shine 89
Zeus 80
Sea.KH 67
Killer 59
Hyun 42
Yoon 40
sorry 36
Shinee 30
ToSsGirL 29
Sexy 28
Mong 27
Aegong 26
Terrorterran 25
Bale 20
soO 17
HiyA 16
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
qojqva3643
Dendi1932
BananaSlamJamma311
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes463
Other Games
singsing2247
olofmeister1621
hiko1044
B2W.Neo846
Lowko348
Pyrionflax230
Sick195
Liquid`VortiX190
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)12
Liquid`RaSZi4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream542
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2309
• Nemesis1825
• TFBlade476
Other Games
• WagamamaTV269
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 38m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.